IGNORED

Anna, Josh, and the M-Kids, Part 10: Genes and Bedsheets

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

Most of the last thread was spent discussing the value of genetic testing, with the occasional picture of Josh, Anna and the kids. We also talked about the benefits of flannel sheets. Y'all can have my share of that LOL! I need to be cold when I sleep.

We're still waiting on the birth of M5, which is happening..."later this year"? Guess we'll be waiting a while.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to body shame here, but Josh's most recent picture reminds me of that scene in the movie "The Doors" where Jim Morrison is at the little girl's birthday party and his bandmates are surprised by his physical appearance.  If he had a full beard and if his hair was longer, Josh would look the same. 

And please know, I'm not snarking about weight.  I've certainly had periods of my life where I've been very chubby and needed to lose the excess pounds.  

"Have you heard, "if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much?"

@Rachel333I never heard the phrase while growing up, but the sentiment seemed to be there nevertheless.

The Dutch side of the family, who emigrated around 1911, settled in the German part of a large city as there wasn't really a big Dutch community there.   It also adds to the theory that great grandpa wasn't Dutch but really German *. He lived in the Netherlands because he got into some trouble with German authorities however my family refuses to discuss this.   My father was pissed that one time Grandpa told me the story of how his dad was involved with breaking a friend out of jail in (what is now) northern Germany and hustled him over the border into the Netherlands.  And also that he (great Grandpa)  talked about how "he couldn't go back there", meaning Germany.    So there seems to be something there but no way will my dad discuss it.  Great grandpa was a bit of a rascal and my dad seems embarrassed by this.  There's a need within my family to make people seem larger than life / better than human which is not realistic.  I loved the story my Grandpa told me about his dad, it made him seem more interesting and frankly more real as he died before I was born.

My late mom has some genealogy records so maybe I can get a hold of those to find out for sure.   

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

"Have you heard, "if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much?"

@Rachel333I never heard the phrase while growing up, but the sentiment seemed to be there nevertheless.

The Dutch side of the family, who emigrated around 1911, settled in the German part of a large city as there wasn't really a big Dutch community there.   It also adds to the theory that great grandpa wasn't Dutch but really German. He lived in the Netherlands because he got into some trouble with German authorities however my family refuses to discuss this.   My father was pissed that one time Grandpa told me the story of how his dad was involved with breaking a friend out of jail in (what is now) northern Germany and hustled him over the border into the Netherlands.  And also that he (great Grandpa)  talked about how "he couldn't go back there", meaning Germany.    So there seems to be something there but no way will my dad discuss it.  Great grandpa was a bit of a rascal and my dad seems embarrassed by this.  There's a need within my family to make people seem larger than life / better than human which is not realistic.  I loved the story my Grandpa told me about his dad, it made him seem more interesting and frankly more real as he died before I was born.

My late mom has some genealogy records so maybe I can get a hold of those to find out for sure.   

My family is so boring. I had an aunt sneak off the farm and go to a bar in Chicago once. She's a legend. That was in 1925. Nothing has happened since.

9 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

My family is so boring. I had an aunt sneak off the farm and go to a bar in Chicago once. She's a legend. That was in 1925. Nothing has happened since.

My (immediate) family prefers boring.   Too worried about what other people think never mind the people involved are gone.   Now Mr. No's family has some interesting stories that they are not afraid to tell.  

Back to Josh for a second... someone on the old thread wondered how he could afford to be in Kentucky eating at a Chick-fil-A. Answer: other members of the family were there, but this picture (and a bad one if just Anna's face) were all the photographer, a non-fan, was comfortable taking. I wonder if TLC filmed them? If so, they're lagging behind the Bateses, whose Ark episode recently aired.

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Back to Josh for a second... someone on the old thread wondered how he could afford to be in Kentucky eating at a Chick-fil-A. Answer: other members of the family were there, but this picture (and a bad one if just Anna's face) were all the photographer, a non-fan, was comfortable taking. I wonder if TLC filmed them? If so, they're lagging behind the Bateses, whose Ark episode recently aired.

I'm curious to see if this was filmed.  I thought TLC wasn't going to show the whole family anymore.  I thought they'd only show them in relation to something one of the older kids was doing.  If they did film this, it makes me think that they're slowly going back to the old formula, pre-scandal.  I sincerely hope they don't, but nothing surprises me. 

On Joshly's weight gain, I won't snark on it but I am not surprised that he gained.  Whatever food issues he may have, who knows, but given his life these days, I rather expected it.  And it's not just because M5 is on the way though I wonder how he may feel about it.   It's just his prospects are shot and all he can look forward to now is living indefinitely under his dad's thumb.  He has to be edited out of his sister's wedding pictures and video that are being publicly viewed because he's persona non grata in the real world.  After having some freedom in DC plus the respect, in his circles at least, with his FRC job, losing this things has got to be pretty hard.   So that he would turn to food is understandable. And it won't land him in any trouble because you know JB is still watching him like a hawk.

2 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

On Joshly's weight gain, I won't snark on it but I am not surprised that he gained.  Whatever food issues he may have, who knows, but given his life these days, I rather expected it.  And it's not just because M5 is on the way though I wonder how he may feel about it.   It's just his prospects are shot and all he can look forward to now is living indefinitely under his dad's thumb.  He has to be edited out of his sister's wedding pictures and video that are being publicly viewed because he's persona non grata in the real world.  After having some freedom in DC plus the respect, in his circles at least, with his FRC job, losing this things has got to be pretty hard.   So that he would turn to food is understandable. And it won't land him in any trouble because you know JB is still watching him like a hawk.

Their diet is completely poor.  I once looked at Anna's chicken etti recipe and nearly puked when I saw that it had velveeta and cream of chicken soup.  I know that's just one recipe, but between that and their weird tater tot dish, I'm sure they're eating stuff like this regularly.  An average adult cannot eat like that and not pack on the pounds.  

2 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Their diet is completely poor.  I once looked at Anna's chicken etti recipe and nearly puked when I saw that it had velveeta and cream of chicken soup.  I know that's just one recipe, but between that and their weird tater tot dish, I'm sure they're eating stuff like this regularly.  An average adult cannot eat like that and not pack on the pounds.  

Right, and my guess is Anna probably works off the calories with taking care of the M kids. 

I missed the rascal ancestors discussion. One of my great-great -something grandfathers blew up a bridge in Ireland & spent 7 years in Mount Joy prison. His father-in-law got him out but they allegedly took him directly to a ship & said "go to America or Australia, we don't care but never come back. And don't do anything to embarrass Ireland."

My mom is embarrassed by this story but I love it.

Ooooh a genealogy discussion! I really want to do the ancestry test for kicks mostly. I'm also curious because a lot of people peg me as Russian when my parents and extended family discuss being from the Irish/Scottish and German area. Also my dad was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis which based on my interpretation shows up often in English people.

I'm curious if I really do have bits of Russian and English floating around.

This conversation actually reminded me of my step grandfather. He passed away when I was in elementary school, and he was from a smallish town in North Carolina before he joined the army for WW2. He had a very peculiar accent that I've only ever heard from him (way of saying my unusual name and such) and I was recently on the phone with a bank. The guy who helped me had that exact same accent. Same way of pronouncing my name and everything. I was shaking and near tears when I got off the phone. It was a seriously interesting experience and t prompted me to poke around in my grandfathers history which found me a scan of his original registration card for the army.

My family is pretty boring, but my claim to fame is Bonnie Parker (of Bonnie and Clyde) is my great great aunt on my mom's side.

I've actually considered the ancestry kit from National Geographics for a while, have any tried that? 

Both sides of my family are from the Western coast of norway. There is actually a published family chronicle/genealogy from my fathers side. Not completely sure it tells the whole truth though, 'cos sailors. My eyebrows are very not norwegian. Perhaps a spanish or portugese sailor in there somewere? :P

1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I'm curious to see if this was filmed.  I thought TLC wasn't going to show the whole family anymore.  I thought they'd only show them in relation to something one of the older kids was doing.  If they did film this, it makes me think that they're slowly going back to the old formula, pre-scandal.  I sincerely hope they don't, but nothing surprises me. 

Per Pickles:

IMG_2059.PNG

The information could be wrong, but it's possible it's correct as well. 

The Duggars also visited the Air Force Museum in Ohio. Pickles said they were there the 23rd.

Spoiler

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

It's nice to see Joy with her buddies. Too bad Mother Jill couldn't be there with them. Would have been a nice little family outing for her and her kids before her oldest is sold off to the Forsyths.

Anna looks lovely. And I really don't think Michelle should be giving anyone advice on following faith or being a good Christian.

39 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Right, and my guess is Anna probably works off the calories with taking care of the M kids. 

Exactly. If Josh is sitting in a car dealership all day he's definitely not burning the calories one would consume from tatertot cassarole, chicken Etti, or any other startchy, stretchy Duggar meal of choice.

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Per Pickles:

IMG_2059.PNG

The information could be wrong, but it's possible it's correct as well. 

The Duggars also visited the Air Force Museum in Ohio. Pickles said they were there the 23rd.

Hide contents

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

It's nice to see Joy with her buddies. Too bad Mother Jill couldn't be there with them. Would have been a nice little family outing for her and her kids before her oldest is sold off to the Forsyths.

Anna looks lovely. And I really don't think Michelle should be giving anyone advice on following faith or being a good Christian.

I wonder why they went to the Air Force museum.  Seems awfully secular to me.  

Do they usually take all-family field trips to secular places when they're not being filmed?  The heathen snarker in me still thinks they did this for attention, but who knows what goes through Jimbo's head.  It's not like they were all on spring break and this was the only chance to get everybody together.  I'm probably wrong and this is probably just a little family outing, but I don't trust anything they do.  Their decisions all seem to be based on publicity and exposure. 

4 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Do they usually take all-family field trips to secular places when they're not being filmed?  The heathen snarker in me still thinks they did this for attention, but who knows what goes through Jimbo's head.  It's not like they were all on spring break and this was the only chance to get everybody together.  I'm probably wrong and this is probably just a little family outing, but I don't trust anything they do.  Their decisions all seem to be based on publicity and exposure. 

I'd guess they were visiting Michelle's family in Ohio. Going to a museum, even a secular one, might be preferable to getting into discussions with heathen family members.

3 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I think it would be exhausting to have to put up with that. I would assume several of JB and Michelle's kids would see through their shenanigans by now, but I guess not since they're still in the fold....

I just can't imagine my parents caring more about my social media presence then spending time with me. But I think the Duggar kids have been little more than a cash cow for a long time, so I guess they're used to it.

Of course Michelle dots her "i"s with hearts. I should have figured. 

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I'd guess they were visiting Michelle's family in Ohio. Going to a museum, even a secular one, might be preferable to getting into discussions with heathen family members.

I wanted to like your post and I accidentally hit the red button.  I went back and fixed it, but I just wanted to you to know that it was an accident.  

Do they have regular contact with Michelle's family?  I thought I read somewhere that she has a sister who is a lesbian.  Are they in contact with her too, or has she been shunned?  

27 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I really hope they don't go in reverse, but they never really went forward either. Counting On is 19KaC with a new title. TLC slapped lipstick on a pig. 

If I were a producer or writer, I would be making some personal demands and overhauling the whole show and the family to revamp my cash cow. It's scripted anyway. Why can't they take the bull by the horns? TLC is not doing that, so they must feel confident that they can win back the old audience by sticking to the old format, or...

Producers don't have two shits to give about the Duggars. They're putting the least amount of expense and effort into the show as possible and milking what's left out of them, while looking for the next cash cow. Producers know they have a loyal audience and it's less work to film the family crash and burn, than to actually, you know, care, and guide them a little. No matter what, they will always be good for an annual special. 

19 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

There is a slight connection. At least two of their guys fly or are in pilot training. 

8 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I really hope they don't go in reverse, but they never really went forward either. Counting On is 19KaC with a new title. TLC slapped lipstick on a pig. 

If I were a producer or writer, I would be making some personal demands and overhauling the whole show and the family to revamp my cash cow. It's scripted anyway. Why can't they take the bull by the horns? TLC is not doing that, so they must feel confident that they can win back the old audience by sticking to the old format, or...

Producers don't have two shits to give about the Duggars. They're putting the least amount of expense and effort into the show as possible and milking what's left out of them, while looking for the next cash cow. Producers know they have a loyal audience and it's less work to film the family crash and burn, than to actually, you know, care, and guide them a little. No matter what, they will always be good for an annual special. 

This is exactly how I felt about Counting On.  I never watched the original show, but based on recaps I've read of the original, CO is the exact same thing.  The only difference seems to be in the amount of time they devote to JB and Michelle and the little kids.  

If TLC was smart, they'd bring them all back and turn it into some sort of family rehab or family bootcamp where they all get together and yell and fight with each other about the damage Josh has done (for humane purposes, they should take out anybody who is under 14).  I'd tune into that on the regular.  CO is the most boring thing I've ever seen.  I feel like I'm killing brain cells when I watch that show.  It is hard for me to understand the appeal.  The formula of court, engaged, marry, baby is already stale and uninteresting.  It's been done four or five times already.  They need to step it up and tackle the molestation issue, or even better, show someone realizing their view of Christianity is bullshit and decides to leave the fold.  I'd totally watch that.  

6 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I wanted to like your post and I accidentally hit the red button.  I went back and fixed it, but I just wanted to you to know that it was an accident.  

Do they have regular contact with Michelle's family?  I thought I read somewhere that she has a sister who is a lesbian.  Are they in contact with her too, or has she been shunned?  

They showed them visiting early on in the series and I think they showed the funeral for Michelle's father. But not much else has been shown, so we don't know much about the contact with Michelle's family.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived