IGNORED

Three Wives, One Husband

Wow another poligamy family...why all these poligamy show? Wath's happen?  They want to preach to us that poligamy is the best way to live? 

I saw this last week.  I'm glad Lydia called off the courtship. I was not surprised though, she was not into it. The hubby was so desperate for a cooking /domestic wife.

I thought it was just a one-off episode, didn't know it was a series. I'll try remember to tune in ( I have a terrible memory). Last week, I had planned to watch this when I saw it listed in the tv guide, but completely forgot about it. I was half-watching Netflix instead when I noticed it was trending on Twitter, so I managed to catch it on +1.

30 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I saw this last week.  I'm glad Lydia called off the courtship. I was not surprised though, she was not into it. The hubby was so desperate for a cooking /domestic wife.

I thought it was just a one-off episode, didn't know it was a series. I'll try remember to tune in ( I have a terrible memory). Last week, I had planned to watch this when I saw it listed in the tv guide, but completely forgot about it. I was half-watching Netflix instead when I noticed it was trending on Twitter, so I managed to catch it on +1.

She didn't seem that into him, truth be told. 

I don't know how many episodes it will be, but it does follow them for a while! 

I was surprised to hear it was her third or fourth broken courtship. I hope she doesn't make another appearance later in the series saying she changed her mind and now ready to marry.

The second wife was not a bit happy about having a new addition, she couldn't conceal her delight when Lydia was hesitating and taking time to think on it. I thought it was weird when the husband gathered the children to ask them if they agreed to add Lydia to the family. That one lil boy saying 'No' was repeatedly asked until he agreed.

Did I mishear or misunderstand I am certain Lydia said her mom had been one of 34 wives. I am hoping I misheard but also would not be surprised if she had said so.

15 hours ago, brokenminded said:

Did I mishear or misunderstand I am certain Lydia said her mom had been one of 34 wives. I am hoping I misheard but also would not be surprised if she had said so.

I just watched it and think she said her grandfather had 4 wives and her mom was the oldest of the 36 kids...but I could also be wrong. Is it just me or does Lydia look like she could pass as the younger sister of the first wife?

36 kids does make more sense than 36 wives, although either sounds like a terrible scenario. There truly is only so much time and love to go around and nothing about either scenario sounds like it wouldn't have been pleasant for anyone.

34 wives would be Warren Jeffs level (though I believe he had more toward the end). I'll have to learn more about the Rockland Ranch community. It'll be interesting to learn about another group. Thanks for the heads up!

Tonight's episode shocked me. To think Abel may take on his dead brother's two widows as wives! I'm floored. And absolutely hooked.

And if they have children with Abel they will be the dead brothers children in gods eyes. That part throw me for a loop. Also the three years of self sufficiency thing, I'd heard about mormons keeping a three month stock of food but three years?

I watched the first episode yesterday and I felt really with that one pregnant wife and when the other two wives said that they don't really like her and only spend time with her because she's married to their husband :/ 

3 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

I watched the first episode yesterday and I felt really with that one pregnant wife and when the other two wives said that they don't really like her and only spend time with her because she's married to their husband :/ 

Yikes.  Is this show available to watch online for free?

4 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

There's a youtube link in the first post in this topic ;) 

Thanks.  Somehow I missed it.  

I have just spotted this on channel 4 now, so have gone back to watch the first episode.

" I know people who have 7, 8 wives and are still functional" 

I wonder how the children feel about having to share their father with more mother/wives and more children?

9 minutes ago, JabberJabber said:

I have just spotted this on channel 4 now, so have gone back to watch the first episode.

" I know people who have 7, 8 wives and are still functional" 

Still functional. What a ringing commendation.

I watched the second episode last night. It was even more shocking, yet intriguing that the previous week.

That Abel and his many un-merry wives - what a miserable mopey foursome they make. These gals sure don't keep 'sweet'! 

Wife no.3 was bad enough, but then wife no.2 joined in the misery and hate fest. The bitchy, jealous grumpiness was epic in this family. Only no.1 seemed to be ok with it all and happy enough (or at least getting on with it).

It was completely baffling how Abel could consider adding his brother's 2 widows and all their kids to his already chaotic cluster-f* family.

It was funny when he was buying 3 Valentine cards though, and the check out lady was trying to work out if he had a lot of mistresses in different towns.

On 3/30/2017 at 11:26 PM, Irishy said:

Tonight's episode shocked me. To think Abel may take on his dead brother's two widows as wives! I'm floored. And absolutely hooked.

I really felt for Marina, who was already struggling the most with just being one of four. And Beth wasn't thrilled.

I like that the woman in the headstone place just rolled with it and helped them choose a gravestone.

I was really hoping to get more details on this show and some interviews I had heard recently from the politicsrusprinciple tumblr but it seems to have been shut down. :(

Anyone else having trouble watching it on the channel 4 website? I can't watch the youtube because it's a super small corner and the sound is weird.

On 4/7/2017 at 8:15 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Anyone else having trouble watching it on the channel 4 website? I can't watch the youtube because it's a super small corner and the sound is weird.

Channel 4 doesn't let you watch if you have any kind of adblocker in place, which is super annoying

I was really hoping to get more details on this show and some interviews I had heard recently from the politicsrusprinciple tumblr but it seems to have been shut down. [emoji20]

Damn. That's a loss. I really liked that tumblr. I wonder what happened.

1 hour ago, FundieFarmer said:

Damn. That's a loss. I really liked that tumblr. I wonder what happened.

Yeah, I'm really sad about it. It was such a good resource. I noticed it down on April 1st and was hoping it was a prank of some kind, but no such luck. 

Archived