IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

ed2d96af553b7af8b810ba052216c45a.jpg
From Jessa's tagged pictures on Instagram. Spurgeon makes me giggle! emoji7.png

Aw, that's actually pretty cute. I think that's also the first flattering picture I've seen of Henry.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Oooh....she's drinking Kombucha?  She does realize that it's basically alcohol, right?  https://www.bustle.com/articles/31353-yup-those-gts-kombucha-drinks-are-alcoholic-and-theyre-not-the-only-ones

This guy from the article totally made me think of Derrick. This should be Jill and Derrick. Hanging out, having fun, drinking hard kombucha at a festival, but no, they're baking banana bread and making piñatas for Jesus in El Salvador.

BsFqrD1CQAATUNF.png

Jessica Seewald is dating her boyfriend, living away from her parents and has a job. I wouldn't be shocked if she drank alcohol either. Unfortunately, none of these things make her less of a bigoted, hateful asshole than the rest of her family and in-laws.

1 minute ago, JillyO said:

Jessica Seewald is dating her boyfriend, living away from her parents and has a job. I wouldn't be shocked if she drank alcohol either. Unfortunately, none of these things make her less of a bigoted, hateful asshole than the rest of her family and in-laws.

Jessica seewald voted for trump and frankly, that's all I need to know about her. Ugh.

Jessica Seewald is a slightly different shade of fundie. Doesn't make her any less fundie though. 

Jessa has always seemed to be the one most into healthy eating. We've snarked on how dull and simple her meals are in the past, but at least it's not twelve cans mixed together with a pound of cheese on top. I don't particularly enjoy kombucha, unless it's coconut lime flavored... mixed with lime juice... and gin. I think that negates the health benefits, though.

I hope those kids grow up with good, healthy meals and enough food to go around. That story with Jill hiding in the bathroom really breaks my heart. I hope they've planned for when they have eleventy kids and the TLC gravy train runs out.

ETA: Whoops, wrong Seewald! I think my points still make sense though, even if Jessa isn't drinking kombucha.

19 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Jessa has always seemed to be the one most into healthy eating. We've snarked on how dull and simple her meals are in the past, but at least it's not twelve cans mixed together with a pound of cheese on top. I don't particularly enjoy kombucha, unless it's coconut lime flavored... mixed with lime juice... and gin. I think that negates the health benefits, though.

I hope those kids grow up with good, healthy meals and enough food to go around. That story with Jill hiding in the bathroom really breaks my heart. I hope they've planned for when they have eleventy kids and the TLC gravy train runs out.

It wasn't Jessa! It was her SIL, Jessica.

It's funny how differently everyone seems to view Jessa and Ben's relationship. My take is that after Spurgeon they went through a rough patch - probably realizing that married with kids doesn't equal happily ever after. Ben seemed snappy and short tempered with Jessa, and she seemed passive aggressive and picky with him. However, in the last year, while pregnant with Henry, their interactions seemed much less tense and more amicable. Jessa seems to have settled quite happily into her new role as Mom and enjoying the status it gives her in the fundie community after the initial adjustment period. Ben seems much irritable and more confident, probably because he has this minister-in-training plan now (long distance preacher school and that upcoming speaking event). I'll never see him as a preacher but he might do ok as a youth minister. Hopefully they'll never sic him on an inner city community. Sometimes I wonder if the people who say Jessa and Ben are in a dysfunctional relationship haven't watched the show recently. Within their crazy cult I think they are about as happy as a 24 and 21 yr old with 2 kids could be.

16 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

The last time she spoke at some woman's conference he was right there next to her on stage the entire time.

Gross. I would feel really disappointed if I went to a women's conference and the speaker had her codependent husband on stage with her. (Or her chaperone?) I would walk out. Why do people tolerate that nonsense? 

ETA: Whoops, wrong Seewald! I think my points still make sense though, even if Jessa isn't drinking kombucha.

All that healthy eating will change when when she has more kids and the TLC gravy train pulls out and Daddy doesn't have enough money to go around.

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

All that healthy eating will change when when she has more kids and the TLC gravy train pulls out and Daddy doesn't have enough money to go around.

EVERYTHING will change when that day comes.

I freely admit that Spur is cute, but I also love how expressive Henry's facial features are.  There might be a little bit of early Jinger in him.  I know that Henry can't really form opinions and express them facially at this stage, but I get a kick out of him.

6 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I freely admit that Spur is cute, but I also love how expressive Henry's facial features are.  There might be a little bit of early Jinger in him.  I know that Henry can't really form opinions and express them facially at this stage, but I get a kick out of him.

Yeah, he's expressive. A bit like Philip Waller like that. :) 

I'm surprised that Jessa posted a pic of Spurge in only his diaper. Is this the first time that's happened? I don't recall seeing it off the top of my head. I'm kind of surprised that they would let babies be so "immodest"

15 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I'm surprised that Jessa posted a pic of Spurge in only his diaper. Is this the first time that's happened? I don't recall seeing it off the top of my head. I'm kind of surprised that they would let babies be so "immodest"

She didn't. It's a fan account.

And can I just say, I think it's creepy as fuck that there are fan accounts in general. But it's really creepy how they sometimes get photos that no one else seems to have. 

-----------

And just a note for everyone:

JESSA Seewald - married to Ben. Lived with her parents until marriage, had her first kiss in private after marriage, and has two adorable sons. Horrible young woman who is great at PR, likely voted for Trump, and has said disgusting things in the past. Fundie as fuck.

JESSICA Seewald - Ben's younger sister. Doesn't live with her parents, has a boyfriend, and revealed Spurgeon was a boy out of excitement before Benessa announced it. Horrible young woman who voted for Trump and has said disgusting things in the past. Still Fundie as fuck.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

And can I just say, I think it's creepy as fuck that there are fan accounts in general. But it's really creepy how they sometimes get photos that no one else seems to have. 

Oh, I didn't even check bc Jessa is always posting on IG.

I think the fan accounts that pretend to be a Duggar are creepy. Role playing another person is toooooooo far, IMO. The ones that are upfront fan accounts, I find less creepy. I do wonder how they get the pics that aren't available in other places.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Jessa didn't post it to Instagram, but she did post it on their website in Henry's one month album, which is where the fan account got the picture from.

8 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Jessa didn't post it to Instagram, but she did post it on their website in Henry's one month album, which is where the fan account got the picture from.

Thanks!

Still think it's creepy though. :pb_lol:

Thanks!
Still think it's creepy though. :pb_lol:

bccb9636b8631bc2f0a8586884c4712e.jpg
It is creepy! Taking pictures from their website and posting them on Instagram is creepy. Fan account or not, imo.

15 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

This guy from the article totally made me think of Derrick. This should be Jill and Derrick. Hanging out, having fun, drinking hard kombucha at a festival, but no, they're baking banana bread and making piñatas for Jesus in El Salvador.

BsFqrD1CQAATUNF.png

This is what I used to hope for them, but I've lost hope. 

@PainfullyAware i agree, Ben and Jessa seemed to go through an adjustment period after Spurg but now since Henry I think it seems like as far as their standards go, they are the perfect fundie family. 

Also, I see there relationship being very standard and about as good as it can in in fundie land. Jessa got her boy toy husband, Ben got his notible and "hot" wife. For jessa it's a good situation because she picked a husband that she seems attracted to and she's older and smarter than him so she gets more control than most women in the lifestyle. Ben gets to not worry about how he will support his many many babies because of TLC money and he gets a head start trying to be a preacher (otherwise he may have to be qualified). The kids even have a pretty good deal because looks like jessa isn't only JB and Michelle's favorite but the fan favorite too it seems.   So they probably get the most attention and are doted on the most.

20 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

Hmm, I probably wouldn't like them then since I'm not a beer fan. I just realized that kombucha is probably the closest thing that Jessa will get when it comes to beer, or alcohol in general. Are the Seewalds anti-alcohol too, or do they just choose not to drink it? 

I'm actually not a beer fan at all, either, but I love kombucha. I guess it's something you just have to try. "Beery" was the best thing I could think of. The alcoholic content is extremely negligible, pretty much the same as in kimchi or any fermented thing, I think. Anyhow, plenty of people drink them at work (I work at a public school) and even the strictest pregnant people I know (no caffeine whatsoever, no Tylenol whatsoever, etc.), still drink them. Definitely no buzz from it, lol.

ETA- I supposed kombucha brewed at home could have a higher alcohol cotent, but the "Synergy" and other brands brought in the store don't.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I know what you're saying, but I have to be that person: healthy eating can be VERY cheap, depending on what you consider "healthy." For me, it's eating a plant-based (vegan) diet. Beans, sweet potatoes, spinach, bananas, whole wheat pasta, rice, and even quinoa, etc., are very cheap in the southern United States.

I also shop for my husband, who eats the standard American diet, and his groceries-- chicken, ingredients for homemade pizza, sandwich ingredients, etc.-- always cost more and run out quicker (even doing it the thriftiest way possible. Just saying.

First off- let me say I have *no issue whatsoever* with spurgeon lounging in a diaper. I have kids 7 and under and have the rule that you have to at least have on underwear at the dinner table. But- she is giving a speech on modesty that infants can't even attend, yet it's okay for said infants to be naked on Instagram? I suppose she is just saying infants are distracting? But that kind of spits in the face of the whole "a woman's 1 job is to produce as many kids as possible"- normally at least "lap babies" are allowed. I dunno. It seems weird to me. I would think a tiny nursing baby would be allowed. 

Edited to add- I've had several glasses of wine and I'm not sure I'm expressing myself clearly- I have NO ISSUES with spurgeon being in a diaper, OR that being on Instagram. I have lots of similar pics on my phone. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived