IGNORED

JinJer: Return of the "Crotch V" (Yes, PANTS!)

Destiny

You guys are much more observant than I am. :D

Anyway, she looks happy and certainly not visibly pregnant. Jeremy also looks much better with the beard back.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was literally logging back on to share the latest Jinger in pants pic, and nope, old news by now haha. 
She does look happy, so yay :]

16 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

On another topic: Here's a sermon preached at Jeremy's church (GCC) about the role of a wife. Now I know that Jeremy himself did not preach, but he approved and is overseeing this church. 

1. He talks a lot about submission of the wife. How she should submit to her husband like she submits to God. (he goes on with this for a long time) He speaks of daily submission, respecting husband in all, submitting even if the husband is 'ungodly', disrespectful or stubborn. He says "don't find reasons to disobey your husband". The only time not to follow your husband is if he asks you to sin (still you must be respectful) 

2. A wife's "chief good work" is to bear children for her husband. She should not be working outside the home. Her joy and main purpose should be to bear children and raise them up in a godly manner. Wanting to work outside the home for whatever reason is temptation. 

3. Feminism is an evil movement encouraging women to lead lives against God's will. He blabs about abortion for a while. 

(Snipped)

To this horrid speech, I would like to say how happy I am to have gotten my new shirt (proceeds went to Planned Parenthood and Cyndi Lauper's foundation.

20170418_161936.jpg

I'm really really glad she isn't visibly pregnant. 5 months in and no baby. I'm proud of her. Also,  agreed about Jeremy's beard.  They're cute together.  

But I guess the same ol' question remains (one that I doubt we'd get an answer to): Is she not pregnant because they are preventing, or due to some sort of infertility issue?

2 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

But I guess the same ol' question remains (one that I doubt we'd get an answer to): Is she not pregnant because they are preventing, or due to some sort of infertility issue?

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? We'd all LOVE to know. IMO, I think they are low-key preventing because every time she's been asked about pregnancy, she looks so uncomfortable and then has him answer (at least that I have seen).

28 minutes ago, Galbin said:

What's wrong with her hair? It's not perfectly straight, but besides that it looks grand to me. What am I missing?

It's really damaged. The ends are all ratty and uneven, and there's a big difference between her hair at the ends vs. her shoulders. Her hair is a lot like mine, in that it is fine and naturally curly. Naturally curly hair is more susceptible to heat damage than straight hair, and fine hair more than thick. Jinger blow dries and flatirons her hair pretty regularly, which will cause a lot of damage over time. Having been there and done that, I recognize the look. Using high quality (read: expensive!) hair products, good driers/irons, and correct straightening techniques can help with heat damage to some extent, but I have mostly accepted that I can either have long hair or straight hair, but not both. 

I also think that a short or medium-length cut would be way more flattering to her face shape. An asymmetric bob would look cute both straight and curly. 

ETA: I recognize that this is veering into BEC-land, but seriously. It would also be hilarious to see JB and M's reaction to her rolling up to the house with pants AND shorter hair. 

So far, she has ditched JimBob's rules on skirts and is wearing pants and shorts.  Obviously when he said the girls chose to dress in droopy skirts and cardigans, he was lying.   We have seen her with unpermed and uncurled hair,  also a JimBob no no.   She has been seen in closed toe shoes and sneakers, covering up those bare feet that seemed to be required at the TTH.   I don't know if these rules were her parents or part of Gothard 's kink, but she has turned her back on it really fast.

Jinger looks  great in her new clothes.   She is developing her own style.  Probably for the first time in her life she has things to wear  that she selected without thinking of the family closet.

Her hair is okay, again, she is probably enjoying the option to let it be without the infantilizing curls previously required.

I think a small part of Jinger's hair issue is that she hasn't had someone trained in cutting curly hair cut it. One of her sisters has probably done it her whole life which makes the ends even more uneven. No, it's not in the best condition either way, but a good stylist who works with curly hair often would fix her right up. 

There's another positive of moving out of the TTH; you need an actual hairdresser because your sisters are far away. (Unless she waits to cut until visiting which I wouldn't put passed them)

So, are these the same pair of pants???? These look like they could be navy blue. The others were a khaki kind of green.

This is so important. One pair or two.....or maybe more. Maybe there was a sale. 

As a NJ native living on the west coast, I miss bagels so much. Especially since I haven't been able to eat bread for a week.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"We began to feel and act more feminine, prettier, and even more submissive to the head of our home, my husband and the childrens daddy. I always knew that my husband enjoyed seeing me in a dress every Sunday, but it never occurred to me to wear a dress all the time as a blessing to him."

This is why I usually wear a dress to preach: to disrupt the association of "feminine" with "submissive."

(Not that pants can't be feminine, obvi.)

She's been married for five months. It's too early to speculate about why she's not visibly pregnant yet. She could be actively trying to get pregnant and not be succeeding for no reason other than chance at this point. 

Anytime we visit my daughter in the SF Bay area, we bring bagels, and whenever she is home she fills a bag with them to bring back for her other East Coast transplant friends.  

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She's been married for five months. It's too early to speculate about why she's not visibly pregnant yet. She could be actively trying to get pregnant and not be succeeding for no reason other than chance at this point. 

And of course she could even be pregnant and just not showing at all. That happens. Either way, I find myself not caring.

4 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

And of course she could even be pregnant and just not showing at all. That happens. Either way, I find myself not caring.

Yep. She could be pregnant and not showing. She could be using birth control. She could be using NFP. They could be abstaining. She could have had a miscarriage (or more than one). She could be desperately trying to get pregnant. She could just really be 'letting God decide'. There's absolutely no way of knowing unless they say something, and just the circumstance of her not being visibly pregnant five months after getting married doesn't point to any of those options as more or less likely.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yep. She could be pregnant and not showing. She could be using birth control. She could be using NFP. They could be abstaining. She could have had a miscarriage (or more than one). She could be desperately trying to get pregnant. She could just really be 'letting God decide'. There's absolutely no way of knowing unless they say something, and just the circumstance of her not being visibly pregnant five months after getting married doesn't point to any of those options as more or less likely.

You said it all! But people will still discuss each of these options. Sigh. Only 1000 more Duggar daughters to go.

28 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yes yes yes.  Preach. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Anytime we visit my daughter in the SF Bay area, we bring bagels, and whenever she is home she fills a bag with them to bring back for her other East Coast transplant friends.  

Wait...why are there no bagels out west??? Our shop gets them from a little Jewish bakery, so good! 

6 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Wait...why are there no bagels out west??? Our shop gets them from a little Jewish bakery, so good! 

Bagels are just one of those things for a lot of us East Coasters. They just don't taste the same if they aren't from back home.

(I'm sure the west coast has great bagels too. :) )

Montreal also has amazing bagels. Like out of this world good.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Bagels are just one of those things for a lot of us East Coasters. They just don't taste the same if they aren't from back home.

(I'm sure the west coast has great bagels too. :) )

I'm from the West Coast and now that I live in New York, I know the bagels on the West Coast are not the same thing at all.  Most of them are fluffy and soft, not chewy and dense.  Maybe it's better now than it used to be, but before I moved here 6 years ago, I would never have believed that the best way to eat a bagel is untoasted. 

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Montreal also has amazing bagels. Like out of this world good.

God yes! I'm drooling! 

Everyone in New York has an strong opinion on what makes a bagel great.  Our favorite bagel store was featured on Americas Test Kitchen. It is called Bagel Hole and they do everything the old fashioned way.

They will not toast a bagel, they feel that their fresh warm bagels need no improvement.

There are decent bagels in the San Francisco area, but not amazing ones.

I have a question about Montreal style bagels, is it true that you don't slice then to put cream cheese or butter inside and just put it on the outside?

Oh god y'all...I NEED a bagel...with some shmear...there's a place here called Einstein's Bagels...pretty damn good. 

Now...if only I could find the good pickles...you know, the ones in the barrel...in the deli, where the eau de garlic could curl your nose hairs and clear your sinuses. You know the place, with the salami hung up, the Italian Water Ices in the summers...

Dammit...I might need to make a trip to Philly...

For clarification: I was born in Philly...my grandmother used to go to the Italian Deli on the corner, Papa Angelo's to get cold cuts and Liverwurst for her dog. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived