IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

OMFngG.  That is fabulous.  So very fabulous.  The bit around 27:00 where the Fabulous David Waller literally conducts the guests in that hymn is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.  

What are the bridesmaids carrying under their bouquets?  Why does Priscilla's face scrunch up like that?  It looks like she's struggling to form thoughts and/or having a painful bowel movement. 

I believe they are carrying bibles. I thought the bride carried a bible with a small nosegay. My SIL did, with a cover she crocheted herself. The wedding song? Too, Too Much.

And am I ever glad I was not a bridesmaid at that wedding.. standing that long!!

And the MOB and MOG in matching outfits... unfortunately, they were UGLY... but priceless.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that they will soon be engaged, it's been a couple of months or near a couple of months. The Duggars usually do a 3 month courtship. So Joy will get married and soon after that Joseph will be engaged. Then there will either be a lull or someone else will be courting. 

Josh is the only one who really courted three months if I remember right.

The Dills - 4 months

Benessa - 11 months

JinJer - 2 months

JoStin - 5 months

March 8th is when Jessa congratulated them. I would say they could get engaged around then... though I do think they may wait a bit because of Joy's wedding.

Best bet? Between early June and end of summer. 

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I believe they are carrying bibles. I thought the bride carried a bible with a small nosegay. My SIL did, with a cover she crocheted herself. The wedding song? Too, Too Much.

And am I ever glad I was not a bridesmaid at that wedding.. standing that long!!

And the MOB and MOG in matching outfits... unfortunately, they were UGLY... but priceless.

Yes, they were Bibles. The Waller Great Hymen Breach of 2012 was the subject of an 18KAC episode, "Duggars Down the Aisle", and Michelle made a big deal about "what a beautiful testimony" to see the bridesmaids carry Bibles. It was also the episode where TFDW got all excited about getting to see Priscilla in her white dress and how he got to kiss a girl on the lips for the first time. I think it's $1.99 on Google, the best two bucks you'll ever spend! It also shows how TFDW is totally into himself (the banner at the reception with their pictures on it) and Anna being a total Mombie because the wedding time was going to coincide with Mckynzie's nap time. It's funny. 

TFDW really comes off as smug, doesn't he? Also it took SO LONG for Pris to come down the aisle! Really did seem like they were going for royal vibes. Plus all the comparing David to God (not explicitly, but in the vows saying Pris would "submit to David as the spiritual head of our household, as Christ is the spiritual head of the church," and Gothard saying the wedding was a glimpse of the feast to come of Jesus and his bride, the church)? 

No wonder so many fundie men are arrogant jerkwads.

8 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I believe they are carrying bibles. I thought the bride carried a bible with a small nosegay.

You know what's nuts? I misread this as '...they are carrying babies...' ...and it took my brain *far* to long to be surprised at that in the context. :(

On 5/23/2017 at 7:11 AM, Carm_88 said:

I haven't watched it all myself, but I hear David and Priscilla Waller's wedding is prime fundie snarking material! :P 

I don't know if I could watch this whole thing but I got to where the parents of the bride and group are lighting candles together and I immediately noticed that Priscilla's mom and David's mom are wearing the same thing. Did P&D ask them to do that?? Why? Did they pick out the outfit themselves?? Very odd

2 minutes ago, habert said:

I don't know if I could watch this whole thing but I got to where the parents of the bride and group are lighting candles together and I immediately noticed that Priscilla's mom and David's mom are wearing the same thing. Did P&D ask them to do that?? Why? Did they pick out the outfit themselves?? Very odd

Oh David Waller is all about the matching. I wouldn't be shocked if he told them to match. :P 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh David Waller is all about the matching. I wouldn't be shocked if he told them to match. :P 

The procession was god damn ENDLESS. And they stop right before the bride to chat with the groom ENDLESSLY. I would have been asleep in a hot Florida church god

56 minutes ago, Casserole said:

but WHY does every married couple need a website? 

I don't get it. 

Because they are so Godly and special, and to show the world that they are proud of their "traditional" marriage. Besides, where else can they post and share their 10,000 word "how Jesus brought us together and our magical courtship and marriage proposal" drivel?

20 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

Damn.

Years of lurking attempting to tame my sass and I made it 4 posts before being sent to the prayer closet. 

Welcome to FJ! We love sass! And, don't worry about being sent to the prayer closet.... that's where we keep the good treats (gluten free cookies for me). Lol 

Remember- Stay Classy, Be Sassy, and a little bit Bad Assy! 

I forgot how funny TFDW's wedding, and him singing was. :pb_lol: I remember the Duggar episode of it because they tried really  hard to make it about themselves. 

You know what's nuts? I misread this as '...they are carrying babies...' ...and it took my brain *far* to long to be surprised at that in the context. [emoji20]

I read it the exact same way! Lol

I forgot that this was the wedding where Josh kissed Anna before they walked down the aisle, where he couldn't let his SIL get all of the attention.

13 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I forgot that this was the wedding where Josh kissed Anna before they walked down the aisle, where he couldn't let his SIL get all of the attention.

Don't you know?  If a married couple does not make an overkill public display of affection, people might forget they are married and the marriage will become invalid!  It is VERY important to ALWAYS kiss, touch, hump, etc. your partner in front of AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE so that your marriage remains viable and godly!

I wonder if Joe is allowed a smartphone yet - how crazy, he can start Courting a girl before he's allowed a phone with internet access - just completely f-ed up.  And I guess once he's married, it'll be only joint social media for him.  I'm glad that he at least got the most "freedom" any unmarried Duggarling has had so far, with that year at Clown College, but wow, sad he just came straight back to the fold, and now will likely never leave, impregnating his teen bride on schedule so she'll likely have at least 6 kids before she's 30 - being conservative about it..... 

Ugh, I'm depressing myself....

26 minutes ago, Lurky said:

impregnating his teen bride on schedule so she'll likely have at least 6 kids before she's 30 - being conservative about it..... 

LOLZZ!!

6 kids? C'mon, you know better...

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

What is Priscilla doing with her face? Squinting adoration?!

Ooooo there's a potential post count - or at very least a casual Sunday sport. Mr MIO's asleep right now, but I can't wait to try it on him.

17 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Ooooo there's a potential post count - or at very least a casual Sunday sport. Mr MIO's asleep right now, but I can't wait to try it on him.

The poor girl looks like she is very, very near-sighted and can barely see her burgeoning lordship. I hope she got some contacts or glasses. :laughing-rollingred:

Joe and Kendra make me legit cringe because she looks like a child. I'd place her at 14-15 years old if I didn't know her age. I've always had a bit of a soft spot (as far as soft spots go) for Joseph, along with Jinger and Josiah. Dude, wait. Find a girl that isn't a teenager. I'm sorry you couldn't land a Bates daughter but wait. lol

To me Kendra looked way older than 18 in the videos, maybe it was all that makeup. 

And I hope this doesn't come off mean, but her face has this puffyness to it, like she is on steroids (its called moon face) 

Moon face comes with a lot of medical conditions. Ask anyone who is hypothyroid! 

I just feel for tyhem in not being able meet people or to marry outside their little circle. 

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I forgot how funny TFDW's wedding, and him singing was. :pb_lol: 

Priscilla was lucky she wasn't smacked in the face while David was conducting.

7 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

6 kids? C'mon, you know better...

You're so right - but when I originally typed "9 or 10" I felt even worse!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived