IGNORED

Flat Earth Theory

GenerationCedarchip

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't picture the Earth as flat. What is underneath? How much money would someone pay for pictures of the edge of earth...a lot I'd think. Does cloud cover or atmosphere come into play at all? Are the other planets also flat? I need answers! 

On 22/03/2017 at 1:24 PM, onekidanddone said:

There might be dragons.

Cube people.! I keep saying here on FJ. The earth is a cube. Sigh nobody believes me.  I'm going to go throw myself off the edge of the cube and sulk

In my region there are three species of dragon! ;)

Ah yes, TimeCube...

Spoiler

Screen_grab_of_the_Time_Cube_website.png

I'm pretty sure we had a flat earth thread a few months back.  Actually, it was a creationism and flat earth thread.  That's kinda amusing, because since then I've found a creationist anti-flat video:

On Wed Mar 22 2017 at 9:20 AM, Zuzus Petals said:

I haven't had this discussion with my nephew yet, but I've been told he believes the earth is pie shaped.  This is why you don't fall off the edge.  

Well that is RIDICULOUS! Everyone knows you never get to the Earth's edge, let alone fall off it, because by about a mile before that edge the dome which covers the flat earth is so low you hit your head on it and couldn't possibly squish yourself down enough to even touch the edge with your outstretched arm. 

Also is it pie shaped or pi shaped?

I just think they all read too many Discworld books under the influence of interesting chemicals. 

16 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I just think they all read too many Discworld books under the influence of interesting chemicals. 

Or they've seen The Truman Show a few too many times and think that scene where Truman get to the edge of his world in his sailboat is how things really are.

• 4 months later...

I just found Flat Earthers on twitter, and I've spent way too much time reading their nonsense. My FAVORITE explanation about why the earth can't be round is "Water is heavy. So all the water would be pulled to the bottom (i.e. Southern Hemisphere) while all the continents were pushed to the top." That's only possible because "Gravity is a lie." 

Someone posted on DailyKos a few days ago a meme that cats proved the Earth wasn't flat years ago.  If it was flat, they'd have pushed everything over the edge eons ago.

Archived