IGNORED

JinJer: When Shorts Attack!

Destiny

I really don't see the big deal with the cooking scene. Either it was scripted and not very eventful, or it was not scripted and not very eventful. I love that we're starting to see a little more facial expressiveness from the kidult Duggars, but there's only so much information we can glean there. Maybe it's just me, but I just think clothes and social media posts and stuff like that are a bit more concrete to dig into, if still far from a perfect indication of anything.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

My problem with Jinger being called rude and bitchy is that it's the opposite of meek and simple.  There are so many comments here that JInger is a follower and boring and the perfect fundie wife.  The minute she shows some personality she gets slammed for being rude and bitchy. We can't have it both ways.  

Personally I didn't think the chef was all that pissed off.  To me she seemed mildly amused and like the whole set up was in the script. When he was driving she showed that she was nervous.  I would be too if I was in the car with someone driving on the opposite side of the road than he's used to. Her only sin was not keeping sweet, which to me is not a sin.

And I don't even think she wasn't "keeping sweet". (I hate that phrase. ) She acted like I would have. She was kinda freaking out, kinda holding it in, told Jeremy it wasn't his driving skills that made her nervous. I thought that whole scene was cute. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ahhhhhh! Rufus! He does it all, doesn't he? 

He does do it all.  I will now be asking him about all of the important stuff in life.

Carm_88, your Spurgeon pic gets me every time. I think the only thing Duggar that would make me consider adding to my quiver is how freaking cute that kid is. 

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

A general rant (not directed to anyone in particular...) but I hate it that women who aren't 100% nice and easy going are automatically labeled "bitchy."  Men get to be frustrated, commanding, difficult, domineering, sarcastic, gruff, grumpy, etc. But women are just bitches. Frankly, I think it's fine when Duggar daughters don't "keep sweet."  To me, the shows that they're throwing off some of their programming and being real people. 

Yes! Yes! Lets see more. And I'm not talking about  fundie stuff. All that fundie stuff has caused some complications.

21 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Why does everyone care about the shorts? We should be happy Jinger is finally free from ever having to wear the Duggar mustard cardigan ever again.

FYI- some people like the mustard cardigan. Not me, but they do post amongst us. LOL!

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

My problem with Jinger being called rude and bitchy is that it's the opposite of meek and simple.  There are so many comments here that JInger is a follower and boring and the perfect fundie wife.  The minute she shows some personality she gets slammed for being rude and bitchy. We can't have it both ways.  

Personally I didn't think the chef was all that pissed off.  To me she seemed mildly amused and like the whole set up was in the script. When he was driving she showed that she was nervous.  I would be too if I was in the car with someone driving on the opposite side of the road than he's used to. Her only sin was not keeping sweet, which to me is not a sin.

I actually think she was terrified in the car and if it was me, I would've been yelling, "Slow down!! Watch out! You're going to kill me!!" I think she DID keep sweet by quietly trying to show she was nervous. I noticed that at the time and thought she was purposefully holding back because females are supposed to bow down to their headship. 

I agree with all the posters pointing out the double, gendered standards. As a female attorney, it happens to me all the time. Every time in chambers, for example, the judge, whether male or female, looks to the male first to ask what's going on. They are instantly believed, allowed to interrupt and if I fight back, I am told I need to be "professional", but they can do whatever they want. I've been labelled "aggressive" as a litigator when I think I'm just doing my job.  Super frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

I actually think she was terrified in the car and if it was me, I would've been yelling, "Slow down!! Watch out! You're going to kill me!!" I think she DID keep sweet by quietly trying to show she was nervous. I noticed that at the time and thought she was purposefully holding back because females are supposed to bow down to their headship. 

I agree with all the posters pointing out the double, gendered standards. As a female attorney, it happens to me all the time. Every time in chambers, for example, the judge, whether male or female, looks to the male first to ask what's going on. They are instantly believed, allowed to interrupt and if I fight back, I am told I need to be "professional", but they can do whatever they want. I've been labelled "aggressive" as a litigator when I think I'm just doing my job.  Super frustrating. 

As person who has ridden in the front seat of a car in both England and New Zealand with an American (husband) driving, it is rather frightening. My husband had the proper respect for being in a foreign country and driving on the opposite side of the road- AND people do make errors, even those who are really good drivers. I don't now how many times my hubs wanted to turn into oncoming traffic. I was constantly reminding him...the left turn is the easy one and right turn requires crossing traffic.

I thought Jeremy was a jack ass in that scene. He was driving way too fast.

I would wear the mustard cardigan and probably wear it over and over again for years.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

7 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Mustard is a HolyColor, doncha know? 

maybe for JB and the fake tan brigade, but probably not for Rufus...too many memories of being made into sandwiches in previous lifetimes :?

15 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

maybe for JB and the fake tan brigade, but probably not for Rufus...too many memories of being made into sandwiches in previous lifetimes :?

Rufus will possibly gain a wall mate. Unless Austin and Joy are planning to start an offshoot worship Rufus collective.

I must be in the minority. That yellow cardigan is ass ugly.

@singsingsing, you joked in the last thread that you were Jessa and then posted a link to Jessa Seewald's FB page.  I was dismayed to see that one of my daughters "liked" her page.  My other three girls would not "like" it in a million years.  

Just wanted to say that I love the thread title. I see a pair of shorts lying meekly on the bed, then starting with a small twitch. As someone gets close, they rise up and slap the person in the face, followed by a full attack, whirling and dancing.

Sorry, I'm kind of bored tonight.

I don't think Jinger was pouting in the car, but she was a little defensive in the kitchen. I hate the way my ex drives. I would say something to him, and then try to keep silent, so that my nervous tension didn't negatively impact his driving and make things worse. That's what it looked like Jinger was doing when she got silent because she looked sincerely nervous. She's not that good of an actress to fake it.

Also, I love cardigans, especially mustard, and I have noticed that fundies seem to favor mustard cardigans. What a bummer. What color cardigan do Catholics/heathens get to wear? Anyone know?

23 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I don't think Jinger was pouting in the car, but she was a little defensive in the kitchen. I hate the way my ex drives. I would say something to him, and then try to keep silent, so that my nervous tension didn't negatively impact his driving and make things worse. That's what it looked like Jinger was doing when she got silent because she looked sincerely nervous. She's not that good of an actress to fake it.

Also, I love cardigans, especially mustard, and I have noticed that fundies seem to favor mustard cardigans. What a bummer. What color cardigan do Catholics/heathens get to wear? Anyone know?

Catholics wear light or medium blue cardigans in honor of the Blessed Virgin.  Heathens should wear any color they damn well please.

33 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Any color but orange. That is for Protestants.

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Catholics wear light or medium blue cardigans in honor of the Blessed Virgin.  Heathens should wear any color they damn well please.

Thank you. I should have known that. The Catholic uniform shade of light blue that washes the color out of faces. 

9 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Any color but orange. That is for Protestants.

That's right. I just remembered the Irish song, "The Orange and the Green," about a guy with a Protestant dad and a Catholic mom. The orange is for Protestant King William of Orange, who defeated Catholic King James II, and the green for St. Patrick who had a thing about clover, the details of which I cannot recall. 

Im Australian and the chef was just flat out fuckin rude. I think a lot of people don't realise how laid back aussies are i.e we mostly don't react so aggressively. Like it'd be more of a 'hey lovers keep it in the bedroom.'

also wtf that was the fakest acting from the chef ever.

annnyway...

I had my first experience as a passenger in a left-side driving country last fall, and it was pretty unnerving, especially when making right turns from the center lane. And that was always with local/professional drivers! I totally understand Jinger's anxiety with Jeremy driving. 

My Catholic cardigans are white, dark grey, burgundy, and periwinkle. No light blue. No green. 

And the periwinkle one was purchased to have something to wear when representing the Esophageal Cancer Action Network at an event at the state capitol last year because periwinkle is the awareness color for esophageal and stomach cancers. 

13 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Thank you. I should have known that. The Catholic uniform shade of light blue that washes the color out of faces. 

That's right. I just remembered the Irish song, "The Orange and the Green," about a guy with a Protestant dad and a Catholic mom. The orange is for Protestant King William of Orange, who defeated Catholic King James II, and the green for St. Patrick who had a thing about clover, the details of which I cannot recall. 

St. Patrick allegedly used the shamrock to explain the Trinity to the Celts - one leaf each for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 

To all us posters of Irish/Irish descent: a Happy Paddy's Day to you! And for those Irish/Irish descent who don't celebrate today: hope you have a lovely Friday!

I'm surprised that so many here like the color mustard. It makes me look like death warmed over, any shade of yellow does. And it kind of reminds me of baby poo. No cardigans for me either.

Bigfoot had a teacher who was an "Orangeman"...we are of French and Irish descent on my side, English, Irish, Native American on hubs. Said Teacher wore orange on St. Pat's. Bigfoot threw a Fit! Walked out of class after calling Teacher, "a damned Orangeman". I was proud and thought the teacher should have too, that my kid knew what an Orangeman is/was especially since its not covered in CA schools now.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:57 AM, ophelia said:

Okay. And I adore her hair. And now I'm gonna punish myself for being all fangirly today.

Now all I see is Doby punishing himself in Harry Potter :)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived