IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

I think the date is fake. 10/28 is Joy's birthday. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I believe that. That's 7 months! How exactly do those wedding registries work? Is it possible for anyone to just make up a list and put fake names in? 

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Can't anyone make a fake registry?

After the whole Tabitha Paine storm and Jinger wedding leak, they're fools if they don't create decoy wedding details/registries to throw the internet off the scent (which, FWIW, is what I think happened with that registry: they've made a new one and informed guests).

However, while the Duggars would want to provide fake wedding details to confuse those not invited and reduce the chances of the internet figuring out the date, they probably would want to stock the registry with things they actually want in case God lays it on the hearts of some humpers to give them free stuff. 

I think that the Joy Duggar registry is a fake.  Compared to Jill's and Jessa's wishlists it is positively reasonable - and there are really not nearly enough towels, expensive items, or firearms listed. 

I think it's probably some bored teenage fan creating a fake registry for fun. If people can create fake social media accounts and pretend to be Duggars I'm sure they can create fake registries. 

Pretty enterprising, to try to scam free kitchenware, linens and powertools out of the humpers! 10/10 for effort!

ETA and now I'm sad all over again for Joy, that this really will be her first time she's got to make basic choices about her living environment.  Remembering all my friends who got to decorate their bedrooms, either by buying black paint themselves (so goth!) or parents giving them options - or even just covering walls with poster/things ripped out of magazines/postcards etc etc.  It's gutting that the first time these kids get to do it is when they get married - and then it's doing what their menfolk/family want too....  I can't imagine the Duggar girls get to eg put together a registry alone, even.

18 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think that the Joy Duggar registry is a fake.  Compared to Jill's and Jessa's wishlists it is positively reasonable - and there are really not nearly enough towels, expensive items, or firearms listed. 

I did give the side eye at them only requesting flatware for 8.  With a family and guest list that size, you should request at least 2 sets, maybe 3.  Ditto to dishes.  Even if they use disposables when the whole clan is over, unless they want to use them anytime they're roped into babysitting, they really need more.  

Edit: the registry ships to Springdale, AR, so it probably was not made by someone COMPLETELY random.  The gifts may actually send to them.  

It has to be fake, it it too reasonable, and coordinated, and public and it is Amazon, They would register at Wal Mart and Gun -n -Amo before some libruel highfalutin website.   I'm sure it is someone trying to scam stuff, what is the mailing address of the crap. 

I'm guessing that either the registry or the date is fake.

The Duggars have been known to have some long courtships - Ben and Jessa waited for a while, e.g.

But I don't think they are found of long engagements. Courtships can be broken, while engagements can't - not in their world anyhow, so in a Dughar prespective a long engagement would be rather risky. 

Also I don't think they would be so stupid as to announce the date in such a reckless manner. I think that they probably will keep it a secret for a while or make People/TLC pay to announce it. 

Jinger hid both date and location. You'd think Joy would know better than advertise both. That's why I'm leaning towards fake. 

Lots of power tools there. In his line of work, wouldn't he likely already have those things? And how tall is Joy? A Size 8.5 shoe seems big. She's on the shorter side, right?  I'm going with probably not hers. Did Jinger have a public registry?

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

However, while the Duggars would want to provide fake wedding details to confuse those not invited and reduce the chances of the internet figuring out the date, they probably would want to stock the registry with things they actually want in case God lays it on the hearts of some humpers to give them free stuff. 

Ok where did this stupid phrase get started, because I had never heard it until I watched the Duggars.

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Lots of power tools there. In his line of work, wouldn't he likely already have those things? And how tall is Joy? A Size 8.5 shoe seems big. She's on the shorter side, right?  I'm going with probably not hers. Did Jinger have a public registry?

I think it's a fake... But I'm only 5'5" tall and I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe. 

I don't think JinJer had a public registry. 

so we don't think they are actually getting married on Joy's birthday. So that won't make her still a teenager...and a newly minted twenty year old.  It also looks like they are waiting longer so it looks a little better.... 

I think the registry is real with a fake date. The duggars love grifting so they probably want to make the registry public but don't want people to know the real date. 

I suspect it's a real registry because of the amount of power tools that Austin probably wants compared to house type things that Joy "wants." It's pretty disproportionate in favor of the guys wants which is not what you'd expect from someone faking a registry but does not surprise me in the least for fundies. 

On 3/10/2017 at 6:18 PM, BullyJBG said:

The first thought I had when I saw this new thread was getting that song in my head; "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart......."

I bet when ole Jim Boob is wanting some sweet fellowship he sings, "I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my parts...".

I couldn't resist. 

18 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I bet when ole Jim Boob is wanting some sweet fellowship he sings, "I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my parts...".

I couldn't resist. 

Oh...now I've got *that* stuck in my head. Ugh. *shudders* :brainbleach:

I'm going with the numbers are all correct just in the wrong order on the registry.  I predict August 12 th wedding.  Jilly muffin will be back in town, spawned and ready to party.

10 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I'm going with the numbers are all correct just in the wrong order on the registry.  I predict August 12 th wedding.  Jilly muffin will be back in town, spawned and ready to party.

Wow, I doubt they would wait that long. This is not an average couple. These are 2 very young fundies. I'm assuming Jill will come home to give birth. Wonder if Austin has a house ready?

On 3/11/2017 at 10:35 AM, formergothardite said:

Damn it people! I now have that song stuck in my head! 

My favorites are:

and

No, we have absolutely never, ever heard of the Jews. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Good to know she loves them, even though she didn't seem to actually view them as people. 

Underdog entry, but my fave was "Orion shines real well tonight honey." I just loved how she was condescending in her crazy.

Before the...interesting...posts on the last thread, I really enjoyed the engagement ring talk! I think we will be purchasing one this year and it's nice to hear some reasonable talk. The women around me mostly all have just giant diamonds and bigger budgets than I have. So thanks, ladies!

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And how tall is Joy? A Size 8.5 shoe seems big

I am  laughing - I have never heard of shoes on a wedding registry before this.

38 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I am  laughing - I have never heard of shoes on a wedding registry before this.

Well you know it's rare they get new shoes. Then again they probably buy new things more often nowadays.

Even though I knew this was what Joy was destined for if she didn't make a run for it, it still breaks my heart to see all those cooking/kitchen ware items on a registry that may well be Joy's and Austin's (with a fake date). I think of Joy as being so young (which she is), and the registry in part proves that because many people already have the basics when they are getting married (they've lived together or worked and acquired the "needs" already), but this shows how she is really starting from nothing. I wasn't sad when any of the other girls got married, but I just want Joy running around in jeans with friends from college while she takes real math classes and learns how to rock climb. Instead, her virtue and sexuality is being sold on a TV show. :562479558b1bf_32(11):

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived