IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

29 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

How much negative backlash has he recieved so far? Surely this will cross over to mainstream media at some point. That's really when he's gonna get his assed served on a silver platter! Tom Cruise did the same thing to Brooke Shields after she admitted to taking meds to help with her PPD. He later apologized when his wife Katie gave birth.

I kind of doubt it. Tom Cruise was a major celebrity, but no one cares about Jeremy Vuolo. People magazine only uses the Duggars for wedding and baby photos, and the internet tabloids publish so much junk that I think only the most avid celebrity gossipers really pay attention to them.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleh, I missed the Jeremy and depression thing. Sounds like my parents and a lot of the church in general, though. My mom made me feel like I was depressed because I wasn't praying hard enough or reading the Bible enough. I've  been out of their house and married for several years now, and just don't talk about my mental health with them anymore. Thank goodness my husband at least gets it and is not moron about it.

The church I go to now did an emotional health series that encouraged seeking help, but as long as it's from a Christian counselor (which I would not do). Praying and being spiritual can be a good temporary bandaid for some but it  usually won't fix the real issues in the long run.

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

How much negative backlash has he recieved so far? Surely this will cross over to mainstream media at some point. That's really when he's gonna get his assed served on a silver platter! Tom Cruise did the same thing to Brooke Shields after she admitted to taking meds to help with her PPD. He later apologized when his wife Katie gave birth.

Probably not much, this line of thinking that all mental illness is in your head BS is standard preaching in most christian churches. Because the illness cannot be seen in anyway it is perceived to be  weakness on the sufferers part. The more fundy you go the more they think it is because you are sinful person and the only way out is total redemption. This is why there is still so much stigma on mental illness and why so many conservatives view it as a cop out for doing bad things.  I have a friend from high school who is very conservative and in her years in law enforcement she's deemed that there is no mental illness only asshole criminals on drugs.   This is a woman who suffers from SEVERE anxiety, depression and control issues, but she doesn't if you ask her. After one of her rants about 'criminals getting off easy with an insanity defense and all this mental illness bull shit, that is all in their heads." I looked at her and said "Exactly" she was like what? I said exactly it is in their heads, their BRAINS are sick, they are broken, just because YOU can't see it doesn't mean it isn't real.  I then told her about a recent hospitalization for a HUGE  panic attack and major depression, and how I was having to take more medications for it. I asked do you think I'm making this stuff up? Do you think I really want to kill myself because I'm pathetic and fail at everything, do you think that I make up spiraling into hysterics and passing out because the future is doomed and we are all going to die or be enslaved  (I'm tell you my mind is SCARY ass place) she said no of that will happen, I said probably not, but when I get to thinking like that I can't stop, it is impossible for me to stop, I don't want to think that but I don't know how NOT to. That is my brain, it is broken, you wouldn't tell me it was all in my head if I broke my leg would you? No you'd see the physical manifestation of my injury, just because you can't see that in a person who is mentally ill doesn't make it any less real. 

Just now, SassyPants said:

I never had any thought that Bert from Sesame Street was ever going to free Jinger.

Of course not, he and his gay lover Ernie, are far to busy being ebil gays and brainwashing young children with promises of rubber duckies and twin beds. 

OHHH, you mean Jeremy, my bad.

The Duggars generally are not models of health behaviors, especially when it comes to diet and exercise, but whether or not they take multivitamins is a terrible metric for their concern with health. There is no evidence to support the need to daily multivitamins for the average person. Prenatal vitamins are important for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, and other people may need to take supplements to treat specific vitamin deficiencies, but the average person consuming a reasonable diet is going to get everything they need through the food they consume.

Concerning vitamins, everyone in my family, (husband, two kids, and myself) are vitamin D deficient. I have no idea why. We eat healthily and we get out in the sun as much as we can. My daughter and I are both deficient in B12. I also have hypothyroidism which can cause a deficiency in both D and B12. My daughter does not have hypothyroidism, but I'm worried this is a sign that she is going to get it. My doctor told me most Americans are deficient in at least D if not more vitamins. My guess is the lousy diet most Americans have but then again I try to eat healthily and look at my deficiencies. My husband is a diabetic and he eats very healthily. I don't get it. As for the Duggars, pass the tater tot casserole. 

As for Jeremy, I use to think that maybe he was ok but that mental illness statement has me quite unhappy! I was reared in that type of church that all you needed to do was pray. If you did need counseling then you went to the pastor or an elder. All that crap almost killed me. I had suicide thoughts constantly. I attempted once after the birth of my second child. I had bad postpartum. I have knife scars in my arm to this day. I'm so glad my husband woke up that day and it was the start of our journey in leaving that life behind. 

21 minutes ago, mpheels said:

The Duggars generally are not models of health behaviors, especially when it comes to diet and exercise, but whether or not they take multivitamins is a terrible metric for their concern with health. There is no evidence to support the need to daily multivitamins for the average person. Prenatal vitamins are important for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, and other people may need to take supplements to treat specific vitamin deficiencies, but the average person consuming a reasonable diet is going to get everything they need through the food they consume.

Idk if this is till true for most Americans- Many of our fruits and vegetables are tainted with poisons and the FDA seems to not give one fig about what is marketed as "food" in our country. In other places, this might be true, but I'm not sure about the stuff sold in many parts of the US.

Do all countries have the "Dirty Dozen"?

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do all countries have the "Dirty Dozen"?

I think so, I pay attention to it. Many European countries get fruits and veggies imported from Spain and they're not exactly known to be clean. I try to buy local and organic as much as I can. I do believe the US is a whole different calibre when it comes to pesticides from what I heard but I am no expert.  

4 minutes ago, faraway said:

I think so, I pay attention to it. Many European countries get fruits and veggies imported from Spain and they're not exactly known to be clean. I try to buy local and organic as much as I can. I do believe the US is a whole different calibre when it comes to pesticides from what I heard but I am no expert.  

To my knowledge, the most major produce exporters in the world have similar abysmal pesticide records as the US- although that's changing. To me, where the US seems to fail in particular is prioritizing the appearance of produce so high- like, over quality and flavor. I just bought some lemons imported from the US (they're out of season where I am), and I can't believe how amazingly lemon-shaped and lemon-scented they are! Haha, sounds weird, but I'm so used to them being bumpy dusty things.

As far as the Duggars go, I'm sure their diet was abysmal 10+ years ago, and it was just portion sizes that saved them a host of issues (sadly). But I'm no doctor, and not one to knock GMOs and USDA-approved food ingredients or whatever else. In any case, they seem to have gotten a lot healthier- but fundie royalty seems to lean "crunchy" in any case, so that might have happened over time in any case.

1 hour ago, Jaedzia said:

Concerning vitamins, everyone in my family, (husband, two kids, and myself) are vitamin D deficient. I have no idea why. We eat healthily and we get out in the sun as much as we can. My daughter and I are both deficient in B12. I also have hypothyroidism which can cause a deficiency in both D and B12. My daughter does not have hypothyroidism, but I'm worried this is a sign that she is going to get it. My doctor told me most Americans are deficient in at least D if not more vitamins. My guess is the lousy diet most Americans have but then again I try to eat healthily and look at my deficiencies. My husband is a diabetic and he eats very healthily. I don't get it. As for the Duggars, pass the tater tot casserole. 

As for Jeremy, I use to think that maybe he was ok but that mental illness statement has me quite unhappy! I was reared in that type of church that all you needed to do was pray. If you did need counseling then you went to the pastor or an elder. All that crap almost killed me. I had suicide thoughts constantly. I attempted once after the birth of my second child. I had bad postpartum. I have knife scars in my arm to this day. I'm so glad my husband woke up that day and it was the start of our journey in leaving that life behind. 

considering most of the foods we eat are processed, most of the nutrition is processed out of it, and man made vitamin pills are not not absorbed as well as the nutrients from the actual source. It also depends on when or the vitamin is taken, with or with out food, what are you drinking when you take it? All of that effects absorption, so even if you are taking a multi it may be doing little to no good. I'm Vit. D deficient I take 20,000 IU a day and have for years, I'm STILL deficient, I really need to push the issue with my doctor to see what I can do to boost it.

1 hour ago, faraway said:

Sorry, what the hell? Do you honestly think the union would even allow the exportation if everything wasn't clean?

Actually, the big companies that export are held to the most agressive health and enviromental standard, and usually small "organic" farmers are totally full of shit and use an insane amount of pesticides and other practices that are really ill-recomended from an enviroment conservation point of view

It's so weird you all are bringing up vitamin D deficiency. I recently got tested for it for the first time at the age of 47, and turns out I am also deficient. My doctor put me on a regiment of 20,000 IU a day (I think? I don't even remember even though I take it everyday!) and I'm being tested again next month (after 6 months) to see if I need to go higher.

I do see an improvement in my mood/state of mind/anxiety. Which was the reason for the test. I'm on ADs and still wasn't feeling right so we raised that dose and started the vitamin D. With all my doctor visits for depression and anxiety, this was the first time ANYone mentioned vitamin D to me.

For me, it made sense that I'd be deficient. I'm light-skinned, live in the Midwest and don't seek out time in the sun.

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

considering most of the foods we eat are processed, most of the nutrition is processed out of it

This doesn't make sense to me. If most of the foods we eat are processed, and most of the nutrition is processed out of them, we should all be suffering from serious nutritional deficiencies, but we're not. When was the last time you met someone with rickets or scurvy? 

42 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Has this photo of Jinjer been discussed? https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/03/27/duggar-jinger-vuolo-pregnancy-pregnant-baby/22013911/

If not, it does look like she has a tiny bump bc of the way the buttons are sitting on her shirt. So she might be knocked up.

Yes, I shared that in the last thread and asked if anyone else thought it was a bump too.

11 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Has this photo of Jinjer been discussed?

Endlessly.  On the last thread.

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Sorry, what the hell? Do you honestly think the union would even allow the exportation if everything wasn't clean?

Actually, the big companies that export are held to the most agressive health and enviromental standard, and usually small "organic" farmers are totally full of shit and use an insane amount of pesticides and other practices that are really ill-recomended from an enviroment conservation point of view

Excuse me? There are no limits for mixed pesticides in the EU as opposed to individual ones, that's not what I call "aggressive environmental standards". I don't know anyone who would eat their apples or tomatoes unwashed for good reasons. Many kinds of conventional produce contain residue of pesticides. 

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Are you saying that all organic labeling is a lie? Are you talking about Spain, America, or everywhere? 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This doesn't make sense to me. If most of the foods we eat are processed, and most of the nutrition is processed out of them, we should all be suffering from serious nutritional deficiencies, but we're not. When was the last time you met someone with rickets or scurvy? 

Because we still do eat some fresh foods, but I recall reading some articles about rickets and scurvy being on the rise around the country. Some people aren't eating well rounded diets, and are existing on processed foods, fresh fruits and veggies are expensive and junk food is cheap and easy.  I over stated/simplified my post by saying only, considering most of the foods we eat are processed, most of the nutrition is processed out of it  I should have added we also eat fresh fruits and veggies, but not everyone eats enough causing health issues that we haven't seen in  generations. 

I've had severe depression to the point that I actually had a plan to commit suicide and even wrote the goodbye note to my parents. I backed out at the last second.

I can not put into words how dangerous, ignorant, uninformed, harmful and wrong Jeremy's words are. What a fucking idiot, pardon my French. 

It was not "jesus" that helped me, it was medical and psychiatric intervention and treatment that helped me. 

I hope this ends up viral and he gets smacked the fuck down with some actual facts. 

22 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I've had severe depression to the point that I actually had a plan to commit suicide and even wrote the goodbye note to my parents. I backed out at the last second.

I can not put into words how dangerous, ignorant, uninformed, harmful and wrong Jeremy's words are. What a fucking idiot, pardon my French. 

It was not "jesus" that helped me, it was medical and psychiatric intervention and treatment that helped me. 

I hope this ends up viral and he gets smacked the fuck down with some actual facts. 

I'm happy you and your amazing user name are still around. :)

:hug:@LawsonBatesEgo thank you for sharing that. I have a daughter who went through something similar. While she's on our prayer list at church, she also got good mental health counseling and medication. I have no issues with prayer, but don't blame the person who is suffering by telling them they need to confess their sins and embrace Jesus. Anyway hugs to you. 

@LawsonBatesEgo Bless your sweet soul. 

Am I wrong or is Jeremy not the only fundie type preacher who says this exact thing. Wouldn't Jboob and Meechelle say the same. Or maybe I am wrong. 

Professional help is essential. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived