IGNORED

The Activist Mommy (TAM) 1: Elizabeth Johnston

JermajestyDuggar

6 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Does anyone know how a guy who believes that being fat is a sign of sin, that  you can carry ectopic pregnancies to term, and that vaccines are bad gets to keep his medical license?

Doctors take care of each other and revocations of licenses are rare?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nickelodeon presumably because he's clever enough to avoid treating women with ectopic pregnancies (and the resulting wrongful death lawsuits) and is careful about which patients he talks to about the rest of the stuff.

You can be a doctor with abhorrent views as long you're careful about acting on them and it's not hard to avoid things you don't like in medicine.

On April 3, 2017 at 8:47 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can pretty much guarantee people just like her put trump in office. So angry about equal rights meaning they aren't as extremely privileged as they once were. And now they are pissed and want to hate everyone and blame everyone else for any problem they've ever had.

To be fair (though I shudder at the thought), she was very outspoken about not voting for Trump. She posted with some frequency about a very fringe Christian candidate whose name I don't remember. Tom Hoefling or something along those lines.

Now, her candidate was undoubtedly a far more extreme bigot than Trump, who's mostly just a delusional, privileged asshole who riled enough people up to get himself the most important job in the country. But the distinction must be made. 

People like Elizabeth didn't get Trump elected. They would have preferred someone far, far worse.

2 hours ago, withaj said:

To be fair (though I shudder at the thought), she was very outspoken about not voting for Trump. She posted with some frequency about a very fringe Christian candidate whose name I don't remember. Tom Hoefling or something along those lines.

Now, her candidate was undoubtedly a far more extreme bigot than Trump, who's mostly just a delusional, privileged asshole who riled enough people up to get himself the most important job in the country. But the distinction must be made. 

People like Elizabeth didn't get Trump elected. They would have preferred someone far, far worse.

No, I agree that they didn't like Trump but many of her type voted for Trump. Her extreme hate for Hillary lasts. She just posted an anti Hillary meme a few days ago. She doesn't post much about Trump. She actually agrees with a lot of his actions. 

I'm going to use the holiest day of my religion to cry about Christian persecution! Wahhhhhhhh! Poor poor privileged as hell Elizabeth Johnston!

IMG_2571.PNG

This girl in the story was 11. Does she seriously make her 11 year old children go to the bathroom with an adult or an older sibling when they at a restaurant? I can often see the bathroom entrance from where I sitting in a restaurant. She must not go out to eat much or she makes her children sister mom all the time when they are out. 

IMG_2582.PNG

What eleven year old would want to take a sibling or their parents with them? She's so ridiculous! 

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

What eleven year old would want to take a sibling or their parents with them? She's so ridiculous! 

I don't understand parents who think overprotective is better. They are not preparing their children for adulthood. Plus they are making their children fear the world. Why push your anxieties onto your kids? 

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't understand parents who think overprotective is better. They are not preparing their children for adulthood. Plus they are making their children fear the world. Why push your anxieties onto your kids? 

Honestly, people are the least of your worries in a public bathroom. Most of those places are nasty as hell. Ugh. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Honestly, people are the least of your worries in a public bathroom. Most of those places are nasty as hell. Ugh. 

These people really need to get a dose of reality by looking at statistics. An 11year old being snatched by a stranger in a public restroom is probably statistically less common than getting struck by lightning. 

Does she consider an 11-year-old to be a very young kid? I'd say very young is 3-5. My kid would never want me to go to the bathroom with her at 11. She'd insist on going alone cause she's big enough to go alone. And smart enough to stay out of trouble, to be honest. I want to see a guy try to haul off a kid as big as an adult -130 pounds, say.

Several weeks ago, I read an article suggesting we move away from "stranger danger," both because the vast majority of perpetrators of crime against children are people they already know, and there have been instances of kids running from people trying to help(police, searchers, etc.)Of course, the comments blamed everyone from liberals to Obama, and claimed there's an epidemic of "men wearing wigs in women's restrooms." "If I want to teach my kids about stranger danger, I'm damn well going to."

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Several weeks ago, I read an article suggesting we move away from "stranger danger," both because the vast majority of perpetrators of crime against children are people they already know, and there have been instances of kids running from people trying to help(police, searchers, etc.)Of course, the comments blamed everyone from liberals to Obama, and claimed there's an epidemic of "men wearing wigs in women's restrooms." "If I want to teach my kids about stranger danger, I'm damn well going to."

TAM very obviously thrives on hysteria, fear, and hate. That's the only reason why she has so many followers. There are a ridiculous amounts of scared people who follow her. They love feeding their fears and drama. She has no clue how destructive she is. 

She doesn't just thrive on it, she seeks it in an attempt to go viral. She tags herself in every post and searches out topics that she knows will 'garnish attention'*!

I have decided I will never click on any of her posts. She is horrible. 

*credit for awesome phrase: Nicole Naugler

She really overuses the term "mama bear." It's annoying as hell. She thinks she's a great mom for being g a mama bear but she's just harming her children. 

And it's hilarious how her own mother digitally high fives her on every single post. Her mommy still pats her on the head to keep her confidence up, lol. 

If she doesn't think the bathroom at her church bathroom is safe, maybe she needs to find another church.  'Cause, y'know, the church bathroom is used by fellow congregants (AKA people she already knows).  If her kids aren't safe around people she already knows, AT CHURCH, then maybe no place is safe.

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

If she doesn't think the bathroom at her church bathroom is safe, maybe she needs to find another church.  'Cause, y'know, the church bathroom is used by fellow congregants (AKA people she already knows).  If her kids aren't safe around people she already knows, AT CHURCH, then maybe no place is safe.

She's just the hysterical type that thinks there's a perv around every corner. I'm not surprised she forces her older children to go to the bathroom with her younger children. I'm sure she has the sister mom thing going strong in her home.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:39 AM, mango_fandango said:

She should team up with Lori Alexander.

On second thought, that's a terrifying idea. *shits self*

Put on a diaper because I noticed The Lori Alexander herself commented on one of TAM's ranting blog posts that she agree with her 100%.

They can be sweet and polite on the internet but if they ever had to get together in person, they would be rolling around on the ground ripping each other's hair out while shouting bible quotes at one another. 

Just caught up on this thread - how does someone live with that much self-righteous hate for others?

Also, am I right in assuming that this woman believes that trans men and women are not only paedophiles but, if competing in sports, disingenuous? (Of course we all know she's talking about trans women particularly, but I feel the idea of transgender people being perceived as liars and cheaters because one body/different gender is relevant here.) Horrible woman.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They can be sweet and polite on the internet but if they ever had to get together in person, they would be rolling around on the ground ripping each other's hair out while shouting bible quotes at one another. 

And instead of 'uncle' they yell 'SUBMIT'!

In a dirty knock out fight (because you know some of our fundie friends would play to win at all costs) who would win: The Activist Mommy or Lori Alexander?

3 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

And instead of 'uncle' they yell 'SUBMIT'!

In a dirty knock out fight (because you know some of our fundie friends would play to win at all costs) who would win: The Activist Mommy or Lori Alexander?

I hate to say it but I think The Asshole Mommy would win. She's younger than Lori and just looking at Lori makes me think she's not a good fighter. TAM is a small town midwesterner. She probably comes from heartier stock ;-)

I'm still confused at the idea that we live in a culture where sex trafficking and pedophilia are an epidemic. 

Have these people ever taken a real history class? I'd so rather live now than any other time. War is less, crime is lower than ever, people have more rights than ever, etc. Far from perfect, could be doing much better, but compared to the past, we are doing quite well. 

As others have already said, yes, be aware of creepy strangers and teach children not to take candy or the classic puppy line and to not go with anyone without asking your parents permission, etc. However, if people doing terrible things to your children is your fear, look closer to home. Have a look at your family, siblings, their parents, grandparents, uncles, rarely but possibly aunts, your friends, your neighbors, your church leaders, teachers, those are the ones most likely to harm your children. Far more than strangers. We teach children to worry about strangers. We don't teach them to worry about family or trusted adults around them. They shouldn't have to worry, but they should be aware and know they can talk to someone else they trust if one trusted adult tries to harm them in any way. Also to NEVER listen to anyone who tries to tell them not to tell someone even if the person threatens to harm them or someone they love if they tell. We must teach children to ignore them and tell another trusted adult ASAP. Yes, sex trafficking is an issue, but I don't think she's even close to being able to deal with the huge scope of such a reality, including a religion that treats women as property, ahem. 

I have worked with children from 6 weeks to primarily age 9, though have worked with 10-13 year olds some. I am totally a mama bear, very protective children and nothing pisses me off more and brings out my worst than a harmed child (or animal, but that's another matter). While I am quite protective of children, I am also not stupid. I am logically and aware of reality and risks. I don't tell children all the risks I know, but I am prepared for such a risk to happen. For example, a school shooting. The preschoolers aren't aware of such a risk to them and we don't tell them that risk, but us adults have plans in place in case their's a dangerous person who gets inside or is even outside the building. We have plans of what to do if we are outside or inside based on a threat. We have plans in place to make sure no one takes a child that's not authorized to do so. You can protect children without scaring them. You can talk to them about situations that could involve them and about appropriate and inappropriate touching and what to do if that happens in ways to make them aware, but not make them scared over it. 

FYI, when I was a child, about age 9, there was a man who was going into neighborhoods, even my own, and taking children. I remember this and parents being very worried and suddenly not wanting any of us out of sight. So, people snatching children is very real for me. The VP at my middle school was suspended and actually allowed back after he sexually abused a girl in my class who was barely 13. People blamed the poor girl and she left the school over the bullying when it was discovered she was the one who had been abused. Guess should say allegedly, since he didn't go to jail or anything for it, never convicted, but I remember the girl, I truly don't think she was making it all up. I believe he did it and got away with it and I wonder what happened to her and hope she is doing very well today. So, yes, this stuff happens, but you can't live in fear of it. You just have to try to protect yourself and tell your children how to try to protect themselves and also to always tell a trusted adult no matter what the abuser says. 

On 3/21/2017 at 4:51 PM, dairyfreelife said:

Any doctor against abortion, even for health issues like ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancies will kill you, it's not a joke. It can cause the organ to burst, which can lead to sepsis and death.

Both my sister and sister-in-law would be dead if they hadn't had emergency surgery for ectopic pregnancies, and they are both staunchly pro-life. They both had ruptured fallopian tubes and lots of internal bleeding. My SIL was passed out on the floor when my brother found her, they thought she wouldn't make it.

My sister who's visiting me right now says she wants to kick that doctor in the nuts. When a conservative christian mom of six says something like that, you know you've gone too far. 

32 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Have these people ever taken a real history class? I'd so rather live now than any other time. War is less, crime is lower than ever, people have more rights than ever, etc. Far from perfect, could be doing much better, but compared to the past, we are doing quite well. 

No, but they've read the bible and it's ok for trans people and homosexuals to be open about who they are. So therefore, there are more of them and they are all pedophiles. 

*Highly sarcastic and I don't believe any of that but sadly, I think that they do.*

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

When anyone says that kind of stuff, I think to myself that they must be white, not poor, Christian, straight, and quite privileged. Because anyone who is not white, not Christian, gay, and/or poor know that this is the best time for them to be alive. I would LOVE for those people to go back 50-100 years and live life as a poor person of color. Or a poor woman with 10 kids whose husband died in an accident. Or a gay person hiding their sexuality their entire lives. 

I have a low tolerance for overly privileged smug assholes who think they can tell others how to live. 

At this point I've worked with many, many children who have survived sexual abuse.

I have never personally seen a "stranger jumped out of the bushes/public bathroom/sketchy van" scenario. In all the cases I've worked with, the perpetrator gained the child's trust by grooming the child before abusing them. In the vast majority of cases I've worked with, the perpetrator has been a family member or friend. Not to say the stranger scenario doesn't exist - it does - but in my work experience it is a very unusual case that often gets undue emphasis in prevention efforts. 

I've also never personally witnessed an abuse case where the perpetrator was transgender. That's not to say that doesn't happen either - people who are transgender can make the same wrong choices as anyone else - but it's definitely not in any way a predictive risk factor. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived