IGNORED

Breeding Like Bunnies: Upcoming Babies 7

Bethella

Rebecca Loomis had her third, Hosea on June 7th at home...I am surprised with all of her medical issues with pregnancy and early labor that she chooses to risk that but I suppose it is Jesus and all of that.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

Rebecca Loomis had her third, Hosea on June 7th at home...I am surprised with all of her medical issues with pregnancy and early labor that she chooses to risk that but I suppose it is Jesus and all of that.

I am surprised at the home birth, too. And Hosea... what a name. :BLAZER:

31 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

I am surprised at the home birth, too. And Hosea... what a name. :BLAZER:

Say Hosea Loomis out loud. It really doesn't sound very good. 

27 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Is Hosea a girl or a boy?

I'm sure it's a boy, as Hosea in the Bible was. It's an interesting choice for a lot of reasons. Here's the wiki entry on the Biblical prophet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosea

On June 5, 2017 at 11:20 PM, Hortense Peyrac said:

"El" meaning God, it's a good theme for them: ELeazar, NathaniEL, ELijah, JoEL, ...

Belgium queen Mathilde et king Philippe chose the same theme for their children: ELisabeth, GabriEL, EmmanuEL, ELeonore... I  always found this so cute..

That's fascinating.

(I already wrote this post, but it vanished, so if there are duplicates, I apologize.)

I agree with @anjulibai and @Sister Mozz The -el theme is a good one. I looked up Old Testament -el endings, and these are the most familiar to me, in no particular order:
Israel Samuel Nathaniel Joel Ezekiel Gabriel Raphael Ishmael Daniel Michael Abel. For girls, Rachel and Bethel 

If it doesn't have to be an -el ending, Eli, Elijah, Selah, Delilah, and Elisha.

New Testament includes Emmanuel and Elizabeth.

There are thousands of non-biblical choices. "el" is a pretty common letter sequence. 

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Say Hosea Loomis out loud. It really doesn't sound very good. 

HoLo, if he escapes and becomes a rapper in 2034.....

I'm glad they're okay. Recall that Grandma Jo Loomis (JoLo?) is a doctor-level nurse-practitioner, specializing IIRC in ob/gyn or neo-natal. So there's that.

I do have a Q about little HoLoo ... found Rebecca's public Instagram and I can't make out what's there. Is that Ho's great toe, at the top? It looks long enough to be a thumb but I don't see a hand.... it's like the first time I looked at abstract art, only this time I was turning the phone around rather than standing on my head to try to figure out what I was looking at....

[mention=11475]MamaJunebug[/mention]: it's a thumb. His hand is curled around his mom's (?) index finger

Thank you for this. Somehow, that thumb looks more like a prehensile toe to me.

Nonetheless, glad he's safely born and that all are well.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Thank you for this. Somehow, that thumb looks more like a prehensile toe to me.

Nonetheless, glad he's safely born and that all are well.

That's what I kept thinking!!! Also that little bit needs a mani or pedi already - ooh, that schmutzy nail! LOL

Ah, babies. I love 'em.

Amanda Dixon had her baby Chloe on June 19th. She apparently had a long labor, but her baby seems healthy. 

Bonnie posted one of those 24-hour Instagram videos explaining why they waited so long to reveal she was going to have another baby. I missed the video, but I got the gist of it from the comments.  It looks like her extended family and some friends reacted so negatively when she announced she was pregnant with Thomas, that this time they just decided to wait to say anything until there was an actual baby in the picture.

1 hour ago, GeoBQn said:

Bonnie posted one of those 24-hour Instagram videos explaining why they waited so long to reveal she was going to have another baby. I missed the video, but I got the gist of it from the comments.  It looks like her extended family and some friends reacted so negatively when she announced she was pregnant with Thomas, that this time they just decided to wait to say anything until there was an actual baby in the picture.

I can easily see most families reacting negatively to an announcement like that. It's pretty obvious to everyone except Bonnie and her husband that another baby is the last thing they need on their plate. 

If I was her relative and she announced it to me, I fully admit that I wouldn't react happily. I just can't fake that kind of thing. I wouldn't be mean or nasty. I just couldn't pretend to be happy about it when all I would be doing is worrying about the whole situation. 

Good Lord. I mean, I knew it was only a matter of time, but still, it's so depressing. Her one child has been diagnosed with special needs and her other daughter just had serious heart surgery. This is obviously the last thing they need. 

The thing is, I think Bonnie knows it's the last thing they need. She might even say that. She doesn't celebrate her fertility. She's made it clear she resents that she is so fertile. She just thinks it's what she "has to do" to please God.  

22 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Good Lord. I mean, I knew it was only a matter of time, but still, it's so depressing. Her one child has been diagnosed with special needs and her other daughter just had serious heart surgery. This is obviously the last thing they need. 

The thing is, I think Bonnie knows it's the last thing they need. She might even say that. She doesn't celebrate her fertility. She's made it clear she resents that she is so fertile. She just thinks it's what she "has to do" to please God.  

That's what's so amazing. It's like she sees it as something to endure and there's nothing she can do about it. 

When she could easily do something about it! And even most Catholics are at least ok with NFP! 

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's what's so amazing. It's like she sees it as something to endure and there's nothing she can do about it. 

When she could easily do something about it! And even most Catholics are at least ok with NFP! 

She's said that her cycle isn't regular enough for NFP, and after having so many big babies, she has issues even testing her mucus because of her bladder control that can make it difficult to check the mucus. 

So in 2012 she said:

But after this baby comes Travis and I don't want to have any more kids for a long time... or forever.

In 2013 she talked about how she prayed she would not get pregnant in the next five years. You can see how thrilled she was with the birth of her last kid in this post:

http://www.aknottedlife.com/2013/07/nine-months-of-doing-it-wrong_7.html

So yeah, obviously a woman who should be pregnant again... :my_confused:

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

She's said that her cycle isn't regular enough for NFP, and after having so many big babies, she has issues even testing her mucus because of her bladder control that can make it difficult to check the mucus. 

So in 2012 she said:

In 2013 she talked about how she prayed she would not get pregnant in the next five years. You can see how thrilled she was with the birth of her last kid in this post:

http://www.aknottedlife.com/2013/07/nine-months-of-doing-it-wrong_7.html

So yeah, obviously a woman who should be pregnant again... :my_confused:

This may sound crass but if she can try to do NFP, why can't he pull out? 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This may sound crass but if she can try to do NFP, why can't he pull out? 

I don't think it is Catholic approved. 

25 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I don't think it is Catholic approved. 

Just one of the many religious rules I don't understand. Oh well. Of course I know tons of Catholics that use birth control so that probably colors my view.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just one of the many religious rules I don't understand. Oh well. Of course I know tons of Catholics that use birth control so that probably colors my view.

I taught Catholic school with a lady who was one of 10 (I think.... there were a lot of kids in her family and I think she was one of the oldest.) Her Mother had a few miscarriages and I think at least one infant who was stillborn. She kept getting pregnant because she a very strict Catholic. They tried NFP and still got pregnant. Finally her daughter went with her to the OB/GYN (she was in college by this time and had a toddler brother at home). The doctor finally concluded, after testing/charting, that her Mom was ovulating twice a month. The doctor told her if she got pregnant again she probably wouldn't make it through the birth. The doctor told her she needed to either have her tubes tied or go on birth control. She wanted none of that- this was the 70's and she was super Catholic. Finally, the daughter explained it to her Dad and her Dad talked to her Mom. They went to the Archbishop and explained their situation. The Archbishop told her God was pleased with her and wanted her to be alive to enjoy her children. She went on birth control until she went through menopause.

Some Catholics think they "have" to keep having babies. Others realize they can fulfill the promise to have children and still limit their family size. My friend and her husband have 3 children. There's about 2 1/2 years between each of the kids. One night she got a little tipsy and said "Did you hear that homily today? Father thinks we (Catholics) should continue to have children because it pleases God? I mean, I really wanted to ask him are you paying for these babies? You have no idea how expensive children are. I mean, we've used birth control since we got married. I wasn't even sure I was ready to have kids when we decided to start trying and I was in my late 20's. We originally wanted 4 kids, until #3 was born with a congenital heart defect. We got through that (3 open heart surgeries) and we find out #1 has Aspergers. What could have happened with #4? No thanks! I've pleased God three times. I'm done. I guess I just told you I don't follow all the rules...and I work for the church. Please don't judge me." I told her I wouldn't judge her... because I was on BC too (to keep my cycles normal & help with issues.) A lot of Catholics use birth control. 

My friend is uber catholic and does NFP with a high tech fertility monitor she got off of Amazon. She tests her urine daily. She does want eleventy kids but got married very young and is naturally very fertile so she uses it to not have a kid every 12 to 15 months. This way she can space them a bit. 

On a related note in the 60's my mom got special dispensation from the priest to go on birth control. She had had multiple miscarriages and emotionally couldn't handle the possibility of another. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hardline Catholics believe that the act must always be completed inside the vagina. So even having oral sex that ends in climax is a no-no.

I should point out that, as others have stated, this is way outside the norm for Catholics. No one in my church growing up had more than four kids. My mother and conservative aunts would tell this woman she is crazy and needs to go on birth control stat. My aunt got married young and really wanted to finish college, and her priest (in West Virginia, in 1972) told her of course they should use preventative measures; since he saw what she was working on as a way to ensure that their house was better equipped to provide for children in the future.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived