IGNORED

JinJer: When Shorts Attack!

Destiny

I think her skirt is maybe ill-fitting, like it is a bit too big at the waist and sticking out a bit. But who knows. Again, so ironic that their whole philosophy about dressing modestly takes a nosedive because we keep scrutinizing their bodies to see if they are pregnant!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2017 at 11:24 AM, MargaretElliott said:

What about kids who were deemed extremely gifted in elementary and middle school, only to get to high school/college and find out they were just average? Thus facing the disappointment of parents who always believed you were capable of greatness? Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller?

Yeah, the genius child thing always strikes me as suspicious. I was always grades ahead in reading, but I couldn't remember my multiplication tables. I still can't, and I'm a college graduate. Thank god for smartphones, I always have a calculator in my pocket. Usually, a benefit has a drawback. Excessive humblebragging does not count as having flaws. 

Oh man this was me. I was always so ahead in reading and writing, and I remember practicing basic French with my dad. The only thing was, I wasn't very gifted, my mom was a horrible alcoholic and my dad would take me and my sister with him to the library when he went to finish his undergrad (later his Masters) and he would bounce his French off of us.

Not a fan of pregnancy speculation - but I will speculate when it comes to quiverfull people.

I have a friend who is 5 months right now and that is exactly what she looked like at about 12 weeks. She is super thin and I've never seen her stomach looking 'pregnant' after a big meal.

1 hour ago, Vex said:

Not a fan of pregnancy speculation - but I will speculate when it comes to quiverfull people.

I have a friend who is 5 months right now and that is exactly what she looked like at about 12 weeks. She is super thin and I've never seen her stomach looking 'pregnant' after a big meal.

I am NOT a fan of the pregnancy speculation. Someone commented on the Instagram pic that she was also there and met them, and that in real life Jinger didn't look pregnant. I don't know why she'd need a belt with that skirt, but that's what it looks like to me.....a shirt falling over a belt buckle. I don't care either way, but really hate such body scrutiny. 

Could that be a big belt buckle? I think we have seen her before wearing a leather belt with a huge buckle.

Edit. I didn't realize previous poster just said the same... :pb_redface:

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Could that be a big belt buckle? I think we have seen her before wearing a leather belt with a huge buckle.

Edit. I didn't realize previous poster just said the same... :pb_redface:

I just saw the entire picture at Pickles.  I think it might be a belt buckle. 

But Pickles said she was with her parents....without Jeremy - 

new theory instead of discussing her stomach we can discuss Jeremy and the fact a newlywed leaves her husband to follow her parents  

9 minutes ago, nst said:

I just saw the entire picture at Pickles.  I think it might be a belt buckle. 

But Pickles said she was with her parents....without Jeremy - 

new theory instead of discussing her stomach we can discuss Jeremy and the fact a newlywed leaves her husband to follow her parents  

I'm more impressed that he let Jinger go somewhere without him. That's awesome IMO. Ben couldn't even let Jessa speak at a womans conference without going up on stage with her. 

4 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I'm more impressed that he let Jinger go somewhere without him. That's awesome IMO. Ben couldn't even let Jessa speak at a womans conference without going up on stage with her. 

yes but her parents and siblings weren't there so HE HAD to go whereas JB was there 

16 minutes ago, nst said:

yes but her parents and siblings weren't there so HE HAD to go whereas JB was there 

Jinger still (probably) was on the plane by herself, which she hasn't done before. And I kind of like how it was Jinger going to visit her family, instead of them all cramming into the small apartment. I wonder if Jeremy didn't go because of work or if he just didn't want to go. 

I was just thinking, Jer had to work... parents called and said hey, we're going to the Snark, wanna go with us?  So, she did.

Maybe he was there. Maybe he was in the washroom when the pictures were taken or something. Even if he wasn't, I'm not really going to give him points for 'letting' his wife visit her family without him.

Hmmmm, I dunno. It looks just like my food baby, haha. But she is very slim, so we can't  rule out baby-baby either. I guess we need to stand by and wait and see if the announcement comes. And I believe it will come sooner or later, unless they have some issues like Brandon and Michaela.

Nooooooo! I really hope she isn't pregnant. I have such hope for them to be kinda sorta normal-er than the rest. Is that the giant arc attraction? The bates were there a few weeks ago. Place looks ridiculous. 

If she flew "alone" without her headship I'm sure it was on Duggar Airlines with her brothers. Let's not get too crazy. 

18 minutes ago, Casserole said:

If she flew "alone" without her headship I'm sure it was on Duggar Airlines with her brothers. Let's not get too crazy. 

joy flew alone to texas, though, right? for the house decorating episode, jeremy picked her up at the airport and she had flown in by herself. So it doesn't seem super outrageous that jinger would fly alone. 

I think this might actually be a baby bump , not a food-baby because it seems to sit lower than a food-baby...also: her face is glowing, as it already was in a congratualtions video in january/early february.

I'm calling a due date in september.

Ain't it sad it's considered progressive when a grown ass married woman is allowed to fly all alone and visit her family without her husband tagging along like a leech :pb_sad:   What a sad, miserable, restricted life these people lead.

Not sure why peeps are so conflicted about the pregnancy speculation.  If it were a normal person,  that is different, but these are people whose whole public existence revolves around pregnancy and babies.  Remember the show was called 19K and Counting.  And the Current show is Counting On.  It is clear their main theme is pregnancies and babies. 

And any of the married kids or spouses is going to be subject to continual speculation.  The women in this cult are in a perpetual cycle of getting pregnant, being pregnant, recovering from being pregnant and being pregnant again.  And while the kids may not have signed up for this to begin with,  they are now currently and actively participating in this.  Yes, we can debate and argue all we want that this is all they know to do, and that they were raised on TV and convinced they are serving a higher purpose by glorifying their fecundity in the name of Jesus.  This is true of course. 

I don't think speculating on any of the females being pregnant is in any way equivalent to body shaming someone who has gained weight.  For those of you who feel conflicted about that, I hope you can let yourself off the hook.  This is exactly what they want us to do. This is really the only way the generate any interest.  Even the newer courtships and engagements are not really capturing people's interest too much, but pregnancy speculation is still stirs some interest. 

Their brand relies on Schrodinger's uterus

13 hours ago, Casserole said:

looks like a double stroller with henry raised up a little/out of view and like jessa just gave birth but idk.

The front view picture did the opposite for me and I say no bump... but she's a married Duggar so there's always a 50% chance she's pregnant. 

I'm not sold yet either, I think as someone else said unfortunate shirt. But yeah, there is a 50/50 chance she is.  I'll not think about it until she's announced it herself. 

16 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Me, too.  I currently look about, oh, five months pregnant and am not fitting into my clothes extremely well.  (2016 was a bad year.)

But, I also understand why people speculate. I mean, the Duggar women marry and get pregnant. It's a given. I'm conflicted about the speculation but, when birthing babies has presumably made this family millions and is really the only reason any of us are even aware of their existence, I do understand it.

Oh, definitely, friend. @singsingsing had a good point yesterday, too. I understand the speculation. Getting pregnant as much as possible is basically their brand.

I know my hate for the speculation is also a bit of a personal trigger. Under any other circumstances I would tell everyone speculating in this thread that you're all ass holes! Haha. But they did set this up. 

I hate it, and I get it. :)

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Jinger still (probably) was on the plane by herself, which she hasn't done before. And I kind of like how it was Jinger going to visit her family, instead of them all cramming into the small apartment. I wonder if Jeremy didn't go because of work or if he just didn't want to go. 

Maybe he made it clear that he didn't want them there at all.  And she missed her siblings to a degree . 

They are very different from any other married spouse in that family which is a good sign so far 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

joy flew alone to texas, though, right? for the house decorating episode, jeremy picked her up at the airport and she had flown in by herself. So it doesn't seem super outrageous that jinger would fly alone. 

if these two ladies flew by themselves it looks like their version of accountability partners seems to be ending somewhat 

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Yeah, it's especially possible to look that way after a big meal if you're thin. The thinner you are the more obvious a "food baby" will be. When I was at my thinnest I'd be visibly bloated even just after drinking water!

I agree on hating having people comment on my body. I would never want to be famous.

That's exactly why my daughter was perfectly happy not to go into the field she'd majored in.  Too much pressure to be pretty and thin and hot!  The Weather Channel dismissed one of their women meteorologists some years ago because she was a not a hottie.  She was a damn good meteorologist and I thought she was pretty, but she was not as hot as some of the other women.  

jinger has been very, very slim in the past years. we have never seen any sort of bump on her. but now she's been married for a few months we see a bump? wow. FJ sleuths at it again, she obviously had a big bowl of pasta for the first time in her life. carry on!

On 3/24/2017 at 11:59 AM, Thorns said:

@Mela99

Aaaaand here we have Charlie the unicorn! 

It is awesomely weird.

Ugh the the things you miss when you take a break from the message boards!

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Not sure why peeps are so conflicted about the pregnancy speculation.  If it were a normal person,  that is different, but these are people whose whole public existence revolves around pregnancy and babies.  Remember the show was called 19K and Counting.  And the Current show is Counting On.  It is clear their main theme is pregnancies and babies. 

And any of the married kids or spouses is going to be subject to continual speculation.  The women in this cult are in a perpetual cycle of getting pregnant, being pregnant, recovering from being pregnant and being pregnant again.  And while the kids may not have signed up for this to begin with,  they are now currently and actively participating in this.  Yes, we can debate and argue all we want that this is all they know to do, and that they were raised on TV and convinced they are serving a higher purpose by glorifying their fecundity in the name of Jesus.  This is true of course. 

I don't think speculating on any of the females being pregnant is in any way equivalent to body shaming someone who has gained weight.  For those of you who feel conflicted about that, I hope you can let yourself off the hook.  This is exactly what they want us to do. This is really the only way the generate any interest.  Even the newer courtships and engagements are not really capturing people's interest too much, but pregnancy speculation is still stirs some interest. 

Their brand relies on Schrodinger's uterus

To play Devil's Advocate (because it's fun):

Why give them what they want?

----------

For the record, I do get it. I think it's kind of a waste of time because they'll announce a pregnancy when they're good and ready - but I get why people speculate about it. As long as no site rules are broken and no one is actually body shaming then I guess it's fair game.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived