IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have much hope here, but there are also some secular song lyrics on the pillow behind Brooklyn.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:05 AM, BeccaGrim said:

Oh yes. I'm a very secular Jew but my years in Hebrew School as a child were very clear, you did not write the word G-d.  (You put that dash in there) and you did not do anything to mark up a text.  

Exactly my experience. I dated a guy who was LDS and he couldn't understand why I'd never write out G-d.

But I also took some college courses where we studied bible passages (from a historical/literary perspective). And I would never mark anything directly in a bible, but photocopies of English translation seemed okay to mark up.

15 hours ago, imokit said:

And wearing pants with no skirt/tutu/tunic!

Well, she's got the mandatory pink flower headband, so there is no gender confusion

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, Carm_88 said:

Brooklyn's face in some of these pictures is quite priceless!

She's very cute. I think she looks like Chad. 

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Any update on Chad's poor sister and her squiggy older (rapist) husband?? Major ick-feelings on that guy.

None that I have heard of. They seem to be laying pretty low. 

I doubt that this will ever change. We might see them in someone elses wedding or things like that, but I truely doubt that they'll have a shared social media account or a blog.

21 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Any update on Chad's poor sister and her squiggy older (rapist) husband?? Major ick-feelings on that guy.

Agreed. It is so creepy. 

Modesty fail. I feel weird for saying it but a few fans in the comments pointed out that Erin's dress could use a slip

*I cropped the see through part of the dress out bc I felt creepy sharing it.

IMG_9483.PNG

I'm quite surprised they posted that photo! Not only is it rather unflattering of everyone, but I really don't think Erin would appreciate it given we know her opinion in modesty. She is wearing a slip/the dress is lined but it's still sheer in that lighting. I have dresses like this, they seem fine but pulled tight against you they aren't as modest anymore.

42 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm quite surprised they posted that photo! Not only is it rather unflattering of everyone, but I really don't think Erin would appreciate it given we know her opinion in modesty. She is wearing a slip/the dress is lined but it's still sheer in that lighting. I have dresses like this, they seem fine but pulled tight against you they aren't as modest anymore.

I feel badly for her. In fundie world where modesty means EVERYTHING having a photo broadcast to 89k IG followers where your underwear are showing has to be so mortifying and upsetting. It would be upsetting for anyone.

52 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I feel badly for her. In fundie world where modesty means EVERYTHING having a photo broadcast to 89k IG followers where your underwear are showing has to be so mortifying and upsetting. It would be upsetting for anyone.

The other day at work,I'd used the bathroom and was washing my hands, but the back of my dress was caught in the top of my tights and I had no idea (it was a very lightweight fabric and didn't feel caught!).

Anyway, as I was finishing up another lady came in and said, "Quick, your skirt!" And I was mortified that she'd seen the my underwear (albeit very tame, black granny pants). 

That was one lady in my company. I was very grateful she pointed it out, but I'm still mortified she had to see, and I am in no way a modesty-loving fundamentalist, public figure!

8 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

The other day at work,I'd used the bathroom and was washing my hands, but the back of my dress was caught in the top of my tights and I had no idea (it was a very lightweight fabric and didn't feel caught!).

Anyway, as I was finishing up another lady came in and said, "Quick, your skirt!" And I was mortified that she'd seen the my underwear (albeit very tame, black granny pants). 

That was one lady in my company. I was very grateful she pointed it out, but I'm still mortified she had to see, and I am in no way a modesty-loving fundamentalist, public figure!

I told a lady this morning on the subway that the back of her skirt was hiked up. Its mortifying to be told, but more mortifying if no one cares enough to  tell you.

Poor Erin! That has to be hard, especially being a fundie. It's embarrassing enough as a normal person but I can't imagine being a fundie. The internet is forever. 

A few years ago I had to attend a meeting where everyone going to be dressed in business attire.  I put on my best outfit, black slacks with a nice dressy top and put on heels and jewelry.  I was ready.  But when I got out of the car I started to slip and was struggling to regain my footing and not drop my purse and my paperwork, so I barely noticed the tug on my slacks and was only just starting to wonder why it felt so much cooler than it was earlier.  I turned to shut my door and lock up, and when I turned around again I saw a car driving full of people driving by.  They were all looking at me and laughing.

Then I started towards the building when I noticed a man running up to me.  He looked almost panicked and was calling out "Ma'am, wait a moment!"  I waited and he got to me and did a strange thing.  He deliberately placed himself between me and the building, I turned to face him fully and found that I was backed up against my car.  Then he lowered his voice and said "I think you tore your pants on something, you're hanging out back there."  I looked behind me and saw that I didn't just tear my pants, the whole backside was hanging down around my knees.  I almost cried on the spot.

The man was nice, though.  He saw the paperwork I was carrying and asked if I was attending the meeting in room whatever.  I nodded and he told me he was running the meeting.  He asked for my name and told me that he'd start the meeting and go through the small stuff first, so I could go home and change and join them later.  He was really very nice about it.  He promised me he'd only tell the others that I'd called in to say I was running late.  He politely turned his back and blocked me from view so I could get back in my car, where I saw that a wire from the seat had poked up and caught on my pants.

When I returned an hour later, not dressed as nicely as before, no one acted like anything was unusual, so either they were all good actors or the man kept his promise.

This is why I always wear shorts, a slip or another undergarment under everything. I have been "up in the back"  way too many times at home. Thankfully, never in public.

I was at a funeral when my skirt got caught but praise that I was wearing compression shorts cause leaving from the church with that happening was the worst!!

I learned that wearing shorts is always a good thing underneath dresses and skirts, you just never know when the wind will blow. 

Erin sending good wishes and prayers to those who are and will be affected by Hurricane Irma.

12 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

Have we heard about Alyssa and John? Have any of the Bates posted anything?

Not that I've seen. They live in the interior - near Orlando - though. The Kellers live about 80 miles north of them in the central northern part of the state. Other users who are in Florida said people not in the real danger zone (like Miami) probably won't evacuate, but will shelter somewhere safe with supplies.

Even some people in Miami aren't leaving. I know a man who is staying - partly because he lives in a very structurally secure apartment building (he got the ok from people who know what they're talking about) and partly because his friend needed his car to evacuate her family because their house wasn't safe. Others may not be able to evacuate because they have nowhere to go or no sources to utilize. It takes money to evacuate and a lot of people in Miami simply don't have the ability to get out.

I'm just crossing my fingers that Mar-a-Lago is the only thing destroyed (with no loss of life.) It would warm my withered little heart to see the Tiny Handed Tyrant cry.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived