IGNORED

Hypocrisy, Thy Name Is Republican

47of74

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Be fair now, watching the news is the only way little Barron gets to see his dad these days. 

:roasting:     Hahaha, sweet burn. Everyone give Amazon cookies!

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

Uh oh

An ongoing investigation into “suspicious” activity in the back seat of a car involving an inmate trustee at the Fauquier County jail led to the Tuesday arrest of Teresa Jo Burchfield, the wife of an ethics attorney to President Donald Trump’s business organization.

Burchfield, 53, is married to Bobby R. Burchfield, a partner at Washington’s King and Spaulding, who was appointed as an independent ethics advisor to the Donald J. Revocable Trust in January.

Teresa Jo Burchfield was arrested Tuesday afternoon in a parking lot adjacent to the Fauquier County Adult Detention Center after deputies found her in the backseat of a car with an inmate/trustee at the jail, according to sheriff’s office Sgt. James Hartman.

"The defendant was caught in the backseat of her vehicle with an inmate...," Dept. J. B. Thorpe wrote in Burchfield's criminal complaint. "When the inmate exited the vehicle, he handed me a bag of brown pills (capsules), that he claims to be workout pills." 

• Upvote 7

Trump and ethics in the same article makes my eye all twitch and I get all stabby.

• Upvote 9

I figured this thread is as good as any for this tidbit: "Wife of top GOP lawyer is arrested after parking-lot tryst with Fauquier inmate"

Spoiler

Teresa Jo Burchfield, the wife of a prominent GOP lawyer who has served three presidents, was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly delivering contraband items to an inmate after the two had sex in a car outside the Fauquier County, Va., jail, according to county records.

Detectives arrested Burchfield after discovering her and a 23-year-old inmate in the back seat of a car parked in a lot next to the jail, the sheriff’s office said in a news release. The couple had been having sex, according to a criminal complaint filed at Fauquier County General District Court obtained by the Fauquier Times, which first reported the arrest.

During their parking-lot assignation, Burchfield had given the inmate — who was allowed outside because of his minimal sentence and status as a “trustee” — clothing, cigarettes and what detectives suspect are over-the-counter vitamin supplements, the sheriff’s office said. The McLean woman, 53, was charged with a class 1 misdemeanor.

Her husband, Bobby Burchfield, is a veteran GOP lawyer whom the Trump Organization picked as outside ethics counsel to help navigate the potential conflicts of interest between the business and President Trump’s administration. Bobby Burchfield also advised both Bush presidential teams and is a partner in the Washington office of law firm giant King & Spalding.

Reached at his law office, Bobby Burchfield had no comment. Efforts to reach Teresa Burchfield were not immediately successful.

Well, I guess her hubby can recommend a good lawyer.

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I figured this thread is as good as any for this tidbit: "Wife of top GOP lawyer is arrested after parking-lot tryst with Fauquier inmate"

Reveal hidden contents

Teresa Jo Burchfield, the wife of a prominent GOP lawyer who has served three presidents, was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly delivering contraband items to an inmate after the two had sex in a car outside the Fauquier County, Va., jail, according to county records.

Detectives arrested Burchfield after discovering her and a 23-year-old inmate in the back seat of a car parked in a lot next to the jail, the sheriff’s office said in a news release. The couple had been having sex, according to a criminal complaint filed at Fauquier County General District Court obtained by the Fauquier Times, which first reported the arrest.

During their parking-lot assignation, Burchfield had given the inmate — who was allowed outside because of his minimal sentence and status as a “trustee” — clothing, cigarettes and what detectives suspect are over-the-counter vitamin supplements, the sheriff’s office said. The McLean woman, 53, was charged with a class 1 misdemeanor.

Her husband, Bobby Burchfield, is a veteran GOP lawyer whom the Trump Organization picked as outside ethics counsel to help navigate the potential conflicts of interest between the business and President Trump’s administration. Bobby Burchfield also advised both Bush presidential teams and is a partner in the Washington office of law firm giant King & Spalding.

Reached at his law office, Bobby Burchfield had no comment. Efforts to reach Teresa Burchfield were not immediately successful.

Well, I guess her hubby can recommend a good lawyer.

So let's break this down. She's the wife of a very powerful attorney so plenty of money. I'm guessing there are lots of other recreational activities she could have chosen. But this 53-year-old woman decides sex with a 23-year-old criminal in a car is the best idea. She'll pass some whatever along to him while they're having their hook-up. This is either sheer stupidity, we're talking I've-never-had-to-worry-about-my-actions stupidity. Or this is the most aggressive passive-aggressive move ever.

Either way, I'm gonna have to say Bobby hasn't been paying attention.

• Upvote 5

Another diamond level member of the GOP hypocrite club from Oklahoma

Republican State Sen. Bryce Marlatt resigned his elective office Tuesday after being released from the Oklahoma County Jail on charges of sexual battery of an Uber driver.

“A married senator and father of three has resigned from his position in the Oklahoma Senate following his arrest for sexual battery,” Oxygen reports. “Bryce Marlatt was charged last week after being accused of making unwanted and inappropriate sexual advances toward a female Uber driver on the night of June 26 in Oklahoma City.”

NewsOK reports a court affidavit says the Uber driver told an investigating detective that then-state Senator Marlatt said, “Hey, you got not t–s.”

Marlatt is facing 10 years in prison for sexual battery, which stems from allegations he groped and forcibly kissed on the neck his Uber driver, while in transit.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

What a  gem. Of course he won't go to prison because he's a Republican and it's Oklahoma. Let's just hope the wifey puts him in serious time-out. Or just takes her half and moves on down the line. But if you think he'll suffer politically, now wait a minute. Let me remind you of one Mark Sanford, who, while governor of this state I live in, told the world he was walking the Appalachian Trail when in fact he was visiting his mistress in Brazil, I believe. His punishment? He's now a representative in Congress. And married to the mistress.

I think there's a message here! The path to legal immigration is to find a nice Republican man and get him to marry you! Don't worry if he's already married, nobody cares.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, GrumpyGran said:

Let me remind you of one Mark Sanford, who, while governor of this state I live in, told the world he was walking the Appalachian Trail when in fact he was visiting his mistress in Brazil, I believe. His punishment? He's now a representative in Congress. And married to the mistress.

Wasn't Sanford one of the Republicans who just voted against hurricane aid? Doesn't his district include part of the coast?

Male politicians in the South who get caught cheating, but know how to boo-hoo and talk about Jesus convincingly, usually get another chance. Southerners love a good story, and redemption stories are the best stories of all. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Let me remind you of one Mark Sanford, who, while governor of this state I live in, told the world he was walking the Appalachian Trail when in fact he was visiting his mistress in Brazil, I believe. His punishment? He's now a representative in Congress. And married to the mistress.

Sanford apparently broke things off with the mistress, or at least that was the case in a February 2017 interview with Politico magazine. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sanford apparently broke things off with the mistress, or at least that was the case in a February 2017 interview with Politico magazine. 

Whaaaaaa? Bless her little heart. Yeah, Marky represents an area around Charleston. Charleston that was flooded 2 days ago. People here are really stupid.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Let me remind you of one Mark Sanford, who, while governor of this state I live in, told the world he was walking the Appalachian Trail when in fact he was visiting his mistress in Brazil, I believe. His punishment? He's now a representative in Congress.

I do believe the day he was doing the AT it was "Hike Naked Day".  I'd post the link to the wiki page, but it is so very NSFW

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I do believe the day he was doing the AT it was "Hike Naked Day".  I'd post the link to the wiki page, but it is so very NSFW

I'm sure he was naked, just not hiking like that! :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 4

He seems nice

Spoiler

The Broward County Republicans are in turmoil today after revelations that a freshly elected member of their executive board is a man who once was charged with attempted murder in the savage claw-hammer beating of a then-classmate at a Los Angeles prep school for multi-millionaires’ children.

Four months after 28-year-old Rupert Tarsey was elected secretary, party officials have found out the young philanthropist and supporter of President Donald Trump is really Rupert Ditsworth.

And a decade ago, the then-Beverly Hills teenager was charged with attempted murder in Los Angeles after hitting Harvard-Westlake School classmate Elizabeth Barcay over the head at least 40 times, splitting her skull open.

Now, local GOP bigs are desperate for Tarsey to resign and worried about the image of the party in the overwhelmingly Democratic turf of former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Of course if this fornicate stick wasn't some rich brat he'd still be doing time now.  Especially if he wasn't white. 

• Upvote 8

God bless Brooke Baldwin

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/09/15/stunned-cnn-anchor-espn-controversy-guests-off-color-comment/23211127/

Clay Travis of Fox Sports and Outkick the Coverage left CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin stunned on Friday by making an off-color remark during a segment about ESPN's political controversy.

While discussing the network's decision not to fire or suspend "SC6" anchor Jemele Hill forcalling President Donald Trump a "white supremacist," Travis, a vocal conservative and critic of ESPN, said the only things he believes in are the First Amendment and "boobs."

"I believe in only two things completely," Travis said. "The First Amendment and boobs."

Baldwin looked stunned and eventually cut Travis off.

"I just want to make sure I heard you correctly as a woman anchoring this show. What did you just say, you believe in the First Amendment and b-double-o-b-s?" she said.

Travis responded, "Boobs. Two things that have only never let me down in this entire country's history. The First Amendment and boobs."

As Travis tried to continue his point, Baldwin kept returning to comment, trying to clarify if Travis said "booze" or "boobs."

"I said boobs," he said in response. "I believe completely in the First Amendment and in boobs. Those are the only two things I believe 100% in this country."

Baldwin then criticized Travis for the remark, saying, "Why would you even say this live on national television and with a female host? Why would you even go there."

Afterward, Travis seemed proud of the incident.

Baldwin, however, still seemed baffled.

here's the video:  https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/love-first-amendment-boobs/

Edited by JMarie
found the video!
  • Upvote 9

"Clay Travis used his ‘First Amendment and boobs’ line long before he shocked CNN"

Spoiler

Fox Sports Radio host Clay Travis shocked CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin on Friday by declaring on live television that he believes “in only two things completely: the First Amendment and boobs.” But the network really shouldn't have been surprised by Travis's crass remark. He has used the line before.

Travis, who also writes for Outkick the Coverage, appeared on Baldwin's afternoon show to talk about ESPN's handling of “SportsCenter” anchor Jemele Hill, who called President Trump a white supremacist earlier in the week. Travis's position is that Hill ought to be able to say whatever she pleases but that ESPN has acted hypocritically by keeping her on the air, after disciplining other personalities for making politically charged comments.

Travis has participated in similar discussions on other networks, having boosted his profile last month by being first to report that ESPN had reassigned a play-by-play announcer named Robert Lee who was originally scheduled to call a college football game in Charlottesville.

One one hand, the Robert Lee scoop makes Travis a logical guest for TV segments about ESPN's personnel moves. On the other hand, Travis's history makes him an obvious risk.

A CNN spokeswoman said Travis would not be invited back on the network's air. Here is what he wrote for Outkick the Coverage on Thursday:

I don’t believe Jemele Hill should be fired for tweeting Donald Trump was a white supremacist and for recently saying police officers are modern-day slave catchers. I also don’t believe Curt Schilling should have been fired for what he said about the North Carolina transgender bathroom law or any of the other conservative political positions he’s adopted over the years. That’s because I’m a First Amendment absolutist — the only two things I 100 percent believe in are the First Amendment and boobs — who is also capable of doing something that most in modern media seem incapable of — distinguishing between a person’s public job and their private political beliefs. (Which are also public thanks to modern-day social media.)

There it is. And that wasn't the first time. Travis wrote in June 2015 that “absolutism on either the right or the left is scary to me — which is why I’m a radical moderate — who believes in only two things absolutely: the First Amendment and boobs."

When Baldwin appeared stunned and disgusted by Travis's quip on Friday, he replied, “I say it live on the radio all the time.”

This is who Travis is. CNN ought to have known what it was getting.

So this is a running theme with him. What a lovely person. (end sarcasm)

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Clay Travis used his ‘First Amendment and boobs’ line long before he shocked CNN"

Hide contents

Fox Sports Radio host Clay Travis shocked CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin on Friday by declaring on live television that he believes “in only two things completely: the First Amendment and boobs.” But the network really shouldn't have been surprised by Travis's crass remark. He has used the line before.

Travis, who also writes for Outkick the Coverage, appeared on Baldwin's afternoon show to talk about ESPN's handling of “SportsCenter” anchor Jemele Hill, who called President Trump a white supremacist earlier in the week. Travis's position is that Hill ought to be able to say whatever she pleases but that ESPN has acted hypocritically by keeping her on the air, after disciplining other personalities for making politically charged comments.

Travis has participated in similar discussions on other networks, having boosted his profile last month by being first to report that ESPN had reassigned a play-by-play announcer named Robert Lee who was originally scheduled to call a college football game in Charlottesville.

One one hand, the Robert Lee scoop makes Travis a logical guest for TV segments about ESPN's personnel moves. On the other hand, Travis's history makes him an obvious risk.

A CNN spokeswoman said Travis would not be invited back on the network's air. Here is what he wrote for Outkick the Coverage on Thursday:

I don’t believe Jemele Hill should be fired for tweeting Donald Trump was a white supremacist and for recently saying police officers are modern-day slave catchers. I also don’t believe Curt Schilling should have been fired for what he said about the North Carolina transgender bathroom law or any of the other conservative political positions he’s adopted over the years. That’s because I’m a First Amendment absolutist — the only two things I 100 percent believe in are the First Amendment and boobs — who is also capable of doing something that most in modern media seem incapable of — distinguishing between a person’s public job and their private political beliefs. (Which are also public thanks to modern-day social media.)

There it is. And that wasn't the first time. Travis wrote in June 2015 that “absolutism on either the right or the left is scary to me — which is why I’m a radical moderate — who believes in only two things absolutely: the First Amendment and boobs."

When Baldwin appeared stunned and disgusted by Travis's quip on Friday, he replied, “I say it live on the radio all the time.”

This is who Travis is. CNN ought to have known what it was getting.

So this is a running theme with him. What a lovely person. (end sarcasm)

His punctuation tracks with his mouth-out of control. He's quite the arrogant punk, isn't he?

• Upvote 1

Another day, another GOP hypocrite....

As President Trump’s voter integrity commission looks under rocks for possible voter malfeasance, its members might want to examine a presidential nominee awaiting confirmation by the Senate Finance Committee.

Documents indicate that Jeffrey Gerrish, the president’s pick to be a deputy United States Trade Representative, moved from Virginia to Maryland last year, but opted in November to vote in the more competitive state of Virginia than his bright blue new home.

The Senate Finance Committee, which has been considering Mr. Gerrish’s nomination, was briefed on the matter on Tuesday, including the fact that Mr. Gerrish had almost certainly voted illegally, according to three Democratic congressional aides familiar with the briefing. Public records back up that notion.

Given Mr. Trump’s intense focus on alleged widespread voter fraud in last year’s election — the president has claimed that millions of people voted illegally, without evidence — Democrats are likely to pounce on the misstep to try to sink Mr. Gerrish’s nomination.

Seems to me that the only people who are getting arrested for fornicating around in this area are Republicans.

• Upvote 9

On 9/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, GrumpyGran said:

Facepalm for sure.  Just to clarify, he was actually with the mistress in Argentina, not Brazil (same continent, different country).  Either way, it is still shady AF.  That kind of stuff used to destroy political careers...but not anymore because now apparently this stuff is played off with the excuse of IOKWARDI (It’s OK When a Republican Does It).

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Snowless said:

Facepalm for sure.  Just to clarify, he was actually with the mistress in Argentina, not Brazil (same continent, different country).  Either way, it is still shady AF.  That kind of stuff used to destroy political careers...but not anymore because now apparently this stuff is played off with the excuse of IOKWARDI (It’s OK When a Republican Does It).

He asked for forgiveness from God and God said ok. According to him. God's a Republican, don't ya' know?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Do they do anything that isn't hypocritical? "GOP congressman repeatedly promoted antiabortion stance a week after reportedly telling mistress to get abortion"

Spoiler

Hypocrisy, thy name is Rep. Tim Murphy.

We already knew that the Pennsylvania Republican had engaged in an extramarital affair, after it came out in his mistress's divorce records. But things got much worse for Murphy on Tuesday: The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that text messages indicate he told his mistress to get an abortion when they had a pregnancy scare.

That's especially problematic because Murphy is supposed to be an antiabortion congressman. He's got nearly a flawless voting record, as far as groups like the Family Research Council are concerned. And in fact, it was his promotion of that position that led to the fateful exchange with his mistress, Shannon Edwards.

Here's how the Post-Gazette recounts the text messages:

A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extramarital relationship took him to task for an antiabortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

“And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cellphone number that same day in response says, “I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will.”

That's brutal. But in fact, that wasn't the only time Murphy's antiabortion views were promoted that week — just days after he apparently told someone close to him to get an abortion.

There was this statement from Jan. 24 announcing Murphy's happiness that the House had passed the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act.

“I am so proud the House passed this important bill to clearly stand for the dignity and value of all human life, both the born and the unborn,” Murphy said. “Passage of H.R. 7 in the wake of the President’s executive action yesterday gives me great hope that moving forward, we will once again be a nation committed to honoring life from the moment of conception onward and ensuring American taxpayer dollars are never spent to end a life before it even begins.”

And just two days after their text-message exchange — after telling Edwards that he would craft his own messages on abortion — Murphy's office was again playing up his antiabortion bona fides in an e-newsletter.

Here's what the Jan. 27 edition said:

“We must, once again, become a nation respectful of all life. We must encourage and prioritize adoption and offer compassion and prayer for mothers and fathers who struggle with the questions of life,” said Murphy.

One of the first acts of newly-elected President Donald J. Trump was to reinstate long-standing policy to prevent U.S. taxpayers paying for abortions through foreign aid. The next day, the House of Representatives took up and passed H.R. 7 to permanently prohibit the use of federal funds to pay for abortions, as well as to prohibit federal medical facilities and health professionals from providing abortion services.

“I proudly sponsored and voted for this important bill to clearly stand for the dignity and value of all human life, both the born and the unborn,” said Murphy. “Passage of H.R. 7 in the wake of the President’s executive action gives me great hope we will once again be a nation committed to honoring life and ensuring American taxpayer dollars are never spent to end a life before it even begins.”

Since then, Murphy's office hasn't sent a tweet or a news release mentioning abortion — even though the House is taking up a 20-week abortion ban . . . today.

If there's any consolation for Murphy, it's that he wouldn't be the only House Republican to be pro-choice for himself and pro-life for everyone else. Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-Tenn.) remains in Congress four years after it was revealed that he had asked both his ex-wife and reportedly a mistress to obtain abortions.

What a freaking asshole.

• Upvote 10

51 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Do they do anything that isn't hypocritical? "GOP congressman repeatedly promoted antiabortion stance a week after reportedly telling mistress to get abortion"

Reveal hidden contents

Hypocrisy, thy name is Rep. Tim Murphy.

We already knew that the Pennsylvania Republican had engaged in an extramarital affair, after it came out in his mistress's divorce records. But things got much worse for Murphy on Tuesday: The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that text messages indicate he told his mistress to get an abortion when they had a pregnancy scare.

That's especially problematic because Murphy is supposed to be an antiabortion congressman. He's got nearly a flawless voting record, as far as groups like the Family Research Council are concerned. And in fact, it was his promotion of that position that led to the fateful exchange with his mistress, Shannon Edwards.

Here's how the Post-Gazette recounts the text messages:

A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extramarital relationship took him to task for an antiabortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

“And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cellphone number that same day in response says, “I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will.”

That's brutal. But in fact, that wasn't the only time Murphy's antiabortion views were promoted that week — just days after he apparently told someone close to him to get an abortion.

There was this statement from Jan. 24 announcing Murphy's happiness that the House had passed the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act.

“I am so proud the House passed this important bill to clearly stand for the dignity and value of all human life, both the born and the unborn,” Murphy said. “Passage of H.R. 7 in the wake of the President’s executive action yesterday gives me great hope that moving forward, we will once again be a nation committed to honoring life from the moment of conception onward and ensuring American taxpayer dollars are never spent to end a life before it even begins.”

And just two days after their text-message exchange — after telling Edwards that he would craft his own messages on abortion — Murphy's office was again playing up his antiabortion bona fides in an e-newsletter.

Here's what the Jan. 27 edition said:

“We must, once again, become a nation respectful of all life. We must encourage and prioritize adoption and offer compassion and prayer for mothers and fathers who struggle with the questions of life,” said Murphy.

One of the first acts of newly-elected President Donald J. Trump was to reinstate long-standing policy to prevent U.S. taxpayers paying for abortions through foreign aid. The next day, the House of Representatives took up and passed H.R. 7 to permanently prohibit the use of federal funds to pay for abortions, as well as to prohibit federal medical facilities and health professionals from providing abortion services.

“I proudly sponsored and voted for this important bill to clearly stand for the dignity and value of all human life, both the born and the unborn,” said Murphy. “Passage of H.R. 7 in the wake of the President’s executive action gives me great hope we will once again be a nation committed to honoring life and ensuring American taxpayer dollars are never spent to end a life before it even begins.”

Since then, Murphy's office hasn't sent a tweet or a news release mentioning abortion — even though the House is taking up a 20-week abortion ban . . . today.

If there's any consolation for Murphy, it's that he wouldn't be the only House Republican to be pro-choice for himself and pro-life for everyone else. Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-Tenn.) remains in Congress four years after it was revealed that he had asked both his ex-wife and reportedly a mistress to obtain abortions.

What a freaking asshole.

That's typical. Many Republicans are for abortions for themselves. The GOP is name only. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

That's typical. Many Republicans are for abortions for themselves. The GOP is name only. 

What a sanctimonious clod.  He couldn't give two shits about human life once it's popped out of the womb.  I really cannot stand these reich to life hypocrites. 

• Upvote 8