IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

Last time on this family, we had a terrible "psalm" and some social media shade.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Morton is done with the shade and just called out Alan Smith on Capt Bret's page. Let's see how long it stays before the captain deletes it. And Brady Roberts liked his shady comments. 

Good on John Morton for calling spade a spade!  Often time Christians hide behind the veiled words  and innuendoes. 

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Good on John Morton for calling spade a spade!  Often time Christians hide behind the veiled words  and innuendoes. 

It seems people have been fairly open about Alan to the smiths. It seems like no one is on their side. Which is awesome. But I'm sure they feel they are being persecuted. Most fundies seem to have a persecution complex ready to come out at any time.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

John Morton is done with the shade and just called out Alan Smith on Capt Bret's page. Let's see how long it stays before the captain deletes it. And Brady Roberts liked his shady comments. 

I think it's already gone.

3 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

It's further down the page on a post from the 27th of February

Thanks! Found it.

So, Alan is still 'unrepentant"?

What, exactly, does that mean? I'm wondering if people have issue with his refusal to repent or with his actions? If he did repent, would the Smith's no longer be persona non grata?

And, the Smiths egos are as large as Trumps, and need to be knocked down just as far as well.

Really, Captain, you post "Psalms" written by your son, who is incarcerated & charged with rape & incest. And, um, you see nothing wrong with that?

Poor Kathy. Here she was hoping for juicy gossip and got more than she hoped for.  Oops.

IMG_3914.PNG

Brenda makes me stabby. Hypocritical and immature? Really? 

This made me laugh. I am being immature here. "The men were especially touched by Jacqueline," 

indeed! 

My husband used to volunteer at a jail. They eventually stopped allowing volunteers because an inmate convinced a guy to send a birthday card to his young daughter him, whome apparently  he abused. The guy didn't know this and was horrified when he found out what happened. He genuinely wanted to help the guy and was completely conned.

IMG_3915.PNG

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

So, Alan is still 'unrepentant"?

What, exactly, does that mean? I'm wondering if people have issue with his refusal to repent or with his actions? If he did repent, would the Smith's no longer be persona non grata?

I suspect that it means that he is not only maintaining his innocence in the face of some pretty damning evidence, he's doing everything he can to avoid facing the legal and spiritual consequences of his actions. 

If he were genuinely repentant, I think that they would feel obligated to forgive him, as fundies tend to see forgiveness as being mandatory. I don't know what forgiveness would mean within the context of this situation, though. We see a lot of fundie enabling of child molesters and other sexual predators on this forum, but the Mortons have (thus far) behaved very differently from, say, the Duggars. So, while they may forgive him and his family because they have to, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll return to former close relationships or allow Alan back in once he is released.

If he is released. I don't know what Georgia's statutes are for crimes like these, but where I live (NC), that combination of charges could easily land someone in prison for life, especially if the sentences were served sequentially and not concurrently. I once worked with a family where the father had raped two of the children, and he got forty-something years as a plea deal (given his age, he'll probably die in prison). Alan is probably going to be in prison until well after his youngest child turns eighteen (especially if he is foolish enough to demand a trial instead of taking a plea deal), and his terms of release/parole/probation will likely specify that he is not allowed to be around minor children. Any violation of that would send him back to jail and the family into one hell of a smackdown with CPS. 

24 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I suspect that it means that he is not only maintaining his innocence in the face of some pretty damning evidence, he's doing everything he can to avoid facing the legal and spiritual consequences of his actions. 

If he were genuinely repentant, I think that they would feel obligated to forgive him, as fundies tend to see forgiveness as being mandatory. I don't know what forgiveness would mean within the context of this situation, though. We see a lot of fundie enabling of child molesters and other sexual predators on this forum, but the Mortons have (thus far) behaved very differently from, say, the Duggars. So, while they may forgive him and his family because they have to, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll return to former close relationships or allow Alan back in once he is released.

If he is released. I don't know what Georgia's statutes are for crimes like these, but where I live (NC), that combination of charges could easily land someone in prison for life, especially if the sentences were served sequentially and not concurrently. I once worked with a family where the father had raped two of the children, and he got forty-something years as a plea deal (given his age, he'll probably die in prison). Alan is probably going to be in prison until well after his youngest child turns eighteen (especially if he is foolish enough to demand a trial instead of taking a plea deal), and his terms of release/parole/probation will likely specify that he is not allowed to be around minor children. Any violation of that would send him back to jail and the family into one hell of a smackdown with CPS. 

Just by the behavior I've seen on FB, I would say the lines in the sand have been drawn. The Smiths and their children at home seem to be the only ones on Alan's side. While the Mortons and the Smith daughters are on Katie's side. I imagine it's hard to have all your grown daughters estranged from you while your grown son is in jail for child rape. But they chose to support him so it's their choice.  I just hate they seem to have the adopted children brainwashed enough to be on their side.

These people repulse (fascinate) me.

Honestly.

What did the Morton guy post? I don't see anything...

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just by the behavior I've seen on FB, I would say the lines in the sand have been drawn. The Smiths and their children at home seem to be the only ones on Alan's side. While the Mortons and the Smith daughters are on Katie's side. I imagine it's hard to have all your grown daughters estranged from you while your grown son is in jail for child rape. But they chose to support him so it's their choice.  I just hate they seem to have the adopted children brainwashed enough to be on their side.

Are the adopted children truly brainwashed or are they in a situation where they are acutely aware that the people with the power expect them to do and say certain things, and *only* those certain things? I know at least one, maybe two? of the "children" are adults but do they have financial and personal resources that would allow them to move out on their own? They may be trapped.

49 minutes ago, VVV said:

Are the adopted children truly brainwashed or are they in a situation where they are acutely aware that the people with the power expect them to do and say certain things, and *only* those certain things? I know at least one, maybe two? of the "children" are adults but do they have financial and personal resources that would allow them to move out on their own? They may be trapped.

I admit I don't have a ton of sympathy for Wallace and Arman since they seem to be extremely handy and I believe could find work to provide for themselves outside the family. They aren't SAHDs like Madara. I see her as trapped. But the oldest two boys could go out on their own and make it IMO. Wallace always seems to be liking his dad's posts and I think he liked the one Alan wrote. Gross. The little ones are different. I expect them to believe everything their parents say. 

The oldest adopted ones are probably getting a lot more attention now that a large portion of the Smith family is estranged. The two oldest boys might be enjoying it. I am just speculating of course.

I wonder about their grandparents and where they stand regarding Alan. You know, the Smith Grandma is married to the Morton (Cox) Grandpa. The inbreeding of these two families makes this situation even more fucked up.

50 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I wonder about their grandparents and where they stand regarding Alan. You know, the Smith Grandma is married to the Morton (Cox) Grandpa. The inbreeding of these two families makes this situation even more fucked up.

Alan's maternal grandmother (Jacqueline's mom) is named Scarlett Lynde. She's made a few public statements about the situation, all of which were remarkable in the depth and sharpness of her denial. At one point, she criticized the GoFundMe that the family had set up for the victims, and warned her friends not to "believe in that scam", and to just delete it if they saw anything about it. This was well after Alan's arrest, and not long after Katie had given birth to her last child. Considering that the GoFundMe link included a heartbreaking picture of Katie surrounded by her children shortly after the birth, Scarlett's refusal to acknowledge the situation seemed especially callous. 

Jeanine's dad seems to be spending a lot more time with the family, if social media is any indication. I assume that he is supportive for that reason. I'm not sure how many other members of the elder Morton/Smith families are still alive, but the line seems to have been drawn rather firmly in the sand: People with the last name "Smith" and their parents on one side, and everyone else on the other. Bethany is the only real dark horse in the mix. It seems as if some members here mentioned that she had social media contact with the extended family after Alan's crimes came to light. I suspect she may be somewhat caught in the middle since she's the only married Smith who ISN'T a proxy Morton. 

13 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

These people repulse (fascinate) me.

Honestly.

What did the Morton guy post? I don't see anything...

I believe they're saying that John Wright is John Morton. Is Wright his middle name? I haven't followed them much.

7 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

I believe they're saying that John Wright is John Morton. Is Wright his middle name? I haven't followed them much.

Yes it's him.

As entertaining as these Facebook fights are, these people need to stop. It's taking a serious heartbreaking situation and turning it into a circus.

2 hours ago, DaisyD said:

It's really interesting that he (Cap'n) neither responded nor did he remove the comment. Such a horrific situation. And poor Alan was under the weather and his parents prayed him all better.

Blessss himmsss. 

Blechhhh

There was also a post a while ago about moving Jacqueline's mom into a new house.  They have never said anything publicly about whether the two grandparents are still together or not.  But we never see her at the Morton's or with the Mortons.  

Bethany and her husband liked or posted statements on the Smith's posts early on indicating that they supported Katie/the kids but recently they and the rest of the older SMorton kids have not posted anything related to the situation except that Adeline went through a long phase on IG where any picture of Katie's little girls had a hashtag of "my little heroes". 

Reading John's post and seeing that he wrote the name of his own brother-in-law wrong really makes me cringe. I'm not a native english speaker and as most of you have probably noticed before I make lots of mistakes (grammar, pronounciation, comma placement) so I don't want to snark on anyone having some typos in their posts, but come on - Alan and Katie have been married for over ten years and he doesn't get that name right? It isn't THAT complicated. All these Morton kids are so poorly educated and they all are homeschooling their pile of kids. It makes me really mad when I imagine the future for all the grandkids that get their SODRT education and will have even fewer options than their parents, uncles and aunts. You can only hire so many guys in a rural Georgia construction business and they'll have at least 30 little grandsons until Kressy and Co hit menopause. And don't let me even start with the girls who probably will, in good old Morton fashion, be maried off before they hit 22. SICK SICK SICK!

19 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

My husband used to volunteer at a jail. They eventually stopped allowing volunteers because an inmate convinced a guy to send a birthday card to his young daughter him, whome apparently  he abused. The guy didn't know this and was horrified when he found out what happened. He genuinely wanted to help the guy and was completely conned.

IMG_3915.PNG

Dear Lord.  The Smiths as prison visitors.  Doesn't that count as cruel and unusual punishment?

That is a sad story @Grimalkin.  Inmates can be very sneaky indeed.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived