IGNORED

The Activist Mommy (TAM) 1: Elizabeth Johnston

JermajestyDuggar

This thread is about Elizabeth Johnston's blog "The Activist Mommy." She was kicked off of Facebook in February over things she posted about the LBGT community. She made a stink and was reinstated. Her being banned for a short time drew attention from conservatives who flock to stories of Christian persecution. So her blog is more popular than ever. 

She often makes her video blogs while sitting in her bus with random music in the background. Some background info: She is from the Johnston family that has been talked about a little on FJ. She has 10 children. Her husband is Patrick Johnston and he is a prolife doctor who believes ectopic pregnancies should be left in god's hands. She likes to protest with her kids at planned parenthood and spent weeks a year or so ago traveling to Kim Davis (staying for weeks) in support of her. They are friends with other famous FJ fundie families like the Mortons, Campanas, Roberts, and a few others in that group.

https://m.facebook.com/theactivistmommy/?tsid=0.9625496389776989&source=typeahead

This is her FB blog page. She makes video rants quite often if you want to take a look. Her latest is a rant on Tomi Lahren. Her past rants have been about the women's march, transgender rights and abortion.  

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also want to add that she made a huge stink about freedom of speech on FB because she was kicked off for a short time based on her bigoted Christian views. However I noticed that she deleted a few comments on her Facebook that disagreed with her. They weren't harassing or vulgar comments or anything like that. 

So she only cries about free speech when she agrees with what is being said. Much like all the conservatives that are now against Tomi Lahren for being prochoice (which she has ranted about). 

What these idiots don't understand is that free speech works two ways. You're allowed to spew your bigoted hate, and we're allowed to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

What these idiots don't understand is that free speech works two ways. You're allowed to spew your bigoted hate, and we're allowed to disagree. 

I also noticed she's one of those lovely people who post pictures of planned parenthood workers calling them baby killers in order to shame them. She likes to use her freedom of speech to act like a complete asshole. 

Any doctor against abortion, even for health issues like ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancies will kill you, it's not a joke. It can cause the organ to burst, which can lead to sepsis and death. I have a condition that puts me at a high risk of this condition. I am not and will not risk my life and any chance of a future pregnancy by destroying my organs and risking my death for a fetus that has zero chance of survival. If you had one an ectopic pregnancy once, you have a greater risk of having one again. How many times do you think you will "get lucky" if you lived through it once?

Also, you don't need medicine for mental illness, you just need their god. Become a Christian and you will magically stop having issues. Also, if you do, it's because you are in sin. Also, suffering makes you closer to their god. Anxiety is a normal emotion, so that severe anxiety and phobias you have, well, it's because you don't trust their god enough and are insulting him so read some verses and you will just get over it. Plus pain is simply a call to their god. Maybe you are just ungrateful. If you are not their type of Christian, then that's why you have mental illness. Apparently, when I was a Christian, I was just a bad one and that's why my issues with severe anxiety and depression and OCD just didn't magically poof into oblivion. 

He recommends "some" vaccines, but not most and not any that have "aborted fetal tissue", ignoring that "aborted" doesn't mean someone actually aborted them. Miscarriage is medically called spontaneous abortion. I would have thought doctors knew this. I have seen if it was actually a miscarriage or the mother decided to abort, but it doesn't matter. It's an adjunct, not something that's being injected into your arm with each vaccine. I nearly failed Chemistry and yet I know this. He went to medical school. The only vax I didn't get and wish I had, but because of a mix of doctor changes and moves and at times no insurance at all, I did not get the HPV. However, def will with future children I may have. Of course, any of the ones not given yet back in the 80s and 90s I don't have. I got my Hep A in the past year because of my travel plans to a less-clean country. Will also be getting typhoid a couple weeks ahead of the journey, joy. This crackpot is against the polio, varicella, and MMR vaccines. Fucking idiot has no damn clue. My bf's country still has polio unlike the US. It's easy to say when you live in a time and place where you have never seen the results of such disease. I won't get into the measles/mumps/rubella, but pregnant women often miscarry or cause serious disability in a fetus from some of these sicknesses, so, is the vaccine or disease better for pro-lifers who think a fetus is a human? Plus can cause infertility, so, uh, guess they don't care much about reproduction after all? 

For more fun, Medicare and Social Security are communist, 95% of gays are evil, Separation of Church and State is not true, School Shootings will all stop when Principals and Teachers have guns (except all the times when shootings happened and people had guns and were unable to stop the killer(s), but I digress), and we live in an unnatural age so childbirth naturally is the way to go. On the shootings, that this nutjob owns a gun kinda scares me. 

Didn't we discuss them a while back?  The names sound awfully familiar.

ETA:  Found it!

I also noticed she's one of those lovely people who post pictures of planned parenthood workers calling them baby killers in order to shame them. She likes to use her freedom of speech to act like a complete asshole. 

Of course she does and I hope that those workers feel not one hint of shame. That woman should be ashamed of herself. What a bigoted idiot!

59 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Didn't we discuss them a while back?  The names sound awfully familiar.

ETA:  Found it!

Her blog has recently become more popular due to her perceived Christian persecution. We haven't really discussed her blog since the thread about the family started awhile back. I thought it would be great snarking material. She's just so full of herself and smug. And hateful of course. I think she does her video rants in her bus in order to get away from her eleventy kids, lol.

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

Any doctor against abortion, even for health issues like ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancies will kill you, it's not a joke. It can cause the organ to burst, which can lead to sepsis and death. I have a condition that puts me at a high risk of this condition. I am not and will not risk my life and any chance of a future pregnancy by destroying my organs and risking my death for a fetus that has zero chance of survival. If you had one an ectopic pregnancy once, you have a greater risk of having one again. How many times do you think you will "get lucky" if you lived through it once?

He actually thinks there's a good chance the ectopic pregnancy will magically reattach in the womb. The guy is delusional.

Wow!  What an angry woman!  Who else is hoping her ten kids go the way of the elder Jeubs?

I ran across her a while back via the Campanas-S'Mortons, her daughter Charity Johnston filmed Alyssa Campana and Samuel Morton's wedding.  She crazy.  And lives close-ish to me, unfortunately.  Where the hell did Dr. Johnston go to school that he believes ectopic pregnancies aren't dangerous?  I didn't think there was a Medical SOTDRT granting MDs, but maybe so in his case.

12 minutes ago, dramallama said:

I ran across her a while back via the Campanas-S'Mortons, her daughter Charity Johnston filmed Alyssa Campana and Samuel Morton's wedding.  She crazy.  And lives close-ish to me, unfortunately.  Where the hell did Dr. Johnston go to school that he believes ectopic pregnancies aren't dangerous?  I didn't think there was a Medical SOTDRT granting MDs, but maybe so in his case.

I think he went to a normal college. But I'm guessing he adopted his Christian quack beliefs after college. 

I hope she stays too busy with her 10 kids and blog to go protest planned parenthood with her kids. Doesn't her daughter look thrilled?

IMG_1804.PNG

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He actually thinks there's a good chance the ectopic pregnancy will magically reattach in the womb. The guy is delusional.

Oh goodness, yes. His "articles" about them are insane. He claims that in late 1800s to early 1930s there were several ectopic pregnancies that survived and that is proof enough. I wondered how people back then could tell where the fetus was implanted considered ultrasounds didn't exist back then. They site a case in Medical literature where a doctor transplanted a fetus from a fallopian tube to the uterus. I found that article and the doctor stated that while he did this with success with a healthy mom and baby in the end, he advised against this and said if caught early it should be removed asap. So, Dr. Wallace, the doctor who did the procedure, was fully on board with aborting ectopic pregnancies. In the 1917 case they though she had a fibroid and when they went to remove it, discovered she had a fetus and that's when they did the implantation to the uterus and were actually successful. Despite the thoughts that this method could work in the future, it doesn't seem this has been an option and his case was more or less, a fluke. 

This wackadoodle thinks your tube should rupture and when it does the fetus will implant somewhere else, most likely the uterus. And this totally won't cause any issues with your fertility in the future if your fallopian tube ruptures. It also totally won't cause infection leading to sepsis or septic shock and likely death. Nope, it will just rupture and magically the fetus will implant to the uterus and your tube will heal itself. Suuurrrreeeeeee.

It drives me crazy when Americans like this blogger fail to understand the United States Constitution well enough know exactly what the First Amendment guarantees about free speech.

The First Amendment decrees that the government cannot dictate the speech that is and is not permitted to you. Individuals and companies that own a space (including a website) have every right to dictate what can or cannot be said in that space. Facebook is not the government. They have the ability to set rules about what content is acceptable on their site without any constitutional contradiction, because the First Amendment is not about restricting the actions of private entities, it's about restricting what type of laws can be passed against the citizenry.

This is very obvious if someone were to actually... you know... read it, instead of just reading other conservative websites and assuming.

And of course, disagreement, dissenting opinions, debate, and even insults do not mean you were prevented from speaking freely. Other people are not obligated to agree, to refrain from arguing, or even to listen at all. Fundies often seem to struggle to understand that - though only when they are the ones who want to talk, not when someone they disagree with is speaking.

She seems to crave attention and is desperate to become internet famous. She probably wants to be the next Ann Coulter. But better. Because she has 10 kids, a doctor husband,  and a she's better Christian.... obviously.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She seems to crave attention and is desperate to become internet famous. She probably wants to be the next Ann Coulter. But better. Because she has 10 kids, a doctor husband,  and a she's better Christian.... obviously.

Wrong -- she's going to be Ohio's First Lady.  I found this, um, I don't know what to call it.  An entry in his diary?

http://newswithviews.com/Johnston/patrick134.htm

"My first speech as governor of Ohio" (dated August 5, 2011, which was in the first year of John Kasich's governorship).  Chock full of such choice words as sodomy, fornication, innocent blood, bloodguilt, godless, assault, rape, federal tyranny, unlawful hate speech statutes.  You know, uplifting, encouraging words.  Two parts really stuck out:

Ohio’s Correctional Institutions consume a huge percentage of our state budget, profiting a huge bureaucracy at the expense of the taxpaying victims. We turn today from this failed godless system to the inexpensive and effective system found within the word of God.

Capital criminals will be executed quickly and publicly, with the caveats God’s Word provides to secure against false convictions. Restitution, public flogging, and “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth” punishments will replace our failed system. We can rely on the promises of God’s Word in Deuteronomy 13:11 and other passages that if we will obey God and do justice as He instructs, crime and injustice are coming to an end in Ohio.

So now we'll stone people to death or hang them on crosses.

We bind ourselves down to the law, and will leave the free people of Ohio to care for the poor, to provide education for their children, to promote the arts, and to do all of the other good and important things that the state government has done unlawfully in the past.

So now everyone has to homeschool, and if you're poor, you're on your own?

She sure spent a lot of time on her FB whining about the Women's March. Oh no, people took children to it! They might have seen vulgar signs! Shouldn't those women be at work (or IN THE KITCHEN) instead of out in the streets?

Lol, I was at the march. It was on a Saturday, for one thing. And the people I saw there were, without exception, incredibly friendly and gracious. More than you can say for the nasty folks who take their kids to spend all day waving graphic signs outside Planned Parenthood.

6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She sure spent a lot of time on her FB whining about the Women's March. Oh no, people took children to it! They might have seen vulgar signs! Shouldn't those women be at work (or IN THE KITCHEN) instead of out in the streets?

Lol, I was at the march. It was on a Saturday, for one thing. And the people I saw there were, without exception, incredibly friendly and gracious. More than you can say for the nasty folks who take their kids to spend all day waving graphic signs outside Planned Parenthood.

Exactly. She spends her time protesting planned parenthood and forces her kids along. I've seen the nasty graphic signs those types of people have their children hold. They are bloody and gory. But she cries about a few silly vagina hats. You know your husband is a doctor. Let's hope he has taught your children about anatomy. A vagina is only as offensive  as you make it my dear. Your vagina brought 10 children into the world. 10 children I hope break free from your insane beliefs.

Didn't Spanky Sproul's new wife claim to have an ectopic pregnancy that miraculously moved into her womb or something?

Anyway, yeah. This lady. The stunts she makes their kids do at protests are disgusting ("look! Even my eight-year-old thinks gay people don't deserve to live!") Hope her 10 followers on Facebook like that sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Didn't Spanky Sproul's new wife claim to have an ectopic pregnancy that miraculously moved into her womb or something?

Anyway, yeah. This lady. The stunts she makes their kids do at protests are disgusting ("look! Even my eight-year-old thinks gay people don't deserve to live!") Hope her 10 followers on Facebook like that sort of thing.

What is sad is that she has so many followers on fb! Christians are feeling so persecuted these days that they seem to love her hate filled rants.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think he went to a normal college. But I'm guessing he adopted his Christian quack beliefs after college. 

I hope she stays too busy with her 10 kids and blog to go protest planned parenthood with her kids. Doesn't her daughter look thrilled?

IMG_1804.PNG

She's got the Duggar perm thing going on.

I find it hard to take seriously anyone who put their own quotes on their own pictures and then upload it on their own FB page. 

What never ceases to completely blow my mind about the free speech situation is this:

A: Random person speaks mind + Fundie responds = totally fine, that's free speech

B: Fundie speaks mind + random person responds = absolutely not fine, persecution ELEVENTY.

The equation could go a million different ways and yet B is almost never acceptable to the Fundie. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived