IGNORED

Breeding Like Bunnies: Upcoming Babies 7

Bethella

2 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

You have them mixed up though. Sharia is married to Joshua and Lolly is married to Joseph. 

Oops, that's what I get for posting by memory from work when I don't actually have the list with me.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok that must be what I'm thinking of. 

They really keep it in the family. I've never seen a family have so many marriages of siblings marrying siblings. I wonder why their families do this. Do they really want to keep that cloistered amongst themselves? 

But then you have large families where this doesn't happen. It makes me wonder if some fundie families are more open to other families than others.

I can see it being to two things: how rigid their beliefs are (i.e. Will a suitor be rejected if there are only minor differences in theology?) and also the size of their social circle (i.e. Do they attend a home church with only two other families? Or do they travel constantly and have friends all over?)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Oops, that's what I get for posting by memory from work when I don't actually have the list with me.

I can see it being to two things: how rigid their beliefs are (i.e. Will a suitor be rejected if there are only minor differences in theology?) and also the size of their social circle (i.e. Do they attend a home church with only two other families? Or do they travel constantly and have friends all over?)

Yeah I can see that. For instance the Duggars travel a lot and know a lot of fundie families. So I guess it makes sense they have married from different families. They seem to have a lot of choices compared to a fundie family that doesn't travel much. 

People like to speculate about the Bates and Duggar families intermarrying. But both families know so many fundie families that I think it's becoming less and less likely by the year. 

If they had never gotten the money from the shows and still lived like the huge poor fundie family they were, then the intermarrying may have been more likely.

I saw Courtney Rogers (sweet tea and buttermilk) describe herself as mom of 8 plus 2 angels. Wouldn't that signal another pregnancy for her?

4 minutes ago, LaughingDonuts said:

I saw Courtney Rogers (sweet tea and buttermilk) describe herself as mom of 8 plus 2 angels. Wouldn't that signal another pregnancy for her?

We knew she was pregnant but we don't have an exact date. 

6 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Our best guess is that she's due over the summer. But unless she changes her privacy settings we can't be sure of anything.

Anna Wolfe,formerly of Maidens of Worth, has just announced Blessing v3.0. They've also wrapped up they're 'mission work' in Shanghai and have moved back to the US for good.

8 hours ago, uber frau said:

Anna Wolfe,formerly of Maidens of Worth, has just announced Blessing v3.0. They've also wrapped up they're 'mission work' in Shanghai and have moved back to the US for good.

Mission work in Shanghai??  That's a lot nicer than where some of the other families have been treking about.  Isn't that illegal in China? 

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Mission work in Shanghai??  That's a lot nicer than where some of the other families have been treking about.  Isn't that illegal in China? 

Well, Anna may have described their stay as "mission work" but the reality is her husband had a job there for 2-3 years during which time they seemed to mostly hang out with other "like-minded" people, a.k.a.  fundies of the same flavor as themselves.

They just moved back to the US after her husband got a new job in AL.

I've been reading Anna's blog all along and I have to admit I was somewhat impressed with how much she seemed to grow up during their time in China. Her family is an interesting brand of fundie , they definitely emphasize education more than most, for boys and girls alike.

21 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I've been reading Anna's blog all along and I have to admit I was somewhat impressed with how much she seemed to grow up during their time in China.

I agree. Regardless of the alleged "missionary" purpose of their stay in China, I give Ryan & Anna a lot of credit for living there for 2-3 years, especially with two small children. 

That's something that would benefit many Americans, no matter what their religion. Living in a foreign country is NOT the same as being a tourist there. It's a real education!

Anna's eldest daughter is adorable and so expressive!  Anna really seems to have taken to motherhood -- hopefully living abroad has tempered some of her more repugnant beliefs.  

On 4/27/2017 at 2:17 AM, uber frau said:

Funny you mention Anna--I was JUST thinking about her and Maidens of Worth the other day! I had no idea she was keeping another blog, or that they were living in China.

I haven't followed her in a while but hasn't Olivia from Fresh Modesty been married for a while now? I'd have thought she'd be pregnant by now but maybe I've just been reading too much about the Morton Family to make an assumption like that.

12 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I haven't followed her in a while but hasn't Olivia from Fresh Modesty been married for a while now? I'd have thought she'd be pregnant by now but maybe I've just been reading too much about the Morton Family to make an assumption like that.

I don't follow her, but Olivia got married in August 2016.

17 hours ago, browngrl said:

Olivia married in August 2016 and I haven't seen anything to suggest it. I also know she's blogged about being chronically ill in the past, which may impact how she approaches having kids. (Hopefully)

And Sierra is expecting number 6. It was about time. What does her husband do for a living? How does he have enough money for his growing brood? Not that fundies care if their preshious blessings stay hungry.

I think he works at a furniture store and is doing some kind of Bible program on the side (how many pastors/ministers can these people pay to support...? All these young guys with growing families seem to be determined to go the ministry route).

On 5/11/2017 at 8:22 AM, singsingsing said:

I think he works at a furniture store and is doing some kind of Bible program on the side (how many pastors/ministers can these people pay to support...? All these young guys with growing families seem to be determined to go the ministry route).

It's ridiculous. There are too many of these young fundie pastors. There really isn't a need for all of them. But I'm sure they don't believe they can glut the system for Christ. 

Courtney of Sweet Tea and Buttermilk had a girl, she posted a photo on her Facebook page.  Calena.

FB_IMG_1494713899868.jpg

13 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Courtney of Sweet Tea and Buttermilk had a girl, she posted a photo on her Facebook page.  Calena.

FB_IMG_1494713899868.jpg

That baby is already thoroughly sick of this bullshit.

47 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

FB_IMG_1494713899868.jpg

Isn't her other daughter Callie? That's like naming your daughters Ellie and Elizabeth :-/

Yes, the other girl is Callie Ann. 

Courtney must like the C and L combo, because she's also got Clint, Clay and Colt. 

I must say, this name kind of surprises me, because it's got more syllables  - Courtney seems to prefer very short, simple names. 

Did she post a middle name for Calena? Was the baby born today or yesterday?

or Cara, Cady, Casey (although they have a Case), Cait/Cate, Carin, Carine, Carlin, Carla, Carly, Carmen, Carol, Carrie, Carys, Carynn, Cassi, Caylee, Clair, Clea, Coco...

There are tons of other names that aren't nearly as similar as Callie and Calena.

Maybe they want to call her Lena but felt like they had to stick with the C theme?

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived