IGNORED

What Does Your Craft Room Look Like

trailertrashcouturenc

I'm getting ready to organize my craft room and I was wondering  how everybody else rooms looked.  Right now I'm in the process of ironing and folding all my fabric so it can be stored neatly and not just jumbled in a box.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Mine currently is under reorganization and is a disaster area, lol. Otherwise it's a mix of bookcases and a small cabinet to keep my yarn, fabric and scrapbooking supplies, along with a table for cutting fabric, ironing board and my sewing machine.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

My craft room looks like some one tried to organize it, but got distracted by a new, shiny project. And like Ikea bookshelves weren't meant to hold books (one of my Billy shelves gave out and I haven't resettled all of the avalanche.) My craft room in also the catch-all for everyone else's unwanted stuff. But! I am suddenly in a sewing mood again, so it must be tidied. I popped over here to see if anyone else was sewing for the holidays.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 9:29 AM, Leftitinmysnood said:

My craft room looks like some one tried to organize it, but got distracted by a new, shiny project. And like Ikea bookshelves weren't meant to hold books (one of my Billy shelves gave out and I haven't resettled all of the avalanche.) My craft room in also the catch-all for everyone else's unwanted stuff. But! I am suddenly in a sewing mood again, so it must be tidied. I popped over here to see if anyone else was sewing for the holidays.

I relate so hard to this. I have several projects that are half finished... squirrel! :my_smile:

What are you planning on sewing?

My son wants a quilt. Since the last one I made took 4 years, I'm not optimistic, but we'll  see. I'm pretty delusional when it comes to sewing deadlines. Also a skirt for my daughte and some project and cosmetic bags for Christmas gifts. 

• 1 year later...

I know the last answer to this was in 2017 and it's now June 2019, but my craft room looks like the Borq Queen organized it.  Because that is my nickname and I earned it because I can be a bit of a control freak!  Everything has a place, and everything is in it's place if I'm not currently using it or working on it!

• Upvote 2

My craft room looks like the living room couch and a bunch of random boxes with needles, thread, and fabric shoved into them. I've gone underground, all the usable living space in the house taken up by children and their things. 

• Upvote 2

My 16 x 20 sunroom will be my future craft room, once I finish the great purge of paperwork from the parentals.  My mother kept every receipt from 2005 until she passed away in 2017.  I just bought a Silhouette Cameo 3 and haven't had the courage to take it out of the box.  My dining room table is covered with coloring supplies.  

• Upvote 2

Mine looks like complete shit. The craft/game room:

Spoiler

EC1FBD8C-FCCA-44E5-9C27-8D41541F1C0C.thumb.jpeg.da7fe7f69beda7828d9c2e8bebd33d06.jpeg

BAD36A0C-D662-4CE8-A7A8-9BF8ECC425E6.thumb.jpeg.6414b22b00c3eb09636c973999419dd2.jpeg

I did manage to organize the tea shelf/spice shelf this morning:

Spoiler

9EC5EF4D-514F-4460-804A-D4814378C76B.thumb.jpeg.c43fa97401ecde21e7f0b275f8e016a0.jpeg

44A0DA04-5F87-4A92-81E0-86AE7B2B595E.thumb.jpeg.3e5701fe18bbbe443df9035f173b9062.jpeg

I was frustrated trying to make tea and just ended up clearing the whole damn thing out. Since the weather is weirdly in the 70’s I’m going to ignore the craft mess and go sit outside. 

Edited by DancingPhalanges
Trying to remove random pic, words are hard.
  • Upvote 2

my craft room consists of a sewing box and a large wicker basket that follow me around to whatever warm, sunny spot looks like a good place to play.  ergo, i don't have a craft room, and if i did, it would probably look like a storm hit.  i don't think craft areas are supposed to be neat.....

my cabinets, on the other hand, i like those to be orderly.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

My craft room is also our guest room, but since we are in quarantine right now, we're not expecting any guests. So, the ironing board is out, the folding table is out with cutting mat, and nothing is really put away. In fact, I stripped the bed to give it a chance to air out for a while. . We moved here last year (it's our first home!), and this is the first time that I've actually had a room dedicated to a crafting space (unless we have overnight guests).

• Love 1

I don’t have a designated craft room. I use the dining room table. Right now it’s a mess. My sewing machine is out, along with my iron, and piles of fabric. I hope to get it straightened out in the next day or so. 

Following up on my post from last June, the Silhouette Cameo has been used and abused.  It is now sitting on my kitchen table surrounded by scraps of card stock.  In the ensuing 9 months, I have acquired at least 200 pads of card stock.  I opened an Etsy shop with no sales yet.  

I don't do crafts because I've never been good at any kind of manual work that requires fine motor skills.  The only C's I ever got in school were in  home-ec (especially when we had to sew).  I hated all home-ec classes.

I have recently converted my daughter's old bedroom into a place to  teach now that I'm working from home.  It has everything I need, but I needed a wifi booster because it's a little far from the modem.

My daughter, on the other hand, is an artist and a writer.  She's with us finishing this semester's grad courses online and because she's hopefully less likely to get the virus where we live since it's not urban.  She has a beautiful space for doing the crafts she enjoys - just a space near her new bedroom with good natural light,   a drafting table and room for all the paints and other things she uses.   It's fun to enjoy what someone else creates - and if it wasn't for my husband, who is also very artistic, my life would be colorless and dull.  I love being surrounded by these creative people who make my life more beautiful.  

• Love 2