IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

4 minutes ago, elliha said:

He sounds like every young person who has discovered "the truth". My high school friend who was a communist was equally smug. I don't know her views today but she bugged me even then with her absolute ideas and her immunity to any disagreement with her statements. She on the other hand has a better chance of finding nuance than this guy ever will with his upbringing. I do still have hope as I have with all young people even fundamentalists. A lot happens between 20 and 30 and a lot of people do change.

6 plus kids are likely to happen to Joshua Bontrager between 20 and 30. Along with a whole lot of positive reinforcement from his family, friends, audience when touring/preaching, and doting wife. I don’t see a whole lot of self reflection and growth taking place though.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, lilith said:

6 plus kids are likely to happen to Joshua Bontrager between 20 and 30. Along with a whole lot of positive reinforcement from his family, friends, audience when touring/preaching, and doting wife. I don’t see a whole lot of self reflection and growth taking place though.

Six kids is probably the factor that may change him the most. Becoming a parent is groundbreaking but it may both verify and make you question your views and no one knows which one will happen beforehand. I am definitely a different person before and after kids and both kids contributed to the changes. I think that Zack and Whitney Bates are an example of at least "something" happening with regards to life style when they had kids. I am not saying they are no longer fundie but it is clear that they have changed some things.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joshua somehow completed studies for a bachelors in communications from Thomas Edison State University. I guess you can cram your online education into 16 months. Joshua is only 20'and seems to know everything.:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

My husband actually got his B.S. from Thomas Edison. They do give credits for a lot of vocational type training so they are (or at least were) popular with the military community. Plus the classes are accelerated so you can get a lot done quickly. He went in with a degree from a CC college and they gave him credit for a bunch of his military training so he only needed something like 8 classes. He finished in less than a year. He didn't care where the degree was from, he was coming off of active duty and thought it would look good on his resume, especially since a college education is not needed at all for his career field.  A few years later he ended up getting his masters through a major state university and they accepted all his college credits without issue.

That being said, Joshua comes off as a pompous ass in the video. Yuck.

2 hours ago, lilith said:

Not just you. The Bontragers were heavily into VF in its heyday.

The Bontragers life in such a "spiritually mixed" world. Sorry, I can't explain it better.

The are both from Amish/Mennonite families, attend a baptist church and were heavily on VF which had a big Calvinist crowd back in the day.

Bless his pompous heart. I hope his Mennonite relatives watch that trailer and eyeroll when no one is looking.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity

"In our time, around 50% of Americans are slaves to government entitlements." :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

I can imagine him watching that promo video on repeat, while his wife and family gaze at him adoringly and proudly. He could not have sounded any more VF or Western Conservatory (the Botkins) even if he tried. Such a pompous little boy.

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

"In our time, around 50% of Americans are slaves to government entitlements." :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Like farm subsidies? biofuel tax credits? Tell me more, Farmer Josh!!

"Surely," said I, "It can't be as bad as all that."

I watched the video. It was, in fact, as bad as all that. The breathless narration all tinny with home recording echoes just kinda sweetened the verdict of "Is this a homework project for a high schooler?"

He sounds very passionate about... being right-wing, I guess. I didn't really grasp any point to the video. Methinks he didn't really plan this out properly and could benefit from an intensive upper-level writing course. 

Never forget that the whole reason for Quiverfull is to raise up an Army for God. To take dominion over the country and "return" it to  Godly ways. The Bons may market themselves better but they have exactly the same beliefs. Just like the Bates putting away the old clown dresses that poor Michael had to sew for everyone and now wear Hollister or whatever it is all for a purpose--to "take back" the country.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:31 PM, acheronbeach said:

He needs to work on his weird squinty/squishy facial expressions.  They're really awkward and distracting...

He reminded me of a child having a particularly difficult bowel movement. He was almost wiggling

It‘s that kind of men you get when you nurture their manhood instead of squelching it (see Allisons blog for that). [emoji6]

I just keep remembering the time the Bons were on 19 Kids and Counting and all the Duggars had to fake messing up their "oh-so-hard-to-pronounce" last name. It got really old.

Is Bowers the same family as Emily from bower flowers? Whose husband left her when she was pregnant with their third baby? He is in the Forces I think?

6 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Is Bowers the same family as Emily from bower flowers? Whose husband left her when she was pregnant with their third baby? He is in the Forces I think?

No. They tour for their father’s AGENDA movie/presentation and moved to live near the Bontragers a year or so ago.

2 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

All the Bowers children have names that start with C. Like Crockett :-/ Currently the only unmarried adult child is Charlie. The other six still at home are underage. 

From a double wedding to double babies...

As many guessed, John & Cassidy are also pregnant.

The girls are both due mid-July - ONE DAY APART.

What AMAZING news and how VERY thrilled we are to have TWO babies on the way! 

Cassidy is due in mid-July. Carolina is due in mid-July. 

The girls due dates are....ONE DAY APART. :)

We love this dear baby already and are praying, praying, praying! 

Babies are miraculous!

http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/2018/01/our-very-favorite-business-card.html

Wow....so both sisters get to share so many experiences. Got married on the same day. First kisses and sex on the same day. Now they get to enjoy pregnancy and have their babies close together. Not trying to be mushy, but all this is pretty special....I guess.

5 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

The last names are actually different- this is the Bower family while Emily's last name is Brower .

Interesting the Bontragers haven’t announced. They are on tour, but still usually blog.

And I find it very odd that these girls are waiting til the end of their first trimesters, after their first ultrasounds in this case, to announce their first pregnancies to their family. I wanted advice and support from my mother all the time during my first pregnancy, and told her as soon as I knew. And I had been living independently on the other side of the state for years - these girls only just stopped spending 24 hours a day with their family.

On 5.1.2018 at 10:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since fundies don't drink, they aren't abstaining from normal drinking situations and making it suspicious.

If I ever get pregnant in the future, everybody will immeadiately be able to tell. No more drinking, no more smoking.

And yeah.. double babies. Not really a surprise. This is going to be an interesting baby watch. I'll wonder how they'll handle things when both girls go into labor at the same time? Will they run back and forth between two delivey rooms in the hospital? Are the Bowers or Bontragers known to have homebirths?

44 minutes ago, ophelia said:

If I ever get pregnant in the future, everybody will immeadiately be able to tell. No more drinking, no more smoking.

And yeah.. double babies. Not really a surprise. This is going to be an interesting baby watch. I'll wonder how they'll handle things when both girls go into labor at the same time? Will they run back and forth between two delivey rooms in the hospital? Are the Bowers or Bontragers known to have homebirths?

I found out I was pregnant just before Christmas with my last baby. Lots of people were informed or figured it out very early due to my abstaining from even celebratory sips of drinks (and throwing up when I smelled food being prepared). Then when I started bleeding in mid January I was horrified at the thought of both losing the baby and having to tell people. Luckily Bub was fine.

I strongly suspect the Bowtrager girls will birth at home. Maybe they can have a double birth!

And now we all know their cycles were synchronised.....

A double fundie homebirth. What a snark festival this would be. Maybe they could also livestream that? Just like their weddings?

I get be close to your sister and maybe want to share the wedding day, but also your first pregnancy and very likely your first baby bday? is a little bit too much for me thanks. That said I'm really looking forward to seeing how this gonna be, double first delivery after a double wedding, who know maybe the Duggars or the Bates will take note and try to copy for the next time?:5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

Yep I called it. Neither girl wanted to be carried at the wedding processional and I knew it was because they were pregnant. I just figured Cass was a month behind since her sister announced first. 

One day apart? Well periods are supposed to sync when you live together....

On 1/17/2018 at 5:30 AM, lilith said:

6 plus kids are likely to happen to Joshua Bontrager between 20 and 30.

He's currently 20 and his wife is due in July (he will be 21 by then). He may actually have more than 6 by 30! Ugh.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived