IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Unfortunately, with her marrying so young at 19, she'll probably be the Duggar daughter with most children. I already guessed that in another thread before the courtship with Austin happened, that Joy would probably be the one who is going to live the fundiest lifestyle with most children of all Duggar kids. I hope I'm wrong, but i just have the feeling that she is going to end up with 8-10 children; all of the other Duggar kids will probably have less, 5-6 at most.

Joy seems to genuinely like babies, but also uses baby care to get out of doing things she dislikes* (shopping, cooking...). I can definitely see her having tons of kids, and also making full use of the buddy/sister-mom system. She grew up with sister-moms then became a sister-mom. She doesn't know any other life. Even down to Jinger, the older girls have some memory of family with more than average but still reasonable number of siblings.

*Not intended to be judgmental - I always tried to broker deals as a teen so I could get out of doing chores I hated. I loved cooking and hated yard work, and could usually make that swap work.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Joy seems to genuinely like babies, but also uses baby care to get out of doing things she dislikes* (shopping, cooking...). I can definitely see her having tons of kids, and also making full use of the buddy/sister-mom system. She grew up with sister-moms then became a sister-mom. She doesn't know any other life. Even down to Jinger, the older girls have some memory of family with more than average but still reasonable number of siblings.

*Not intended to be judgmental - I always tried to broker deals as a teen so I could get out of doing chores I hated. I loved cooking and hated yard work, and could usually make that swap work.

This is just what I HOPE happens with J&A, but you are probably right.  I WANT to see things go down like this. Joy and Austin get married, they work together flipping houses around NW AR and help out on Daddy Forsythe's ranch, or what ever the hell that thing is called. Joy when working on houses has her jeans and work boots on and toting a nail gun as big as she is up and down a ladder to fix the roof, they keep flipping houses, taking a few fun couple vacations along the way, in about 10 years they build the house of their dreams where ever the hell they want to and settle down and start having 4 or 5 kids.  

Perhaps I'm confusing the J-girls but I'm certain it was JoyAnna  was said she didn't want to get married 'cause it was too much work. It was around the time Jill or Jessa were getting married. She was with Grandma, who shot her a dirty look!

5 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Perhaps I'm confusing the J-girls but I'm certain it was JoyAnna  was said she didn't want to get married 'cause it was too much work. It was around the time Jill or Jessa were getting married. She was with Grandma, who shot her a dirty look!

If that's true then I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the pending reality of being one of only two adult daughters still at the TTH changed her mind real fast. 

9 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I remember that, but, she's been trained and most likely beaten into submission to do what she's told. 

55 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

She would have been 16 or 17 then, right? That seems like a normal thing for a teenager to think/say, and it is totally normal for a teen/young adult to change their mind with a couple of years of maturity. It's also something that a teen would say if they don't have any romantic interest yet, but would change very quickly if/when they develop an interest in someone.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived