IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

I about fell over in my chair when I saw they used SPICES. What's next? THREE animal crackers???? 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at that homemade Mexican kind of  sauce, and the lack of anything chunky, like white or red onion, a green or jalapeno pepper or some cilantro, makes me wonder what is in it.  Why can't you say "We use brand X taco seasoning" or some local  spice blend found in a neighborhood Mexican grocery.  As for the homemade sauce, why not list the ingredients, looks to me like a blend of Ketchup and French dressing.    

Why not break into the 21st Century and do more video's?  My Facebook seems to be full of short cooking videos from simple ingredients, I love to watch those and get new recipes or ideas.  

12 minutes ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Looking at that homemade Mexican kind of  sauce, and the lack of anything chunky, like white or red onion, a green or jalapeno pepper or some cilantro, makes me wonder what is in it.  Why can't you say "We use brand X taco seasoning" or some local  spice blend found in a neighborhood Mexican grocery.  As for the homemade sauce, why not list the ingredients, looks to me like a blend of Ketchup and French dressing.    

Why not break into the 21st Century and do more video's?  My Facebook seems to be full of short cooking videos from simple ingredients, I love to watch those and get new recipes or ideas.  

I'm going with enchilada sauce. 

Those outdoor cooking contraptions are well known to wok enthusiasts.   Round bottom traditional woks aren't made for most  residential Western stoves (Blue Stars and Capital Culinarian and maybe a Wolf with the wok grate are exceptions.)  Many of us wok enthusiasts use a flat bottomed wok OR we use one of those burners and cook on our round bottomed wok outdoors.  There are several members of Wok Wednesday that have outdoor burners.  Grace Young, the Wok Guru, also talks about the street vendors in Hong Kong cooking on their outdoor woks in The Breath of a Wok.

ETA:  I wouldn't have made that chicken dish to inaugurate my wok/ disco thingy.  I would have cooked something Chinese. 

7 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

ETA:  I wouldn't have made that chicken dish to inaugurate my wok/ disco thingy.  I would have cooked something Chinese. 

Oh @PennySycamore you silly, you! These are the Maxwells we are talking about here. Trust me, the spicy chicken concoction was a big step out of their comfort zone. If Reversal Anna had mentioned Chinese food, I'm sure Stevehova's head would have spun around and smoke would have come from his ears. I'm sure Anna doesn't even know anything about Chinese food. No animal crackers for you tonight, Penny.... Chinese food.. tsk, tsk. 

+ other disco users insert your answer here

Oh Stevie, if only you still allowed my comments to get through...but don't let that it stop  y'all... ;-)

It makes you wonder if the reversals (excluding my namesake) actually know what a disco is?

11 hours ago, usmcmom said:

^^That opening paragraph is so awkward. Is there a reason Sarah could not have written "John gave Anna a new culinary gadget for her birthday.  Most of you know Anna is an amazing cook and this will really allow her to experiment with new dishes." ??????

It's not just the first sentence, it's the whole thing.

I know ppl who've been only been  learning English for 6 months who can write better than that. Sarah, the wage-earning published writer, should be ashamed to post such tripe.

Or maybe Steve and Teri should be ashamed to promote anyone who posts such tripe as a wage earning adult or a published author. Or maybe both.

On 4/3/2017 at 11:42 AM, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest,  I watched Call the Midwife and Home Fires last night, too!  That poor sweet little boy!  I am so glad that prickly Sister Ursula took him to the biscuit tin.  I'm even more glad that he, his mum and his new baby sister were able to get away from that horror of  a dad.  

I assume that none of the leftover Thai went into any dog's tummies.  I gave my dachshund a sliver of Black Pepper Triscuit the other day and she didn't touch it.  She loves the Gouda ones though.

My dog will not touch a Triscuit of any kind.

I like the Pepper and Fire Roasted Tomato ones.

6 hours ago, johnhugh said:

It makes you wonder if the reversals (excluding my namesake) actually know what a disco is?

They'd probably panic.

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

They'd probably panic.

I see what you did there...

17 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm a little fond of Anna (not Reversal Anna over at the mothership) and as such I see her as victim as well as victimizer. 

Recall that when she was  permitted to speak at her wedding reception, she thanked her parents for "training" her.   I think she probably has such high expectations placed upon herself as the one bio daughter of a crazy go nuts fundie family, that she tries to do too much at home, and compensates by cutting down on laundry by using bibs. As well as a million other schemes. There are no winners in this set up! 

Prisso *has* to remember an easier, pre-Steve-ified time, when he was allowed to play baseball and get dirty sliding into base and stuff like that.  Free him and Anna, and those cute kiddies, too!  

I also have a soft spot for Anna, but I admit to not knowing much about her.  What do we know about her family?  I didn't know she was the only daughter, or anything about what she said about the wedding.  Who are her siblings?  And what about Melanie's and Elissa's families for that matter?

On 5/8/2017 at 8:16 PM, Captain Obvious said:

To be fair, at least she actually told Rebecca what a kettleball was, instead of asking her to Google that as well.

(I'm still pissed off about the dough enhancer Google It, Bitch response the other day.)

Dear (not really) Teri,

i took your advice and Googled Kewl Kooker Kwiki or whatever it was that was bought by John to be given to Rev Anna to be used in cooking AND thus I avoided even a HINT of Amazon-points for you. 

How d'ya like me now?

Not your pal,

MJB

17 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Good point -- also, Why not return to the 19th century and get Reversal Anna a cook's chair so she doesn't have to bend over like a yard ornament to tend the dish? 

And while at it, get the gal a gol-darned 20th-century scrunchie to hold her blasted hair back?  Safer, more hygienic and she'd have both hands free!

These people annoy the holy heck outta me. 

ETA; I've Googled in vain to find a photo of a cook's chair as seen in several historic homes. It's a short-legged stool that saved the back of the servant assigned to stir the food being cooked in vessels way down low on the hearth. I imagine it also did wonders for the servant not getting dizzy from the bending over and then falling into the fire. Death from burns that became infected was SEVERELY common back in the day of open hearths. [/historian mode off]

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I about fell over in my chair when I saw they used SPICES. What's next? THREE animal crackers???? 

Slow down, Wild Bill! Why don't you just send them to Vegas and put them on the street corner!? :lol:

50 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

And while at it, get the gal a gol-darned 20th-century scrunchie to hold her blasted hair back?  Safer, more hygienic and she'd have both hands free!

Oh my goodness, isn't that the truth?

R-Anna might very well be a great cook, but the picture of her holding her hair back with one hand while stirring the food with the other is just not appetizing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived