IGNORED

OK State Rep says rape and incest are the ‘will of God’

47of74

Another asshole Republican from Oklahoma living down to the party's reputation

rawstory.com/2017/03/watch-oklahoma-state-rep-says-rape-and-incest-are-the-will-of-god-in-abortion-bill-hearing/#.WNMse1MLFcs.twitter

Williams followed up, asking if incest is the “will of God.”

“Same answer. Doesn’t deal with this bill,” Faught said. Williams argued that the questions matter to the legislation, given that Faught was unwilling to make exceptions in the case of rape or incest. “You are proffering a divine intervention as the reason why you won’t do that and so I think it is very important.”

“This body wants to know — and myself personally — whether you believe rape and incest are actually the will of God,” Williams questioned.

“It’s a great question to ask,” said Faught. “And, obviously if it happens in someone’s life, it may not be the best thing that ever happened, but — so you’re saying that God is not sovereign with every activity that happens in someone’s life and can’t use anything and everything in someone’s life and I disagree with that.”

"...it may not be the best thing that ever happened..." Seriously? These people are making me stabby. I don't like wishing bad things on people, but I wouldn't shed a tear if this shitweasel had to spend a year behind bars in a crappy jail where he could experience the "will of God" as delivered by Bubba and his buddies. How dare he trivialize the pain victims go through.

Another asshole Republican from Oklahoma living down to the party's reputation
rawstory.com/2017/03/watch-oklahoma-state-rep-says-rape-and-incest-are-the-will-of-god-in-abortion-bill-hearing/#.WNMse1MLFcs.twitter
Williams followed up, asking if incest is the “will of God.”
“Same answer. Doesn’t deal with this bill,” Faught said. Williams argued that the questions matter to the legislation, given that Faught was unwilling to make exceptions in the case of rape or incest. “You are proffering a divine intervention as the reason why you won’t do that and so I think it is very important.”
“This body wants to know — and myself personally — whether you believe rape and incest are actually the will of God,” Williams questioned.
“It’s a great question to ask,” said Faught. “And, obviously if it happens in someone’s life, it may not be the best thing that ever happened, but — so you’re saying that God is not sovereign with every activity that happens in someone’s life and can’t use anything and everything in someone’s life and I disagree with that.”

I can't even. I've never been a republican, but this current crop should be ashamed of themselves. Once upon a time, there were decent humans running as republicans.

Well, good for you and your God I guess, if you think that rape and incest is all fine and dandy.

People like you will thankfully become rarer and rarer until you become extinct. This is a different time, one where man as supreme being and the idea of Dominionism is no longer attractive, reasonable or good. Underlings will no longer defer to people like you - those underlings will rise up and be their own people. These people include women and children.And they won't stand anymore for rape and incest being okay because God's will.

HuffPo has chimed in on the subject, with an additional, written statement by Faught:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oklahoma-abortion-bill-god-rape-incest_us_58d33663e4b0b22b0d19cb53

Faught also sent the station a written statement. 

“Life, no matter how it is conceived, is valuable and something to be protected. Let me be clear, God never approves of rape or incest,” the station quoted him as saying. “However, even in the worst circumstances, God can bring beauty from ashes.”

Yeah, right. So this god of yours causes rape or incest to happen (he is sovrereign after all) and then says, well, oopsie, well, here's a life to take care of as compensation. Ain't it pretty? Oh, you didn't want it? Oops again...

Will it be God's will if someone hits him upside the head with a giant hammer? Find some beauty in those ashes, asshole.

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

HuffPo has chimed in on the subject, with an additional, written statement by Faught:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oklahoma-abortion-bill-god-rape-incest_us_58d33663e4b0b22b0d19cb53

Yeah, right. So this god of yours causes rape or incest to happen (he is sovrereign after all) and then says, well, oopsie, well, here's a life to take care of as compensation. Ain't it pretty? Oh, you didn't want it? Oops again...

It's just as if not more stupid as Todd Akin and his crap and how the body supposedly prevented pregnancy in cases of rape or incest.

(Our local reich to life leader at the time was acting as Akin's local repeater of that stupidity too). 

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Because I must - WTF Oklahoma?????

That's what made me move away from there eventually. I escaped from a fundie cult in Nebraska, to friends in OK... and then realized one day that "escaping to Oklahoma" was an unhealthy oxymoron in my life.

I can't see Oklahoma without wanting to sing it (anyone else remember the musical?)

So, to parody... "Oooooo-klahoma, where the wind goes whistling through your brain"

Archived