IGNORED

O'Reilly out at FOX!

47of74

I read an article on the Walmart raises and bonuses on NBC, NBC article .    Here are the excerpts that I found interesting:  

McMillon said Walmart will give onetime bonuses to hourly workers who already earn more than $11. The amount will be based on employees' length of service with the company, starting at $200 and going up to $1,000 for workers with tenures of 20 years or longer.

Walmart said the wage increases will cost $300 million, and the bonuses will cost $400 million...

Ken Perkins, founder of research firm Retail Metrics, suggested that the Sam's Club closings were a misstep, saying, "The store closures with no notice is a bit out of character for Walmart and not the best way to treat your employees."

Perkins estimated that Walmart could save as much as $2 billion in taxes this year under the new plan.

So no, not every employee will get a raise and not every employee will get a bonus.    Did Fox report how much they're estimated to save in taxes this year ... no, I thought not!  If they pay out what they estimate to their employees, that's 1.3 billion straight to the bottom line with no effort on their part!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Smoochie said:

going up to $1,000 for workers with tenures of 20 years or longer.

Yeah, anybody who's worked for 20 years for a company, probably in corporate, expects a bonus that size. Were you really not giving those bonuses to your regional VPs before this? I think not. Just announcing an existing policy to make themselves look good.

This is what all of these large companies will be doing, offering big announcements of things that they have been doing for years, as if their huge tax breaks are what spurred them on. Meanwhile, in the background, layoffs, more jobs sent overseas, benefits cut, but they won't announce that.

1 hour ago, GrumpyGran said:

This is what all of these large companies will be doing, offering big announcements of things that they have been doing for years, as if their huge tax breaks are what spurred them on. Meanwhile, in the background, layoffs, more jobs sent overseas, benefits cut, but they won't announce that.

Hey, that's not true.  None of that is true!  If it was, Hannity would have said so.  No, the cut in the corporate tax rate means that employers will be passing those savings onto their employees, in the form of a bonus.  That's what's going to happen, because Hannity said it would!  :pow:

6 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Hey, that's not true.  None of that is true!  If it was, Hannity would have said so.  No, the cut in the corporate tax rate means that employers will be passing those savings onto their employees, in the form of a bonus.  That's what's going to happen, because Hannity said it would!  :pow:

Well, he can tell us what Dumpy is going to be tweeting about tomorrow, I'll give him that. :pb_lol:

Because as we all recall, Martin Luther King was all about puppies and vanilla strawberry sundaes, he was not at all political and did not die for his controversial political message

Go home Fox News, you are drunk

27 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Because as we all recall, Martin Luther King was all about puppies and vanilla strawberry sundaes, he was not at all political and did not die for his controversial political message

These people know no shame. Let's trot out a young black man to lecture everyone about taking this sacred day and politicizing it. Hey, morons, what MLK did was about politics. Shame on you for using this guy to try, and that's all you can do, try to appear as if you are such a great supporter of minorities. You are the predominant platform for racism in this country. Let's ask all of the white Faux News anchors what kind of "service" they are doing today.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

And this is how Trump is marking the day

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politics/mlk-jr-day-donald-trump-schedule/index.html

President Donald Trump appears poised to ignore his own calls for Americans to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day with "acts of civic work and community service."

Trump is not scheduled to partake in any service projects on the federal holiday he and every other US president have designated as a "day of service" since 1994. Instead, he arrived Monday morning at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida. The only event on the public schedule released daily by the White House is the flight that will take him back to Washington in the afternoon.

I thought it might be fun to compare what CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News discussed on MLK Day.  I flipped between Chris Cuomo and Rachel Maddow, and recorded Sean Hannity for later scrutinizing.

CNN: interview with Martin Luther King III, interview with woman whose husband, brought to the U. S. at age 10, was deported back to Mexico after being here 30 years.

MSNBC:  something about Trump and chromium mining, Trump played golf on MLK Day, shady transactions with Trump condos, African countries want an apology from Trump.  Interview with news legend Dan Rather.  The plausibility of that doctor's report (the one with the doctor's name misspelled).

Fox News:  Actually started with that California family with the locked-up kids. The Hawaii snafu is absolutely NOT Trump's fault, despite what The Left says; he makes fun of Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Jim Carrey, and Jamie Lee Curtis.  Evil Democrats are going to boycott the upcoming State of the Union.  It only takes him eleven minutes to get to Mueller, FISA, and uranium.  Then it's on to the Twitter "scandal" he manufactured (he claims Twitter creates a profile of users based on their feeds, and sell those profiles to advertisers, and then the evil advertisers target you -- isn't that a cookie?).  Mark Levin complains about anti-Trump bias at the DOJ and FBI.  Uh-oh, Tomi Lahren's back on the street, asking people what their beef was with Fox News.  One guy said that Hannity has a "lot of inner and outer demons."  She got all fluffed up when another guy accidentally called her Tammy, and called him disrespectful.  Tomi claims that California has lots of conservatives, but every single one is afraid of making their opinions known, and they can't even wear (plain) red hats in public.  And he played this message, left on his hotline

I just watched the beginning of your show.  You really are something.  You're a cheap little thug with a big mouth, a bigger ego, and four brain cells.

Of course, MLK wasn't mentioned at all, on. Martin. Luther. King. Day.

8 hours ago, JMarie said:

Of course, MLK wasn't mentioned at all, on. Martin. Luther. King. Day.

Fox figured it would look really bad if they said nasty things about Dr. King on MLK day, and if they made complementary comments, the audience at home would be furious at Fox for at least a week. :pb_rollseyes:

Just had a flashback to that time in the 80s when my hometown was considering renaming one of the main streets to honor Dr. King. This one older white woman was furious, and kept asking why the black people didn't rename one of the streets on "their" side of town so she wouldn't have to see it. :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Of course he smells a rat. He is standing too close to Trump Tower

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Among the many very scary things that exist in this country now is the fact that morons like this are making our laws. He is dangerous, I hope the people in his district see what a lunatic he is and get rid of him.

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

People on Fox News (regular "personalities" and guests) can blurt out the most outrageous statements, and their viewers will accept it as truth.  No fact checking, no need for retractions.  We expect our newscasters to be educated about, and report on, actual news.  But that doesn't seem to matter for Fox News, the "fair and balanced" channel (except they stopped using that phrase -- wonder why??).  Sure, they're giving you information you won't find anywhere else.  It's. because. it's. not. the. truth., so. other. networks. won't. discuss. it.

I think most people would agree that Trump's race is one of the least offensive things about him

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think most people would agree that Trump's race is one of the least offensive things about him

I swear to god ... Fox is just ... I mean ... what the everloving fuck is wrong with them!  Is it something they put in the watercooler?  Are they really all that stupid?  I know, I know ...

Tonight's Hannity:  Hillary's emails (again), illegal immigration (again), Tomi Lahren in West Hollywood (again)

No mention of the weekend's marches or the government shutdown.  Wouldn't want to confuse the viewers with new topics.

12 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Tonight's Hannity:  Hillary's emails (again), illegal immigration (again), Tomi Lahren in West Hollywood (again)

No mention of the weekend's marches or the government shutdown.  Wouldn't want to confuse the viewers with new topics.

See, it saves Faux money, because they don't have to employ scriptwriters and employees to load the teleprompters, since they do the same thing every night. They just have to pay people to make Shammity look vaguely human and change his shirt and jacket.

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh, Lara? You're married to Eric Trump. If you think the things that come out of his mouth qualify as "smart" I'm pretty sure you have your "smart" faucet switched with your "dumb" one.

Poor Lara is out of the loop, no one gave her the talking points. It was not an anti Trump march, everyone was there to celebrate Trump's kick ass year.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived