IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

2 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Two questions.

1) is Alysa the daughter of Norm Wakefield?  F so, he was referenced early in the VF days and his church, along with "Little Bear" Wheeler's were "sister churches".  Norm seemed to fade quickly from the VF scene.  Always wondered what he knew and why he disappeared.

2) Alysa/Robert state, "We were not at all shocked or surprise d by  the news yesterday.". The date on the post was May 22, 2015.  So what happened on 5/21/2015?  Was that the Duggard scandal?  I apologise if it obviously was, i didn't follow that one.  So many scandals, so little time...

Yes she's the daughter of Norm Wakefield. Through  his involvement with the Little Bear, Bob Welch, and DPIART is how she and Robert met, if I recall correctly. It seems she and Robert were raised quite differently and she realized she married into a cult much later. It also seems they have been estranged from the larger Welch clan for some time and it took Robert and Alysa some major cojones to stand up to his parents because he was conditioned from the young age that he's to be obedient to his parents' will for their entire life. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

They're getting some decent photos/video footage out of him -- would be surprised if they paying him much or even at all for this stuff. 

That's exactly the vibe I've been getting. I don't think any of the brunette, dimpled houris who are textbook Dougie type are paying a single dime. They're getting free professional level photos and videos for promotion so they'll just keep him wrapped around their little fingers. And they have my blessing.

I have a friend who is in the burlesque scene, more Goth-y than this, but she's very attractive and used to tongue tied men around her offering favors. She knows whats what and my gut tells me Lady Flo is the same. 

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

These new churches with names that make them sound like Russian gulags or gay leather bars make me laugh. "Are you tough enough for... The Quarries?" Ooh, so masc. 

Made me laugh, too.  I'll remember that the next time I ride past Hyde Park Church, which is two or three times a week. I had always hoped to get a glimpse of the golden people until I found out they were in Durango.   The Quarries is a "recreation ministry" and no, I'm not making that up.  It's on 57 acres of some of the most primo real estate in Austin.  They have a yuuuuge gym (probably filled with women wearing tight yoga pants and developing muscles so hated by John Piper), tennis and volley ball courts, a lake formed by one of the old quarries, sports fields and somewhere in there, a church.  As sports minded as the Phillips spawn are, it would be a great place for a triathlete or a runner to train. Austin is a big running town.  21,000 people turned out to run/walk the Capitol 10K yesterday. 

Anyway, Beall noted on her blog that she is married to a visionary husband.  I'm sure she's the grounded and practical spouse, and DPIAT will always be chasing after some something or other.  However, with VF catalog and homeschooling crap, they were in seriously tall cotton, so Doug does have at least some business sense, or at least the con gene is strong with that one. Or, who knows, Beall was behind it all, in the guise of supporting her headship. 

Let me just say I am I am not well versed in linking blogs etc. The Tool was pretty much my gateway fundie, before Tooloween, but after the Tool homophobic poll bomb which was hilarious beyond belief.  Why the heck am I capitalizing tool?  So DPIAT brought me to Kelly and Peter! and all that jazz and I've never left and I am so sorry about the mess Kelly has been left with, thanks tool!  I read the blog post "Portrait of a Lady" and watched the Youtube video where Kelly had given birth to I don't even know which of the 6 she has been left to raise, under the renewed protective umbrella of her parents, but it was clear at the time that she had endured a very scary obstetrical emergency and here she is exhausted and healing with a camera in her face thanking tool for all his wisdom, WTF!  She also sounded so sweet and girlish in the video which made my heart cry.  I could not watch the wedding video b/c I could not stomach it.  This new Lady Flo chapter is epic to me, EPIC!  I have so many questions.  Where and how did tool hook up with Lady Flo and her crew in EUROPE?  Do they realize his toolness (I think yes, as a previous poster mentioned and sorry I was not able to quote you)?  Are they aware of his past life as a fundie $patriarchal hawker?  I am thinking not aware but would love to be a fly on the wall when the curtains come down, oh the stage!  How has he sold/is selling Be-all on this latest venture?  How does one go from fundie to burlesque?  Does Lady Flo (thinking I like her and will leave the caps) need a fainting couch pretty soon?  I imagine she doesn't because she's real and probably laughs herself to sleep every night.  I do like some of the #cinematography, I must confess.

On 22/04/2017 at 7:11 AM, DomWackTroll said:

You mean, like this?

I thought women weren't supposed to work under the umbrellas of strange men, leaving their homes unattended and their fathers/husbands to their own devices, but it's a brand new day in Vision Forum Land and suddenly everyone's liberated. 

Isn't women getting to the peak something made up by those evil immoral feminists? :P

“…you are always a vision.”
https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10156950417210223.1073741847.112517165222/10158569385715223/?type=3&theater
“There is only one you.”
https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10150235426995223.457219.112517165222/10158564325030223/?type=3&theater
I ask you, are these the comments of a happily married man? Forget the fact that he and Beall were/are fundie; would any NON-FUNDIE woman be okay with her husband making these comments to another woman on social media? I think not.

HAIL NAW! Mr. Daisy would get my foot up his ass!

23 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10156950417210223.1073741847.112517165222/10158569385715223/?type=3&theater

“There is only one you.”

https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10150235426995223.457219.112517165222/10158564325030223/?type=3&theater

I ask you, are these the comments of a happily married man? Forget the fact that he and Beall were/are fundie; would any NON-FUNDIE woman be okay with her husband making these comments to another woman on social media? I think not.

He is such a fop.  The way he fawns over Lady Flo reminds me of the obsequious William Collins in Pride and Prejudice, making over Lady Catherine de Burgh. 

15 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

He is such a fop.  The way he fawns over Lady Flo reminds me of the obsequious William Collins in Pride and Prejudice, making over Lady Catherine de Burgh. 

Now please don't insult fops.

I see the obsequiousness, but I think Doug's superficial charm and propensity to try to seduce young women is more like that scoundrel Mr. Wickham.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Now please don't insult fops.

I see the obsequiousness, but I think Doug's superficial charm and propensity to try to seduce young women is more like that scoundrel Mr. Wickham.

True that!!

13 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

HAIL NAW! Mr. Daisy would get my foot up his ass!

I've been thinking about this... usually the pastor/demigod's wife winds up being an unofficial counselor to the women in her circle. I'm sure Beall had at least a few letters asking for advice on one topic or another. How many of those letters were about husbands like Doug, running around with pretty young things while their wives tried to keep up appearances? What advice did she give those women? I recently finished listening to Victoria Botkin's spiel on true/Biblical (TM) womanhood, and her only answer to all the problems she was presented with, whether it was medical issues, or children with potential learning disabilities, or critical husbands was to pray and submit. I can't really imagine Beall saying anything different. 

What does she think of the advice tossed around her circle now? Does she ever think about the women who came to her with cheating husbands? Did she counsel them? And if so, was her advice anything that could practically be put into play right now (I doubt it?) Is this why she's still with him, because of the  women who were told to submit and pray? I don't have a great deal of sympathy for her, but still, it must be awful to see your bad advice turned back on you.

(As a side, nonsense like this is one of the reasons I think the Botkinettes are not married. Whatever their father might say, when the rubber hits the road, this is not a movement that protects women at all, and I'm sure they've seen a great deal more than we know about.)

If you've ever got a couple of weeks to spare, and a desire to immerse yourself in Deep Crazy, the Jen's Gems blog goes in to great (great) detail about how Beall counseled women. 

While Jen is a complete nutcase, and has questionable taste in co-bloggers, I have absolutely no sympathy for Beall. She gleefully painted herself into the corner she inhabits while her Tool husband frolics on the fringes of the European burlesque community.

Yes. I agree Jasmar. It's a puzzle to me how he can have apparently jettisoned/set aside their strident belief system and is palling around with the Desperate Housewives of Durango at the local watering holes (when not Falling All Over Flo in Europe) while Beall attempts to continue to prop up the mirage that she /they are soldiering on whistling a happy tune. She HAS painted herself in that corner. 

I get the very definite impression that Beall and Doug are living very separate lives now. They may still be married, but I get the impression that Beall is living an emotionally, if not physically, separate life. She seems to spend a lot of time with Justice and the older three girls, and working on Operation Meatball.

19 hours ago, Jasmar said:

If you've ever got a couple of weeks to spare, and a desire to immerse yourself in Deep Crazy, the Jen's Gems blog goes in to great (great) detail about how Beall counseled women. 

While Jen is a complete nutcase, and has questionable taste in co-bloggers, I have absolutely no sympathy for Beall. She gleefully painted herself into the corner she inhabits while her Tool husband frolics on the fringes of the European burlesque community.

Yes, it's Deep Crazy.  When you go down that rat hole, it ends up in a parallel universe. You know the parallel universe that we usually think is the normal parallel universe?  Well Jen's parallel universe is adjacent to that, but separated by a hit of acid and a wrinkle in the time-space contiuum.  We'll need to call in whoever the rescue ferrets call in for interstellar Black Ops.  Jen leaves nothing unsaid.  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  That woman can go on for YEARS about this and that. 

It will use of weeks or months of your life that you'll never get back, but that's just the nature of time and past relationships. 

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Jen leaves nothing unsaid.

For example:

:jawdrop:

On 4/24/2017 at 0:44 PM, DomWackTroll said:

“There is only one you.”

If my mom had FB my husband might post something like that to her, only less smarmy. It would be funny but not insulting if that makes sense. She would eat it up.

" I wrote her a 9-page letter for her birthday telling her about our last 30 years together."  There's something about this sentence that's deeply disturbing.

Moving right along: Here's something else that's tugging at the corner of my mind.  When the Doug scandal was just breaking and no names had been named, there was rampant speculation about 1) who the woman might be  and 2)  how the heck did this even happen, because DP was, literally, NEVER ALONE -- always surrounded by VF people or family or both. So how does he end up in Europe, ostensibly solo?  No wife, no daughter(s), no son(s) going with him, in a family with wife and 8 kids (mostly grown) where maybe only one kid (the Ligonier kid)  has a job-type job. 

Did he pack his valise, fling one end of his muffler over his shoulder and announce, "Dahlings, I vant to be alone?"   

I imagine so! "Off to take a flat in Brussels and film burlesque dancers, Beall! Deal with it! I'll see you when I see you!"

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

" I wrote her a 9-page letter for her birthday telling her about our last 30 years together."  There's something about this sentence that's deeply disturbing.

Moving right along: Here's something else that's tugging at the corner of my mind.  When the Doug scandal was just breaking and no names had been named, there was rampant speculation about 1) who the woman might be  and 2)  how the heck did this even happen, because DP was, literally, NEVER ALONE -- always surrounded by VF people or family or both. So how does he end up in Europe, ostensibly solo?  No wife, no daughter(s), no son(s) going with him, in a family with wife and 8 kids (mostly grown) where maybe only one kid (the Ligonier kid)  has a job-type job. 

Did he pack his valise, fling one end of his muffler over his shoulder and announce, "Dahlings, I vant to be alone?"   

Also at the time of the late unpleasantness there were little fleeting remarks/comments about "the laptop"--mostly from crazy jen but I still wonder what cello laden morsels were even suspected/known. Surely he wasn't filmmaking.

It's increasingly clear that for DPIART it's all about the show going on. Whether it was The William & Mary Observer -- his alternative student newspaper in college, or those voluminous verbose VF viewbooks of catalogs, or his Emcee Show, I mean, Film Festival, or his cameo in Alone Yet Not Alone (that could be the title of the above entry!) and now -- his French Film Festival.  In front, on camera, or better DIRECTING---telling LOTS of people (homeschoolers or extras in his film shorts) what to do, in charge of the drama etc etc.  The latest stuff on his DW Cinematographer page...I just don't get it.  What is the point? It's nice that the old veteran can revisit the site of where he liberated but to uber-glorify it in this maudlin film and put poor hackneyed Edith Piaf on it and make such a dramatic piece with all these extras and the jeep. I say this with respect for the veteran's service and as a  lineal and lateral descendant of MULTIPLE WW2 veterans.

Oh, and there certainly are some nice memes up at Doug WP.....

51 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Also at the time of the late unpleasantness there were little fleeting remarks/comments about "the laptop"--

I don't recall this -- could you clarify? What was the implication?

I thought there was chatter between Jen and someone --after Tool O'Ween--maybe nobody more than her weird partner TW  along the lines of " Oh yes the laptop with the photos has disappeared."  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I thought there was chatter between Jen and someone --after Tool O'Ween--maybe nobody more than her weird partner TW  along the lines of " Oh yes the laptop with the photos has disappeared."  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Not correcting or contradicting but groaning loudly at the thought of anyone diving into that endless rat's nest of a website to look for it!

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

You are correct, although I don't have a link and from my recollection it was a "hard drive" not a laptop.  There was a definite implication that it contained naughty bits.  I'm fairly certain that DPIART is tech savvy enough to Bleach those bits... or, at the vary least, hand it off to an intern to do. 

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I don't remember that specifically, but when John Robert Moore was here he stated that photos of him, um, en déshabillé had been obtained by unnamed Vision Forum people, and implied that they were used to attempt to control him. So nothing would surprise me. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived