IGNORED

Hope Pennington, atheist

16strong

... I should not have read that spanking post... I can't stop shaking. I'm just so mad about what she did to that poor child.

If anyone tried that on Velocibaby, I would literally rip them limb from limb and would gladly go to jail for it. How the FUCK can someone do that to their own child?!?!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I thought one of the girls was pregnant? Maybe I have then confused with the Jeubs (again)?

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

... I should not have read that spanking post... I can't stop shaking. I'm just so mad about what she did to that poor child.

If anyone tried that on Velocibaby, I would literally rip them limb from limb and would gladly go to jail for it. How the FUCK can someone do that to their own child?!?!

That's exactly how I felt when I first read the post a while ago. My 2 are grown up now. I have 4 great-nephews aged 5,4,2 and 16 weeks. If anyone hurt them I would quite cheerfully go to prison after taking my revenge.

My brain cannot fathom how a Mother can deliberately hurt her own baby, then post the whole scenario whilst saying Jesus made me do it. Totally incomprehensible. 

• Upvote 7

"And the other ones who are adults but still living at home don’t really lean on me….they just do their own thing."

I seriously hope that part is true. Her past posts about her older children were very much the opposite, from what I can remember.

And she ends the post with a push for her essential oils. Some things never change.

• Upvote 7

On 18/05/2017 at 3:34 AM, Feministe9000 said:

FYI Grace is reading this book now she's a fundie married lady:

I read a bunch of reviews and excerpts, and it is the most misogynistic sexist bullshit i've ever seen, apparently many readers felt the same way.....but why should I be surprised she's reading this nonsense!?!?! :my_sick::pb_rollseyes: I'm not.

Ahh, Love and Respect.  I haven't read it myself but my parents talk about it a lot.

• Upvote 1

I'm really hoping Grace's new husband is a sweet tempered man, and she's only reading this book because she wants to be a "better" wife.  It's right in line with Lisa's beliefs.  That said, the Pennington household has undergone some huge changes since Alicia Faith escaped.  Lisa was full blown SAHD, skirts only, living at home under the headship of James until you got married, and (from several reports from outsiders) controlling every detail of her children's lives.  Now all the daughters are living (or have lived) independently away from home.  They can come together as a family for a meal, unlike, say, the Jeubs. Lisa can admit that she's still not 100% with Faith, but Faith can show up to Mother's Day wearing short shorts and still be in the family pic.  Hope seems happy on the family homestead for a bit and has her own little space. 

A lot of changes have taken place.  For an OCD controlling person like Lisa, these are major, major changes.  I'd really like to hear Lisa talk about how wonderful how OWN mother is, but likely she's not there yet.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

From another review of L&R I've found, the book is basically about how to manipulate your partner into giving you what you want (or feel you need), dressed up fancy to sound biblical and nice.  No, that's not how a healthy relationship works.  Giving in order to get isn't love.  (Or so I've heard.)  (pdf link on this page, that particular point is on page 8 of 12)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but there is a quip from Lisa regarding the day long spanking (beating) episode where she summed it all up by writing "Now he says 'hi mommy' whenever I want."  I don't recall the last time I read something so infuriating.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• 4 months later...

The Penningtons have fascinated me since before Faith left, and I follow up on all the daughter's social media posts, including Lisa's (who is so tame these days? I wonder if the events of the past few years has had a humbling effect?! LOL

Patience is still a "bond-slave" to the Lord, and an ardent Christian, but has a job doing photography which she seems to enjoy, and has been able to do some travel with her Christian fundy friends, so that's something.....:pb_rollseyes:
https://www.instagram.com/patiencepennington/

Grace hasn't posted much except for writing her weird Christian sci-fi novels, which aren't very good, and the writing is a bit juvenile for a 27 year old, but hey! Clearly these girls got the creative bug from Lisa, which is one positive to come out of their years of homeschooling. Apparently according to her most recent instagram, she has started a new blog, so i'll be following that.
She and her derpy looking husband live somewhere a couple hours away, and she seems happy.
https://www.instagram.com/jgracetheauthor/

Hope is moving to Austin, she just got herself a car and a driver's license, after months of working her butt off at Chik-Fil-A and other jobs, I applaud her for working so hard, as she also had the ID issue which Faith did when she left (she really paved the way for Hope! ) they seem close, according to instagram and Hope's YouTube channel, and since Faith lives in Austin, I'm guessing Hope may be moving in with her? Time will tell, but Hope is really breaking out, and good for her, she is writing several novels, including a graphic novel, and appears to be getting published this year. ALL THE SNAPS FOR HOPE. She is my fave, especially since her coming out as a non-believer, in her community, must have been ROUGH, even if, as she so graciously put it, "everyone has been super supportive and loving", except I did catch in one of her video's comments, that her parents still wanted her to go to church with them and to not discuss this with neighbors or family friends until she moved out (this was only a few months ago, so I'm guessing Lisa was very concerned about her reputation, surprise surprise!!!! Ugh.)
https://www.instagram.com/theepicplace/

Faith has been much more under the radar since the death of her boyfriend, and I don't blame her. The snippets I have seen though, she has gotten more tattoos, works at JuiceLand in Austin now, and overall seems to be fairly happy living her life, she seems to be consistently growing and changing, which is so good, and gives me hope the  girls (young women) who do leave the Point, will continue to mature and develop, after all those years of Mommy Lisa trying to mold them into perfect little fundie young ladies.
Lisa posted an update when all the kids came to the Point for Mother's Day this year, and said she doesn't want to give too many details about Faith because she would rather focus on her relationship with her daughter (sounds like she has finally learned!!!) sort of....
https://www.instagram.com/aleciafaithh/

The Pennington boys are all still at home, including the eldest who is around Grace's age, I think, he is obnoxious! He has a CD out apparently....ugh.

I'm not sure why I decided to delve into this update, but hope y'all enjoy!!!
Some of the Pennington girls have come a LONG way, and they should be very proud.
I think those of us here at FJ should be too.

Edited by Feministe9000
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

So from Hope's Instagram, I saw that one of her sisters (Alecia/Faith?) had a terrible SEVERE car accident. She had to have several surgeries, and Hope is by her side in the hospital in Austin (in between her own job hunting and interviews). On Lisa's page, on the other hand, I've only seen a post about having breakfast with "two of her favorites" (younger children)... Did I miss something???

• Upvote 3

That's not a severe situation, it's truly awful. I hope she's okay and gets the medical care she needs, whatever happened.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I know... It just seems odd that her mother wouldn't even mention Alecia Faith's accident, show any signs of rushing to her side, or even asking for prayer. Especially since she claims to be working on her relationship with her daughter... :(

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Just wanted to add, I follow Alecia on Facebook. She was t-boned in her car on the driver's side. Car is totaled. She's OK-ish. Fractured pelvis & some bumps & bruises. Lots of care left in front of her, but she's alive, alert, & on the healing train. I haven't looked at her mother's blog in a long while, I don't want to right now bc I know her mother hasn't said a word about her child's accident. She makes me sick.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Lisa had more of a reaction when her daughter came out as Bi than when her daughter was in a major car wreck?

Fuck her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

Ugh, Lisa...  She is on par with POTUS.   I think she would watch Rome burn and do nothing but pour on some of her Young Living Oils to fuel the fire while claiming it was a result of Godlessness.  I imagine she has a grade A personality disorder, or perhaps 2 or more rolling around inside that head of hers.  No amount of oil, is going to help with that core of emptiness that someone with an NPD or BPD have.  People can get better with those PD's, but it takes years of very committed therapy to break up those destructive personality structures.

Edited by calimojo
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I just saw those pictures on Alecia Faith's FB. She is lucky to be alive, and I hope she has a good lawyer. She needs to get a large settlement, enough to cover any possible future medical bills or disability.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

So incredibly sorry to hear this. Wishing her speedy healing, although from an experience with an in-law long ago (and things may have changed), it just takes time to heal a broken pelvis.

Being incapacitated in Austin is not a good thing for people on minimum wage or just above it.  It's gotten to be a very, very expensive town to live in as rents and housing prices are skyrocketing and wages certainly are not keeping up, so any break in income can create real havoc in one's life. 

Juiceland is an organic juice/smoothie/salad place with over 20 locations in the area, with the usual low pay for the service industry.  I was looking at reviews for working there, and it does mention health insurance benefits for full-time workers.  However, in an accident, the insurance of the motorist at fault should be paying for medical expenses.  There are a ton of lawyers in Austin who specialize in suing in exactly this type of accident and they advertise widely on TV.  ("Call Ted Lorenz!"  -- Ted snaps his fingers -- "It's just that easy!"). 

My sincere hopes for these young women: Get to college!  Austin Community College is great for a start.  But again, living in this city on a low salary makes it very, very hard to stay afloat, much less to save money for school.  My best wishes for both Hope and Faith as they go forward in their lives. 

By the way, Kerrville, where the Penningtons point, is about a 2.5- to 3-hour drive from Austin in real world conditions. 

ETA: One good thing about working in a place like Juiceland is that you meet a LOT of different types of people -- mostly a similar age group, but from every background.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Howl said:

My sincere hopes for these young women: Get to college!  Austin Community College is great for a start.  But again, living in this city on a low salary makes it very, very hard to stay afloat, much less to save money for school.  My best wishes for both Hope and Faith as they go forward in their lives.

Honestly if it's just a question of finding a cheap place to live and go to school, it would be much cheaper for them to live in San Antonio and start out at San Antonio College or one of the other Alamo Colleges campuses, where tuition is cheap. They could transfer those credits to UTSA. Wages are low in San Antonio too but the rents are much more reasonable than they are in Austin. My son is at UT-Austin and we are paying $600/month for a small room in a house with a shared kitchen and shared bathroom.

Kerrville is about an hour away from San Antonio.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like Faith won't even be able to walk for 6 weeks... 

Meanwhile, a list of very important things Lisa did ON THE DAY FOLLOWING her daughter's accident, none of which include rushing to Austin to be with her:

- Was "changed" by her Bible study. (Obviously not changed enough)

- Went to Cracker Barrel and LOL'ed when she couldn't swallow her supplements

- Posted a meme about wanting to be a caterpillar to sleep all day and wake up beautiful

- Went to Home Depot with her son to buy a gas can to mow the lawn

In the following few days, she read her bible while sniffing oils, watched Jurassic Park, baked doughnuts, fixed a leaky faucet, and hung out with her "good" children, none of which seem to have visited Faith either.

She shares every sneeze with her followers and couldn't even ask for their prayers??? She's a phony-ass Christian and despicable mother. I hope Faith and Hope cut her out of their life and truly blossom out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Love 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 7:10 AM, usedbicycle said:

So it looks like Faith won't even be able to walk for 6 weeks... 

Meanwhile, a list of very important things Lisa did ON THE DAY FOLLOWING her daughter's accident, none of which include rushing to Austin to be with her:

- Was "changed" by her Bible study. (Obviously not changed enough)

- Went to Cracker Barrel and LOL'ed when she couldn't swallow her supplements

- Posted a meme about wanting to be a caterpillar to sleep all day and wake up beautiful

- Went to Home Depot with her son to buy a gas can to mow the lawn

In the following few days, she read her bible while sniffing oils, watched Jurassic Park, baked doughnuts, fixed a leaky faucet, and hung out with her "good" children, none of which seem to have visited Faith either.

She shares every sneeze with her followers and couldn't even ask for their prayers??? She's a phony-ass Christian and despicable mother. I hope Faith and Hope cut her out of their life and truly blossom out there.

I appreciate your concern I really do, but you don't know anything.  She DID come to see Faith in the hospital and helped loads so did some siblings.  You don't know what you're talking about.  My Mom cares loads about us if anything too much.  If you want the facts those are them.  If anything my Mom's fault would be loving her kids too much if that's a fault.  -- Hope

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

@A Homeschooled Girl You might want to contact an admin or helpmeet, so you can be verified as actually being Hope. I hope you are real and that your version of events is true because from the outside your mother doesn't seem like a very nice person.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Hope, it is good to know that your sister is getting a lot of family support and you are helping her in this difficult time.  She has devastating injuries and to be housebound (and maybe bedridden) for weeks and weeks is so difficult in so many ways. Wishing her continued health and healing. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 10/28/2017 at 7:34 PM, A Homeschooled Girl said:

I appreciate your concern I really do, but you don't know anything.  She DID come to see Faith in the hospital and helped loads so did some siblings.  You don't know what you're talking about.  My Mom cares loads about us if anything too much.  If you want the facts those are them.  If anything my Mom's fault would be loving her kids too much if that's a fault.  -- Hope

Like it’s been mentioned, your mom posts every ridiculous detail yet doesn’t even mention the accident or ask for prayers. It really looks bad.

I recall Faith’s FB page asking for help and your siblings descended on that page like a pack of wild jackals (I don’t recall you on there) and they were vicious and nasty, and  flat out vile. I get wanting to defend your parents but that was disgusting and over the top. I don’t think I believe you-if you actually are Hope.

I guess at the end of the day it doesn’t matter if I believe you, or my opinion. I think your parents are vile and despicable.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

One last thought. I hope if you ever have children, one day you will go and get your baby from their nap and think about “good morning Mommy” or whatever bullshit it was your mom wanted your brother to repeat, and be struck by how awful that was. I hope you look at your innocent child and wonder how anyone could do that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1