IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

Lori replied to a comment about homes being prisons:

The Industrial age helped to tear families apart since it takes many fathers away from their homes for hours every day but at least up until the women’s right movement divorce was rare.

In a pre-industrial world, Lori wouldn't have time to write a blog. She'd be too busy farming, hauling water from the well, making her own clothes, and much more, every day, from dawn to dusk.

Instead she has time to sit on her pampered ass and spread her venom via social media.

slow clap

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today Lori gives us her screed on cleanliness is godliness. That feminism forces and requires  women to have messy homes 'cause a messy home is a badge of feminist honor. She tells us that cleaning your sink is definitely more important than playing with/spending time with your children.  She then segues into shilling her nasty Norwex cloths and a plug for her sweet Norwex distributor.

She tells us she makes her grandchildren clean up after themselves when they visit ". . . when my grandchildren come over, I insist they clean up all of their messes before I take them home. They made the mess, they clean it up...." (insert her snotty written tone here).

Which isn't a completely awful idea -- but they are all under 4  (?) and I think one is an infant.  She then gives us a helpful chart, by age, of chores for children --starting at age 2. Reading the chart I was struck that if you follow it and have 2-4 children, you would never have to do any housework -- including cooking dinner.  I wonder if Lori followed it?

There is one FB comment from a woman who struggles with not making her spotless home an idol and whose husband tells her to lighten up and enjoy family time. Lori will delete it I'm sure.

I don't think Lori realizes how much of herself, her life, and her child raising she reveals in posts like this.  None of it is a pretty picture.  Certainly not the rainbows. puppies and unicorns that godly Christian bloggers like to characterized their home life/ marriage/ child raising/ personal relationships.

Lori has shown us again and again that she was an unloving physically abusive mother (let them scream and cry and leather strap beatings), a shrew of a wife (23 years of arguing followed by years and years of passive aggressive behavior)), a cold, unloving wife with no idea of what real intimacy is (10 minutes and some lube)  and an indifferent "keeper at home"  who didn't cook (big salads, tidy but not spotless, and nasty Norwex).

And we wouldn't care if Lori didn't hold herself out as the paragon of virtuous, womanly motherly Christian godliness and then sit in scornful judgement shaming everyone who doesn't do and live exactly the way she says.

Her hypocrisy knows no bounds.

37 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori has shown us again and again that she was an unloving physically abusive mother (let them scream and cry and leather strap beatings), a shrew of a wife (23 years of arguing followed by years and years of passive aggressive behavior)), a cold, unloving wife with no idea of what real intimacy is (10 minutes and some lube)  and an indifferent "keeper at home"  who didn't cook (big salads, tidy but not spotless, and nasty Norwex).

Yes and then she had to create this fantasy image of herself online to make up for it. You can recreate history and reality online. Those 23 years, etc never ever happened. If you can get enough people to believe what a  wonderful wife you are now. 

27 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Today Lori gives us her screed on cleanliness is godliness. That feminism forces and requires  women to have messy homes 'cause a messy home is a badge of feminist honor.

I want to meet the person - male or female, working or not - who thinks that a messy* home is a badge of honor. No reasonable person actually wants that badge.

Even a woman at the opposite end of the spectrum from Lori - that is, a full-time, workaholic, rarely-at-home woman - isn't going to brag about how messy her house is because she's such a busy, feminist, liberated woman that she has no time to clean.

* The definition of "messy" is subjective. To me, that means clutter on a lot of horizontal surfaces and items not being put back where they belong, as opposed to "dirty" - muddy footprints, splattered food on the stove, overflowing trash bin, etc.

In response to a woman who doesn't see why cleaning is more important than playing with your children:

Lori Alexander says:

March 27, 2017 at 6:58 am

Yes, Anna, this is what you hear from our culture but not from the Lord. He commands younger women be keepers at home, look well to the ways of their household, and not eat the bread of idleness. Way too many children are being played with and entertained so much that they have not learned how to be hard workers so they grow up with an entitlement attitude and continue to seek pleasure instead of working hard. It is doing a grave disservice to children to not teach them to be hard workers and for mothers to model it to them.

“Bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)

But WAIT, if a mother models hard work by going off to a career or work outside of home that is naughty, naughty!!! I guess this is why children shouldn't be in daycare. Daycare is too fun and entertaining. They rather need to see their mom work, need to see her scrubbing that grout lest they grow up thinking life can be fun or anything. 

Children learn through play.

But why would I expect Lori to know that?

I literally know no one who brags about having a messy house.

The next time someone wants to lecture about keeping a clean house, it should be someone who doesn't smear raw chicken juice all over every surface of her house. I don't care how tidy your house looks, all that chicken juice means that sitting down for a meal at her house is basically not much different than that cheetah sitting down for a nice meal of sun-seared zebra and getting a really unpleasant surprise. 

Really NSFW and serious trigger-warning for violence and gore.

I bet Ken actually prefers cooking his own meals. Less food poisoning.

There was a show on PBS (I think) years ago with these two British ladies who went around cleaning houses.  They'd spend a couple days assessing the house itself and the owners cleaning/dwelling habits.  Then they'd take specimens, and do things like blacklight or instant test strips to see what the various chemical levels were all over the house.  They focused a lot on bathrooms and kitchens (for obvious reasons).  Even the folks who swore up/down/and crossways that their houses were clean but cluttered had crazy bacteria and creepy crawlies that they didn't know existed.  Then, they'd show them how to clean it.  Not neat, but clean. 

I'd looooove for someone like them to show up at Lori's mansion and do a few random tests around that kitchen.  I'm sure it looks very pretty on the surface...but how clean is it?  Really.....

Lori is saying on fb that she never played with her children and is quite proud of the fact. Then this:

My youngest son has told his wife that I was his best friend through high school! Listening to, loving, and caring for them is what they will treasure the most.

2 · 1 hr

I am close with all of my children. ❤

1 hr

Yikes hearing his mom was his best friend would be a major turn off to me. Mama's boy?

I think someone here can quickly find quotes to show she isn't close with all her children. 

2 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

There was a show on PBS (I think) years ago with these two British ladies who went around cleaning houses.  They'd spend a couple days assessing the house itself and the owners cleaning/dwelling habits.  Then they'd take specimens, and do things like blacklight or instant test strips to see what the various chemical levels were all over the house.  They focused a lot on bathrooms and kitchens (for obvious reasons).  Even the folks who swore up/down/and crossways that their houses were clean but cluttered had crazy bacteria and creepy crawlies that they didn't know existed.  Then, they'd show them how to clean it.  Not neat, but clean. 

I'd looooove for someone like them to show up at Lori's mansion and do a few random tests around that kitchen.  I'm sure it looks very pretty on the surface...but how clean is it?  Really.....

Oooooh, "How Clean is Your House?"!!! The ladies were so over the top in their reactions, too, I loved it. 

"Aggie, smell this!" 

"Ewwwwwwwwwww OH GOD WHY???"

8 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I mean, why wouldn't you WANT to play with your children? Lori missed out on a lot of good times.

This is what I don't understand. She seems so PROUD of the fact she didn't play with her kids. Like she's going to get a special crown in heaven for not playing with them. :my_confused:

I mean, I didn't play with my kids all the time, but I loved getting down on the floor with them and building stuff with Duplos and blocks, or playing games or putting puzzles together.  

Oh, and I still managed to keep my house clean. Without using chicken-juicy Norwex rags. :puke-front:

Well, this one probably won't last long, so I'll just pop it in here. It's in response to Lori's latest 'YouTube':  "Her hearts desire is to be a wife and mother. How should she spend her unmarried years?" Which I'm not going to watch because I can't stand listening to her. It's all stuff she's said a thousand times before, anyway. :pb_rollseyes:

So very sad. I vehemently regret ever being exposed to this type of teaching & having it PUSHED upon me when I was a young naive and innocent Christian. I sincerely believe this teaching is from the pit of hell. It almost cost me my family and my marriage. NO ONE should have a role with work duties imposed upon them. THAT is for the COUPLE to determine what works for them in THEIR marriage. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder. That means, do what works for YOUR marriage and YOU need to quit telling others what they are SUPPOSED to do, you CANNOT know because it is THEIR "relationship," NOT yours. Further, Mike Pearl and his teachings are evil. Anyone hearing your pushing his evil and false teaching should run as fast as they can. I regret to the core of my being ever being exposed to his false teachings. JESUS came to set the captives FREE. This teaching is from the pit of hell.

9 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

In response to a woman who doesn't see why cleaning is more important than playing with your children:

Lori Alexander says:

But WAIT, if a mother models hard work by going off to a career or work outside of home that is naughty, naughty!!! I guess this is why children shouldn't be in daycare. Daycare is too fun and entertaining. They rather need to see their mom work, need to see her scrubbing that grout lest they grow up thinking life can be fun or anything. 

Hang on a minute .. the mother is supposed to scrub the grout? Going by her list of chores, shouldn't the children be the ones scrubbing the grout while mum "manages"? 

Or maybe I'm confusing my fundies ... surely they don't all treat their children like slaves, do they?

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

I mean, why wouldn't you WANT to play with your children?

Well, for starters, that's the nanny's job.

I know I'm from the city and not the suburbs, but some of that chore chart just looks inappropriate. Should a 5-year-old really be in charge of cleaning bathroom sinks/counters or a 9-year-old really be cleaning toilets, mowing grass, or walking a pet alone?! Have your kindergartener wipe down the sink after brushing their teeth to make sure water isn't everywhere, sure, but I feel like the 9-year-old especially shouldn't be working with dangerous machinery unsupervised or wandering the streets by him/herself. Is it just me?

1 hour ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I know I'm from the city and not the suburbs, but some of that chore chart just looks inappropriate. Should a 5-year-old really be in charge of cleaning bathroom sinks/counters or a 9-year-old really be cleaning toilets, mowing grass, or walking a pet alone?! Have your kindergartener wipe down the sink after brushing their teeth to make sure water isn't everywhere, sure, but I feel like the 9-year-old especially shouldn't be working with dangerous machinery unsupervised or wandering the streets by him/herself. Is it just me?

No, it's not just you. My children don't clean bathrooms or toilets either, and my oldest is almost 14. They do help out with other chores around the home, but not those tasks. I don't want them using those chemicals, or cleaning those germs. I think my son was 12 when he first started mowing the lawn; he was certainly much older than 9. 

I wonder if she got her chore suggestions from Steve Maxwell.  One of his sample chore charts had a THREE-year-old making his bed.

(Oh, hi Steve! :greetings-wavingyellow:)

9 hours ago, Loveday said:

So very sad. I vehemently regret ever being exposed to this type of teaching & having it PUSHED upon me when I was a young naive and innocent Christian. I sincerely believe this teaching is from the pit of hell. It almost cost me my family and my marriage. NO ONE should have a role with work duties imposed upon them. THAT is for the COUPLE to determine what works for them in THEIR marriage. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder. That means, do what works for YOUR marriage and YOU need to quit telling others what they are SUPPOSED to do, you CANNOT know because it is THEIR "relationship," NOT yours. Further, Mike Pearl and his teachings are evil. Anyone hearing your pushing his evil and false teaching should run as fast as they can. I regret to the core of my being ever being exposed to his false teachings. JESUS came to set the captives FREE. This teaching is from the pit of hell.

This woman knows what's up. She makes a good point about "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder." Every time Lori insists she knows what's best for a marriage, she's inserting herself in that couple's marriage. She's putting herself between a husband and wife, where she's absolutely no business whatsoever being. 

6 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I know I'm from the city and not the suburbs, but some of that chore chart just looks inappropriate. Should a 5-year-old really be in charge of cleaning bathroom sinks/counters or a 9-year-old really be cleaning toilets, mowing grass, or walking a pet alone?!

Well, I'm from the suburbs, and my kids don't scrub toilets. I suppose at their ages they technically could, but they have severe eczema, and I would rather them not be exposed to the chemicals or germs involved in those tasks. It could literally be life-threatening for them. This is one of Lori's (many, many, MANY) problems. She makes all these rules and blindly applies them to everyone without considering that they just won't work for everyone or every family. 

My kids have done chores since they were small. Toddlers love chores because they like helping and doing "grown-up" jobs. They usually aren't actually helping a lot, though, and you have to go behind them and fix stuff. But it gets them in the habit of helping, and more importantly, it starts teaching them the skills they will need to be self-reliant. But ... age-appropriate chores.

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

Well, this one probably won't last long, so I'll just pop it in here. It's in response to Lori's latest 'YouTube':  "Her hearts desire is to be a wife and mother. How should she spend her unmarried years?" Which I'm not going to watch because I can't stand listening to her. It's all stuff she's said a thousand times before, anyway. :pb_rollseyes:

Indeed, looks like it is gone this morning. 

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I wonder if she got her chore suggestions from Steve Maxwell.  One of his sample chore charts had a THREE-year-old making his bed.

(Oh, hi Steve! :greetings-wavingyellow:)

my youngest (now almost 5) has been "making" her bed since 3 ish. Does it look like a hotel, hospital or army bed? nope, not at all. But I have tried to get her in the habit of pulling the comforter back up on the bed and putting her PJs under the pillow. As my kids get older (have a 13 and 9 yo too) they get better at making the bed. None of them make it like a hotel or hospital but it is neat and makes the room look better. Shoot, I don't make my bed totally neat every day (usually because I am not the last out of bed and I don't go back to fix it). My point, I don't think 3 is too young however I am sure I am doing it wrong by not making my children make it like a hotel or hospital corners. I am assuming that is what Lori or the Maxwell's have drilled into their kids. I too many years off from making my bed in my 20s. I found that I am more relaxed when I walk in my bedroom and the bed is neat and made up- so now usually I make it. The Maxwell girls have never had time off to decide what they like and don't like. I hope the alexander kids have learned to let go and do what they like.

Lori is on today about how college was useless to her, she learned nothing! So therefore since it was useless to her it must be useless to everyone else. 

If college was useless for her, she did something wrong. I gotta say, it did not open her mind at all.

if she found it so useless, then she can "return" her degree.  She can also answer why her DAUGHTERS are college-educated. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived