IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 26 - Double Baked Duggars

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I read nothing but xfiles fan fic pretty much. I need it on the daily. *shrugs*

But the X-files is pretty much the best thing EVER.  

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else bored by the Duggars lately?  I guess because it's one courtship/engagement/quicky wedding/birth announcement after the next.  No one is ever leaving.  No one even goes to Clown College.  Bored now.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Is anyone else bored by the Duggars lately?  I guess because it's one courtship/engagement/quicky wedding/birth announcement after the next.  No one is ever leaving.  No one even goes to Clown College.  Bored now.  

Totally; I was more riveted that I'd like to admit during Jinger's engagement and wedding. I've got a doom-and-gloom feeling about both her and the Dillards, so maybe we'll get some more snarking material soon (unfortunately).

6 hours ago, Pasta said:

I don't recognize half the people in the photo. 

I think that is the point of what t hey are trying to achieve. 

A mass amount of people all claiming to be part of the family yet aren't 

it's what they live for. 

I was perusing the comments of a shitty article about Baby Smug Five. Stumbled across this:

IMG_2201.PNG

Did we talk about anything like this at the time? There was so much activity and so much information I lost track.

I was perusing the comments of a shitty article about Baby Smug Five. Stumbled across this:
IMG_2201.PNG
Did we talk about anything like this at the time? There was so much activity and so much information I lost track.

The insurance thing sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, kacarlton said:

The insurance thing sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I could be wrong.

I thought so too. Wasn't sure if I was imaging things or not. I'm guessing we probably discussed something like this at the time, but no clue it the accusation was true or not. I'll have to look into it when I have time.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I thought so too. Wasn't sure if I was imaging things or not. I'm guessing we probably discussed something like this at the time, but no clue it the accusation was true or not. I'll have to look into it when I have time.

What did they lie about? So in theory they could be charged with perjury? 

https://www.joomag.com/magazine/crown-of-beauty-magazine-the-brave-issue/0787134001488209231

Looks like the Duggar girls did another interview, this time for Crown of Beauty magazine. The publication appears to be a conservative Christian one, though not as much as the Duggars. There's *gasp* Disney in it!

This isn't the first time that the girls have done a piece for them; they did an interview about 2 years ago as well, per this post:

The article is pretty much the same old "Jessa and Jill love being moms, Jana's waiting on the Lord, Joy loves Austin's love of the Lord and His Word", with some added "advice for singles" from Jessa and a Bible study.

Oh, and they misspelled Jinger's married name as "Volo". :P

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Oh, and they misspelled Jinger's married name as "Volo".

Volo? More like YOLO! 

I'll see myself out ;) 

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Oh, and they misspelled Jinger's married name as "Volo". :P

OK- Italians on freejinger, how would you pronounce Vuolo? I took Italian in high school and we were taught it would be said like Vwoh-loh (I'm basing this off of vuoi). Yet the Duggars and the Vuolos all say Volo. 

Any native Italian speakers out there?

I used to read ff. I've seen some bad, bad things...

I still am an unashamed lover of fic, and have been for nearly 20 years. I have seen some shit though, much of it I wish I could unsee.

I read an alarming amount of Gilmore Girls fanfic in 2007-2008 because I was so disappointed in the final season. But I've never read any other fanfic. Is it still fanfic if it's about real people?

It's called Real Person Fic and is a hotly debated topic in fic circles. Personally, I'm deeply uncomfortable with it. It's one thing to imagine characters. Another to do so with real people that exist.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

OK- Italians on freejinger, how would you pronounce Vuolo? I took Italian in high school and we were taught it would be said like Vwoh-loh (I'm basing this off of vuoi). Yet the Duggars and the Vuolos all say Volo. 

Any native Italian speakers out there?

Here i am if i have to say that in italian i would pronunce like vuoi so with the u and o listen non silent i can'tunderstand why the Duggars have to say Volo...well i have an idea because they want to be special also for that :content:

20 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Here i am if i have to say that in italian i would pronunce like vuoi so with the u and o listen non silent i can'tunderstand why the Duggars have to say Volo...well i have an idea because they want to be special also for that :content:

It's weird though because the Vuolo family says Volo too. 

7 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I think the pronunciation is probably regional; IIRC northern Italians pronounce all the vowels but southern not so much. 

Could just be because they're pretty far removed from their Italian origins by now. I mean, I don't pronounce my own last name the 'right' way.

42 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Could just be because they're pretty far removed from their Italian origins by now. I mean, I don't pronounce my own last name the 'right' way.

This. This is so frequently the case in the US... I like to think it's changing, but we can be really resistant to learning non-English language conventions. This family was probably made to choose between asking people to say "voh-low" or "voo-oh-low" a few generations back. I seriously doubt "vwoh-loh" would have been a viable pronunciation option for many people they encountered in the US.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

It's Americanized. I have a Sicilian last name that's pronounced phonetically in the States (for the most part). But in Italian, it's pronounced much differently (there's a Z in the middle that is the main culprit). 

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

It's called Real Person Fic and is a hotly debated topic in fic circles. Personally, I'm deeply uncomfortable with it. It's one thing to imagine characters. Another to do so with real people that exist.

I keep away form RPFs ...even those based tv series like  The Tudors ...don't get me talking about Phillipa Gregory..

I keep away form RPFs ...even those based tv series like  The Tudors ...don't get me talking about Phillipa Gregory..

I do too and since my current fandom is Olicity, I had to blacklist the hell out of a bunch of stuff so as to hide from the horrors of the Stemily shippers. It's so gross imho to ship real people. They are actors, not their characters.

4 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I have always liked historical fiction and had never really thought about the historical fiction books that cross the line between history and fiction (like Phillips Gregory) from an ethical standpoint. I just never read her stuff because somebody suggested it, I picked up one that wasn't the Tudor saga but rather all about incest and it was toooooo much for me and I never looked back. 

1 hour ago, send*the*ferrets said:

I have always liked historical fiction and had never really thought about the historical fiction books that cross the line between history and fiction (like Phillips Gregory) from an ethical standpoint. I just never read her stuff because somebody suggested it, I picked up one that wasn't the Tudor saga but rather all about incest and it was toooooo much for me and I never looked back. 

Wideacre. I know because I just read that shit and I have nooooo idea why. Gross 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived