IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

Thread title inspired by this gem from @Koala: "So no one can "poop" on Lori's blog, but she doesn't hesitate to go right on someone else's lawn.  Sounds about right."

Carrying on from here:

PS...I hope the blog title gave you all a good mental image :pb_lol:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't add to the last thread so adding here: 

S -- snotty

T -- troublesome

U -- unwilling to see EXCEPTIONS

V -- vicious 

W -- wicked

X -- excessively obtuse

Y -- youtube videos -- need I say more?

Nice title! 

18 minutes ago, polecat said:

Youtubes! 

Z -- Zilch

and the entire Lori alphabet created by many of the non-perfect FJers :)

A - Amazon reviews ketuffle
B - Beyotch -- in general attitude
C - Condescending -- to everyone who isn't her or thinks differently
D - Domineering -- on the blog and in real life
E - Entitled
F - Fawning advocate of MRAs like Dave, Trey, Earle, Cabinetman
G- Godly (Not!)
H- Hateful to anyone who disagrees or asks questions
I - Intolerant
J - Judgmental 

K - Keepers of the delete button  

K- Knows, with complete godly confidence, absolutely everything about how every single woman should conduct themselves in their marriages, if they are so blessed, and in training up their children, should they be so blessed

K - kausing me to barf multiple times daily

L- Liar

M- masochist

N - Narcissistic

O - Opportunistic

P - Petty

Q - Quarrelsome 

R- Raisins Raisans

S- Sadistic

S -- snotty

T -- troublesome

U -- unwilling to see EXCEPTIONS

V -- vicious 

W -- wicked

X -- excessively obtuse

Z -- Zilch

Everyone bemoans the plight of single women today but most times it is the women who have chosen to be single.

Really? I'm not so sure. Most married women I know would not leave their husbands unless things were really bad, and then only after trying everything in their power to "fix" things.  Yes, they may be the ones who finally step out of the marriage, but if you look closer, you might see that the husband has been living with one foot inside and the other one outside. 

There are women in the chat room who have fought for their marriages and won. Some of them had affairs and some of them had husbands who had affairs. Everyone was telling them to get divorced but then they would come into the chat room or get a hold of me somehow and I would encourage them to fight for their marriages using 1 Peter 3:1-6. 

So you had to remind us of the necessity of your blog again, eh, Lori?  I'll give you a different story.  A wife who kept going back to her husband, who fought for her marriage using your interpretation of 1st Peter 3:1-6. Not for one year, or two, not for a decade or two, no. For four whole decades, this woman fought for her marriage. She did everything she could think of to try to please him. She put up with his antics, she tried to confront his sin, then remembered she's "not the Holy Spirit" so she was quiet. She called the authorities, she tried to lay down boundaries, but then she was reminded that "Christ suffered much, and so should she", so she was quiet and submissive again. She became so co-dependent, I don't think she knew who she was any more. 

One day, a dear son-in-law of hers told her that staying was not helping, just enabling her husband's sin.  So she left. 

I'm pretty sure Lori would consider her to be one of those women who "chose to be on her own" and she'd be partly right. Yes, this woman has chosen to be on her own, but she's not the one who destroyed the marriage, she's simply the one who is telling the truth about it. 

There are other women in there who have fought for and won their husbands back and others who are still in the fight but they aren’t giving up. They know what’s at stake not only for them and their husband’s eternal souls, but for the least of these – their children. Their children need their father and mother under one roof.

Their children need a father and a mother who love and respect each other, who are responsible and good examples to them.  They don't need two adults who live in a dysfunctional relationship. 

Hard, hard marriages that persevere in faithfulness, year in and year out, against all odds, tell a great truth about Christ and his church. 

Not all do. 

I wonder if Lori, Ken, even John Piper ever consider that the Church loves Christ because Christ loved her first. It would follow that husbands ought to be the ones going out on a limb, making sacrifices and doing everything necessary to show love to their wives.   But Lori teaches the opposite: wives should sacrifice and win their husbands over and the husband's very salvation may depend on that... funny. The Church is saved through Christ's sacrifice, not vice-versa. 

Perhaps it's time they considered this metaphor a bit more closely. 

That commenter from earlier today came back on fb. She hasn't mentioned her comment being deleted and obviously she isn't banned yet. She replies to someone who says:

"Women, don't go making money because if you do and your husband is abusive that would give you OPTIONS, and we certainly can't have that"
Remind me what verse that is exactly? I can't recall.

I have come to find it particularly draining to keep up with Lori's relentlessly dreadful, arrogant and ill-informed social media posts (read: constant stream of pish), and only look at her Facebook now and again these days. 

But, dang it, it's the thread titles that keep me coming back EVERY SINGLE TIME :)

1 hour ago, onemama said:

I wonder if Lori, Ken, even John Piper ever consider that the Church loves Christ because Christ loved her first. It would follow that husbands ought to be the ones going out on a limb, making sacrifices and doing everything necessary to show love to their wives.   But Lori teaches the opposite: wives should sacrifice and win their husbands over and the husband's very salvation may depend on that... funny. The Church is saved through Christ's sacrifice, not vice-versa. 

Perhaps it's time they considered this metaphor a bit more closely. 

Not here to defend Lori, here to defend John Piper on this point. Have read the majority of his books and listened to many sermons (in person and online) and to the best of my knowledge he definitely teaches that the Church's love for Christ is a response to Christ's love for the Church. I have never heard him teach that a husband's salvation is dependent on his wife's actions. I do know that the belief of many conservative pastors and churches regarding this passage is that a believing wife's conduct around her unbelieving husband can and should have a great influence in His life and can be used by the Holy Spirit to soften his heart towards the gospel, but the status of his salvation is NEVER her responsibility. 

Also, CONTEXT. Lori omitted the paragraph following her quote from Piper's message (bolded emphasis mine): 

Now, I would go a step further. If a faithful believer sees his marriage unraveling, he or she can tell the truth about Christ and the church by keeping the covenant, even if the other partner doesn’t. That is what is new and radical in the ideal that Jesus has lifted up to model the new covenant. And then I would add another crucial reminder. Marriage is only one of the many ways that the truth of Christ is shown in the world. A believer whose marriage is destroyed and no longer presents a parable of covenant love, that believer can show the worth of Christ in dozens of other ways that God has appointed. And one of those ways is how he or she treats people in that horrific process of dissolution. Christ’s all-satisfying worth is displayed when we find him sufficient to meet every need so that we have grace to return good for evil to our estranged spouse or children or parents or whoever has made life so hard.

Lori on her post today:

We don’t need to get involved in “mommy wars” or try to find some false sense of “fulfillment” outside of the home that many women are chasing today.

She says that as she yet again writes another post on working moms bad, sahms good. She is partaking in the mommy wars by her beliefs and this post specifically. The mommy wars is about shaming other women for their decisions and she is the queen of that. 

On yesterday's post she responds to someone named Gina but calls her "Dena". Boy, she does that a lot! Bad reading skills or its the brain tumor or something....

She ends it with a Blessings! So there must be something about Gina that disturbed her. 

I took a sociology class in college, and I remember the professor stating that it's usually the more dedicated partner who files for divorce.  He/she has tried to save it, and gets to the point that they determine that it's irreparable and best for all parties that a divorce needs to occur, and the other partner doesn't care enough to do much either way.  So if women are the ones who are filing for divorce, then it means that they are the ones who tried harder to save it.  

Marriage is such a deep and emotional commitment, that I can't imagine the people who are initiating the divorce are doing so lightly.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori on her post today:

She says that as she yet again writes another post on working moms bad, sahms good. She is partaking in the mommy wars by her beliefs and this post specifically. The mommy wars is about shaming other women for their decisions and she is the queen of that. 

On yesterday's post she responds to someone named Gina but calls her "Dena". Boy, she does that a lot! Bad reading skills or its the brain tumor or something....

She ends it with a Blessings! So there must be something about Gina that disturbed her. 

Gina dared to quote 1 Corinthians 13, the 'love' chapter. Love disturbs Lori deeply. She can't fit it into her Titus 2 raison d'etre. :pb_confused:  Hence, the 'blessings.'

44 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I took a sociology class in college, and I remember the professor stating that it's usually the more dedicated partner who files for divorce.  He/she has tried to save it, and gets to the point that they determine that it's irreparable and best for all parties that a divorce needs to occur, and the other partner doesn't care enough to do much either way.  So if women are the ones who are filing for divorce, then it means that they are the ones who tried harder to save it.  

Well if this is true, then Lori and Ken will never divorce. Neither seem more dedicated to the other. They both seem dedicated to being right and sanctimonious. 

55 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori on her post today:

Poor Dori. Maybe one day she'll get her shit together. 

Dori, Lori, whatever.

Blessings!

49 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori on her post today:

Yeah, Lori has always been involved in the mommy wars. But, of she course she won't admit it. She gets off on slamming working moms any chance she gets. In IRL, she has probably gotten in tons of mommy war arguments with relatives and friends. Lori has admitted that she doesn't do things like bible study with other women outside the home. I wonder if she avoids things like that because of working women who may be involved.

Lori has sisters.  I wonder if they work, and if so, how much strain her ramblings about working women put on their relationship with her.  

For some reason I get the feeling that she's the crazy, hateful aunt/sister that everyone avoids. Can't imagine she'd be a lot of fun to have dinner with. 

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori has sisters.  I wonder if they work, and if so, how much strain her ramblings about working women put on their relationship with her.  

For some reason I get the feeling that she's the crazy, hateful aunt/sister that everyone avoids. Can't imagine she'd be a lot of fun to have dinner with. 

Oh, I agree. I'll bet she's all smiles and rainbows to people's faces along with a fair chunk of passive-aggressiveness: "Oh, dear Lucinda, that haircut really helps make your hips look less fat!" And then behind their backs, the razors and claws come out so that she can really eviscerate them in style. On her blog, if they're really (un)lucky.

It doesn't seem like anyone in the family (other than Ken) comments on her blog or interacts with her on the Facebook page.  Oh! The aunts....gotta love them for having the guts to put Queen Lori in her place.  

In the video with her mom, she (the mom) referred to Lori as her "straight arrow".  I couldn't help but wonder if that was code for, "rigid, legalistic one".

I used to think she was probably pretty two faced, but the way she describes her interactions with others (leaving threatening notes on a neighbor's door / writing a letter to the pastor's wife about her choices in swimwear), I tend to think she's pretty "in your face".  

I was stunned the day she wrote the post about her "friend" whose daughter made thongs for a living.  Either she made that story up, or she doesn't mind the idea that her "friend" might read what she wrote and confront her.

3 hours ago, polecat said:

Poor Dori. Maybe one day she'll get her shit together. 

Dori, Lori, whatever.

Blessings!

Dori, Lori....that's great! Why wasn't that thought of earlier!  Its why she keeps repeating the same old topics and same old stories. She just keeps forgetting she already said it. The godly mentor who suffers from short term memory loss, gotta love it. 

17 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

Not here to defend Lori, here to defend John Piper on this point. Have read the majority of his books and listened to many sermons (in person and online) and to the best of my knowledge he definitely teaches that the Church's love for Christ is a response to Christ's love for the Church.

@Showtunesgirl, the point I was trying to make was that if the Church loves Christ as a response to Christ loving and laying down his life for the Church, and if marriage is supposed to be a picture of this relationship, then it would follow that husbands should be the ones leading in sacrifice. The husbands should be the ones voluntarily laying down their lives.  

I think all the above mentioned people know that the Church loves Christ because Christ died for the church, but they have no problem calling wives to subject themselves to husbands who sin against them. John Piper has said something along the lines of wives enduring abuse for a season for the sake of the Gospel, and when he does counsel them not to submit, he actually teaches that they should do so "submissively", saying things like "I would love to follow you as my leader but I can't go there".  Lori, we all know what she says. 

19 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I have never heard him teach that a husband's salvation is dependent on his wife's actions. I do know that the belief of many conservative pastors and churches regarding this passage is that a believing wife's conduct around her unbelieving husband can and should have a great influence in His life and can be used by the Holy Spirit to soften his heart towards the gospel, but the status of his salvation is NEVER her responsibility. 

This is true, for the most part, but that implication that "a wife's behavior might soften a husband's heart" sends wives back into the arms of husbands who are mistreating them over and over again.  

Bottom line:  I disagree with the teaching that marriage is about a husband having authority and being "the leader" and the wife submitting to his authority. Yes, they'll say the husband should exercise that authority lovingly and be a servant leader, but the words "leader", "authority" or "tie breaker" are not in the text, so to assume they are implied is wrong.  In my opinion, that teaching is at the root of a lot of dysfunction in Christian marriages. 

45 minutes ago, Koala said:

Dave hasn't posted on Lori's blog since Ken's post.  Wonder how The Godly Mentor is taking it...

Ken may have 'ordered' her to use her itchy delete finger every time Dave tries to post, since Ken wants to be the alpha male on her blog.

5 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

Ken may have 'ordered' her to use her itchy delete finger every time Dave tries to post, since Ken wants to be the alpha male on her blog.

Or commanded....

Has Lori (Dori!) ever addressed widows who work - specifically those with young children at home?

I'd love to pose that question to her. A God-fearing, Christ-loving, church-going, modest, humble, (whatever else Lori's standards require), wife and mother... her husband dies. What are her options until she finds a new husband? Should she work, or should she get government assistance?

WWLS - What Would Lori Say?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived