IGNORED

Sister Wives is back!!!

DamnPrecious

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching it now. Also, the Courageous trailer has been on all day - oddly enough they had a Sister Wives marathon on all day. I'm not really sure the two go together, but I suppose there are much weirder things it could be coupled with.

They live in the same neighborhood as my sister and I am dying to go by the houses for a peek, but that would be a tad unacceptable behavior wise. Maybe.

They live in the same neighborhood as my sister and I am dying to go by the houses for a peek, but that would be a tad unacceptable behavior wise. Maybe.

Nah.... :P

With that many people I doubt they'd notice you :lol:

I ended up watching. It made me really sad that they are putting those kids on t.v. during such an obviously stressful time.

Kody is a douche.

I like all of the wives though....except Robin. Robin and Kody are a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Can we have a nice long recap please? I wish TLC would put their shows online because I can never remember to watch them at the right time. I only manage to catch Sister Wives if I turn on TLC during a marathon.

Can we have a nice long recap please? I wish TLC would put their shows online because I can never remember to watch them at the right time. I only manage to catch Sister Wives if I turn on TLC during a marathon.

The episode starts off with Robyn freaking out about when/how to tell Mery that she's knocked up with Kody's baby. So she goes to see Mery's house by herself and tells her first and Mery actually seems genuinely happy for them. She said that she feels really bad that it's an issue that affects her so much that people have to be so careful with her about it. She said she struggles with it and while she's never been upset when the other wives got pregnant, it always made her sad. But Mery said she only feels happiness about Robyn being pregnant and that's the first time that has ever happened. (Can I just say here- Robyn shouldn't talk about comple things. ever)

Next, all the families get together for dinner and Kody and Robyn tell everyone she's incubating their 16th. The teens did not react well. Especially Mery's only daughter Mariah- who goes into the bathroom sobbing because she feels so bad for her mom. Then Robyn about starts boo hooing about why aren't the kids accepting me, poor me, i just can't handle this! Then Robyn goes into the bathroom with Mariah and Mariah tells her that she's happy for them and the for the new baby but she's really hurting for her mom. They hug it out and Robyn is still bawling her eyes out.

No one is happy in Vegas, especially Janelle. She's not working and she missed her job, wants to work, doesn't like the financial limitations since they don't have her income. She also feels like she's lost her identity and is worried about Hunter who is miserable and unrecognizable from who he used to be.

Then Kody gets this grand idea to go see a Presby pastor of a local church to see if their kids can join the youth group. They want the kids to hang out with others who have similar morals. Since they cant go to the LDS church and there isn't a local polygamist LDS sect, their options are limited. The pastor is really very accepting and welcoming, but then Robyn and Chrstine freak out about the idea of paving the way to other faith exposing their kids to another religion. Mery and Janelle see it as a way to get the children into a social setting with other kids who have good values and morals. They all start fighting and Janelle says this isn't appropriate to fight in front of the nice pastor.

They work on building a pool.

pt 2 coming

Part 2

So all the wives and Kody meet to discuss the issue of interfaith socialization and things get a little heated with Jannelle- who says that it doesn't really matter she wants because no matter what it is, she gets out-voted. Janelle really wants her older kids to be a part of something, especially Hunter, and she doesn't really care what it is as long as the social network has the same or similar values and morals. They all agree to bring in the kids and let them know what they are thinking and to get their opinions.

The kids actually seem okay with going to another religion's youth group. Logan (Janelle and Kody's son) wants to try going to different youth groups and see what he likes- he wants to choose for himself, but he definitely wants to be a part of something. Mykelti (kody and christine's daughter) and Madison (Janelle and Kody's daugter) are adamant about not wanting to be part of their current church or the LDS church- they want to go to a youth group from another Christian church. Madison even says she hates their church and polygamy isn't for her. Things start to get heated when Robyn starts saying the kids can't choose their own religion until they are adults- here they are killing themselves to stay true this faith- how then can they even think about letting their kids choose for themselves?

They decide that for now, they won't be sending the kids "out" anywhere just yet, but will bring those kids from the different church youth groups into their house. So they have a pool party and invite those teens and it looks like everyone is having a good time. Hunter even seems a little bit like his old self. Some of the kids' parents come over and they get to know each other. Kody is happy.

The END.

It actually was a kinda depressing episode because pretty much everyone is freaking miserable. They don't resemble the family they were at this time last year at all.

I watched this show last season and liked it, although I don't really understand the purpose of polygamy. Since they never really went into their beliefs in any kind of in-depth way, I don't understand the motivation to live like this. I guess they think having multiple wives will ensure all of them that they'll go to heaven? :? Kody is a douche. I don't really know what the women see in him. He seems immature in many ways. Janelle seems like the most stable and reliable one in that bunch. Robin started out very sweet and quiet and now she seems to be coming into her own, speaking out and having an opinion on everything.

I like the way they seem open to their kids exploring other Christian religions and letting them choose for themselves. When you look at the group of Brown teenagers, who seem like very typical teenagers to me - and then the Duggar teenagers, I think there's a huge difference. The Duggars and other fundie families we talk about here don't put up with any of the kids thinking for themselves. What would happen if a Duggar seemed openly pouty and unhappy about a family decision, like the Brown kids sometimes are? Probably extended time in the prayer closet. :roll:

Robyn grates on my nerves. The way she talks on you would think she has been a wife the longest. She kind of talks over everyone and then cries when they even act the slightest bit annoyed. I think pretty much all the other wives looked like they hated their lifestyle now.

I watched this show last season and liked it, although I don't really understand the purpose of polygamy. Since they never really went into their beliefs in any kind of in-depth way, I don't understand the motivation to live like this. I guess they think having multiple wives will ensure all of them that they'll go to heaven? :?

Isn't it something like, the bigger the family, the bigger their place in heaven? So, they take more wives, so more kids will be born and since they seal themselves in marriage, they will all be together in heaven?

I could have it wrong, my knowledge of Mormon polygamy mainly comes from Big Love and some accounts of Danish Mormons that I've read.

Isn't it something like, the bigger the family, the bigger their place in heaven? So, they take more wives, so more kids will be born and since they seal themselves in marriage, they will all be together in heaven?

I could have it wrong, my knowledge of Mormon polygamy mainly comes from Big Love and some accounts of Danish Mormons that I've read.

Mormons believe in preexistence of the soul. So in Heaven there are all these little spirit children waiting to be given a body so they can come to Earth, do all the things required of a temple recommended Mormon, and then they will be able to progress to the highest level of Heaven. The spirit children are stuck as spirit children until they are given a body and they need a body to get to the Celestial Kingdom.

Because they believe that families are eternal, and that faithful Mormon husband and wives who have been married in the temple will become gods and goddesses of their own planet- the bigger the familial kingdom the better. (A family can only be eternal if the parents were sealed in an LDS temple. Kids that are adopted by Mormons can be sealed to them after the adoption at the temple.)

Mormons believe in preexistence of the soul. So in Heaven there are all these little spirit children waiting to be given a body so they can come to Earth, do all the things required of a temple recommended Mormon, and then they will be able to progress to the highest level of Heaven. The spirit children are stuck as spirit children until they are given a body and they need a body to get to the Celestial Kingdom.

Because they believe that families are eternal, and that faithful Mormon husband and wives who have been married in the temple will become gods and goddesses of their own planet- the bigger the familial kingdom the better. (A family can only be eternal if the parents were sealed in an LDS temple. Kids that are adopted by Mormons can be sealed to them after the adoption at the temple.)

Thanks for the explanation!

I thought the youth group discussion was interesting because how many fundies have we read about who oppose youth groups because of all the sin in the camp of those mixed gender activities?

I can tell you that all children who attend youth groups are not model Christians with conservative lifestyles. They are teenagers like all teenagers. Some good and some bad.

I certainly think it would be odd to have a polygamist family attending a presbyterian youth group (hey, I'm presbyterian) becuase the whol plural marriage wouldn't fly with us, and of course the purpose of youth groups is "like fellowship." They would be very unlike. I agree it would be awkward.

Kody F'd up his whole family. Poor hunter looked like he should be on suicide watch.

I saw on last season that a lot of the teens seem to think for themselves and would give their opinion or talk back. It was refreshing to see a conservative family on TLC have "normal" teens, and refreshing to see parents go through the normal struggles with their teens. Now, I feel almost concerned for these kids. While Janelle, Meri, and Christine all seem very caring and understanding towards their kids, Kody just seems so out of touch. Filming seems like priority #1 to him, especially in that scene where his daughter won't come to their church because it is being filmed. They were kind of in a bubble in the suburbs of Salt Lake. While it was still a city, it's pretty conservative, as the wives pointed out. Vegas is a whole new world, and I hope the kids who are feeling sad or lost stay on the right track and find their place.

Yes, everyone is absolutely miserable, except perhaps Kody and his shiny-new bride about their shiny-new-to-be-baby.

Janelle, the breadwinner and whose identity came from her job, isn't working. That can be tough. I've been through that - I had to leave a career I loved and was good at, for health reasons. Now, instead of living in a commune where other moms took care of her kids while she made the money, she is home, without her usual purpose. While I completely understand, I wonder how much she is going to start resenting having six kids to take care of all day now.

The other wives don't work. Christine used to be the SAHM, and Meri seemed to be focusing on her and her daughter's lives, going back to school (which is great, but it sucks that her job kicked her out like that).. Kody doesn't seem to have a job or care to look for one. Are they only living on TLC money? And sorry, Janelle, but most families in this country live on "Finite funds".

I really feel for those kids. The parents seem to not care about the repercussions of their choices on the kids. Moving from a place where they were probably more likely to find religious acceptance (even though Mormons now don't practice polygamy, there's a significant enough of a population where they lived) to a place where they probably won't find any? Brainless decision. The "running for their lives" part of the saga, having to move in 8 days, was manufactured drama. BUt when you're dealing with the hearts and minds of 16 kids, you have to be so damn careful. Kids can be resilient, but this is a lot. No wonder Hunter is spiraling down.

I wished to heck I could remember which TV channel I was watching the other day, but it was one of those home shows, where people flip houses or rehab them or similar...anyway, someone had bought the huge house they lived in when they first came to town & was talking about how wrecked the thing was, & had to be heavily renovated. I can just imagine. :roll:

They do seem really miserable. I think living in separate houses will probably be the beginning of the end for them. It always seems like Mery and Robyn are the "real" wives anyway, or they're the most vocal maybe?

I'm not impressed with their financial logic. Okay so Mery has a house for 2 people that is just as big as the house intended for 7??? And with in-ground pools, too? Really? I can't imagine how much they are paying for rent on all 4 houses, electricity (isn't it hot in Vegas? and they have those big open 2 story houses?), food, gas, vehicles, pool maintenance, etc. Even with the TLC money, I'd be depressed too! And I think because Jenelle made/makes most of the financial decisions (and budget), she knows better than anyone how deep of a hole they are in now (again, depending on the TLC money and how much it is).

They do seem really miserable. I think living in separate houses will probably be the beginning of the end for them. It always seems like Mery and Robyn are the "real" wives anyway, or they're the most vocal maybe?

I'm not impressed with their financial logic. Okay so Mery has a house for 2 people that is just as big as the house intended for 7??? And with in-ground pools, too? Really? I can't imagine how much they are paying for rent on all 4 houses, electricity (isn't it hot in Vegas? and they have those big open 2 story houses?), food, gas, vehicles, pool maintenance, etc. Even with the TLC money, I'd be depressed too! And I think because Jenelle made/makes most of the financial decisions (and budget), she knows better than anyone how deep of a hole they are in now (again, depending on the TLC money and how much it is).

Yep. Those are NICE houses. Jenelle looks like she's about to crack. First poor Hunter and then the budget....and then of course the fact that she's married to the biggest douche on earth

I haven't watched the show this year, but I feel bad for Janelle the most. She was a main breadwinner who seemed to gain a lot from her career on a personal level as well as financially. To have to give that up has to be very hard.

I don't know if the "crisis" in their former location that precipitated their move to LV was real or manufactured. Was anyone really going to prosecute them or make trouble for them? If it wasn't real, though, I could see Janelle being pretty pissed off. The TLC gravy train isn't going to last forever, and now they have four homes to upkeep as opposed to two. Las Vegas does not seem to be the best place to be job hunting, either, according to my brothers, who live there.

Kody is a major doofus and douche. And Robyn is a huge whiner.

Archived