IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

17 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Yeah, we get to choose what we spend money on. Or don't spend. Some of us have fluctuations in weight & have to have different sizes for that. Or go from casual job to more serious one (yippie!) with formal dress requirements. Are we supposed to throw out the clothes? 

I've also lived through the embarrassment of having a supervisor say I need to upgrade my wardrobe. Not fun.

I just read some of the last posts in the previous Lori thread regarding Lori and no buying clothes challenge. I also thought of things like weight fluctuation or weight loss and job changes which would make someone have to buy clothes. My friend's 20 year old daughter hates dressing up and isn't into buying clothes all the time. This past fall a bank branch near her apartment complex was hiring for part time tellers. The hourly pay was slightly better than her part time sandwich shop job at her college. She applied and got a job. She was calling my friend asking for advice on what to buy.

I suspect that Lori promoting the no buying clothes/minimalism challenge is an attempt to win points with some of her fangirls whose household incomes are lower than hers.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, onemama said:

I guess she couldn't help this:

1. Not everyone can have a few bites of cake and walk away from the rest of the slice. 

2. Cut up veggies won't do the job for everyone. 

3. Not everyone can. 

Again, Lori shows her lack of knowledge and compassion.  She has no idea what sorts of illnesses some "fat" people are dealing with. Some people's genetics are their worst enemy.

So much this - Seroquel and other meds are a bitch. But go ahead and judge me Lori, because obviously I do nothing but stuff my face with junk.

(I adore chocolate but am just as big a fan of homemade pickles and roasted vegetables, especially carrots. And my job means that I'm a bit more active than I used to be. But my meds have slowed my metabolism down that if I don't gain weight, I don't lose any either. Not that Lori would get this.)

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

"Legitimate poverty."  My rolling eyeballs are starting to hurt.

And hey, if you HAVE to go into LEGITIMATE POVERTY to stay at home, just suffer. Your kids will suffer too, but that's okay, Paul Lori said so.*

*while sitting in front of her computer in her nice home with its new, albeit unvacuumed carpet and re-upholstered-for-$1500 sofa and $70 denim skirt hanging in the closet and old gold Mercedes in the driveway and $40 bottle of honey in the pantry...

I am in so much mental pain trying to think as she does while picturing her swanky, potato-filled lifestyle. And where did she get 'legitimate' poverty from? Could it be that there are classes of homelessness/poverty that need to be adhered to and only the neat, clean and poor get assistance? :(

1 hour ago, purjolok84 said:

I am in so much mental pain trying to think as she does while picturing her swanky, potato-filled lifestyle. And where did she get 'legitimate' poverty from? Could it be that there are classes of homelessness/poverty that need to be adhered to and only the neat, clean and poor get assistance? :(

Well, there's absolute poverty and relative poverty. But something tells me that Lori doesn't actually know anything about it and she's just shooting her mouth off like a US Congressperson. 

Ok ladies, stop being so loud and having fb affairs. Lori knows you are.  She also says you are being rebellious, so stop it and submit, RIGHT NOW.

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

But she does say they all flirt shamelessly and have FB affairs.

Just like Lori! 

Sometimes I feel like Lori is just trolling us. 

Many women today are loud and stubborn, exactly the opposite of what God wants us to be. She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house (Proverbs 7:11).

So women are stubborn and can't mind their own business? That sounds exactly like someone we all know! 

Elliot’s Commentary on this verse: “Here the wise man draws her character. She is clamorous and obstinate, or refractory. She is full of talk, self-willed, disobedient to her husband, rebellious against God, and incorrigible by any admonitions of ministers or friends. Her feet abide not in her house — She minds not her business, which lies in her own house, but gives herself wholly up to idleness and pleasure, which she seeks in gadding abroad, and in changing her place and company.”

Good Lord, it's like Elliot knows her, too. Even Ken said she was "disobedient," and I'd call sitting on the delete button all day long pretty idle. 

Unfortunately, many men are married to women like this definition of loud and stubborn women. Married women today have no problem flirting with other men. They find old boyfriends on Facebook and begin an emotional affair that can easily turn into something more sordid without any thought for their husband and children.

It only counts if you're flirting with old boyfriends. If you're meeting random men on Facebook who tell you how much more beautiful and lovable you are compared to their wives, it is TOTES OKAY! FLIRT AWAY, LADIES!

They have no wisdom. They are “ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth” (2 Timothy 3:7)

Oh, god, my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

“And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not” (1 Timothy 5:13.

Somebody help me!

Obstinate means “stubborn; pertinaciously adhering to an opinion or purpose; fixed  firmly in resolution; not yielding to reason, arguments or other means.” An obstinate woman doesn’t have a teachable heart. 

Seriously, this woman has to be trolling. She cannot possibly be this obliviously stupid.

They refuse to listen or submit to their husbands and continually make life miserable for everyone in their family. It’s tragic and ugly.

Yes, it IS, isn't it, LORI.

Incorrigible means “cannot be corrected or amended; bad beyond correction; too depraved to be corrected or reformed.” It’s almost as if they have been given over to reprobate minds (a person abandoned to sin; one lost to virtue and religion – Romans 1:28) because they continually practice sin. They refuse to take any rebuke, exhortation, or advice. They have become their own god and falsely believe that what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right.

And that pretty much sums up her whole damn blog. 

This BS just takes the whole darn cake today. She is so willfully blind and wicked.

WRT Lori's various posts about the "American Dream"...looking at it from the "40 acres and a mule" standpoint, isn't that exactly what she and Ken achieved?  The house, the car, the perfect set of children, with the perfect income.  After typing that sentence I went that wasted all my precious baby raising, house cleaning time to Google it.  

In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.

I guess you could say Ken achieved it, he's educated and makes a good living based on his knowledge, not from being a trust fund baby.  Lori remains his gold-digging mooch...  I guess women aren't supposed to acknowledge any ability or achievement that doesn't include snaring a husband and raising a passel of children alone.  Maybe it's my heathen, stubborn woman mind, but I'm still kind of thrown off on why would God give me abilities that are useful beyond the doorstep if I'm not supposed to USE them anywhere else.... It's almost as if I'd be denying my God given abilities and saying God doesn't know what's good for me.... 

I'd really need her to explain why it's evil to want a world where there are opportunities set up for everyone who is willing to put in the effort to achieve something good for themselves and/or their family. 

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Well, there's absolute poverty and relative poverty. But something tells me that Lori doesn't actually know anything about it and she's just shooting her mouth off like a US Congressperson. 

She doesn't know jack shit about poverty. Over the years she has posted tons of things that show how out of touch she is with many people.

1 minute ago, lilwriter85 said:

She doesn't know jack shit about poverty. Over the years she has posted tons of things that show how out of touch she is with many people.

I wonder how she would have reacted to our living in an SUV? Or pawning just about anything to be able to buy gas, Or living in an "oversized closet" of a 1 bedroom apartment...or rolling out of bed at the asscrack of dawn to take hub to work so I could get to work too, or rolling change to buy groceries...

Lori doesn't know shit about shit

@feministxtian  Ya'll just weren't praying hard enough and you weren't "biblically chastening" your husband enough.  You should have cleaned that SUV till it shone with your fancy cleaning cloths, all the while passive aggressively telling your husband that he wasn't providing in a Godly manner.  

I don't typically wish ill on folks, but I can't say I wouldn't laugh a bit if there was a repair they couldn't afford or her power happened to get cut off :my_dodgy: 

So  Christ is within me therefore I only need a couple of bites of that chocolate cake? I immediately had a picture of Jesus saying, "Go for it, and save some for me."

I know I have to keep Oreos and HoHos out of my house completely, because there is no such thing as "moderation" as far as they're concerned.

37 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@feministxtian  Ya'll just weren't praying hard enough and you weren't "biblically chastening" your husband enough.  You should have cleaned that SUV till it shone with your fancy cleaning cloths, all the while passive aggressively telling your husband that he wasn't providing in a Godly manner.  

I don't typically wish ill on folks, but I can't say I wouldn't laugh a bit if there was a repair they couldn't afford or her power happened to get cut off :my_dodgy: 

yup! Maybe I should have forced his diabetic, pancreas-less ass out there to get a job to support me in the manner to which I'd like to become accustomed! However, in many ways, we were provided for...friends that helped, let us crash on a couch, take a shower, fed us, brought us cat food and litter. Yeah, it was about 6 weeks of utter suckage. He managed to get a bed in a shelter but since I had the critters, it was the truck for me. We discovered the veteran's programs that got us back in a house, got our utilities turned on, filled the pantry. So now that we're definitely coming back up in the world, we feel that we should pass it all on. Lori would never get that...but...I can tell you that we've been able to help quite a few people, especially vets get back on their feet. 

@feministxtian   Lori would never understand such a life, she'd bitch and cry and probably make her kids deal with it all while she laid around their house "resting her neck".  And she certainly wouldn't understand the concept of paying it forward once things began to pick up!

@smittykins  I'm so happy you mentioned Oreos....I forgot I had a pack in my desk drawer!! 

Just now, Imrlgoddess said:

@feministxtian   Lori would never understand such a life, she'd bitch and cry and probably make her kids deal with it all while she laid around their house "resting her neck".  And she certainly wouldn't understand the concept of paying it forward once things began to pick up!

I think that would be exactly Lori's plan.  She has a list of people she'd ask to take care of her before she ever dreamed of taking care of herself.  She has said she has: Ken, her dad, her church, her children, and if all else fails, the government.  These are seriously people that she has mentioned having take care of her.  She just wants to make sure that she doesn't have to do anything.  At all.  Because Jesus.

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

She can't even write a post about living on one income- she outsources it.  

Where does she live? California?

Her ridiculous thought line of "wives who don't stay home, work because they want material things". Does she really not understand that some people HAVE TO work? Not because they want shit, but because they otherwise could not afford to feed kids. She lives in this crystal bubble that needs to be shattered. I have a few friends who would LOVE to stay home, but literally cannot. And they live extremely modest. Another friend who's husband left her. Child support LITERALLY only covers bills--she has to work for food/gas/child expenses. There is no other way. And she lives in a tiny 2 bed apartment with multiple kids. She legally cannot get any smaller of a place. I know this factually because I've written out her budget to find every place we can cut. We can't. 

Lori's comments really hurt my heart. 

On April 17, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Koala said:

Black salve, take two.

Lori:

Reader:

:bangheaddesk:

I have had far to many patients who have used black salve for moles, wounds, etc that ended up having to have  surgery and a PICC line inserted for IV abx.  (One patient was with us for 4 weeks).  Cellulitis can be very painful and can be deadly.  

If those morons really think that this honey is going to cure staph (MRSA or not), I see a hospital visit in their future to treat cellulitis or worse, sepsis.  

On 4/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, Koala said:

Black salve, take two.

So when I had a nasal abscess that turned out to be infected with MRSA a few years ago, I should have just taken a teaspoon of this stuff and/or dabbed it up my nose instead of going to the hospital and having the abscess drained.  Just think, I could have saved myself several hundred dollars (thank you, insurance, for it not being several thousand dollars)! Yeah, sure. I could also have ended up dead from that infection possibly going into my brain.  

Lori's "advice" is downright dangerous.

Quote from the loud women post:

From the 1828 Webster Dictionary, clamorous means “speaking and repeating loud words; noisy; turbulent.” I’m sure most of you remember the images from the Women’s March the day after President Trump’s inauguration. Yes, those women fit the definition of clamorous to a tee.

Let's not forget the socially-active women that got Lori the right to vote.

Even if Ken tells Lori who must get her vote, the fact that she can vote is because of women who went out and marched... and more.

My great-greatgrandmother used honey to treat infections, sore throats, and coughs. This was way before antibiotics and other medical treatments became available. When I'm sick, I go to the doctor. I don't do home remedies.

3 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

My great-greatgrandmother used honey to treat infections, sore throats, and coughs. This was way before antibiotics and other medical treatments became available. When I'm sick, I go to the doctor. I don't do home remedies.

I once used peppermint candy for indigestion while camping, and it worked amazingly well. That's the extent of my olde tyme remedy experience.

I'm sure Lori (and some right wing US congresspeople) would be in agreement that the only proper family is the 'one man, one woman, in a legally binding marriage, with children as the Lord God (the non-smelly Christian one) can provide).

And I'm sure they are still living in the lovely halcyon days of one job, one paycheck (earned by the man) covering all expenses, while the wifey stays at home. Because this is, for a majority of families, an impossibility, a large family as defined above, living on one paycheck in today's age may be living in some kind of poverty.

To Lori and other idiots, because of reasons, their poverty is somehow legitimate. Or at least more so that if, for example, my partner and I were considered. Or my single aunt. Or my unmarried friend with one child.

If Lori was in that situation, lived in my country and had to deal with my government services they would tell her point blank to get a job - no legitimate poverty for her because religious Christian women belong in the home!

24 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

My grandma told me to put a few drops of kerosene on a spoonful of brown sugar for a sore throat. Yeah, no....

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived