IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: She's in Shorts?!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Doesn't his flock consist of like two families though? Maybe they are ok with it because they want more friends. 

According to their cover photo on FB, it looks like maybe 3?

"Jeremy and Jinger believe/do XYZ" is an assertion of fact rather than opinion, and therefore it requires evidence to be credible. "I get the impression that Jeremy and Jinger likely believe/do XYZ" is an opinion, which could benefit from supporting evidence, but it's not strictly necessary.

3 hours ago, unicorncastle said:

It's sad that the pitch forks come out when someone tries to expand the thought bubble because honestly nobody ACTUALLY knows what is happening. We know what some fundamentalists do, we know what some believe, but largely there is a lot of discussion about things we assume about their lives.

I'm gay, but that doesn't mean that all gay people live/believe/act the same way.

Your question was asked and answered. Expanding thought bubbles is alright, I suppose, but this bubble was burst. No pitchforks, just strong feelings about FJ being in any way equivocated with the fundies we talk about. I don't personally assume anything about their lives, they freely put their lives in the public eye. They don't all have to believe the same way, but what these families stand for is well known and no adults in the Duggar/Bates clans have said anything repudiating these beliefs.

Not sure what your objective is, but don't be too surprised at the flashback.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Also a really bad idea. :/

Except she didn't. A PM to one person isn't the same thing really. 

Just now, amendgitan said:

76104618.jpg

2 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

There's nothing stopping me from doing whatever I want with the information. Except site rules and basic human decency. 

1 hour ago, Jilli said:

I don't either. As long as they aren't presented as a fact. Speaking in absolutes is dangerous imo unless you have proof or well rounded reason.

Yep, such as saying former President Obama was a Muslim and not born in the US. Absolutely no evidence of either thing yet some idiotic folks held to these opinions as the gospel truth. Gah.

1 minute ago, ladyamylynn said:

There's nothing stopping me from doing whatever I want with the information. Except site rules and basic human decency. 

For the record, I wasn't calling you an ax murderer but it's NOT smart to send personal info to a random person on the internet, especially if you are new to a place. 

7 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Like what? There's nothing stopping you from going to court and accessing thousands of public marriage records either. The thing is, many people often give out private info to people they have never met, like site admins, for example. What's to stop them from using that info? What she did isn't really self- doxxing, which implies the release of personal info for a malicious purpose. And it's not really that big of  deal, is it? 

Like what? There's nothing stopping you from going to court and accessing thousands of public marriage records either. The thing is, many people often give out private info to people they have never met, like site admins, for example. What's to stop them from using that info? What she did isn't really self- doxxing, which implies the release of personal info for a malicious purpose. And it's not really that big of  deal, is it? 

Go read some poopistan threads for examples of why good internet privacy is a good idea. 

Also, as a site admin, I have to comment on the giving of info to site admins. We expressly tell you when you sign up what your information can be used for, and how. It's not like we just willy-nilly go compiling that information or use it unnecessarily. You know what information is being collected and how it will be used ahead of time and can make choices you are comfortable with. 

If I know your first name, last name, location, etc., I could probably pin down all sorts of info on you.

With the information I have off this website right now (assuming you don't leave your identity hanging out of your shorts all the time or you're not a flasher with your identity) I can find out....practically nothing.
I don't know your first name or last name--so I can't look up your marriage records.
I don't know your location, so I can't look up your employer.
I don't know your real name, so I can't find your address and show up to make a skinsuit out of internet strangers (that and I"m not an ax murderer or a maker of skinsuits.  But that's what an ax murder would say)

You have your super-hero on-line identity.  YOu have your in-real-life real first and last name identity.  Wise people keep the 2 apart.
For people who have been on message boards for any length of time, we've seen why it's wise not to let your real-life-first-and-last-name flag fly all over the place.

Wouldn't post originally.  trying again.

Spoiler

identity.png

7 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

I'm sorry, it's really weird and totally stupid to send your person information to someone who is flaming you on an online forum. Plus, it was just a link to a random facebook profile that could have belonged to any random lesbian, really. What's the point? Is she trying to provoke me into, I dunno, showing up at her house? Sending 20 pizzas? In any case, being a real actual lesbian certainly doesn't prove anything.  How would you even be able to tell from someone's facebook profile that they're legally married, anyway?  She's being stupid and reckless to make some grand point and I'm not playing along.

23 minutes ago, Destiny said:

For the record, I wasn't calling you an ax murderer 

The ruse is working... Heh heh.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:55 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

To counter,

1) - 100% agree 

2) It could be that it was the only place to get married in such a short amount of time? I don't think the Duggars take issue using college services (like going to sport games) It still doesn't mean any offspring will for sure go to college.

3) Are we sure TLC didn't edit out any of the "Headship" comments like they did for every wedding after Joshley and Anna?

4) I want that to be telling, but Jinger is a follower. She follows her headship and probably doesn't argue. 

5) I will never believe a Duggar is on birth control until one of them comes out and says it. Jeremy is just as gross as the Duggars when it comes to his religion. He probably feels the same way they do about birth control now that he has a wife. 

6) I do agree Jinger is one of the least satisfied ones. 

It seems evident to me that a lot of the more radical sentiments are  whitewashed out by TLC. I could have sworn Jeremy in his morning wedding lecture to his bride was about to go off on a same-sex marriage is evil tangent, but they cut his sound and cued the music. Smart. 

On 3/14/2017 at 0:53 PM, unicorncastle said:

I agree with this. I'm sitting here wondering what type of women are on the board because none of them seem to take their spouses opinions into consideration when living their lives. There are certain things my wife and I both do because the other person does or does not like it. I always thought it was considered common curtesy.

Dude, dressing how you are comfortable, regardless of what your spouse likes, has nothing to do with being rude.  Controlling one's style in order to conform a mate's wishes isn't common courtesy. It's gross. And I don' mean wearing something you're ok with more often because your spouse loves how you look. That's cute. But no, no woman should have to take their spouse's opinions into consideration when dressing themselves. That's just gross. And misogynistic. "I really prefer you don't wear short skirts." Eww.  

On 3/14/2017 at 3:45 PM, unicorncastle said:

He's not a fundamentalist pastor. He is a nondenominational one.

Fundamentalist when it comes to religion primarily has to do with more literal interpretations of sacred text. Reading his church statement of faith page it's clear he is a fundamentalist. And seems to have strong Calvinistic beliefs. 

On 3/14/2017 at 3:46 PM, singsingsing said:

'Fundamentalist' is not a denomination. He is a non-denominational fundamentalist pastor.

Are we sure dude's church  is non-denominational? I see that another umbrella church with various "campuses" that has the same name, is nondenominational, but I can' tell that they're affiliated. I mean he definitely comes from a baptist background: "New Life Community Church is a “Confessional Church.” We have adopted the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession of Faith as a faithful summary of the teaching of Scripture and our beliefs. We hold this historical standard as subordinate to the Word of God. We here provide a summary of our Confession. A link to the full 1689 confession can be found here." http://www.newlifemd.org/our-beliefs/  (His dad's church). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1689_Baptist_Confession_of_Faith

18 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

those relationships may be 50/50 but being 'man' controlled when Erin was finishing her music degree and Chad was in the audience.  People act like the women are kept in cages or swept under a rug.  I do believe Jessa has a dominant personality.  Not that I know them but you can tell some things from afar.

Who says those relationships are 50/50? Some off the women may be "spirited" and some of the men not total assholes, but the culture they are all a part of and were raised in, clearly puts man as the "headship" with the woman obedient to him and acting as a "helpmeet", not a true partner. 

When I see any of those women working away from their husbands or their husbands following them to a new city instead of the other way around, I might come close to believing they have real partnerships. 

Every single one of those women became Mrs. [INSERT MAN'S FIRST AND LAST NAME] and lost their identity as individuals. Regardless of how spunky they might be or whether their husband allows the little  woman to decorate the bedroom in pink. 

12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I do think many of us here treat the Duggars as a soap because that is really what it feels like. I have such a hard time believing that there are people out there that have these believes for real. I'm in a constant state of ”but they can't REALLY think that”. 

It's good that we have people here that reminds us that this is for real and that there are no writers we can influence with our wishful thinking. (I'm sure there are writers though, if you read this you can let JB know that all of us would watch a breaking free show. He'll make lots of money if he lets a couple of them go! And he'll still have heaps to continue building his army.)

It is so irresponsible of TLC to make these people look all mainstream and just a bit conservative. They should air each show with a huge warning sign. 

It is irresponsible. And disgusting. Because when people like this with their insane, oppressive and discriminatory beliefs, who are very active in radical right politics, are allowed to be cast as just quaint but sort of normal Christians, it sucks more moderate people in and enables them to adopt harsher attitudes. 

9 hours ago, elliha said:

"In Genesis 1:28 God tells Adam and Eve, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Thus, one of the clear purposes of marriage is to enjoy the delight of children! This is not itself the essence of marriage but is often a beautiful gift within the covenant union." http://www.jingerandjeremy.com/courting/

Well, I would not say that this is a definite no to quiverfull but at least a no to the most extreme forms so I guess this could be a suble f- you to JB and Michelle. I am not going to say anything drastic but this is actually quite promising. In 5-10 years we will see what this means when it comes to family size. I love that he says "often a beautiful gift" and is not proclaiming that it is a beautiful gift.

I don't see it is a no to quiverfull. It's just saying that having babes isn't the essence of marriage. But quiverfull states that having babies is a blessing and a "gift" and should not be prevented with birth control. It doesn't necessarily state that making babies is the essence of marriage. 

14 minutes ago, dawbs said:

If I know your first name, last name, location, etc., I could probably pin down all sorts of info on you.

With the information I have off this website right now (assuming you don't leave your identity hanging out of your shorts all the time or you're not a flasher with your identity) I can find out....practically nothing.
I don't know your first name or last name--so I can't look up your marriage records.
I don't know your location, so I can't look up your employer.
I don't know your real name, so I can't find your address and show up to make a skinsuit out of internet strangers (that and I"m not an ax murderer or a maker of skinsuits.  But that's what an ax murder would say)

You have your super-hero on-line identity.  YOu have your in-real-life real first and last name identity.  Wise people keep the 2 apart.
For people who have been on message boards for any length of time, we've seen why it's wise not to let your real-life-first-and-last-name flag fly all over the place.

Wouldn't post originally.  trying again.

Reveal hidden contents

identity.png

True. Which is why I try to keep my identity as private as possible but it hasn't always worked. It certainly doesn't when it comes to Facebook comments on news sites, for example, where they can get my first and last name which are rather unique. Regardless,  I just don't think she needs a lecture on how stupid she is for PM'ing her info to one person on this site. I'm sure she understands the risks. 

I would argue any intelligent person who understands the risks would not be PMing her private information to a stranger.  Sometimes people are incredibly unaware of what they're opening themselves up to.

(And that is why, even as a mod, my IRL name doesn't comment on FJ's facebook.)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived