IGNORED

Declared Terror incident in London

BlessaYourHeart

This from the POTUS twitter account.

Theresa May just come out to speak in front of Number 10 on BBC.

IMG_1503.PNG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I'm going to London on a trip on Easter and I start to feel nervous about it. 

Honestly, don't feel nervous. I know it is easier said than done, but I went to London just a few weeks after the train attacks in the early 2000s. I felt safe.

Also...I lived through Pulse here in Orlando- even worked the scene. A city buckles down after something horrible and, regrettably, is forever changed. I am certain you will be safe. 

@ScorpiousMalfoy I agree with everyone who is saying that you should go on your trip to London. If you let terrorism stop you from going on a trip, you're letting them win. Go and have a good time! 

28 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

We were very close in either 74 or 75!

We were!  It was 1975.  I wasn't the only person to fall flat on the pavement with my arms over my head to protect it.  Then, like everyone else, I picked myself up and brushed myself down.  Then I trotted down Oxford Street (in the opposite direction to Selfridges) to the other Marks and Sparks (just past BHS) to buy my Granny a cardigan for her birthday.  I *may* have also bought myself a pair of bikini knickers to get over the shock. They were a blue floral pattern.

I don't know.  We lived through it.  It might have been the arrogance of youth but I never restricted my activities.  I went to West End plays (BA in Eng Lit and it was required) regularly and never worried. And I will always love London.  

And, yes, London is far safer these days.  Security has come a long way.

The awful thing about terrorist attacks is that they can happen anywhere.  At any time.

And FWIW, I still go into Boston sometimes.  Even after the Boston Marathon attack.

4 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

It's scary! Seems as though it came from nowhere! 

Yes let's hope it's treated with sensitivity and not used as a political agenda by Tango Trump 

...Really? There have been numerous terror attacks over the past year.

35 minutes ago, Blu'sClues said:

...Really? There have been numerous terror attacks over the past year.

I mean there was zero intelligence about it and it wasn't anticipated that an attack of that nature would happen so close to parliament 

also it's not the type of attack that intelligence can intercept; it comes from the blue because it isn't sophisticated for want of a better word 

3 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

So horrible. I feel so sorry for all affected. How evil do you have to be to commit someting like that? Absolutely disgusting! 

I'm sorry if it sounds egoistic or self centred - but I'm going to London on a trip on Easter and I start to feel nervous about it. 

I don't think it sounds egoistic at all. I think that is a natural way to feel after what happened today! Also to any London citizens or people that have London citizens as friends or family please know that my prayers and good thoughts are with you and your loved ones as you go through this!

Of course Son of Shit Gibbon had to go out and prove that he's just a big a douche nozzle fuck cannon as his old man;

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-jr-westminster-attack-reaction-twitter-sadiq-khan-independent-7644511

On Wednesday afternoon a police officer was stabbed and killed by an assailant outside the British Houses of Parliament. 

A car then plouged into a crowd of people on Westminster bridge, killing one woman and injuring at least 10. Three French teenagers on a school trip to London were also badly injured in the attack. 

At the moment, the situation remains fluid and facts are scarce. indy100 is updating their page with exactly what we know and what we don't know throughout the evening. 

Elsewhere on the internet, Donald Trump Jr, Donald Trump's eldest son, decided to share an article from seven months ago.

Donnie, Donnie, Donnie.  Same advice here that I would give your old man.  As in SHUT THE FUCK UP!

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Of course Son of Shit Gibbon had to go out and prove that he's just a big a douche nozzle fuck cannon as his old man;

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-jr-westminster-attack-reaction-twitter-sadiq-khan-independent-7644511

Donnie, Donnie, Donnie.  Same advice here that I would give your old man.  As in SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I tried to read the link you provided but it asked me for a name and password, do you know why this site does this is it common with British news sites?

5 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

It's scary! Seems as though it came from nowhere! 

Yes let's hope it's treated with sensitivity and not used as a political agenda by Tango Trump 

It won't be.  The best thing for him  to do is offer support for victims and shut the fuck up with is own self serving comments. But everybody know Agent Orange can't do anything that is not all for him

15 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I knew these fuck sticks would spew forth.  I wonder what they have to say about our very own home grown terrorist attack in his daddy's city. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/03/22/white-man-traveled-to-new-york-to-kill-black-men-and-make-a-statement-police-say/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news&utm_term=.18d5ce444d6a

15 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I mean there was zero intelligence about it and it wasn't anticipated that an attack of that nature would happen so close to parliament 

also it's not the type of attack that intelligence can intercept; it comes from the blue because it isn't sophisticated for want of a better word 

Not sure about that? They didn't pick up on this specific event, but Parliament is regularly drilled for this kind of thing, and I've heard multiple people on the news talking about how this is precisely the kind of attack they thought was most likely, and how quickly the emergency services stepped in with a competent and appropriate response.

Having said that, the lasting image for me from today is that of an MP performing CPR and applying pressure to the stab wounds of the police officer who was attacked.  Things like that always give me hope - that even in times of great danger and at personal cost, people will run towards the problem to try and help.

29 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Sensitivity is really lacking here. What a piece of shit! 

It's now confirmed 5 people are dead, my heart goes out to their families an MP, whose brother was killed in the Bali bombings tried to resuscitate the police man and many other brave people tried to save others. London will bounce back they did after 2005 bombing and the Blitz. 

I do have fear of the same thing happening in Glasgow, it's coming up to 10 years since the attempt at Glasgow airport, i wouldn't be surprised if the city centre gets  targeted. 

14 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

It's now confirmed 5 people are dead, my heart goes out to their families an MP, whose brother was killed in the Bali bombings tried to resuscitate the police man and many other brave people tried to save others. London will bounce back they did after 2005 bombing and the Blitz. 

I do have fear of the same thing happening in Glasgow, it's coming up to 10 years since the attempt at Glasgow airport, i wouldn't be surprised if the city centre gets  targeted. 

We were discussing this earlier on this evening. The last 10 years have flown by. 

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

We were discussing this earlier on this evening. The last 10 years have flown by. 

It has I was in Glasgow shopping that day and didn't know what happened until I got home and watched BBC news. 

From tRump's personal twitter account:

Spoke to U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May today to offer condolences on the terrorist attack in London. She is strong and doing very well

(Don't know how to attach post itself.)

Somehow that sounds very ...patronising?

4 hours ago, sawasdee said:

From tRump's personal twitter account:

Spoke to U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May today to offer condolences on the terrorist attack in London. She is strong and doing very well

(Don't know how to attach post itself.)

Somehow that sounds very ...patronising?

That was exactly what I thought. It was like the tweet equivalent of giving her a pat on the head.

Also oddly makes it sound like Theresa May has an illness or something, as opposed to dealing with a terrorist attack.

This whole thing is pretty horrifying. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. This attack was really something you couldn't anticipate (car, lone attacker, knife) 

There was also a terrorist attack in NYC (yes, I'm calling it that)...where a white male said he came specifically to the NY to kill black men. He proceeded to fatally stab a Black black on Tuesday before being arrested. 

He was an Army Veteran who served in Afghanistan and part of a documented hate group. He claims he was spurred by interracial relationships; particularly between black men and white women. 

This is really scary guys...hate crimes/attacks/rhetoric have been on the rise since Cinnamon Hitler first arrived on the scene. A few weeks ago there were several incidents of graffiti/threats against black students at my school. As well as hate messages against LGBTQ and immigrant communities. 

Favourite tweet of the day:

'If he really wanted to make Londoners shit themselves, he should just have opened a dodgy kebab shop.'

Sorry. Brits respond to tragedy with black humour.

I think they've gone back to saying four are dead. They've all been named. Theresa May has apparently visited victims in hospital. 

There have also been some inspirational quotes on Tube station sign boards. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39365218/inspiring-quotes-on-the-london-underground-after-westminster-attack

4 hours ago, sawasdee said:

Favourite tweet of the day:

'If he really wanted to make Londoners shit themselves, he should just have opened a dodgy kebab shop.'

Sorry. Brits respond to tragedy with black humour.

Come over and sit next to me as I was about to note how in addition he could also put a picture of George Washington in a latrine. (H/T Lincoln).

18 hours ago, Emcee said:

Glasgow residents, do you have hate preachers using your city as a personal pulpit, too?

Not that I'm aware of, I hope not.

I guess "Shut the fuck up, Donny" can apply to the son as well as the Orange Asshole. To those in the UK, most of us are extremely ashamed of the Drumph family and their Twitter tantrums.

Archived