IGNORED

Seewalds 21: Walking Around Waco

choralcrusader8613

6 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I noticed the Bumbo was blue. It looks pretty well worn, too. Made me wonder in passing: If Jessa has a girl, will they have to buy a PINK bumbo, or will the old blue used one do?

she is always saying she buys things second hand .  perhaps she saw it and bought it at good will

does it matter if it is well worn? serious question - i assume it would because everything needs to be replaced....

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I cannae promise what I will do when I see him at Comic Con this year..... :my_heart:

Aye sassenach

19 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

like 95% of them only going to Christian schools and legitimately crying when one girl told us how her friend is a Jew and doesn't believe that Jesus is her savior (don't know if she knew anything about Judaism...).

LMAO! This reminds me of when my parents told us as kids that some Jewish kids we used to play with were going to hell. I remember feeling kind of sad and morbid every time I was around them, and having a hard time enjoying myself. 

Contributing to thread drift, but I found my FB post from right after I sat through Natural Family Planning class before I got married. Enjoy. 

I sat through two hours of Catholic sponsored natural family
planning. I took notes so I could make this post. These are word for word.

There was a series of photos teaching how to test and feel
your cervical mucus. No amount of eye bleach will ever wash that away for me.

Pills and birth control are the sole contributor of
increasing divorce rates. People who practice NFP have a less than .03% of
getting divorced.

It’s biologically impossible to get pregnant outside of a 10
hour period each month.

Once you ovulate, you have zero chance of getting pregnant.

Having sex during your period gives you endometriosis. But
you can’t get pregnant on your period.

Doctors only give out the pill for cramps because they don’t
know what else to do.

Your husband will feel more like a man if you let him chart
your menstrual cycle, and you will feel like a queen. It’s a MAN’S
responsibility to help the woman control her cycle. She won’t remember if you
don’t do it for her!

“NFP was very effective for me! I only had one surprise
pregnancy!”

“NFP takes away the strings and pressures of sex in a
marriage.” (Melissa’s thought: if you think sex comes with strings and
pressure, you married an asshole)

“Since we use NFP, our daughter gets two birthday parties!
We celebrate her conception date!”

“The pill is abortive. It keeps live babies from being able
to attach to mommy’s uterus.”

17 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

OMG.   Not enough bleach.  Poor girl!

32 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So you celebrate that time that you had sex? That's weird. :puke-front:

1 hour ago, nst said:

she is always saying she buys things second hand .  perhaps she saw it and bought it at good will

does it matter if it is well worn? serious question - i assume it would because everything needs to be replaced....

Maybe not worn out, but rubbed and obviously not new. I wondered if a girl child would have to sit in a pink seat is all.

35 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Actually, you can conceive several days after sex. Those semen bits can lay in waiting in the lining of the cervix for an unsuspecting egg to make her way down the tubes and then jump her. If the egg does not appear within two or three days, they will die of loneliness. At least that is what I remember from my nfp days.

@Mela99 what were the qualifications of the speaker? The number of incorrect or utterly false statements is astounding! This stands out

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Having sex during your period gives you endometriosis. But
you can’t get pregnant on your period.

Translated it meant: since we find it squicky, people shouldn't have sex during periods, let's fabricate some bs to justify it.

@laPapessaGiovanna I can't remember who she was specifically -- a member of the Diocese. Not a nurse or medical professional but called herself a "Natural Family Planning Practitioner"  They had a really ridiculous video of "enthusiastic practitioners" of people in the area....

35 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The first anniversary of the ovulation of the egg that became our 4 month old daughter was earlier this week. We didn't celebrate. Does this mean we're horrible, no good parents who are obviously going to Hell? And are we terrible people for not bowing out heads in silent remembrance for the countless sperm that sacrificed themselves in the attempt to knock me up? Because every sperm is sacred? Or something? :pb_lol:

---------

@Mela99That was phenomenal. I think you should get a prize or something for not laughing hysterically through it all. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The first anniversary of the ovulation of the egg that became our 4 month old daughter was earlier this week. We didn't celebrate. Does this mean we're horrible, no good parents who are obviously going to Hell? And are we terrible people for not bowing out heads in silent remembrance for the countless sperm that sacrificed themselves in the attempt to knock me up? Because every sperm is sacred? Or something? :pb_lol:

---------

@Mela99That was phenomenal. I think you should get a prize or something for not laughing hysterically through it all. :pb_lol:

The really funny part is that the NFP class also included an ice cream party, at the deacon's suggestion. Translation: this is gonna suck but hey, free ice cream!

I loaded up my bowl with hot fudge and peanut butter sauce. I think the inability to open my mouth was the only thing keeping me from yelling "BULLSHIT!!" after every sentence. I drank half a bottle of wine after I got home ... Then furiously texted DH (on a business trip in Boston at the time. Lucky bastard) that he owed me for making me go alone. 

Even better: at the end of the class, the 'practitioner' asked if anyone wanted to sign up for further classes. 

Dead. Silence. 

@VelociRapture There is still time to save your souls! Have a belated conception day party, invite tons of people to discuss your sex life and have cake! I'm sure god will forgive you ;) 

(Picture of a cake that will totally ensure god's forgiveness of your most grievous oversight) 

IMG_2977.JPG

6 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

@VelociRapture There is still time to save your souls! Have a belated conception day party, invite tons of people to discuss your sex life and have cake! I'm sure god will forgive you ;) 

(Picture of a cake that will totally ensure god's forgiveness of your most grievous oversight) 

IMG_2977.JPG

There is now a half chewed skittle stuck onto my coffee table because of you, it flew out of my mouth after choking on it. 

Sacred heart of merciful jesus! Imagine someone turning up to a party with that! :o 

5 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

IMG_2977.JPG

That is one of the most phenomenally awkward looking desserts I've ever seen. Like, to the point where it's almost uncomfortable to look at too long...

... and yes. For anyone curious, I'd still eat it. Because cake is life. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Your husband will feel more like a man if you let him chart
your menstrual cycle, and you will feel like a queen. It’s a MAN’S
responsibility to help the woman control her cycle. She won’t remember if you
don’t do it for her!

With rhetoric like this, I feel like these people could have a bright future in politics.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Maybe not worn out, but rubbed and obviously not new. I wondered if a girl child would have to sit in a pink seat is all.

My guess is that a girl child would have to sit in a pink seat, as they would consider the blue seat to be as bad as having a girl wear pants.

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

@Mela99 what were the qualifications of the speaker? The number of incorrect or utterly false statements is astounding! This stands out

Translated it meant: since we find it squicky, people shouldn't have sex during periods, let's fabricate some bs to justify it.

That endo lie really pissed me off. 

14 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

That endo lie really pissed me off. 

Me too. There are plenty of young women who are virgins who have endometriosis. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

---------

Of course! At least according to Monty Python ;-) I only remembered the chorus, but it all actually kind of (rather distantly) relates to the religion discussion

I remember very little about my Pre-Cana but I do remember the part about NFP. The session was with a couple from the church and just my husband and I were there to do the whole Pre-Cana in one day. 

When we started talking about NFP they gave us some handouts on it and the wife described how NFP was different from the rhythm method. She made some comments about how she and her family have always been in favor of natural planning and she was raised to understand how it could help. Her husband made a snarky comment to the effect of "yeah that's why you only have six brothers and sisters." She gave him a look like shooting daggers out of her eyes. 

It is literally the only thing about the whole day that sticks out to my non-Catholic husband.  

jessa posted a video of that picture of Henry in that thing he sat in and said - very first time sitting in bugbo. 

guess she reads here 

Thank GOD I never fell for that NFP shit when I was a practicing Catholic. No dude...me and my little pink pills were buddies! Then I got fixed at 27 (took the crib, left the playpen)...

I have many disagreements with the RCC...some theological, some cultural...I told what happened when I called the priest for my mother's funeral...Jesus God...the woman had been basically housebound for close to 7 years, no wonder she never went to Mass! Fortunately, the more "liberal" priest there agreed to do mom's funeral and our minister did the graveside service. 

The church we belong to now, we feel like we fit...we like it. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's ours. 

I never did pre cana.   We only agreed to be married by a priest because my mother insisted.    The priest said we had to do the classes and I said nope, we can get married by a Judge.   The preist married us.

Henry looks like an old man haha. I know it's just that weird baby stage he's in, but every time they post a pic I'm like "whose small and stern grandpa is this?" I can't wait to see what he'll look like in a few months. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived