IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

12 minutes ago, frugaldreams said:

What's here handle? There are a lot of Katie Smiths.

Jeanine Morton posted (michaels_jeanine) and Martha Alexander (tayte_and_martha) posted about Katie.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Jeanine Morton posted (michaels_jeanine) and Martha Alexander (tayte_and_martha) posted about Katie.

Thanks! Katie is looking much healthier and happier. All the good thoughts for her.

41 minutes ago, frugaldreams said:

Thanks! Katie is looking much healthier and happier. All the good thoughts for her.

She is looking much better since living with her parents. Life with her godly husband kept her pregnant and under his control - and he was raised to be a big baby with no skills and no way to support his wife or their offspring, so they went back & forth between the Morton compound and a trailer in the Smith's backyard. No home, no money, no nothing but baby making. 

At least with her parents she eats regularly, her body can heal and gain strength after a decade of constant pregnancy; they are in one place with some sort of security and there are no longer any of Alan's whims to appease.

Never mind the fact her parents gave her to such a cretin...at least in the here and now they have given her and her kids a stable life. 

On 4/3/2017 at 5:29 AM, ophelia said:

What a powerful quote John chose. I must admit I'm still surprised that the Mortons really stand their ground and gather around Katie and her kids. In other fundie families there might have a lot accusations towards Katie and ultimately giving her the fault.

That's very true, but my guess is that a couple of things are at play. First, the Mortons, despite their beliefs and ignorance about the world, have a genuine sense of decency. Second, I suspect multiple adults must have caught Alan, perhaps even at once, so there was no way to excuse anything away.

In a newer post Bret says that God is working more "miracles" for Alan but won't give more details. I hope it's not reduced charges or anything like that.

17 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That's very true, but my guess is that a couple of things are at play. First, the Mortons, despite their beliefs and ignorance about the world, have a genuine sense of decency. Second, I suspect multiple adults must have caught Alan, perhaps even at once, so there was no way to excuse anything away.

The posts by the Cap'n also seem to indicate that Alan did not deny what he did.  Which makes their statements about him even more reprehensible.  It's one thing to love him and be conflicted about how much to support him.  It's another to decide that since he admitted and repented to God the rest of us should shut up and ignore what he did and stop talking about it.  Since we know from the charges that Alan was somehow related to this child/children that means they must somehow be too.  Their actions and statements are disgusting.  

5 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

In a newer post Bret says that God is working more "miracles" for Alan but won't give more details. I hope it's not reduced charges or anything like that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the miracles are just Alan scoring some decent toilet paper in jail.

7 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Sounds like the piece of shit "God" the Smiths and so many like them worship, for sure - ignore the torments of starvation, child soldiers, people dying from not being able to afford healthcare, ignore the torment of Alan's victim(s) during the 2 or 3 year period in which he was raping him/her/them; instead work "miracles" for a child rapist and make extra sure Donald Fucking Trump was elected President.  Sounds legit.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the miracles are just Alan scoring some decent toilet paper in jail.

He doesn't deserve 2-ply.

On ‎5‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 0:50 AM, BabyBottlePop said:

I just noticed that in the birthday post her mother made for Katie on Instagram, on of the commenters is Kelly Bradrick!
I didn't know there was a link between them?

56 minutes ago, DutchMommy said:

I just noticed that in the birthday post her mother made for Katie on Instagram, on of the commenters is Kelly Bradrick!
I didn't know there was a link between them?

The Mortons were deep into VF and I can totally imagine that they met at some conferences etc.

How did fj stumble upon the smortons in the first place? They don't seem high up in vf or iblp, or connected to the duggars, as many of the other families we follow are. How did they catch the site's attention? 

I believe someone noticed at the time of the BRADRICK! divorce news that the Mortons have been friends with Kelly and her sisters for a long time.  If I remember correctly Blair's wedding was discussed on their old blog and I think they posted pictures. 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

How did fj stumble upon the smortons in the first place? They don't seem high up in vf or iblp, or connected to the duggars, as many of the other families we follow are. How did they catch the site's attention? 

They were deep into the VF bullshit - not VF royalty themselves, but they blogged about going to VF and NCFIC conferences, father-daughter teas, VF royalty weddings as others have mentioned.  At one time they were updating their blog very frequently about all of these things.  I can only imagine that's how they were noticed.

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

FJ has never just been about the so-called fundie royalty. If anything I would guess we actually discuss far fewer families now than we used to a few years back. I would attribute that at least in part to blogging falling out of fashion.

I found the Blair/Taylor wedding post.  Man, it's classic Addie.  Wasn't he like 18 when they married??  He got to preach at his own wedding about the wedding garment.  

http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/11/wedding-of-blair-brown-and-taylor.html

While hunting that down I found the birth announcement for Katie's 4th child, Wallace, born August 2010.  She was only married just past 4 yrs and she had a 3 1/2 yo, a 2 1/2 yo, a 1 yo and a newborn.  Yikes.  Kressant did basically the same thing.  4 under 4, living the fundie dream.  

Wedding garment? Does it mean wedding dress?

I remember Wes & Rachel's wedding as it happened but have no clue how I found them in the first place...I think I need a new hobby; ten years of fundie watching is surely taking some kind of  toll.

But, anyway, even back then they were in deep with VF. Katie even mentions 'encouraging Kelly' in the zombie childbirth video. They're all connected in some way, whether deeply or partially. I would bet that at least 3/4 of the fundies I've ever watched or followed started through following links on each other's blogs. 

Fundies Say The Darndest Things was my first intro to the true crazy of fundies. No doubt I found my first VF/Morton/Sanders/Smith/Dominion connected blog from there and the rest, as they say, is history. All that means is that - yeah, they are - or were - all involved with each other to some degree in the early 2000's during VF's rise. 

I feel like the majority of all the fundies we follow either know of the other fundies or are actually acquaintances/friends with them. I would say the Internet is a big part but also the conferences. All these fundies homeschool no matter their beliefs. So a lot of them probably met at homeschool conferences across the US. And quite a few are into debate or the Bible bee. So they could've met at those events as well. And like PP said, they probably all followed one another when fundie blogs few big. Now they probably just follow each other on FB and instagram. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like the majority of all the fundies we follow either know of the other fundies or are actually acquaintances/friends with them. I would say the Internet is a big part but also the conferences. All these fundies homeschool no matter their beliefs. So a lot of them probably met at homeschool conferences across the US.

This is all true. In the days of Doug's Blog, many of these people appeared at least once or twice a year when Doug Phillips Is A Tool posted blog items about the many home school conferences at which he was a paid speaker. 

I saved PDFs of a number of blog entries before they were purged from the interwebz. An entry from August 2004 -- the occasion of the 2nd annual NCFIC conference -- featured photos & blurbs on the entire Morton family, Rebecca & Peter Serven, the Stinnetts, the Hart daughters, and Kelly & David Brown. 

How did FJ stumble on the s'mortons?

I found the Morton's/Smith's sometime around 2008-2009. They used to blog all the time and the Smith's had lots of videos and the Mortons used to run conferences - so they were quite active. I don't remember how I found them but whoa... what a rabbit hole of nuttiness. I don't even think FJ had rescue ferrets back in the day so I got the full monty of fundy nuttiness. By the time I found FJ the S'Mortons were already well known and I don't know what was the first Morton post. 

The Morton's have really become quiet on the public front so it is hard to know what is happening but they have either hidden the crazier bits  lately  or they have moved on from the core craziness (less likely I would think considering they are decamping to South America). 

17 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

This is all true. In the days of Doug's Blog, many of these people appeared at least once or twice a year when Doug Phillips Is A Tool posted blog items about the many home school conferences at which he was a paid speaker. 

I saved PDFs of a number of blog entries before they were purged from the interwebz. An entry from August 2004 -- the occasion of the 2nd annual NCFIC conference -- featured photos & blurbs on the entire Morton family, Rebecca & Peter Serven, the Stinnetts, the Hart daughters, and Kelly & David Brown. 

I'd love to see these PDFs. When I joined FJ 6 years ago the whole S'Morton-Sanders connection was a huge thing and they were discussed a lot. But that was back when all of these families still updated their blogs. Nowadays you can get a glimpse of the Smiths and Mortons lifes on fb or ig, but the Sanders just disappeared. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen this mentioned, but I may just have missed it. Katie Smith's facebook profile now lists her relationship status as divorced. 

:Yes:

31 minutes ago, withaj said:

I haven't seen this mentioned, but I may just have missed it. Katie Smith's facebook profile now lists her relationship status as divorced. 

:Yes:

That actually makes me really happy - for her and her kids, that is. They need closure & healing, not fundie rules of life. 

Alan is still rotting in jail. His father is bloviating on FB how special and awesome they are because their god keeps Alan from getting the flu and heals a kid of issues he's had for 8 years - just like that*snap* - Katie & the kids don't need that kind of crazy as they pick up the pieces of their lives and create a new one. 

Katie also looks healthier in her current picture than I have ever seen  her. She was always so typically worn down in any pics during her marriage and birthing days. Her body has finally been given a chance to heal instead of reproduce and her soul is clearly healing too or she wouldn't have the glow she has. 

Still a Morton, still crazy fundie ways, but eons above what her life once was.

I just read Jackie's FB - there sure are a lot of people in her family in prison. I mean, I have a pretty big extended family and not one is in prison. I don't actually know anyone who has a relative in prison. Of course I know the prisons are full and my experiences are not everyone's, but it just seems there is a very large number of her relatives behind bars. 

Their god is really fucked up.

**Even more. Because I am bored I wanted to check my memory. A progression of Katie. Just look at her eyes. First two "life with Alan"/as a Smith, next two, life after. 

BeFunky Collage.jpg

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived