IGNORED

Three Wives, One Husband

On 3/26/2017 at 6:53 PM, FundieFarmer said:

34 wives would be Warren Jeffs level (though I believe he had more toward the end).

Rumor is he has 70. He took a bunch of his dad's after he died, and handed the rest out to other men. Here's a picture of 50 of Warren's wives...

flds-stepfordwives1.jpg

On 4/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, FundieFarmer said:

Damn. That's a loss. I really liked that tumblr. I wonder what happened.

That really sucks. That one was the only reason I was on Tumblr. 

I love this show!  The wives are so much more worldly than you would expect. I haven't seen a lot of modesty, and the language from some of the wives is surprising!

Has anybody else tried to access the Tumblr in the OP? I followed it maybe a few weeks ago and decided to watch the series before I dove into the Tumblr, but now it appears to have been taken down completely. I might just be bad at Tumblr, but even a Google search doesn't turn anything up...

It was a great resource, tagged and annotated, for identifying members of the various fundamentalist Mormon sects. There were genealogies, pictures, news updates. I'm sure those of you in this subforum are familiar with it. However, it seems to have disappeared. Did the blogger move to another platform, did it get DCMA'd? Was there an announcement?

On 25.3.2017 at 6:36 PM, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I was surprised to hear it was her third or fourth broken courtship. I hope she doesn't make another appearance later in the series saying she changed her mind and now ready to marry.

That's unfortunately exactly what happened. 

38 minutes ago, faraway said:

That's unfortunately exactly what happened. 

Oh :(

I've not had a minute to watch properly, but I hope she's happy.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, Jencendiary said:

It was a great resource, tagged and annotated, for identifying members of the various fundamentalist Mormon sects. There were genealogies, pictures, news updates. I'm sure those of you in this subforum are familiar with it. However, it seems to have disappeared. Did the blogger move to another platform, did it get DCMA'd? Was there an announcement?

I can't find anything about it being moved! It seems to have been taken down with no notice at all. Which SUCKS. 

5 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

I can't find anything about it being moved! It seems to have been taken down with no notice at all. Which SUCKS. 

No. I meant my post, which started out as its own thread with a title that indicated which website I was talking about has been moved to two separate threads on topics I had no participation in.

10 minutes ago, Jencendiary said:

No. I meant my post, which started out as its own thread with a title that indicated which website I was talking about has been moved to two separate threads on topics I had no participation in.

Oh which site were you talking about?

51 minutes ago, Jencendiary said:

The politicsrusprinciple tumblr.

Oh okay. So it was probably merged because we had already been talking about it here. 

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Breaking( but really week old) news,  the Foster family had a tragic house fire and the toddler Adonijah was killed from smoke inhalation, the mother Lillian and his sisters were injured attempting to rescue him.  His mother was airlifted and is currently hospitalized and said to be in  "shock and catatonic."   

The odd part is it was the middle of the day, the toddler was napping and the fire started in his room, so the cause is not very clear at this point.  

Unfortunately, because of the way they set up their lives,  they have no homeowners insurance,  and I am guessing no medical insurance, so even with the gofundme,  I can't imagine the cost won't be astronomical,  just the medical helicopter ride to the remote location alone would be enormous.

The funeral is scheduled for Sunday.

http://kutv.com/news/local/2-year-old-dies-from-smoke-inhalation-after-house-fire-in-san-juan-county

The Ashely has said that he was caught earlier in the day playing with matches. He then somehow still had them while napping? 

I posted this in the new thread as well. Didn’t immediately realize this thread existed.

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/04/18/adonijah-foster-child-born-on-three-wives-one-husband-dies-in-tragic-house-fire/

That is heartbreaking. 

How old was he? Kids are good at stashing things. They probably took the matches he had, and maybe even looked around for more, but he'd hidden some.

My boy was a bit of a fire bug in elementary school. Luckily when he lit some paper towels on fire in the bathroom at school, he did it in the sink. I was horrified, but every man I've ever told this story to has then related to me the way they learned about fire. My dad and his brother burned down a pasture (luckily there were no horses, but they almost got caught in it).

After this incident, I searched his whole room everywhere I could think of. I didn't find anything until a year later when we were rearranging his furniture.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:33 AM, DaisyD said:

Kids are good at stashing things.

When staying at my daughter's house this winter, her 5 year old hid my lighter (which was outside, of course!). 

I mentioned the lighter was gone, then the adorable 5 year old grandson went and retrieved it from his room.... the casual approach to this .... no biggie, this wasn't going to be a Bigger Deal later, just got me riled up. 

A - don't take other people's things and B - don't hide a lighter in your room.  You are 5.

And Grandma, stay at a lighter-friendly, adults-only hotel if you want to use a lighter.  Lesson learned.

• 11 months later...

Archived