IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

Thread title is a shameless mangling of the name of one of my favorite childhood shows. :P David and Priscilla are almost done with their house, and it is very blue!

They have said that they're going to put a railing on the deck, which is somewhat reassuring, given their in-laws' track record with child safety.

They also have apparently only been apart for 25 hours of their marriage, and are a #family. Gotta have that godly hashtag, y'all!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My, my, it is indeed very blue.  Guess visitors will have no trouble finding it.

I have to give them credit though.   When they first bought that house, it was a mess.   

Confession time; I love the colour of the house. I would love to live in a very bright house. I meant to live on Jellybean row. Inserted picture of Jellybean row. 

Ce_LYgMXIAAQNFq.jpg

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Confession time; I love the colour of the house. I would love to live in a very bright house. I meant to live on Jellybean row. Inserted picture of Jellybean row. 

Ce_LYgMXIAAQNFq.jpg

I would live in one of those houses in a heartbeat. Imagine coming home to that street after a hard day at work--you can't stay in a bad mood when you see all those colors! 

I love the color of blue they picked as well. I would call it cobalt blue. And I like their little porch too. Their house is actually cute and homey looking. I hope they post pictures with the railing and landscaping.

I don't care for the color - too intense for me, given the muted colors of the surroundings - but I am impressed by their improvements on the house.

Are there pics out there of the inside? Before, after or both? Would love to see it. Looks nice on the outside, love the design with the porch in the middle there. 

I love this color of blue and it's one I wear a lot.  However, I wouldn't paint my house with it.  It's cheery and all but my neighbors would hate me.   Seriously.   

My neighborhood is very much into beiges, grays, and white on houses.   There was someone who did a more intense blue color and it got the side eye big time.  When it came time to sell, they had to change the siding if they had any hope of selling.

Jellybean Row is reminiscent of Rainbow Row in Charleston, SC, except that Jellybean Row is much more colorful and probably infinitely less snooty.  Rainbow Row is thirteen Georgian homes in ChuckTown which you can read more about here:

Rainbow Row

Will they strip my SC citizenship away from me if I say that I like Jellybean Row much better and would rather live there?   (Fingers crossed and hoping!)

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Are there pics out there of the inside? Before, after or both? Would love to see it. Looks nice on the outside, love the design with the porch in the middle there. 

I would love to see what they did with the hellmouth in their bedroom. 

Their house looks really cute. I love the color. I'm glad they're planning to put up railings and stairs, and I hope they post another picture when they do. I love house reno shows so I'm a little light on the snark today, and just want to see more before and afters.

Hope the neighbors like blue.  Otherwise, they certainly won't be feeling #soblessed to live near Pecan and Pris.  

I personally like the color, but only in certain neighborhoods.  Their neighborhood isn't one of them.  

This is my favorite beach in all of California, and I love this quirky little hotel with its brightly colored cottages: 

5669985926_e16d99e6ab_b-1000x354.jpg

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-purple-passion-of-sandra-cisneros/

Makes me think of the author Sandra Cisneros, who painted her San Antonio home periwinkle and got a lot of pushback from the community. 

I love it though. I'd love a bright green house. 

Im really curious what kind of work David and Priscilla had to do and what the inside looks like. I remember how bad it looked when they bought.

3 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Previous thread here:

Thread title is a shameless mangling of the name of one of my favorite childhood shows. :P David and Priscilla are almost done with their house, and it is very blue!

They have said that they're going to put a railing on the deck, which is somewhat reassuring, given their in-laws' track record with child safety.

They also have apparently only been apart for 25 hours of their marriage, and are a #family. Gotta have that godly hashtag, y'all!

As soon as I read the title I started singing "welcome, welcome, welcome to the big blue house!" Lol. It was a favorite when my oldest were littles. 

I'm feeling very WTF about all these pics of Doug. Is this a real account? There are pics of him with these gals, right? (Sorry, so much blurs together for me.)

I really like the blue! They're so "beige" as a couple, it's a surprisingly bold move. A few pots on the terrace, a bit of landscaping, it could be really nice.

36 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

Their house looks really cute. I love the color. I'm glad they're planning to put up railings and stairs, and I hope they post another picture when they do. I love house reno shows so I'm a little light on the snark today, and just want to see more before and afters.

My favorite house renovation show is Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis.  It's the one show you know that she is not going to take a sledgehammer to old bathrooms and kitchens and will respect the bones of the old house.  She restores old homes to their former glory.  Too often on shows like Property Brothers they destroy all that's old in a house.  Sometimes old things do need to be torn out, but not always and often those things are part of what makes the house unique.  It drives me nuts to see Jonathan Scott take a sledgehammer to old colored bathroom fixtures because those things could be saved.  People will buy them!  (There's a market for old colored fixtures and tiles.)  The same is true for throwing out vintage appliances.  Some of us like the vintage ones because they were made to last.  It also drives me up a wall that Jonathan will often have the couple take a toilet full of water out of the house.  That is so unnecessary!  Turn the water intake off and then flush.

Don't get me started on any show that has Crashers in the name.

35 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

As soon as I read the title I started singing "welcome, welcome, welcome to the big blue house!" Lol. It was a favorite when my oldest were littles. 

I'm feeling very WTF about all these pics of Doug. Is this a real account? There are pics of him with these gals, right? (Sorry, so much blurs together for me.)

Oh jeez I was half asleep. I don't know why I mixed the waller and Doug threads together in my mind. Sorry. 

Another photo of Jellybean Row ( just because I love the neon yellow SUV parked outside one of them, not because it adds anything useful to the discussion. )

2017-03-27_02-17-46.jpg

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

St. John's loves it's colour and I love it! :tw_heart:

I would think that a splash or so of bright colour would be very cheering during a long Newfoundland winter.

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

I would think that a splash or so of bright colour would be very cheering during a long Newfoundland winter.

Is it ever! :) I adore it! 

I'm born and raised in St. John's so Jellybean Row and bright coloured houses are so normal to me. I love the colour on the house that they chose.

I would adore having a periwinkle house; it's my favorite color. (My engagement ring features a Tanzanite.) I painted the door frame molding in my bedroom that color in my first condo.

As others have said, I'm surprised the Wallers went so bold with their blue...there must have been several large containers of it on the returned paint shelves at the hardware store (often half-priced or more).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived