IGNORED

John Shrader Part 11 - God's Grifter Falling Apart

Coconut Flan

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, apple1 said:

"... who can't sing well ..." John seems to have "well" and "loudly" confused.

Major understatement. (I spent 40-plus years as a church accompanist. I also do not recognize that piece except for the small bit of "Oh, Worship the King.")

I found the hymn - "O God my Joy." Apparently we don't recognize it because it was only published in 2012.  Here's a much nicer version.  

37 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I found the hymn - "O God my Joy." Apparently we don't recognize it because it was only published in 2012.  Here's a much nicer version.  

Brigham Jung University?

3 minutes ago, Carol said:

Brigham Jung University?

Possibly worse.  Bob Jones University.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

What is this heresy of singing modern new fangled hymns?????!!!!!!!! :laughing-jumpingpurple: He is on the slippery slope to singing Christian rock, or, like Rea calls it, Christian Fornication. 

I downloaded it to my computer. but it will not upload now to the file sharing service I use.  I've tried.  I really have. 

You are much better off hearing the version by the BJU choir.  Much better. 

I haven't kept up with the Shraders for a while, didn't know John has succeeded in pissing the good people of Zambia off.  Thumbs up to Arcade for dumping his sorry ass.

I just listened to it again. I swear my cat was walking across the room and froze when he heard the screeching, and his tail started twitching. He just stared at me twitching his tail. I stopped it and he just resumed walking.

My question about the video is who are they singing to? Usually John loves to photograph ALL the faithful who came to church. This seems like a ploy to cover up the fact that the pews are empty. 

Not related to the singing, because frankly I refuse to voluntarily listen to crap. How many years until the oldest child reaches adulthood?

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I just listened to it again. I swear my cat was walking across the room and froze when he heard the screeching, and his tail started twitching. He just stared at me twitching his tail. I stopped it and he just resumed walking.

This made me laugh so much my  two week old daughter stopped nursing and looked up at me. 

1 minute ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

This made me laugh so much my  two week old daughter stopped nursing and looked up at me. 

My husband works from home and my eldest is taking a gap year so she is often home during the day since her job starts in the afternoon. I have to listen in secret when they are all out of the house. I'd be mortified if I got caught.

7 hours ago, Carol said:

Brigham Jung University?

Thanks for posting that. The song is actually quite beautiful. Would probably be even better by the real BYU choir.

11 hours ago, Flossie said:

What I saw was a man who set up his piano in front of his family so he was front and center, and who can't sing well.  Most of his kids are just standing there or wandering around while Esther tries to keep them together.  

Exactly. Unless you're billy joel or Elton john (or their equal) the piano goes to the side or the back ffs. 

You Can't Fake Fruit!

It appears that the majority of the fruit in John's Fruit To Your Account video is fake, at least according to John. He doesn't mention that video anymore....

I just want to thank the Lord for my beloved Brother in Christ Bro. Roderick Malunga. I am so very encouraged to see the genuine humility that is developing and deepening in him, and what God is doing in his heart and through his life.

Come on Rodrick! You are too smart for this. You don't need John. I hope Rodrick is just using John to get stuff and is quietly planning his escape.

I've had several here in Africa claim that they were born again, and a couple even claim that they led someone else to Christ, yet those individuals are now not following Christ themselves, their lives are sadly against the Word of God (and only God Himself knows if they are truly Born Again or not), but you can't find their "fruit." Those they claimed to lead to Christ are not following after Christ, or leading others to the Lord.

It seems like the only fruit John looks for is "Agree with and worship me." 

I'm not seeking to lift up Bro. Roderick at all

Of course not! John never lifts up anyone but himself. 

he also has been going through some discouraging things in his life as well.

I wonder if he is starting to question John. Seeing John's "ministry" crumble and his grand plans always fail has to make him think.

We've both been struggling to keep our eyes on the Lord and not on others who are forsaking or even attacking the work and myself.

We all know John only keeps his eye on himself, but I think John is getting a bit worried that Rodrick is going to actually listen to the people who clearly see John for who he is. 

I am thrilled in the midst of heartbreaking sorrow to see what God is doing through men like Bro. Roderick, Bro. Phellion, and Bro. Boyd.

So he has two new converts to work for him. Wonder how long they will last. 

Sadly, one of those who has, like Demas in the Bible, "...forsaken...having loved this present world," recently made a sad statement about those who are blinded by me. He was referring to faithful men like Roderick, Phellion and Boyd.

It must be so frustrating to watch people you know and care about being taken in by a seasoned scam artist. 

One of the things that is so encouraging about Bro. Roderick, Bro. Phellion, and Bro. Boyd is that these men do not ask me for things. They are not coming to me looking for me to be their provider. They are truly learning to live by faith, walk by faith, and to me, that is so very, very encouraging.

No, John is looking to them to be his provider. He asks them to do things. The first time they need help, they will see what sort of a person John is. He is a taker, not a giver. 

God is sustaining us, strengthening us, and showing us that He is genuinely saving souls and changing hearts and lives here in Sub-Saharan Africa.

How can I say that with confidence?

Because you can't fake fruit.

Except John, according to his own words, has been taken in by fake fruit to the point most of that video he obsessed over is filled with this "fake fruit" and he can't even use it to brag about how many lives he saved. Boyd and Phellion are bound to jump ship at some point and John will point to them as being fake fruit. The only fake person there is John. If Rodrick ever leaves him, I don't think he could handle it. 

10 hours ago, infooverload said:

How many years until the oldest child reaches adulthood?

The oldest, Enoch, is 14 (Jan 17, 2003).  

So John is down to 3 converts.  If Roderick sees the light then he'll probably take both Boyd and Phellion with him.  John forgot to mention (again) that Phellion is Jacqueline's brother and Roderick's brother-in-law.  To say nothing of the fact that the whole church plant at Malumba village depends on Phellion.  

This man [Roderick] is not only the first precious soul God allowed me to bring to Christ after moving to Africa as Missionaries,

How soon Arcade is swiffered from the official record.  Arcade was John's first African baptism.  

but he is also the first Zambian brother that God laid His Wonderful Hand upon and called to preach.

The very first Zambian?  I wonder what Bros. Kennedy and Douglas think of this claim by John.

All together now:  "Come on, Roderick!  Wake up and smell the coffee!"

Oh. My. Rufus. That post sickens me. It is so extremely manipulative. He creates fear in these people, my way or hell. And don't you dare ask for any help, because I will know you are not sincere if you do. I'm not here to help you, or improve the quality of your life in any way. My begging for money is entirely different, and I don't want to have to share it with anyone else. I'm usually amused by his antics but for some reason this really upsets me. 

46 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Oh. My. Rufus. That post sickens me. It is so extremely manipulative. He creates fear in these people, my way or hell. And don't you dare ask for any help, because I will know you are not sincere if you do. I'm not here to help you, or improve the quality of your life in any way. My begging for money is entirely different, and I don't want to have to share it with anyone else. I'm usually amused by his antics but for some reason this really upsets me. 

It's the hypocrisy of John living on handouts while criticizing those who are asking for help.  It's the hypocrisy of John expecting honest unpaid labor from others that he won't do himself because it's beneath him and he doesn't like actual work. 

17 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Thank you for trying but no sadly. Lots of disclaimers show up. 

Im blocked. Well and truly. Forever. Left to roam in the wilderness of John's selfishness.:annoyed:

No worries, oh bonny one--I'm quite sure there are many more for you (us!) to review(snark on!)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived