IGNORED

The Activist Mommy (TAM) 1: Elizabeth Johnston

JermajestyDuggar

On 6/20/2017 at 1:48 PM, Liza said:

5949196aaeec2_thissaysitall.jpg.433d0f24adbeecb3ad9f6fece7310bb2.jpg

This says it all.

This is like a parody. Is there any audience out there who will read this and not laugh at how overwrought and false it sounds?

Who are these people, in the year of our lord 2017?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is like a parody. Is there any audience out there who will read this and not laugh at how overwrought and false it sounds?
Who are these people, in the year of our lord 2017?

Histrionic was the word I was thinking. 3d113bc9748e91a3678bc9d784e656ec.png

This bitch is one of the craziest and most vitriolic I've ever come across. Def up there with Zsu. 

Ugh. I can't even.

On 6/1/2017 at 9:43 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her quack husband makes good money with his books and upcoming movie

As long as he's not making it as, you know, a dr.  I'd be afraid for any patients he might have with his view on things.

On 6/5/2017 at 6:32 AM, Liza said:

Quck google re this 'church' brings up the word "cult" a number of times.  Exmaples:  belief in laying on of hands/healing, speaking in tongues and a literal devil.  

This is the church Sarah Palin goes to.  You might remember the footage of a witch doctor?  voodoo priest?  I can't remember exactly what he was called, but he prayed over her during her run for 1/2 Governor.  It was played a lot in the run up to the 08 election.

Finally caught up on this thread and have a few general (and mostly unrelated) comments.

First, I noticed when rereading my first post in this thread I typoed a name.  I meant Lori Alexander and Steve Anderson.  Apparently, I have better Maxwell muscle memory than Anderson ;)

Thank you for the Taylor Dane video.  Her hair was AMAZING wasn't it?  I miss the 80s so much. 

I think TAM is nice looking when she is smiling.  I am confused about the angry face on the "come see her speak" poster.  I would not want to see someone that looks like a viper speaking, but that's just me.

NO ONE is worse than Kate Gosselin....no one!  She prides herself on being a raging bitch and works hard at it.  No one is taking that away from her ;)

I don't understand the hysteria over trans-friendly bathrooms.  Nothing is stopping men from going into ladies' rooms now, so I highly doubt creepers are going to take the time to dress up like a woman just so they can go in a ladies room to perv on THE CHILDREN!  I've been in a fair number of restrooms over the years and have somehow managed to *never* see another person's genitalia.  I suspect the same will hold true if bathrooms are trans-friendly or just out right allowed men and women.  

I know that boycotting won't make a difference to the company, as I am one person.  However, *I* know that I'm not eating delicious chicken sammiches by not going to Chik-fil-a  or buying art supplies from Hobby Lobby (which I admit I have fallen down on since we actually got a hobby lobby here, but they were the only place I could purchase the aquapen I needed, so I caved that time).  I did feel guilty though!

I just find it so odd that the specific causes various big companies support are public knowledge. Over here no one knows if the supermarket chains or coffee shops or fast food restaurants support gay marriage or what. I suppose it's different because we aren't a federal state with each state having different laws etc. In the UK you get England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - each nation except England has its own parliament and some things are "devolved" to each parliament, e.g. the education system is different in Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Republic of Ireland is a different country entirely. Not in the UK. 

(Ours is a bloody confusing name- passports say United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which implies that Great Britain is England/Scotland/Wales. But the terms are used interchangeably e.g. at the Olympics we're just Team GB.) 

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet she believes that nursing in public should be illegal. So how are women supposed to exclusively nurse? Are they to never leave the house until the child is weaned? She's such an ass. 

IMG_3270.PNG

She is Ceritifiable.  Insane.  period.  How anyone can turn breastfeeding/not into "these are the same people for abortion??? is CRAZY ... or maybe she ran out of "material" that day????

2 hours ago, Liza said:

She is Ceritifiable.  Insane.  period.  How anyone can turn breastfeeding/not into "these are the same people for abortion??? is CRAZY ... or maybe she ran out of "material" that day????

What's hilarious is that this article is SIX years old. And then she goes on some sort of click bait tangent about being against nursing when really it was just about the timing of introducing solids.

She is constantly looking for something to be pissed off about. Practically everything she posts is complete overreaction hysteria or half truths. Yet so many people applaud her in the comment section. 

TAM sent her minions to review a book company on fb that publishes a lot of inclusive liberal type children's books. She urged them all to give 1 star. Well a bunch of people who hate TAM are giving the company 5 stars to counteract the 1 stars. 

If you want to also give 5 stars here is a link:

https://www.facebook.com/TriangleSquareBooks/

It is triangle square books if you want to search it on fb. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

TAM sent her minions to review a book company on fb that publishes a lot of inclusive liberal type children's books. She urged them all to give 1 star. Well a bunch of people who hate TAM are giving the company 5 stars to counteract the 1 stars. 

If you want to also give 5 stars here is a link:

https://www.facebook.com/TriangleSquareBooks/

It is triangle square books if you want to search it on fb. 

What a hateful bitch she is. I sound like a broken record, but I cannot understand the hatred some people have. How can she be so gross and mean? 

2 hours ago, Shiny said:

What a hateful bitch she is. I sound like a broken record, but I cannot understand the hatred some people have. How can she be so gross and mean? 

I honestly am starting to think she has a personality disorder. I'm not going to diagnose over the Internet but damn, she seems to have no conscience and craves constant attention. Or she's just a horrible wretched asshole. 

36 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Do other moms have this much freetime? Even SAHMs?

She homeschools and has 10 kids. She must be like all the other fundies. Does a half assed job homeschooling so they get a crappy education and makes the older ones tend to the younger ones. She's Jill Rod but married to a doctor. 

2 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Do other moms have this much freetime? Even SAHMs?

I do, because my children are in HS or college. I can zip though my house and garden stuff because I'm paring the extraneous stuff to a minimum.  I spend approx 240 mins on household cleaning and maintenance per diem. Spaced out so I'm not overwhelmed.

I use my free time trying to make the world a better place rather than try to force it to conform to my rigid views.

Why do people think she is so godly? She insults everyone! How is this not a sin but loving someone of the same sex is? She calls a guy a pervert because he says a nude bike ride in Portland looks like fun. 

IMG_3300.PNG

TAM is the featured example in this article from The Advocate. I have a question, this article mentions her husband's book is being made into a movie? Is that true?

The Real Housewives of Gilead

*snip*

In social media, perhaps no one better exemplifies the Real Housewives of Gilead more than “The Activist Mommy” (a.k.a. Grace Elizabeth Johnston). She has a Facebook page with 150,000 followers and a popular YouTube channel. She is married to Dr. Patrick Johnston (more on him later) and has 10 home-schooled children. She is best known for video diatribes against transgender people, Muslims, the women’s marches, feminists, acceptance of gay people, abortion, and birth control.

She regularly pickets Planned Parenthood clinics and posts pictures of gay people along with the caption “Leviticus 18:22” (which got her a temporary ban from Facebook and made her into an instant online martyr for Christianity, of course). She advocates “using your womb as a weapon” for God. She also goes to Pride Parades in Ohio to tell queer people they’re abominations worthy of death, unless they become Christians exactly like her.

Her husband is even more radical. He opposed all abortions, and is leading a crusade to convince people to try to carry ectopic pregnancies (the number 1 cause of maternal mortality in the developing world) to term, based on an anecdote in a journal article from 1994, which was later proved to be completely falsified.  He recommends executing everyone on death row immediately, and making homosexuality, immigration violations, and providing abortions (or aiding those who do) a capital crime. The sentence under a Patrick Johnston administration would be carried out immediately via biblical methods like stoning or crucifixion. Other lesser crimes, like breast-feeding in public, would be punishable with public flogging.

He’s also a doctor who opposes most vaccinations, (including polio, MMR, and pertussis), and recommends prayer as the preferred treatment for depression. He also suggests that people are mentally ill if they don’t want to own guns, and that people are fat because they are sinful. He states that “if you do not spank your kids you do not love them.” Dr. Johnston has also published racist articles stating that “the greatest threat to the African American community is the sin of African Americans.” 

It would be easy to dismiss him, but he ran a credible campaign for District 94 of the Ohio State House in 2008 and his novel The Reliant is being turned into a movie starring Eric Roberts and Kevin Sorbo. He wrote another dystopian novel that envisioned how a glorious new Gilead would arise in a clash of cultures, “where the superiority of the principles of Christianity prevail over a plethora of vicious opponents.”

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/6/27/real-housewives-gilead

Yes. His movie The Reliant has been filmed and will come out within the next year. I assume that since he can't support 10 kids as a doctor (I doubt he has a ton of new patients) he writes books for prepper fundies to masturbate to. 

15 minutes ago, EowynW said:

How is he a real dr? 

He is a DO. A family Doctor. I'm surprised he hasn't had his license taken away to be honest. He's obviously a complete nut job.

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He is a DO. A family Doctor. I'm surprised he hasn't had his license taken away to be honest. He's obviously a complete nut job.

I think he has to be sued a bunch for malpractice for his license to be taken away? Not that it would stop a man like him from trying to keep practicing. And it would feed into their persecution complex.

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's sad. I know so many good DOs! 

21 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I think he has to be sued a bunch for malpractice for his license to be taken away? Not that it would stop a man like him from trying to keep practicing. And it would feed into their persecution complex.

I'm guessing he's very careful about who he tells to keep their ectopic pregnancy. He knows he will be fucked if he urges women to risk their lives. 

I have a feeling the Johnstons have taken some of their child rearing advice from the Pearls' books:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040623131056/http://www.wherethetruthhurts.org:80/tractsbooksread.php?w=39&p=2

And a screen shot of their old blog makes me snicker. I always thought they were VF followers since they were friends with so many other VFers. I wonder how they took the fall of the tool:

IMG_3369.PNG

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived