IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

10 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

As a matter of fact, they DID wear them again, at their parents' vow renewal. (Michelle and Anna basically switched outfits).

Ok, in this pic they look 100% navy!

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My (16 year...:pb_eek:) bad dye job story started as a 14-year-old experimenting with Sun-In, which is apparently still on the market with the same terrible graphics on the package that they had in 1996. From there, my parents paid for me to have a complete dye-job, because it looked so, so terrible. And I kept it up and kept it up, spending untold hours and many thousands of dollars on upkeep. I went back to my natural color three years ago, which was a surprisingly dark shade of brunette. I had no idea what it was going to look like, I just knew that I spent too much money and too much time trying to be a shade of blonde that looked AWFUL on me. Whenever I tell anyone that I was a blonde for years they give me a look and I have to say, "yeah, it was not a good look..."

On 3/21/2017 at 4:32 PM, Carm_88 said:

Hit the nail on the head. The Duggars don't want to support anything but themselves. 

Not even themselves.

36 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

As a matter of fact, they DID wear them again, at their parents' vow renewal. (Michelle and Anna basically switched outfits).

storymaker-duggar-vow-renewal-pictures2-

Jill looks cute in this photo^

OHMYDEARGOD Michelle's hair looks so horrible in those pictures!! Not to mention that ugly dress!!

12 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

OHMYDEARGOD Michelle's hair looks so horrible in those pictures!! Not to mention that ugly dress!!

But it's modest! 

2 hours ago, mpheels said:

But it's modest! 

Modest is hottest say D-reck Dullard :P 

I guess I totally blocked this out when they did the say yes to the dress/19 kids and counting crossover. Like I totally thought I remember the dress being decent but I guess I blocked the "modest" standards that had to be added.

My (16 year...:pb_eek:) bad dye job story started as a 14-year-old experimenting with Sun-In, which is apparently still on the market with the same terrible graphics on the package that they had in 1996. From there, my parents paid for me to have a complete dye-job, because it looked so, so terrible. And I kept it up and kept it up, spending untold hours and many thousands of dollars on upkeep. I went back to my natural color three years ago, which was a surprisingly dark shade of brunette. I had no idea what it was going to look like, I just knew that I spent too much money and too much time trying to be a shade of blonde that looked AWFUL on me. Whenever I tell anyone that I was a blonde for years they give me a look and I have to say, "yeah, it was not a good look..."

I used Sun In back in '93 or '94. I was a natural dark blonde and really wanted highlights. It didn't do anything besides fry my hair. I've been dyeing my hair a bright red since 2004 and have always been complimented on it. My natural color never looked good on me.

I'm pretty sure Anna's dresses were navy blue. That kind of fabric changes color in the light but they overall looked navy. I remember watching that episode back when it was new and thinking that it was weird that they had to make them modest by adding sleeves. I got married in my fundie/fundie lite church in a v neck dress with exposed shoulders. The horrors.

On 2017-03-23 at 0:06 AM, send*the*ferrets said:

I feel like her hand on his stomach like that is way more defrauding than a quick hug or holding hands. Heck even a kiss on the cheek- my dad kisses me on the cheek- I wouldn't put my hand on my dads stomach like that. Ewww 

This! I'd hug just about anyone in a way that would make Duggars horrified.* I front hug my boss and my friends and my friends partners that I've only met once before. But I would not touch any of their stomachs. 

They talk about modesty but no heathen I've ever met have made hand holding feel dirty. They must all have such a warped view of sex and intimacy. I feel for them. Not JB and M, they chose this for the children. They suck.

*Actually I think my whole life would horrify the Duggars. I'd love to meet them and tell them all about it. I feel like I know them so there'd be hugs all around!

On 3/21/2017 at 11:16 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Nah, not all universities are like that. my alma mater is assoc'd with the southern baptist convention, and we have libraries/chapels/auditoriums that are booked literally years in advance by alum or non-alum (its usually just the alumni or legacy families who know about it/want it that much haha)

My heathen liberal university had non-alums book the chapel (which was used for Rocky Horror Picture Show shadow cast performances) and the library all the time for weddings. I felt bad for one couple who had the misfortune to schedule their wedding on the day senior theses were due (when every senior who wrote a thesis gets completely shitfaced).

Also, Anna's BM dresses give me show choir flashbacks.

15 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

storymaker-duggar-vow-renewal-pictures2-

I'd forgotten about that episode, @VineHeart137. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

She was trying so hard to be Anna in that wedding.  That was back when Anna did the slick front party in the back. 

4 hours ago, Irene said:

It seems like Joy has lost a lot of weight during the years..

Anyone else notice that?

To me, it seems more like Joy has a completely different body shape than the older J'slaves, which makes it even more absurd that she has to dress out of the communal closet. But there's no room for individuality with the Duggars.

12 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

To me, it seems more like Joy has a completely different body shape than the older J'slaves, which makes it even more absurd that she has to dress out of the communal closet. But there's no room for individuality with the Duggars.

Jinger and Jessa are very "fine boned" like Michelle while Joy, Jana, and Jill are not (though Jill's height makes it less noticeable). I've always felt bad for Jana because she was made to feel bad about her weight, and I suspect part of it was based on comparisons to Michelle. I worry that Joy has faced similar pressure, with the focus being on weight/size and not health. It really sucks when your in good shape/health, but people can't see it because of the shape of your frame. I'm short but have broad shoulders and hips. At my lowest adults weight, I was still borderline obese according to the charts, despite being very fit in terms of physical ability (i.e. I could pass Army fitness requirements if I needed to) and having body composition within a healthy range. 

57 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

She was trying so hard to be Anna in that wedding.  That was back when Anna did the slick front party in the back. 

Michelle was competitive with Anna. Not only did Michelle have to steal Anna's hairstyle and wedding thunder, but Michelle gloated when she got pregnant with Josie after Anna was pregnant with Mackynzie. I remember when Michelle announced that pregnancy. The expression on Anna's face was priceless. So much "you have got to be kidding me?" I don't think Michelle was prepared to let any other woman get attention for a pregnancy. That was her market. Of course, she could spin it into her first grand-Duggar and keep it all about Jim Bob and Michelle. 

BTW, When will Michelle get an age appropriate hairstyle? Those pics of her drinking milkshakes with Jim Bob, with her outdated teenage hairstyle, creep me out to no end. Add that Jim Bob wanted puffy sleeves and I feel like I'm watching some inappropriate role playing, where Jim Bob pretends Michelle is a little girl in order to be attracted to her.

Now Jill does those stupid milkshake pics, too. Gross. Are they committed to long hair and curls because of ATI brainwashing? They haven't figured out that "curls for Jesus" is just Bill Gothard's strange fetish and it's not an actual Jesus thing? 

Back to dresses. The dresses look navy in all of the vow renewal photos, but at Anna's wedding, they look purple, grey, and sometimes chocolate brown. I'm convinced they're navy, now. 

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Michelle was competitive with Anna. Not only did Michelle have to steal Anna's hairstyle and wedding thunder, but Michelle gloated when she got pregnant with Josie after Anna was pregnant with Mackynzie. I remember when Michelle announced that pregnancy. The expression on Anna's face was priceless. So much "you have got to be kidding me?" I don't think Michelle was prepared to let any other woman get attention for a pregnancy. That was her market. Of course, she could spin it into her first grand-Duggar and keep it all about Jim Bob and Michelle. 

BTW, When will Michelle get an age appropriate hairstyle? Those pics of her drinking milkshakes with Jim Bob, with her outdated teenage hairstyle, creep me out to no end. Add that Jim Bob wanted puffy sleeves and I feel like I'm watching some inappropriate role playing, where Jim Bob pretends Michelle is a little girl in order to be attracted to her.

Now Jill does those stupid milkshake pics, too. Gross. Are they committed to long hair and curls because of ATI brainwashing? They haven't figured out that "curls for Jesus" is just Bill Gothard's strange fetish and it's not an actual Jesus thing? 

Back to dresses. The dresses look navy in all of the vow renewal photos, but at Anna's wedding, they look purple, grey, and sometimes chocolate brown. I'm convinced they're navy, now. 

Jim Bob wants Michelle to look like she did when he fell in love with her. His tastes are very much stuck in the 1980's, which was a very unfortunate time when adults crimped their hair and wore puff sleeved formal dresses.

Mullet's hair vexes me so in that vow renewal. Seriously, you grift a dress from Kleinfeld's and can't be bothered to make your hair not look like a wet mop. 

1 minute ago, mpheels said:

Jim Bob wants Michelle to look like she did when he fell in love with her. His tastes are very much stuck in the 1980's, which was a very unfortunate time when adults crimped their hair and wore puff sleeved formal dresses.

Yikes! I read an article once that opined that men stay in a rut, so to speak, about what they find attractive, and it's usually what was in style during their late teens or early 20's. 

None of my boyfriends from the 80's want me to revive that look. I know, because every time one of them gets divorced, they contact me on Facebook. I haven't had one request for crimped hair. I wish though. Now it sounds fun all of a sudden. 

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

snipped

I remember that episode too.  John David said, "I think when the kids start having kids it's time for the parents to stop."  I wonder if that has been cut in re-runs.

That must have cost him family status.  

I remember when she shopped for the dress. She dragged the kids along and they were rolling on the floor, totally bored. I thought how annoyed I'd be if I were  a customer.  No one did anything to divert them or make them stop.

9 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

This! I'd hug just about anyone in a way that would make Duggars horrified.* I front hug my boss and my friends and my friends partners that I've only met once before. But I would not touch any of their stomachs. 

They talk about modesty but no heathen I've ever met have made hand holding feel dirty. They must all have such a warped view of sex and intimacy. I feel for them. Not JB and M, they chose this for the children. They suck.

*Actually I think my whole life would horrify the Duggars. I'd love to meet them and tell them all about it. I feel like I know them so there'd be hugs all around!

I would pay to see the looks on their faces if a fan went up and hugged them! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived