IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

27 minutes ago, Showtunesgirl said:

@Koala is the leggings post on FB? I don't see it on the blog.

It is :)

31 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I sure wish Lori would realise it's none of HER damned business, either. :pb_rollseyes:

Lori needs a shirt that says, "I am the busybody that your Bible warned you about".

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lord.have.mercy.  She's back on the damn leggings again.  AGAIN!  Why?  Is she doing it to shame her daughter (the article she links, mentions the exact brand her daughter sells)?  Is she doing it because she thinks Ken spends his days (as a Godly older man, of course), looking at women in leggings?  Just why?  :pulling_hair:Why does it matter to her what other adults wear?

I manage to go all over town, and it never occurs to me to care what other women are wearing. My husband goes off to work every day.  I never worry that he'll be "defrauded" by the women he passes on the street.  I never worry that he'll lust after a complete stranger.

My god, what kind of men are these women married to? Do they just have no self control?

In the comments, her readers are busily trying to "out-modest" one another.  

"I wear a skirt over my leggings."   

"Well, that's just shameful.  I wear leggings, shorts, AND a skirt so that my brothers in Christ don't stumble."

:roll:

I wouldn't put it past Lori to be shaming her daughter for being involved with Lularoe. We know that Alyssa wears bikins with her friends and now Lori is pissed that Alyssa is selling ungodly tight leggings to her friends.

Lori should call up Zsu Anderson to give Alyssa lessons in dress modestly and maybe Alyssa will learn the error of her ways and starts shiling modest swimwear instead of Lularoe leggings.

This is the picture that is on the article's heading. It also shows up on her Facebook page. 

Is she really that dim?  

"Leggings cause men to lust. Don't wear leggings.  Let me show you some women wearing leggings."  

IMG_6106.PNG

FACEBOOK COMMENT:

Great article but I wish there was a way to share it without that picture. It seems rather contradictory to speak on the immodesty of leggings while showing that picture.

Well, it looks like someone else finds her hypocrisy a bit annoying. I wonder how long that comment will last. 

If I wear leggings (not the sporty type, just plain casual ones) I do always wear a skirt/dress over them, but that is because I feel naked otherwise- to me they are akin to underwear and I don't feel comfortable without a skirt over them. But that is just me, and the skirt isn't usually knee-length. I don't wear sporty leggings to work out because they feel too tight/uncomfortable on me. 

So many girls at my university wear sports leggings around campus. Lori's head would explode... both at the girls wearing leggings and the girls at a university.

Another good comment on the leggings post:

If they pass the bend over test and you can't see anything, who cares? Most jeans now are as tight as leggings. And if guys automatically think about sex as soon as they see a woman in leggings, yes I'd say they have a problem. What do make doctors, nurses, and first responders, do? They can't fall apart at the site of a woman even if she's buck naked. Seriously. Let's give men a little benefit of the doubt instead of thinking they are only sex addicts and can't see a woman's leg without crumbling

and this one:

I'm pregnant, recovering from an abdominal surgery, and completely miserable. If I want to wear leggings as pants, then guess what? They're going to be pants. If someone's life has reached the point that they're so miserable that they need to evaluate what I wear then that's their problem.

So for the record its 1am eastern time and that thread is hopping. 26 comments, not including the replies. Me thinks Lori is in bed. Its funny what happens after hours. Will be curious to see if that number goes down a lot in the morning. 

Ugh. If Lori has another post go viral!!! she's going to be even more insufferable than before. If that's even possible.

I wonder if she knows how much she reveals about her insecurities just by topic choice alone. Godliness? No. Plain old jealousy. 

The men in my family and social circles are insulted and offended that they are being portrayed as uncontrollable animals. I know my husband does.

This is like a couple of posts she has written recently.  There was one where she used pictures of the Teen Moms to illustrate young motherhood or something, and then claimed she didn't have any idea that those young women were actually the last example of what she was looking for.  "I had no idea!  I googled for a picture of nice young mothers and got that!  How embarrassing!  I'll change that immediately!"  She magnaminously didn't ask how her readers recognized these women and why they are 'famous'.

Then there was the post about something else.  Biblical submission?  Anyway, she included a picture of a woman in bondage and then acted surprised when someone pointed out to her that the picture was disturbing.  "Oh, is it?  I didn't realize!  I'm so friggin' holy and all, you know.  Thanks for pointing that out to me!"  You know she wanted to add "BTW, what kind of a sluts are you to realize that that picture represents BDSM?"

She's doing this because she wants people to respond.  I can't wait to see what she does next.  Soon her blog will be a wierd mix of chastity, submission, MRA rights, and Sex Sells.  Anything for attention.  Blessings, Lori, blessings!

She didn't write the post. This is a link she shared. Still gross and hypocritical of course. But no viral glory for her this time.

4 hours ago, Flossie said:

<snip> She's doing this because she wants people to respond.  I can't wait to see what she does next.  Soon her blog will be a wierd mix of chastity, submission, MRA rights, and Sex Sells.  Anything for attention.  Blessings, Lori, blessings!

It's already there.  :?

I love this guy's comment, lol: 

What a fantastic job of painting men as drooling apes. Great way to ward off any future spouse. And it's not like you're all 22 years old anymore...no "hormonal boy" is going to be looking too much, so don't worry.

And then there's this one ... 

The most judgey award on facebook goes tooooo....

Lori's delete finger needs to wake up so that I can get back to work.

Oh Lordt, someone linked to that paragon of forward-thinking, Biblical Gender Roles.  

Your laundry belongs to the Lord everyone. Don't forget it. That dirty underwear is the Holy Spirit's and that grass stained t-shirt belongs to Jesus.

I had to Google "bend over test"--the only one I was aware of came from a PBS miniseries on fundamentalism(there were also episodes on Muslim and Jewish fundamentalists), which a home-economics teacher at BJU suggested to determine whether a neckline was modest enough.  "If you see the valley, it's too low."

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Your laundry belongs to the Lord everyone.

I read that part a few times and still couldn't make sense of the socks example. 

Reader:

My children prefer to eat. If I don't work, they don't eat. Again, not everyone has the LUXURY of being a stay at home mom. You really shouldn't judge a situation that you've been too blessed not to have been in.

Lori (who claims to mentor women):

Nothing is impossible with God!

That's literally all she said.  For heaven's sake, tell her how to do it, Lori.  If you mentor women, offer her some practical tips for raising children with no income.  

Tell her how you handle landlords and mortgage companies when explaining why you can't pay your rent/mortgage.

Tell her how to convince the utility companies that they can't shut your power, water, heat off because it belongs to God.

Tell her how to get the grocery store to give her the thousands and thousands of dollars worth of food that she'll need as her children are growing up.  

Should she just quit today?  What's the first step in a life without money?  

This. Woman. Is. Bat. Shit. 

And needs to STFU stat.

Going through the comments it's obvious that reading comprehension is *not* a skill most fundies have mastered:

"Fangirl Reader X:  If we do as God commands us to do and walk in our creation role as a Wife then a Mother. We don't have to worry about the eating part.. Because if a man don't work then we don't eat.  But our men that follow in their creation roles per the Bible ,,,all of this falls into place. Mothers MUST stay at home with their children..." (bolding mine)

The reader who said her children prefer to eat made it very, very clear that she is a single parent and the sole support of the family.  She says she's tired of the judgment from posts like Lori's.

Then another wonderful (Not) fangirl reader says oh no we're not judging you, just speaking the truth.  It's your guilt that makes you feel judged. The original poster fires back "I have NO guilt for supporting my children"

Lori has added a comment with her usual claptrap lie that a woman can work at home like the Proverbs 31 woman and make enough money to support her family. Because after all God owns everything.

Once, just once, I'd like Lori or one of her fangirls to give a real, specific, concrete, **not MLM**, example of a job a woman can do from home that pays enough to support a family.  And obviously this would have to be a part time job as Lori and the Fangirls advocate homeschooling.

Lori knows that job doesn't exist, and so do the Fangirls. Because if it did the fangirls would be working it, not scraping by, barely making it, living on one income. Even though as I've said before the Always Working husbands tend to have 2 jobs and something part-time on the weekends.

Leaving with this thought, Something I've noticed that seems odd to me:
Lori's fangirls usually refer to their husbands doing hard physical labor many hours a day/week to support the families.  I cannot recall anyone ever referring to a husband doing an office job.  Are we to assume then that the whole patriarchy/ SAHM fundie movement is primarily composed blue collar people (for lack of a better term)?

28 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori's fangirls usually refer to their husbands doing hard physical labor many hours a day/week to support the families.  I cannot recall anyone ever referring to a husband doing an office job.  Are we to assume then that the whole patriarchy/ SAHM fundie movement is primarily composed blue collar people (for lack of a better term)?

I think a certain subset certainly is, but by no means are all of them. From my time in fundy-dom, I know quite a few who are in white collar fields, one a chiropractor (because of course), several in the IT industry, a few in medical management/consultant-type fields (sort of Ken-like jobs). The blue collar ones are the ones commenting on Lori's disaster of a blog for the same reason blue collar people tend to drool all over a certain Porcine Peach: because she sells a certain lifestyle brand they wish they could have (just like he is a poor man's idea of wealth and class).

Those who actually do have money and education wouldn't be caught dead within a mile of Lori's hot mess of a blog, but that doesn't mean they're any better than any other fundy, not by a long stretch. They just have a reputation to uphold.

This is the saddest comment ever. A disabled woman responding to the "doing Jesus's laundry" post on the Facebook page: 

I needed this. This sock thing is an issue. Hubby just leaves them on the floor for me to pick up. It makes me mad because I'm pretty much disabled. If I say something he just says something about giving me something to do. Sometimes when I'm feeling sassy I leave them for a few days. He doesn't care. He's a very patient man. lol I will pick them up but boy have I resented it. He had a heart scare a few months ago. I remember saying that if he was ok I would do better to be kind and patient. I needed this reminder. This really pertains to so much more than just socks on the floor.
I'm going to change my attitude. Ladies, you're never to old to learn something new or work on that attitude. It's a daily struggle for me but I'm still trying. He must love me. He's been here for forty years.

What a fucking thoughtless idiot she is married to--purposely making more work for your disabled spouse. And then she is all thankful that he stuck around to make her continue to pick up after him. Someone needs to slap some sense into both of them. But, of course, Lori's readers are here to enable the whole dysfunctional mess with responses like this: 

The Lord rewards the smallest of acts that we do to the least of these. If your husband leaves many socks on the floor, and you pick them up lovingly, as unto the Lord, just think of all the rewards that you will be accumulating. Rack ' em up!

The whole exchange makes me ill. 

And grateful that I am married to a considerate person who doesn't think leaving messes around for me to pick up is cute. 

Lori:

After all He owns everything!

Yep!  And since he "owns everything", maybe Lori should stop hogging all of God's money so that the single mom she's talking to can stay home!

Step 1: Lori can move to a much smaller house (no ocean view).

Step 2: No more spending God's money on expensive beauty products, clothes, and vacations. God wants mothers at home, and Lori shouldn't spend any of God's money on luxuries for herself, until ALL mothers have that option.

Step 3: Write checks to all of the women she's told to stay home.  After all, God owns everything!  It isn't her money anyway.  

Sound like a plan?

What a shame that Lori's methods are mostly limited to quoting the same dozen or so verses and slamming those who don't live as she does. She could do - and be - so much more.

Lori has a blog, a FB page, a brand, and a following. She has an established online presence. She could be using that for the betterment and uplifting of women who live or who want to live like her - at home and submitting. She could equip them as they begin this lifestyle. She could foster discussion about that lifestyle and how to thrive within it. And she could give those women a legitimate voice for the choices that they have made.

Instead, she berates and shames those who aren't already doing it.

It's easy to tear down others while your fans cheer you on. It's hard to build up others, and to have an intelligent discussion with those who disagree.

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

4 hours ago, polecat said:

I think a certain subset certainly is, but by no means are all of them. From my time in fundy-dom, I know quite a few who are in white collar fields, one a chiropractor (because of course), several in the IT industry, a few in medical management/consultant-type fields (sort of Ken-like jobs). The blue collar ones are the ones commenting on Lori's disaster of a blog for the same reason blue collar people tend to drool all over a certain Porcine Peach: because she sells a certain lifestyle brand they wish they could have (just like he is a poor man's idea of wealth and class).

Those who actually do have money and education wouldn't be caught dead within a mile of Lori's hot mess of a blog, but that doesn't mean they're any better than any other fundy, not by a long stretch. They just have a reputation to uphold.

I noticed that back on her first blog. The comments were usually woman talking about their husbands working very physical jobs. I remember one woman talked about her husband being a cop. On Facebook, the comments again are usually from women with blue collar husbands. I saw several posts last summer where the fangirls kept talking about how their husbands worked two jobs.

I know some fundie lite types who also have white collar jobs. A fundie lite family that lived in my childhood neighborhood were white collar. The husband had worked as IT tech for businesses and later opened his computer repair business.  There was a guy who worked in accounting at the same company that my father worked at. That guy got more fundie over the years. He eventually pulled his kids from school and had the wife homeschooled them. I have two fundie lite cousins who work as accountants and their younger brother is currently in law school. 

I have noticed that Lori doesn't seem to know a whole lot about occupational trades and blue collar careers. She once posted about how "there should be schools for plumbers, carpenters, and electricians". It is like she doesn't know that trade schools exist. I doubt she knows that some blue collar jobs don't pay that well and she probably doesn't give a shit about the risks in those careers. Lori's son-in-law Jon works in construction, but I doubt that Lori ever pays attention to whatever he says about his job.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived