IGNORED

God didn’t want us to be able to have unprotected sex that wouldn’t result in pregnancy

Ralar

Paul Ryan really said this, “God didn’t want us to be able to have unprotected sex that wouldn’t result in pregnancy. That’s not how we were designed and every time someone uses birth control, they’re effectively going against God’s wishes and committing manslaughter. . . ."

Paul Ryan: “If There Was A Legitimate Way To Have Intercourse And Not Get Pregnant, God Would Have Included It In His Holy Books”

4 minutes ago, Ralar said:

Paul Ryan really said this, “God didn’t want us to be able to have unprotected sex that wouldn’t result in pregnancy. That’s not how we were designed and every time someone uses birth control, they’re effectively going against God’s wishes and committing manslaughter. . . ."

Paul Ryan: “If There Was A Legitimate Way To Have Intercourse And Not Get Pregnant, God Would Have Included It In His Holy Books”

Sorry Pauley.  If you (or god) aren't willing to foot the bill if I have another kid, then both of you can kiss my big white ass.

Dear Mr Ryan,

I don't believe in any deities. I don't care what your god says.

Besides, it sounds awfully convenient that your deity seems to share your views.

Then, if I were Mrs. Ryan, I'd say, "I've had enough kids (I think they have 4), so no more sex, ever, after #4. You can spend the next 25-30 years taking care if yourself (so to speak). My legs are closed. I am a good Conservative woman, after all, and we were never intended to enjoy sex."

As a UK citizen, this conflation of religion and politics is - fascinating? Offhand, I seem to remember that Blair converted to Catholicism ( but didn't gut free birth control and abortion) and Maggie was Methodist. Any others? Bleh.

And the US is the country with separation of Church and State, and the UK has an official state religion (Church of England - close to Anglican  and Episcopal - it's a broad church) with the head of state also the head of the religion?

Something has gone seriously wrong here. The US Founding Fathers specifically included freedom of worship in their work. But Mr Ryan - even if this quote is untrue - wishes to impose HIS version of one faith on all? Once again, bleh.:devilish:

But then again, in my day, we Brits we were taught never to talk money, politics or religion in public.:content:

2 hours ago, sawasdee said:

As a UK citizen, this conflation of religion and politics is - fascinating? Offhand, I seem to remember that Blair converted to Catholicism ( but didn't gut free birth control and abortion) and Maggie was Methodist. Any others? Bleh.

And the US is the country with separation of Church and State, and the UK has an official state religion (Church of England - close to Anglican  and Episcopal - it's a broad church) with the head of state also the head of the religion?

Something has gone seriously wrong here. The US Founding Fathers specifically included freedom of worship in their work. But Mr Ryan - even if this quote is untrue - wishes to impose HIS version of one faith on all? Once again, bleh.:devilish:

But then again, in my day, we Brits we were taught never to talk money, politics or religion in public.:content:

Ugh!  Americans are horrible about shoving their religion in your face.  No joke, I get some moron knocking on my door bothering me at least twice a week trying to get me to come to their church.  My town is not that big, I'm a person of at least average intelligence, I have internet and access to a damn phone book, if I wanted to attend your church, you would see my ass in the pew beside your's on Sunday morning.  Did you see me last week?  No?  That means I'm not interested!  Buy a clue!

On 3/9/2017 at 2:23 PM, Ralar said:

Are we really to believe he  has only had sex with his wife and only as many times as he has kids? Condoms are manslaughter? Is he really fucking serious? 

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Are we really to believe he  has only had sex with his wife and only as many times as he has kids? Condoms are manslaughter? Is he really fucking serious? 

On 3/9/2017 at 2:40 PM, dawbs said:

I was trying to validate this elsewhere--it seems to not be true:
http://www.snopes.com/paul-ryan-birth-control-murder/

THe guy has enough reprehensible beliefs that it was believable though.

I fucked up.  I reacted before I read the posts above. Sigh.  Doing exactly what I accuse the orange zombies of doing.  Sorry folks.  I'll be in the FJ time out chair for a little bit. Well in reality I'm going to go lie down because I have a wicked  headache ..but ya know.

On 3/9/2017 at 1:23 PM, Ralar said:

Urban legend for Ryan, but Rick Santorum believes exactly this.  These people (RCC and others) do believe that "natural" birth control (avoiding sex during times when a woman is fertile) is OK.  Go figure. 

Here's a tidbit from the Indian Journal of Urology: 

Condoms have been a subject of curiosity throughout history. The idea of safer sex has been explored in ancient and modern history, and has been used to prevent venereal diseases. We conducted a historical and medical review of condoms using primary and secondary sources as well as using the RSM library and the internet. These resources show that the first use of a condom was that of King Minos of Crete. Pasiphae, his wife, employed a goat's bladder in the vagina so that King Minos would not be able to harm her as his semen was said to contain “scorpions and serpents” that killed his mistresses. To Egyptians, condom-like glans caps were dyed in different colours to distinguish between different classes of people and to protect themselves against bilharzia. The Ancient Romans used the bladders of animals to protect the woman; they were worn not to prevent pregnancy but to prevent contraction of venereal diseases. 

King Minos lived over three thousand years ago.  Just sayin'.  I'd also point out that texts used in the bible have been censored at times by translators.  Who know what got taken out, or should I say, pulled out, prematurely. 

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Ralar said:

But he's prolife. So Paul go adopt all the damn kids in foster care and help poor families. 

Also Paul has two kids. Does he pull out?

Archived