IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

I read her post pretty early this morning. The thing about personally knowing people was not there. I commented that Matthew 18 requires us to confront people personally/ privately. Comment was not published but apparently she felt defensive enough to address it.

I would say there are still plenty of ways to privately approach people.

Also Lori can't seem to voice dis agreement without being judgmental. I don't think anyone thinks there can be no disagreement on biblical interpretation. Lori can disagree with someone else's position all she wants. But her tone is extremely judgmental without fail and she is a terrible hypocrite on top of that. She is also completely incapable of seeing that about herself.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH HECK NO...she really just went after JoJo on her blog? For co-owning a successful brand with her husband (that they started together before they had kids)?? That allows them to support their family while helping to improve the community they live in? Where they appropriately incorporate the kids in the business as much as possible and still make family time a priority? Seriously?!

I call BS on Lori's claim that she is judging Joanna righteously because "it is God’s will for mothers to be home full time with their children raising them in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord." Once again, please show me where in the Bible it states that "home-making" or "being a keeper at home" requires being home full-time or that the Proverbs 31 woman did all those tasks from inside her abode. If you ask me, I think that JoJo is a great example of a modern Proverbs 31 woman, from having her husband's trust, to considering and buying a field (or in this case, the Silos), right down to her children and husband praising her.  

Lori is tearing down Joanna because she's jealous. Lori is lazy and always wanted to just be home and is more comfortable when other women stay at home like she does. Lori places all women in one of two categories: feminist career woman (evil) or long suffering SAHM (good). Joanna has everything Lori doesn't:  a husband who seems to truly love her and a marriage that works the way it should (mutual respect and unselfishness), plus kids plus a very successful business plus an apparently strong and confident faith. Lori is threatened by all that. She knows she can't control what Joanna does and is far more comfortable preaching to women she can control (and deleting comments of any who disagree).  

Lori doesn't want to admit that she is just too lazy to work. Staying home is fine if it is financially possible and your choice. But working is fine too for whatever reasons. The problem with Lori is that it really seems like she had no desire to be a SAHM--hence the nanny, housekeeper etc... She wanted to be home so she didn't have to do anything.

Making it the only Christian thing to do is a justification for her own laziness.

As for all the Bible stuff she quotes, that is from a time when kids weren't in school and the economy wasn't at all like today. You can't compare the time or culture. Plus as we have discussed at FJ a billion times, women have worked in all kinds of ways-paid and unpaid for all of history.

When some of us were kids, we played make-believe and pretended to be princesses and queens and knights and horses and whatever. And then one day we learned the truth about what being a princess or a queen really meant - we'd have servants and people to dress us in pretty dresses, yes, but we'd also have to marry whomever our dad told us to and then bear children and probably die young.  It's like Lori got stuck on "Princess Mode" and thought, you know, if I marry who my dad wants me to and make it work, everything will be great! I can do that! I can lie there while he impregnates me and then retire to my private quarters. At least I'm not a peasant!  She's like the Princess in the Tower asking her servants why they aren't going to the ball and if they just prayed harder a prince might come marry them too. 

Lori sucks. Trying to find biblical reasons to avoid doing any work.   Wanting to be under educated and shallow. I have more respect for Zsu, even though Zsu is cruel and evil and brainwashed, at least she doesn't live in her imagination where poor people don't exist. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori (regularly) uses her blog to call out people who she knows personally.  The lady who makes thongs, the neighbor with the dirty house, her mom's friend with the dirty house, the pastor's wife (she wears bikinis), the guy who borrowed their car and didn't return it in the condition that Lori expected, women who have rejected Lori's mentorship (they'll never have successful marriages according to Lori).  Hell, she even gossips about her own parents (her aunts both put her in her place about that).

She uses that blog as a means to control people, and gossip about others.  

In that little notebook doodle you c&p'd today, where she takes a snotty swipe at her mother, who is dying of cancer, because she wasn't "submissive" enough, I wonder if her family sees her true colors. How can anyone read that and not see an insecure, controlling, emotionally abusive woman who is not happy unless everyone around her is utterly miserable? When your mom is dying of cancer, your primary goal is usually to ease her suffering if you can. I had a "difficult relationship," as she so loves to call them, with my mom my whole life (and that's an understatement), and there is no way I'd have publicly spit on her the way Lori is doing with her nasty little slam book. Eight years ago I said goodbye to my mom for the last time, told her I loved her for the last time and never saw her again. Cancer took her.

One day, Lori's mom is going to die, too. What is Lori going to be left with? The regrets of a life completely and utterly wasted and what little time she had with her mom squandered on idiotic whining and lost forever? Or just her cold, unemotional, hateful self, looking for someone new to bitch about?

Another thing about today's post.  

Lori says:

However, it’s good to call them out if they are claiming to be a Christian and not living according to His Word. 

Lori does this daily.  She calls out readers, "celebrities", and people she knows irl.

One might think that if Lori applies that principle to others, she'd be okay with having it applied to her.

Not so.  This is her response when a reader "called her out":

Thank you for explaining, Amy, but you don’t need to hold me accountable. I have plenty of godly people, especially my husband, holding me accountable. Blessings!

So "it's good" for Lori to hold pretty much everyone she comes across "accountable" by calling them out, but Lori herself doesn't need others holding her accountable (or only people who are too intimidated by her to actually do it).

Does she not think Nancy Woglemuth has people holding her accountable?  Please, Lori just wants to boss others.  

@polecat  Exactly.  She has shamelessly slammed her mom on her blog.  I am just grateful that her aunts "called her out" for it.  It was "good".

When anyone else would be offering comfort, Lori offers recrimination for everything she can think of.

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

One might think that if Lori applies that principle to others, she'd be okay with having it applied to her.

Not so.  This is her response when a reader "called her out":

So "it's good" for Lori to hold pretty much everyone she comes across "accountable" by calling them out, but Lori herself doesn't need others holding her accountable (or only people who are too intimidated by her to actually do it).

Does she not think Nancy Woglemuth has people holding her accountable?  Please, Lori just wants to boss others.  Exactly.  

She is the worst hypocrite that I have ever come across. And after six years in Christian school hell, that's saying a lot. 

You all have been on top of calling Lori out on her hypocrisy-I can't add anything else but this:

Lori Alexander is a monster.

Today's post:

Many women today are spendthrifts. They are continually going shopping and spending money or scouring the Internet for things to buy.

Like that $70 skirt she bought online the other week. 

We don’t need an expensive college education, the latest fashions, expensive haircuts and manicures, spa days, elaborate vacations, new cars, perfectly decorated homes, eating out often 

Right, the latest fashions like a $70 skirt. 

Today's post is about not "squandering your husband's income". Lori spent more on one skirt than I spend on a week of groceries.

It's like she's a hypocrite or something.

Someone in the Facebook comments says all the household money is joint and Lori corrects her. Gross.

I'm reading the swipe at Joanna Gaines and laughing. 

All of those other things she’s involved in are for naught if she loses her children to the world. I am not trying to destroy her life.

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure Joanna's life and kids will continue to be fine somehow:D 

52 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Today's post:

Like that $70 skirt she bought online the other week. 

Right, the latest fashions like a $70 skirt. 

Oh, I wish she was trying to play everyone. I can't see how someone could be so obviously obtuse. The money isn't joint and all, but she buys a skirt for $70, has a large house in a wealthy neighborhood, sent her children to private high schools and college, goes on numerous vacations like to Door County Wisconsin for 3 weeks, to Hawaii, and many other places, has a gold Mercedes, spent 1500 for refurnishing, bought specialty carpet that requires low vacuum use, buys expensive Norwex cloths, buys expensive makeup, eats out every week, often twice a week, buys expensive vitamins that Ken openly admitted to not wanting to spend money on and all that is just what I can recall, there's likely much more. However, it's everyone else who needs to be more frugal and spends their husband's money so frivolously. It would be hilarious if people weren't clearly deceived by her writing. 

Also, someone mentioned above that she posted an image of herself as homecoming queen. Why am I not surprised she was? What happened to no one liking her because she was an open Christian? Such a liar as always. I totally buy that she was the stereotypical rich mean girl who thought she was above everyone else because her daddy had money. She was totally a bully, guaranteed. Was she a majorette or cheerleader too and I missed her either saying it or she never told us? My sister was captain of the cheer team and was homecoming queen also, so not against such or that all are mean girls, just that we all know Lori totally was a Regina George. 

We don’t need an expensive college education, the latest fashions, expensive haircuts and manicures, spa days, elaborate vacations, new cars, perfectly decorated homes, eating out often (Americans now spend more money on dining out than groceries)

Meanwhile, you can check out Youtube (from this very week) to hear Lori talking about her new kitchen remodel.

You can check her Always Learning blog to read about her new carpet that doesn't show dirt (it never needs to be vacuumed *gag*), and the $1,500 she spent reupholstering the sofa!

Well, they really aren't brand new, just recovered. They look like brand new, however, and they only cost me $1500! I also got new carpet.

You can check out the Transformed Wife for posts on how to save money by purchasing your denim skirts for the low, low price of $70.  

You can also watch her "favorite things" Youtube videos if you have around $300 to drop on beauty products.  Her Instagram usually features at least one or two (ridiculously priced) items that Lori just couldn't do without.

Finally, for tips on saving on vacation, Lori is definitely the person to ask!  She saved money by turning her usual 2.5 week vacation into a 7 week vacation.  Cause she's frugal, y'all!  :roll:

We went to Wisconsin this past summer and were planning on staying there for two and a half weeks so I packed enough clothes for that in one suitcase, along with makeup, vitamins, food, pillows, and only brought two pairs of shoes. We ended up staying almost seven weeks

11 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

She was totally a bully, guaranteed. Was she a majorette or cheerleader too and I missed her either saying it or she never told us? 

She was absolutely a bully.  If she didn't have friends, that was the reason.  The whole, "people just didn't understand me, because I was sooooo holy", is utter nonsense.

I was bossy and controlling.  Ask my sisters.  They will tell you I always got my way. 

Yes, she was a cheerleader:

The picture above is of Stephanie and me. We were friends in high school. I LOVED cheerleading. I loved the summer camps and the competitions. I especially loved the football games. {This is why I love football today!} After the games, I would go to the school dances and dance until I could hardly walk. The next day, I could barely get out of bed! {Keep in mind, I was NOT raised like the Duggars!}

My only good memory of high school was being a cheerleader my junior and senior year. I loved being a cheerleader!

I went to high school in the 70's too, and the cheerleaders all hung out together and were the most popular girls.

Also, only the most popular girls were voted homecoming queen.  I imagine Lori's school was similar.

It doesn't sound to me like she was shunned for being so very Christian at all.

Also, some of those cheer routines and outfits are not the most modest...

8 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Also, some of those cheer routines and outfits are not the most modest...

You don't understand!  She wasn't raised like the Duggars!  Matter of fact, she soooo wasn't raised like the Duggars, that she had to mention it in two different posts.  Just in case you thought she was raised like the Duggars.  Because she wasn't.  Jim Bob and Michelle were definitely not her parents.

I would go to the school dances and dance until I could hardly walk. The next day, I could barely get out of bed! {Keep in mind, I was NOT raised like the Duggars!}

As you can see, I was not raised like the Duggars. I wore short shorts.

So, as you can see, Lori was not raised like the Duggars.

My last "holy shit" trip to Savers, I spent 75 bucks...3 skirts, 5 tops, a pair of shoes, 5 books and a desk chair. Ok...I blew through almost 600 bucks getting my car fixed...and 65 bucks filling up hubby's gas tank. 

Vacation? What's that? 

Any group that performs in public and the outfit requires you to wear special clothes under your skirt, say spanky pants (what we called them, honest) is not going to be modest. Otherwise your underwear will be showing. Not that I had blue spanky pants & white boots in my past or anything....

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

Meanwhile, you can check out Youtube (from this very week) to hear Lori talking about her new kitchen remodel.

You can check her Always Learning blog to read about her new carpet that doesn't show dirt (it never needs to be vacuumed *gag*), and the $1,500 she spent reupholstering the sofa!

You can check out the Transformed Wife for posts on how to save money by purchasing your denim skirts for the low, low price of $70.  

You can also watch her "favorite things" Youtube videos if you have around $300 to drop on beauty products.  Her Instagram usually features at least one or two (ridiculously priced) items that Lori just couldn't do without.

Finally, for tips on saving on vacation, Lori is definitely the person to ask!  She saved money by turning her usual 2.5 week vacation into a 7 week vacation.  Cause she's frugal, y'all!  :roll:

She was absolutely a bully.  If she didn't have friends, that was the reason.  The whole, "people just didn't understand me, because I was sooooo holy", is utter nonsense.

Yes, she was a cheerleader:

I knew it. She was the popular, rich stereotypical mean girl who was a bully to others. There is for sure zero doubt now. They liked her enough to vote her for HCQ, but I bet after high school when the mean popular rich kids stop mattering so much, people stopped liking her so much. She was a spoiled, entitled child turned adult and never had to work for anything in life so she wanted a rich husband so she wouldn't have to work for anything as an adult either. Her father insisted she go to college, so she found a husband there. However, Ken tried seminary school and her parents gave them a place to live during that time which she hated because no money and she had to actually work. When that clearly didn't make much money she insisted he do something else. When he insisted she work until they had child #2, she sabotaged her birth control. When his new job required him to travel often, he got her a nanny and maid to handle the children and house for her. When a church asks for money on Sunday, she could not be bothered to tithe. When her children became adults she read some books and heard some verses about older women teaching younger women and decided to start her blog, but the title Always Learning, that wasn't for her, it's her teaching others. Others are to learn from her, not her learning because she is the mouthpiece for god and she knows all. (In Lori's case, age clearly did not mean wisdom-many teens in high school are wiser than she will ever be, actually, I know children with more wisdom and intellect than Lori, seriously). Now, she can once again be the mean girl she always was. Popular, not so much, and that ticks her off, hence why she openly tears down any Christian female blogger who is more popular than her. It pisses her off that as an adult, she cannot be the popular mean girl and get the same attention she once did. She is convinced evryone likes her and if they don't or disagree, she shuts them down because no one doesn't like her. When someone does shut her down, she mocks them. People don't want her advice, they are willful sinners or unbelievers bound for hell. Church stop them, that church is a bad church. Neighbors shun them, they are the bad ones. It's NEVER that Lori's wrong, it's ALWAYS someone else. 

Lori clearly only cares about herself and she mocks her mother's marriage, but I think her mother and father went wrong with Lori instead. I don't think they ever told her no. I think Lori was the baby of the family, but could be wrong. However, Lori beat her own children to make her own life easier. Her children seem like overall decent people, but clearly have issues, some more than others. Ryan is following too much in their footsteps, force feeding Emma when she doesn't want food and blanket training her to stay away when she wants food. They spanked her and are apparently now homeschooling her. Poor Emma, also her younger brother and sister that we don't hear about. Steven seemed more distant from them, moving further and further away, but they seem to be conservative Christians and all, so iffy. I hope being so far will stop the worst influences and they won't beat their daughter. Cassi seems the most defensive of her parents and teachings and am concerned about her daughter's future also. Alyssa, while still Christian, seems the most unlike her parents. She seems to be the rebellious one, but it's clear that Lori and Ken's controlling behaviors have caused problems in their lives. Both daughters admitted to issues with eating and nearly developing eating disorders. Lori is very snotty to her eldest and seems to take digs at her all the time. Knowing her daughter and SIL have infertility problems, she gave a snotty as hell awful reply to her daughter's cute puppy that a baby is better. Who the hell type of person would say that to someone they know has infertility problems? Total asshole she is. 

Most people who are rich snotty mean kids in school do grow up once in the real world, but not all. Lori is one who never did and clearly never will. 

We've all agreed that Lori's reading comprehension skills aren't the greatest, correct? In the first article she cites about the 400 hours of shopping, the article itself explicitly states that not all of those hours are spent at the mall. A good portion is spent on grocery shopping, errands, window shopping, etc. I've also learned from frugal blogs (and my own very frugal parents), that part of being frugal is spending a lot of time researching and shopping around for bargains, but that doesn't mean you have to buy something every time you enter a store. Conversely, a sure-fire way to spend less time shopping is to pay full-price for everything, which defeats the purpose of today's blog post.

I also find her caveat of when not to spend very telling: "if all these mean we are dissipating our husband's income." First, the implication is that if it doesn't negatively impact the family finances, go ahead and do these things (even though they're not necessarily prudent), frugality is for poor people! Ugh, no, being frugal/prudent/a good steward of your money should apply no matter what income bracket you're in. There are also frugal ways to do all the things on her list, but not all at once. Part of frugality is that it allows those who practice it to save up money for the things that ARE important to them (and they get to decide what those things are). Second, the use of "dissipated" has the wrong connotation; her post would be much better served had she used "squandered". I'll admit I laughed at the title, imagining dollar bills just evaporating into thin air. :giggle:

Many women today are spendthrifts. They are continually going shopping and spending money or scouring the Internet for things to buy. The average woman makes 301 trips to the store annually, spending close to 400 hours a year shopping. This amounts to 8.5 years spent shopping during a typical lifespan. They are not content with what they have and must have more and more. 

This woman is for real trolling us, right? Because we ALL know what she spends. WE KNOW. And so do all her blog readers! Cosmetics, food, clothing, couch covers ... she pisses away as much of Ken's paycheck as she can weasel out of him. She spends it as fast as he can make it.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

My last "holy shit" trip to Savers, I spent 75 bucks...3 skirts, 5 tops, a pair of shoes, 5 books and a desk chair. Ok...I blew through almost 600 bucks getting my car fixed...and 65 bucks filling up hubby's gas tank. 

Vacation? What's that? 

I absolutely love Savers. For one thing, one of my kids is suuuuper thin and tall (for his weight, anyway) and I have a hard time finding him pants that fit -- Savers seems to have the best range of pants sizes. I have found more pants to fit him there than anywhere else. I also found the BEST SKIRT EVER there. I'll take Savers any day over Lori's $70 plain denim skirt. Heck, you found practically an entire week's worth of clothes PLUS some extras for the same price as her one skirt. :highfive:

1 minute ago, polecat said:

Heck, you found practically an entire week's worth of clothes PLUS some extras for the same price as her one skirt. 

Yeah I did...I LOVE Savers...we also have a Deseret Thrift (Mormon) here...a little pricey for a thrift store but MAN!!! Like designer type stuff for cheap. They also have great household stuff too.

Ugh, I started reading the comments on the post, and I just can't even....

*I can't find the head bang wall emoticon but picture it here*

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived