IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

I don't think the Brown drama is scripted. I read their book, and there was drama from the day Janelle married Kody, and that was all in their own words. Besides, the Duggars have proven that being as boring as a rock does not preclude having your show renewed. Their most controversial person, Dwreck, isn't even on the show anymore.

No one is blaming Meri, it's consistent that the controversy always centers on her.  Would she have been happy if she saw the birth but didn't spend as much time in the room as the other moms? I doubt it. 

Meri is part of this family in name only.  I hope she moves into her historical home and is happy there, I mean that.  

That luncheon was weird.  I don't get why a formal luncheon is needed to catch up when you have been part of the same family for decades (excluding Robyn), and you live next door to each other. Everybody was guarded at that lunch.

And Kody will do anything for money, even be fake on Meri's sales video. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meri is just miserable and wants to drag everyone down with her. I don't think if she even knows how miserable she has been or for how long but its been going on a longggg time. 

15 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Also, she can't get over the catfish experience partly because Cody is still punishing her for it.

You know, because he's soooooo perfect.

Kody made excuses at the time, that Meri was victimized and not really responsible for being fooled by the catfisher. They all supported Meri despite her betrayal. Kody is a long way from perfect, but betrayal is hard to get over, I know from personal experience. The betrayer has to work to regain trust. Has Mer done that? Has she even acknowledged Kody's feelings? If the catfish had been real, Kody would be history along with the other wives and all those children. Now she wants to bring her sister catfish victim to meet the family. WTF? Why dredge up all of that? It's like she doesn't want them to move on.

So if ol Kody gets his own planet, what do the wives get? Nothing I bet. Mormons are good people (but with bad attitudes toward LGBT and others) but this is just so weird to me. 

Does anyone know more about this part of LDS?

21 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hello, fellow plyg Snarkettes!!

I just caught the tail end of an episode with expanded coverage for Maddy and Caleb's midwife appointment. 

Wow. Wow to the wowza. THIS is what a competent midwife looks like. I'm looking at all y'all, Duggars!!! (Jill - just step away from the Doppler. You are truly an idiot but too stoopid to recognize your own incompetence. Egads.)

Caleb & Maddy keep racking up all the points for all the things. Humble, gracious, kind, teachable, and def non judgey. 

Since Roast of Meri is on the menu tonight, who's joining me for the watch party??? ... Methinks she'll be on the very unwelcome end of her comeuppance from years of insults. 

Popcorn, wine coolers, and thumbprint cookies at the ready. Come on over!!!

i was watching old episodes and noticed that Caleb and Maddie's midwife is the same one Robyn used. 

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

So fucking annoying. Mitch did it the right way around. Oh my. 

I found this post interesting Mykelti hasn't posted anything on her social media since December and now  she is out without Tony well her sibs have all brought their SO's. I wonder if there is trouble in paradise. 

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Perfect! Me-Me-Me-Meri and her never ending catfishing scandal! For the love of god! Let it goooooo! The catfish thing is so fucking over done! 

I was reading their twitter pages yesterday and Mari is so obnoxious i guess she went on a twitter ban yesterday  because people are questioning her. 

19 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Whatever happened, it wasn't intentional. Can't Meri cut them some slack? It's not about the birth anyway, lots of baggage here. Janelle has taken loads of crap from Meri, so I'm glad her mother bear is out. Just be happy for a healthy baby and mom. That's all that matters.

Why didn't Robyn or Christine leave?

I think Maddie just didn't care by the end she had asked Christine to be there during most of the birth as she is really close to Christine and Christine flat out said in a talking head I'm not going to ask Maddie if she wants me to leave I'm just going to stay quite and hope i get to stay. 

When Christine confronted Meri, Meri just kept saying how guarded she feels around the family and Christine asked her why she feels that way. I was hoping Meri was going to be honest and say "because I fell in love with Sam  online and tried to leave the family. Then Sam turned out to be fake and I'm still living here. I know that makes everyone feel uncomfortable so in turn, I put walls up." But that didn't happen. 

Also, why are the Browns promoting polygamy when all of their relationships just seem so broken? Every episode someone is admitting to not being close with someone else. I thought this was love multiplied or something?

I kinda thought Robyn was really cute with Mitch and Aspyn. It was such a mom thing to do. I'm glad at least some of their relationships are completely normal. Didn't Aspyn live with Robyn for a while? 

Also, Madison probably didn't mind Christine there because Christine practically raised her. She was the stay at home mom back then. They probably have a special bond.

44 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I kinda thought Robyn was really cute with Mitch and Aspyn. It was such a mom thing to do. I'm glad at least some of their relationships are completely normal. Didn't Aspyn live with Robyn for a while? 

Also, Madison probably didn't mind Christine there because Christine practically raised her. She was the stay at home mom back then. They probably have a special bond.

yes Aspyn was living with Robyn during the time she first started to date Mitch. she talks about it in the sister wives inside the episode segment. 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:48 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

Meri is driving me batty just watching her on TV. She must be so hard to cope with in real life when the cameras are away.

This is her on her best behavior...

For the life of my I can't figure out why Meri is still there.  She seems to deeply unhappy and disconnected from the family.  She behaves as though she has no other options.  Maybe she feels like she doesn't but geeze.  I kind of feel like saying ish or get off the pot lady!  Either be there - like REALLY BE THERE - or go.  This in between thing is seriously no bueno.

Also, why are all of Meri's clothes so God awful!  Is that her LuLa Rose.  They're HIDEOUS!

24 minutes ago, ActualReality said:

Also, why are all of Meri's clothes so God awful!  Is that her LuLa Rose.  They're HIDEOUS!

Haha I don't know if Meri's clothes are Luluroe but they are known to be over priced and ugly! :pb_lol:

29 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Haha I don't know if Meri's clothes are Luluroe but they are known to be over priced and ugly! :pb_lol:

Isn't that her clothing business? Lularoe? It's almost out of style, good thing she's got the BnB. She'll need another income to support her mcmansion. (PS this is also why she hasn't left the show, 25 to 50k per episode split 5 ways is still 90k per person annually)

3 hours ago, ActualReality said:

For the life of my I can't figure out why Meri is still there.  She seems to deeply unhappy and disconnected from the family.  She behaves as though she has no other options.  Maybe she feels like she doesn't but geeze.  I kind of feel like saying ish or get off the pot lady!  Either be there - like REALLY BE THERE - or go.  This in between thing is seriously no bueno.

I've said this up thread but I seriously think if Mari left Mariah would choose sides and it would be Kodys. she already almost cut Mari out over the cat fishing. 

On 3/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, Carm_88 said:

It seems like Maddie may have changed her mind though. Which, I think is normal. She may not have wanted anyone there but when the time came, she was tired and wanted that support. 

It's so hard to predict where your mind and emotions will be during labor, and especially such a long labor! I myself thought I wouldn't want my mom in the room at all but then ended up having her in there and with me while pushing. You turn into a completely different person and everything just goes out the window, I can see how in the episode she felt out of control.

I do think her home birth gave more insight why some of these fundie families often prefer home birth, which we've been discussing in some of the other threads (esp. Joy's birth with Gideon). The polygamous moms clearly have their own reasoning for it because of the historical distrust of government and dads not putting their names on birth certificates out of fear of going to prison. It seems Maddie researched homebirths way more than any of the Duggar girls have, made sure to have a good midwife (although for the life of me I can't understand why April left mid-way to go somewhere an hour away right after stripping her membranes), and luckily for her, while her labor was long it overall didn't have any complications. In a hospital, she would have been on pitocin after one night, which likely could have led to an epidural and more pit and a c-section. Even with the long labor she got to rest a lot, walk around, eat, have family over, be in the bath, etc. Except why did she choose her mom's house instead of her own?

I just watched the 2 labor episodes which is the first time I've watched full Sister Wives episodes in a while, so pardon me being a bit behind in the thread.  It's interesting to see how things have changed in the family and the kids have grown up but also what hasn't changed - i.e Meri is such a goddamn awful, self-centered person.

15 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Except why did she choose her mom's house instead of her own?

IIRC Maddie and her husband are living "temporarily" with Janelle.

15 minutes ago, freethemall said:

It's so hard to predict where your mind and emotions will be during labor, and especially such a long labor! I myself thought I wouldn't want my mom in the room at all but then ended up having her in there and with me while pushing. You turn into a completely different person and everything just goes out the window, I can see how in the episode she felt out of control.

I do think her home birth gave more insight why some of these fundie families often prefer home birth, which we've been discussing in some of the other threads (esp. Joy's birth with Gideon). The polygamous moms clearly have their own reasoning for it because of the historical distrust of government and dads not putting their names on birth certificates out of fear of going to prison. It seems Maddie researched homebirths way more than any of the Duggar girls have, made sure to have a good midwife (although for the life of me I can't understand why April left mid-way to go somewhere an hour away right after stripping her membranes), and luckily for her, while her labor was long it overall didn't have any complications. In a hospital, she would have been on pitocin after one night, which likely could have led to an epidural and more pit and a c-section. Even with the long labor she got to rest a lot, walk around, eat, have family over, be in the bath, etc. Except why did she choose her mom's house instead of her own?

I just watched the 2 labor episodes which is the first time I've watched full Sister Wives episodes in a while, so pardon me being a bit behind in the thread.  It's interesting to see how things have changed in the family and the kids have grown up but also what hasn't changed - i.e Meri is such a goddamn awful, self-centered person.

she lives with her mom. her and Caleb were living in Wyoming but after she found out she was pregnant Caleb also had some medical issues and they decided it would be best to move back to Nevada to be close to her family. 

17 minutes ago, freethemall said:

In a hospital, she would have been on pitocin after one night,

I don't think so.  With her weak, irregular contractions, they would have sent her home to come back when she was really in labor.

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think so.  With her weak, irregular contractions, they would have sent her home to come back when she was really in labor.

I had arrested labors as well and went to the drs office for a check. His policy then was to send you to the hospital once you hit 4cm. He had me go to the hospital after dinner and he met me there. By that time I was 6cm. My water was broken and my son was born that evening. Not sure what the policy is now. This was 30 years ago. I was in labor for 36 hours but only the hour and a half after my water was broken hurt. 

Sunday afternoon HELLO to all Snarkettes!!  Hope you're enjoying sunshine rather than storm-of-your-choice.

Watch party tonight for Part 1 of the Tell All. At 8:00 E/7:00 C.

Would a lovely Mod/Admin kindly start a new thread for us, please??? [Not sure which of you is responsible for babysitting this thread.... Perhaps @FundieFarmer? Or is it @Coconut Flan?]

We don't need a new thread yet just for the tell all.  Conversation doesn't move all that fast on SW.  Since this is a mega-thread, one of us on the help meet team will need to do it.  I should be around if we start edging over 600 posts. 

Absolutely nothing happens if we go over 25 pages on a thread, so there is never a reason to get concerned about the length.  Sorry if we've caused that concern. 

I feel like we will hear a lot more about catfishing and Meri’s complaints about Axel’s birth. And a lot of blah blah. What else really happened. They never actually reveal anything new. Oh, and the B&B. 

Guess I am just whining. Lol. I will watch. 

On 3/19/2018 at 3:34 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

So if ol Kody gets his own planet, what do the wives get? Nothing I bet. Mormons are good people (but with bad attitudes toward LGBT and others) but this is just so weird to me. 

Does anyone know more about this part of LDS?

The women get to bear Kody's spirit babies for all eternity. Yay! Makes all this seem worth it, right? ...Right? :?

After death, while their husbands are creating and ruling over planets, the women have the questionable honor of bearing his "spirit children" for eternity. These spirit children descend to their Father's planet to inhabit bodies as mortals, who are then ruled over by him. Mormon Doctrine states that these celestially married men and women "will live eternally in the family unit and have spirit children, thus becoming Eternal Fathers and Eternal Mothers" (516). A man who has multiple wives can beget many more spirit children, making him much more powerful. Birth control is, of course, very strongly discouraged. Ambitious Mormon men must beget many children with as many wives as possible, for "their glory (in heaven) is in proportion to the number of their wives and children" (Snowden 141).

https://www.exmormon.org/mormwomn.htm

@ViolaSebastian thank you for all of this rather disturbing information!!! A good friend of mine became a Mormon. This is so hard to believe. Of course no polygamy, but the rest of this is unbelievable. I guess.  But weird to me. I mean Mormons are also kind and forgiving and good people. 

The scam in Sister Wives is just amazing. But this is how they were raised is what I understand in these cases. 

All in all. I am sort of speechless. Organized religion leaves me speechless, in all of its glory. Somethings are good. And some not so much. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived