IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

The consensus is underwhelming regarding the B&B. A business plan is a good idea, ack, I agree with Kody.

And 4000 tacos? WTF! Will there be no other food? 

I agree that a religion that won't have my spouse won't have me.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youngest MM is marrying this year, and NONE of his parents/steps/grands/siblings are touring ANY of their potential venues.  They can figure that shit out and let us know.

PART SIX - Dear God, we’re still at wedding venue #1

- Is there going to be another two hours for the other two??

- “Let’s keep it simple”, with a taco stand - “keeps it cheap”, but also goes with their “culture” . . . I’m leaning towards it’s a bit more about the budget than anything else lol.  Sidenote: hubby and I had a poor man’s wedding, the struggle is real, no judgement here!

- There’s like a ten minute discussion about how important taco’s are, and who can make it (outside vs. inside catering), Kody is still shell shocked by the amount of people being invited.  And it’s about 40$ a plate per person, and so it’ll be 16k just.for.the.food. :pb_eek:

- Kody’s like, “We’ll be close to maxing out the budget.”  Like HOLYSHITBALLS what is the budget??

- Christine shrieks, “Tony is being OuTrAgEoUs!!”

- Kody is going on about how he’s not so sure he can really say “no” though without her pulling the “You didn’t do that with Madison’s wedding!” - which, what little we’ve seen of Mykelti, that might be an accurate fear.

- Mild suggestion of “who’s going to officiant?”  Kody, or someone else.  But hmmm, Mykelti ain’t spilling it yet!  Though she definitely has someone “specific” in mind.

- She’s got 24 hours to decide if she wants the wedding venue, or another one

- Mykelti says IF she goes with this wedding venue, it would be because of the coordinator.  Tony says “Tanya” the wedding venue lady is “on point”

- Before heading to the second wedding venue, Mykelti and Tony are heading for a “pit stop” at Mykelti’s job site.  Chris, her boss, is her “second dad” (and this "influential person in their lives"), and they’re going to ask him to marry them.

- He says he would, and would be “honored”

- Now onto the awkward discussion where Chris asks if anybody has talked to them about the “Birds and bees” *eyeroll*

- Chris gives some insight into how Mykelti wasn’t allowed to officially join the LDS church, and sidenote: you know that was pretty “punishing the child for the sins of the father”-bullshit.  

- But she feels like she can still join him in most of the religious practices

COMMERCIAL BREAK - and (maybe) Meri confessing to the B&B?

I’ve seen bits about Sister Wives. I get confused; what religion are they??

PART SEVEN - Still at the wedding venues . . .

- They announce Chris being the officiant, right before going into the second venue

- Kody is totally fine with it

- They all think Mykelti will eventually join the LDS eventually

- “Kimber” is the next venue coordinator

- The second site probably ain’t going to be able to fit like 400 people on it

- Tony suggests “10 tacos” per person

- Cutaway to Christine shrieking, “He’s CrAzY!”

- Wow . . . Kimber suggests everyone can go get ready in the “restroom” . . . um, no lady

- Mykelti wants to try to fit herself, and her EIGHT bridesmaids into a 7x7 bathroom stall to practice for the real deal . . . I can’t make this up people

- Tony pretends to be a “girl” and says, “I need a tampon”, and someone shouts, “Don’t say TaMpOn!!” (I suspect Christine)

- Yeah . . . they are now quickly moving onto the third venue!

COMMERCIAL BREAK . . . when the heck is Meri confessing??

1 minute ago, mango_fandango said:

I think essentially Mormon, but the mainstream LDS church absolutely does not support plural marriage, so they must belong to some subset or something. That is why they won’t accept Mykelti. They are now careful about the plural marriage thing and completely disassociate from it, LDS does.

27 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

Sidenote: does this mean, that the Mormon church won’t recognize Tony’s wedding, because Mykelti was denied becoming a member (which yikes, that’s kinda sad).

They will recognize the wedding. Plenty of members are married to non-members and their marriages are considered perfectly valid. The difference is that they are not allowed to be sealed in the temple and, in the eyes of the LDS church, the couple is not considered sealed for eternity.

Ah OK. There are so many sects and denominations and whatnot within Christianity it’s impossible to keep up. Even within sects/things like ATI/IBLP people do things differently.

PART EIGHT - third wedding venue!!

- heading to “The Falls”, the most “popular wedding venue in St. George”

- Spoiler alert: I’m pretty sure they’re going to pick the first one, because the third one can only hold 300.

- Tony says in the cutaway that this place was made for the “small, elegant parties”, not the “fun, loud, thumping parties”.  Okayyyy.

- But hey, at least this place has actual r-o-o-m-s for the wedding party to get dressed in :my_biggrin:

- Mykelti jokes(?) that she planned on playing video games with Tony (before, or after) the ceremony.  The wives are aghast :pb_lol:

- Tony explains he now also wants pinatas . . . life size versions of each other, and they can “beat each other” up first, before allowing guests to do it, too.  Which I agree with Kody, it’s “macabre” and weird y’all :8U:

- Now they’re outside, and asking which venue they should choose: and DRUMROLL, it’s the first one!!  

- Kody is in the cutaway talking about all the things they learned during this venue shopping (the number of guests, the catering, the food costs, etc.) - which really blows that neither Tony, nor Mykelti shared that info beforehand.

COMMERCIAL BREAK . . . is Meri EVER going to share the confession??

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

On the show they have referred to themselves as Fundamentalist Mormons. I did a quick search to make sure I wasn’t imagining it and found this: https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/oct/16/q-kody-brown-and-his-sister-wives/

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

They were members of the Apostolic United Brethren (AUB) a fundamentalist Mormon sect that still practices polygamy. But there were claims in early 2017 that they have been kicked out due to the TV show and the catfishing scandal. I've linked to the radaronline article but there are obvious inaccuracies. They claim that "Indeed, viewers will recall seeing Maddie Brown try to get baptized in the Church on the show in 2015. But instead, she was sent a rejection letter that said her family was too public, and for her to find a home in the church, she’d have to disown them!" but this was the LDS refusing to baptize Maddie not the AUB, so take the story with a grain of salt.

https://radaronline.com/videos/sister-wives-church-kicked-out-home-practicing-prayer/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_United_Brethren 

PART NINE(?!) . . . Please, for the love of God, let Meri confess so we can end this episode!

- MERI IS FINALLY CONFESSING

- She’s super nervous, and fumbling around . . . alright guys, let’s bring it on!

- Kody says he has no clue what this gathering is about

- Janelle says she wishes they’d stop “calling these gatherings, because it gives me anxiety.”

- Christine says it’s a bit dramatic, and you know when Christine calls it dramatic, then dam-um people

- Shocker!  Nobody at first seems excited, well okay, maybe Christine

- But turns, in her cutaway, out that’s because she secretly always wanted to open a B&B as well (spoiler alert Christine, your mom gets to live out the dream!)

- Once Meri shares it’s her grandmother’s house, Janelle seems a bit more excited about it

- Kody’s first reaction in his head, which he apologizes for is, “What value is this for us?”

- Janelle recognizes how much Meri is “sparkling” for this, and how it’s been a long time since she’s seen that for her - so she’s okay with it

- Meri shares about Annie living there, and Christine is excited, because now with Truely being in Kindergarten, her mother would love something more to keep her busy

- Kody is trying to tackle the hard questions, and ask the direct questions about the business and the consultations that Meri’s been receiving (you know, the legitimate questions)

- The wives try to distract him by talking about his abs

- Meri gets down to the business, and asks for a vote on the financial support

- All the wives are okay with it, but Kody wants more time to talk business, and look at the business plan, and vetting it

THAT’S IT!!

I don’t drink (thanks chronic illness), BUT feel free to send me all the sweets, and Claritin D you have as payment :pb_lol:
I'll check my notices tomorrow morning, night y'all!

33 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

- Tony pretends to be a “girl” and says, “I need a tampon”, and someone shouts, “Don’t say TaMpOn!!” (I suspect Christine)

- Yeah . . . they are now quickly moving onto the third venue!

Yep, ladies and gentleman, here's a young man definitely mature enough to make a lifelong commitment. :?

Does anyone know if Kody actually works? Where do they get the money for all of the houses, college fees, wedding and such. TLC can’t pay them that much to house and feed all of those people.

Maybe it is a mystery.

This stuff is GOLD, pure comedic GOLD. I've only watched the first half but I'm ready to snark my way through number 2. 
In all seriousness though...I could have sworn that when I was watching last season and they were talking about the Toekelti wedding that Kody was all like "We will have just had Madys wedding, I won't be able to pay for another big wedding! try holding off a year" and Mykelti was like "We aren't having an expensive wedding! I want a small wedding! in a park!" I could have SWORN she talked about not wanting an expensive wedding or not expecting Kody to bankroll the whole thing. 

And now here we are with a 16,000 FOOD BUDGET. Seriously. 16,000 for TACOS. 

ETA 

I didn't watch Mady's wedding, was it a 400+ person affair that looked to cost +16,000? If so I will apologize for my snark. 

ETA AGAIN

I just watched more of last season... At least she came out about the 400 number AFTER getting them to pay for her honeymoon. 

I'm seriously raging over here. 

Mykelti recently posted a sweet message for their one year anniversary on IG (I don’t know how to link it :/). I’ll be mean and say I’m surprised that they’ve even made it a year. They seem so spoiled and immature. I hope they work out long-term but I never had high hopes. 

It also appears that Maddie lives back at home with her baby. I’m not sure if her husband is there with her or travels for work. Hopefully they address that this season. I’d be interested to know why she ended up moving back. She always seemed really independent and it surprised me. 

35 minutes ago, mstee said:

Mykelti recently posted a sweet message for their one year anniversary on IG (I don’t know how to link it :/). I’ll be mean and say I’m surprised that they’ve even made it a year. They seem so spoiled and immature. I hope they work out long-term but I never had high hopes. 

I'll be mean and say that I'm surprised they made it a year without getting pregnant, and I don't hope they work out long term. They're both spoiled, entitled, and immature now, but I have faith that she might outgrow it, whereas Tony strikes me as a lost cause. I hope they don't have kids, so by the time she outgrows him and gets sick of his crap, she can kick him to the curb without being tied to him in any way. Can you imagine co-parenting with that guy? He would probably tell Cody to pay for the diapers with an equity line of credit. 

@mstee - If she’s home with the baby (doesn’t have a job outside the home), she may want to go back to Vegas for winter?  The winters in Wyoming are a little different than Vegas.

1 hour ago, mstee said:

It also appears that Maddie lives back at home with her baby.

Is this shown on instagram? Just wondering where you saw it.

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

They're fundamentalist LDS - not as in Warren Jeffs' FLDS, but AUB (Apostolic United Brethren). Basically, the AUB, like the FLDS and other groups is an off-shoot of the LDS, who retained polygamy as one of their main principles. Unlike the FLDS and some other groups, the AUB technically believes that the LDS is the one true church, but consider the mainstream to have gone off the track for denying polygamy, while still recognising the LDS' prophet and LDS temples.

Historically, they have tried to blend in with modern society, and the modern LDS. If I am not mistaken, they consider themselves Mormons, but the regular Mormons disagree, because polygamy. Oh, and the Allred-Group (another name for the AUB) insists that they only allow marriages, plural or otherwise, once people have reached the age of 18.

ETA: Just saw that the question's already been answered.

P.S.: Thanks @Fun Undies for the recap!!!

Hey, @ViolaSebastian -- thanks eleventy for linking those tweets about Tony. That Elia - she seriously needs to be one of us here at FJ!

I had to urban dictionary the chancla reference. Hilarious I tell ya.

After a refreshing 5 hours of sleep, my opinion from the watch party still stands: Tony is a loser. (Granted, he has the opportunity to change and 180. Unsure whether he possesses the ability.)

@Eternalbluepearl -- Sorry, forgot to add my .02 in response to you. 

I can't speak for @mstee 's information and the source thereof.

But at the end of the show, in the preview clips for next week, it showed Maddie laboring at Christine's house. One part showed her on all fours in the tub with appropriately loud noises to indicate pain & distress. (At least Maddie doesn't buy into the suffer-in-stoic-silence crap from Sobbyn Robbyn.)

Still... a first time mom doing a home birth? (Albeit with experienced moms nearby...) Definitely not my cup of tea! But you go, Maddie. Hope all is well !!

No clue as to the why/if/how long Maddie is residing back in the cult-de-sac. Again, hope all is well.

7 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Does anyone know if Kody actually works? Where do they get the money for all of the houses, college fees, wedding and such. TLC can’t pay them that much to house and feed all of those people.

Maybe it is a mystery.

There's been a LONG line of people trying to figure that one out :pb_lol:

- There's the TLC money - which the most common number I've seen tossed around for per episode pay is 10k (with absolutely no sources, so take that with a grain of salt - but I'm assuming several thousands of dollars a year)

- Kody and Meri still hawk an MLM drink supplement called LIV (though not so much lately)

- For at least a while, Janelle was a realtor in LV (no idea how successful she was at it, and no clue if she still does it)

- Meri hopped on the LLR leggings bandwagon, and still frequently posts pop up sales via Twitter and Instagram

- Janelle also now does STRIVE, which from what I can tell from the social media perspective was touted as a lifestyle change/exercise program.  But also seems to have fizzled out in the last year.

- Annie, before she moved in with the Browns, sold handbags, and I assume still did on the side to help pay for her own food, etc.  I know she at least at one point sold some on Robyn's MSWC

- which of course, who can forget "My Sister's Wife Closet"!  Yikes.  But Robyn gets all the points for you know - actually sticking with a project for more than a year!!

- I think Christine is the designated SAHM - and even though there's only like Sol and Ari at home anymore, I can attest that she's still got a full time job.  Because being part of an extended family, there's always got to be at least ONE person who you can call during the day for those random school picks, early dismissals, holidays, doctor appointments, secretary/calendar/schedule duties (and with 18 kids, heck ya, she's still busy).  So no side eye from me for her (so long she's happy with it!) 

6 hours ago, LacyMay said:

This stuff is GOLD, pure comedic GOLD. I've only watched the first half but I'm ready to snark my way through number 2. 
In all seriousness though...I could have sworn that when I was watching last season and they were talking about the Toekelti wedding that Kody was all like "We will have just had Madys wedding, I won't be able to pay for another big wedding! try holding off a year" and Mykelti was like "We aren't having an expensive wedding! I want a small wedding! in a park!" I could have SWORN she talked about not wanting an expensive wedding or not expecting Kody to bankroll the whole thing. 

And now here we are with a 16,000 FOOD BUDGET. Seriously. 16,000 for TACOS. 

ETA 

I didn't watch Mady's wedding, was it a 400+ person affair that looked to cost +16,000? If so I will apologize for my snark. 

ETA AGAIN

I just watched more of last season... At least she came out about the 400 number AFTER getting them to pay for her honeymoon. 

I'm seriously raging over here. 

I *think* Kody said in the episode that Mady's wedding was more like 150 to 200 people.
I mean I don't think it's the WORST thing to have 400 people, if you really know that many -- but it's SO obvious they aren't paying for anything, and it just comes across as taking advantage :/

4 hours ago, mstee said:

It also appears that Maddie lives back at home with her baby. I’m not sure if her husband is there with her or travels for work. Hopefully they address that this season. I’d be interested to know why she ended up moving back. She always seemed really independent and it surprised me. 

Could have been as simple as a first time mom, wanting to be near her own mom.  Could be some PPD (hopefully not!).  Could be Caleb working long hours - my husband worked the nightshift, till BB#1 was a year a half, and it was killer.  I would have loved to have been living with family back then!

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Is this shown on instagram? Just wondering where you saw it.

Janelle's twitter, and Madison's instagram feeds - her pictures frequently feature what appears to be Janelle's home.  The only ones featuring a different house, were when they visited extended family.  Doesn't necessarily mean she's living there per se, maybe she just visits a lot, and saves the batches of pictures for latergrams?  But it seems more likely that she's staying there.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived