IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, JillyO said:

WTF does "family-to-family fun" even mean?!

Everything needs to be done in family units. Husbands and wives must never be away from each other. All children must be dragged along to all events even if they are not age-appropriate. Otherwise, you've got men and women and kids congregating in all sorts of crazy ungodly configurations. Next thing you know, you're at a business lunch alone with temptress ladies throwing themselves at you. [sorry, I was channeling the Vice President of the US there for a moment]

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Everything needs to be done in family units. Husbands and wives must never be away from each other. 

David and Priscilla have only been separated for 25 hours, you know. The whole time they have been married. ;) #Family

Cape May, NJ, home to the most amazing Victorians i've ever seen (google to see more, they are beautiful!) Document?documentID=2170

@MayMay1123,   I have a figurine/plaque/whatnot on my mantlepiece of a Cape May Victorian.  It needs dusting.  It is not as colorful as the ones in your photo.

The village of Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard has a neighborhood of Victorian cottages near the Methodist tabernacle.  People would go to Oak Bluffs during the summer for revivals and meetings and either stay in these cottages or in tents.  I'd vote for the cottages.  The cottages are more modest that the houses in Cape May, but are just as colorful.

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

WTF does "family-to-family fun" even mean?!

It means there's no hope.  The guy has been posting on social media for years, FFS, is using two of his favorite words, and still butchered it.

The fundie #Family fun sounds like the #IntrovertHell. I would go crazy if I had to stay chained to my significant other all the time. 

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

David and Priscilla have only been separated for 25 hours, you know. The whole time they have been married. ;) #Family

That is a joke, right?

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

That is a joke, right?

Not according to David and Priscilla

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

That is a joke, right?

I wish it were a joke. 

Did we ever figure out whether he meant that 25 hours was the longest single period of time they'd spent apart, or whether it was 25 cumulative hours spread out over their entire marriage?

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Did we ever figure out whether he meant that 25 hours was the longest single period of time they'd spent apart, or whether it was 25 cumulative hours spread out over their entire marriage?

25 hours spent apart was the longest single period of time they spend apart, I hope. I mean it's weird enough to count that. Imagine having a stopwatch, "I have been without Priscilla for 10 minutes and 15 seconds." 

Imagine if he was timing it every time they were apart even at home. I had a friend like this when I was 19 or 20. He started dating this girl, and she was his first girlfriend, and he was obsessed with her. He couldn't stand to be away from her. He followed her into the washroom because he said he just didn't want to spend a second without her. I remember watching that relationship like a slow motion train wreck...

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Imagine if he was timing it every time they were apart even at home. I had a friend like this when I was 19 or 20. He started dating this girl, and she was his first girlfriend, and he was obsessed with her. He couldn't stand to be away from her. He followed her into the washroom because he said he just didn't want to spend a second without her. I remember watching that relationship like a slow motion train wreck...

Just when you think you've seen it all...

e19.jpeg

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think it means no more than 25 consecutive hours apart, not cumulative. TFDW has made some trips without her. Didn't he head to Big Sandy first and she followed or am I drunk?

And I am actually wondering if it is even true. I seem some traveling he did when she was pregnant with Paul... off to research!

Okay. I am drunk. I cannot find it. Must have been Robert Staddon or something.

21 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

And I am actually wondering if it is even true. I seem some traveling he did when she was pregnant with Paul... off to research!

Didn't they both go to Australia when she was really pregnant with Paul? 

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

25 hours spent apart was the longest single period of time they spend apart, I hope. I mean it's weird enough to count that. Imagine having a stopwatch, "I have been without Priscilla for 10 minutes and 15 seconds." 

The sad thing is...I can imagine that.

18 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Didn't they both go to Australia when she was really pregnant with Paul? 

That may have been what I was thinking about - minus Priscilla! Dang. I could have sworn he left her.

New blog post about Paul's bday bash and the family's time in FL. I think Priscilla wrote this one - it's less stilted than usual and references David in the third person (though I know TFDW does that sometimes, too).

Nice to see props given to Susanna for the party prep (though I laughed at the description of the theme being cowboys/farmers followed by a statement that "even the cake was in this theme," as though the centerpiece of a party usually has its own, separate theme - ?).

The last photo in the blog is an old one of Anna, Josh and the four M kids, with a caption about "Priscilla's sister Anna expecting again" or some such...Just found it interesting that Josh wasn't referenced at all.

11 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

New blog post about Paul's bday bash and the family's time in FL. I think Priscilla wrote this one - it's less stilted than usual and references David in the third person (though I know TFDW does that sometimes, too).

Nice to see props given to Susanna for the party prep (though I laughed at the description of the theme being cowboys/farmers followed by a statement that "even the cake was in this theme," as though the centerpiece of a party usually has its own, separate theme - ?).

The last photo in the blog is an old one of Anna, Josh and the four M kids, with a caption about "Priscilla's sister Anna expecting again" or some such...Just found it interesting that Josh wasn't referenced at all.

It seems like they both wrote it. The dead giveaways that TFDW put it together was the themed birthday cake sentence and the comment about the kids spending time together "as cousins". 

Philip looks more and more like Davia, the older he gets. 

As for Davia, her face here, says it all! 

Spoiler

Phillip looks like Pa Keller to me.

Why must he incessantly drive home the "family" theme?  He must be exhausting to be around. #FreeDavia

#CookingDinnerForMyFamily #WeEatTogetherAsAFamily #WeCleanTheDishesAsAFamily #Familytime #FamilyFun #Families4Life #OMGFAMILIES!!!!11!!!

2 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

Why must he incessantly drive home the "family" theme?

I think he's trying to prove something.

A lot of people think he's gay.  But gay or straight, David wants to be seen as a Family Man.  I suspect that in his world, a Christian man with a wife and kids couldn't possibly be gay.

Or he's trying to build his brand.  He was Gothards #2 for a time, maybe he wants to be the new and improved version of Gothard.  The cult needs a Face.  What better than a Godly young man who is making sure his wife is dutifully pumping out as many of God's Blessings as possible, while he goes about his business of helping to make sure that the cult keeps running.  Have you looked at his back story?  He was raised in the cult, his family were missionaries to Mongloia for a time, hell, even his older brother Isaac died because he didn't want to disrupt the mission with his silly little health problem that eventually killed him.  The family even buried Isaac in Mongolia instead of bringing his body back to the States.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived