IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

Erin is showing her flowers today. Making me jealous because I won't see flowers until May. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1.4.2017 at 0:21 AM, Carm_88 said:

Erin is showing her flowers today. Making me jealous because I won't see flowers until May. 

I have some freshly planted tulips in my front yard. The tulips I put in the front yard one and a half year ago were very beautiful last spring. Everybody told me if I will not cut them, they would bloom again this spring. Well they did not. They have only leaves. My tulips seem to be infertile. 

5 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I have some freshly planted tulips in my front yard. The tulips I put in the front yard one and a half year ago were very beautiful last spring. Everybody told me if I will not cut them, they would bloom again this spring. Well they did not. They have only leaves. My tulips seem to be infertile. 

I'm sorry to hear that your tulips are unable to fill their quiver. ;)

10 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

They have only leaves. My tulips seem to be infertile. 

They are waiting on God's perfect timing.

12 hours ago, JillyO said:

I'm sorry to hear that your tulips are unable to fill their quiver. ;)

She really needs to start burning any baby dolls that are in the house. Bet the doll demons are keeping them from blooming. 

19 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

It seems your tulips have moved on to a new SEASON of life.

(... I'll take super lame jokes for 200, Alex... :pb_lol:)

My tulip bulbs are currently in the fridge waiting to be planted in the next week or two.

I bought over 50 bulbs, if they all bloom does this mean I have the most successful quiver of all? 

5 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

My tulip bulbs are currently in the fridge waiting to be planted in the next week or two.

I bought over 50 bulbs, if they all bloom does this mean I have the most successful quiver of all? 

Maybe. But you really shouldn't go into this commitment expecting anything. You should work on being content with what the Lord provides.

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Maybe. But you really shouldn't go into this commitment expecting anything. You should work on being content with what the Lord provides.

I'll make sure I remind myself that expectations lead to disappointment. Should I ask my headship to arrange a helpmeeet to raise them from God's earth for me?

10 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Make sure your testimony about how you trained those tulips up is in order! :) 

I find Erin's IG so manufactured and fake. It's like she's trying to hard to say "See! I have the perfect life!"

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I find Erin's IG so manufactured and fake. It's like she's trying to hard to say "See! I have the perfect life!"

Well, to her she does have a perfect life and she's rubbing it in our faces. Sadly young fundie women all over the country see these pics and want to be just like her. Nothing wrong with having a good husband, babies, and a family. The sad part are their beliefs. But at least she's doing better than Sarah Maxwell at the moment.

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I find Erin's IG so manufactured and fake.

Granted, most people don't post a true version of their life on social media. Whenever I see these "perfect" lives I am reminded of how the Seven Sisters always showed a super happy, perfect life but it ends up one of those sisters was profoundly depresses and suicidal. None of that came through on what they were posting. The staged blogs and social media accounts give no real idea on how these people's lives are really going. Who knows what Erin's life is really like.

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Granted, most people don't post a true version of their life on social media. Whenever I see these "perfect" lives I am reminded of how the Seven Sisters always showed a super happy, perfect life but it ends up one of those sisters was profoundly depresses and suicidal. None of that came through on what they were posting. The staged blogs and social media accounts give no real idea on how these people's lives are really going. Who knows what Erin's life is really like.

I always go back to my group trip. This one couple, she would constantly post how happy and loving life things are. Except I spent 2 weeks with them. I know the behind the picture stories. Like how she tried to sleep with another tour mate and her constant bitching about things. Everything on social media is fake. I wouldn't post how sad and depressed I am sometimes. No one wants to see that. They'd rather see tbts of my trips and what concert I went to. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

As everybody else in IG (me including, I confess).

26 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

As everybody else in IG (me including, I confess).

Okay... I'm sorry, but I'm cracking up at the idea that I'm trying to fake a perfect life on Instagram. I post photos of funny things I see, things I read, the squirrel that visits my balcony, my grandma's cat, maybe an interesting cloud formation... Plenty of people use social media to keep in touch with family and friends, and aren't all that concerned with faking a perfect life. 

Now with the Bateses, their livelihood comes from their public image. Nothing on their social media is 'real'. It's at the very least very carefully selected to reinforce their image and push their product, but often it's planned specifically for that purpose. 

Which is why we have images like the pictures she posted today, but nothing from Tabitha's wedding. They know well enough that it wasn't well received and they aren't going to admit they were there. 

I get what you're all saying about social media and what we post, but the thing about Erin's is that she seems to put an effort into staging all of her photos. For me, I just take pictures of food and books. I don't attempt to stage everything perfectly. That's what I find so amusing about hers. 

Are the Bates going to keep those hay bales in their front yard forever? Is this some sort of Pinterest-y design trend I don't know about?

8 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well, to her she does have a perfect life and she's rubbing it in our faces. Sadly young fundie women all over the country see these pics and want to be just like her. Nothing wrong with having a good husband, babies, and a family. The sad part are their beliefs. But at least she's doing better than Sarah Maxwell at the moment.

How is Sarah Maxwell's miserable existence these days? I cringe at her blog posts. 

At least Sarah Maxwell isn't Kelly Bradrick. That picture of her pregnant, holding a baby, with a toddler holding her leg shows how miserable some of these former SAHDs end up. The ones who don't end up married till late(or never) might be the lucky ones. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived