IGNORED

Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine: April Fool's?

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Last we heard, Tim Robertson and Tabitha Paine were still on track for their April 1st wedding (hence thread title), but oddly enough, only one gift has been bought off the registry. Could it be that they've called it off? I highly doubt it, but we can all hope that it has been.

As in the last thread, an FYI that the sexual assault Tim Robertson perpetrated is a major facet of the issues surrounding this potential marriage. If you want to discuss the issues pertinent to sex offender registries, there's a thread in NHB created for this purpose listed below:

• Upvote 4

Millions of Gothard fundies. So it's hard to believe only one gift. Didn't ya'll say her dad is one of the Gothard big shots? If so, this is very puzzling. Not being hateful...but I hope things are on hold. If she didn't know the Duggars, this mess would never have reached mainstream media. Guess this means they unintentionally helped her....

• Upvote 12

If the wedding is, in fact, cancelled do you think they'll blame the internet and evil freejinger for having digged around and gossiped about them?

I was having second guesses about if it is a good thing we are critizing their relationship and Tim's past behavior and if we made it worse, bringing them closer together. But now I think it's a good thing the dirty deed came to light and people at least told Erin Bates.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

But now I think it's a good thing the dirty deed came to light and people at least told Erin Bates.

I don't think people had to tell Erin, maybe she didn't know all the details, but she probably knew the "slut lied" story. I got the impression that Erin was less shocked and more annoyed that people were messing up her perfect image social media. Erin is all about keeping up appearances and hiding and deflecting the dark side of her family. 

Seeing the public reaction, could have caused Tabitha to pause and really think about marrying this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it a bit instead of a total calling off. This time making the date less public. 

• Upvote 33

Delaying the wedding actually sounds very realistic. It should not come too close to Joy's wedding, though. Because if the Duggars through the engagement party they are certainly invited to their wedding, too.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Still Not another item purchased from the List. 

Yep. Exactly 3 weeks away. 

They actually moved it back a week at some point because at first, Tim said the wedding was at the end of march. So if they could move it back once, they could do it again. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. Exactly 3 weeks away. 

They actually moved it back a week at some point because at first, Tim said the wedding was at the end of march. So if they could move it back once, they could do it again. 

They could - or they could just CANCEL it - it's what most of us are hoping anyway, and a girl can dream, right?

• Upvote 11

She might not be getting a shower, given that he is older and has (presumably) an established home.   I got married when I was in my mid-30's and my late husband was in his early 40's.  We had two of everything we needed, so after a decade of throwing and attending dozens of bridal and baby showers, I didn't get one of my own (I wasn't bitter at the time, since we didn't need anything, but since he ended up dying before our 10th anniversary, it now seems like another thing in the long list of things I've been denied in the marriage game.)

I feel horrible for Tabitha.  She's really at the crossroads of marrying an asshole or dying a virgin (given no escape from the cult.)  As a woman that got (and again gets) passed over, my heart literally breaks for her.   

• Upvote 34

18 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

She might not be getting a shower, given that he is older and has (presumably) an established home.   I got married when I was in my mid-30's and my late husband was in his early 40's.  We had two of everything we needed, so after a decade of throwing and attending dozens of bridal and baby showers, I didn't get one of my own (I wasn't bitter at the time, since we didn't need anything, but since he ended up dying before our 10th anniversary, it now seems like another thing in the long list of things I've been denied in the marriage game.)

I feel horrible for Tabitha.  She's really at the crossroads of marrying an asshole or dying a virgin (given no escape from the cult.)  As a woman that got (and again gets) passed over, my heart literally breaks for her.   

Although Tim probably has his own house, Tabitha has never had her own place so the thought of her getting married and moving into Tim's house without much of her own home stuff makes me feel even more sorry for her. I really hope they break it off. 

• Upvote 17

People don't always buy things from registries.  They are just suggestion lists and it isn't required.  I'm sure Jill R. is having poor Nuri make another hideous rug for Tabitha, like the one they gave Jill Duggar.  

It's also not unusual in Fundyland to have the shower very close to the wedding.  People travel quite long distances to go to both.  Elizabeth Munck's (original) shower was the weekend before - and she called off the wedding to Joseph Maxwell immediately after it.  

That said, my fingers are crossed.  I hope Tabitha does change her mind and cancel the wedding.

• Upvote 18

14 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

People don't always buy things from registries.  They are just suggestion lists and it isn't required.  I'm sure Jill R. is having poor Nuri make another hideous rug for Tabitha, like the one they gave Jill Duggar.  

It's also not unusual in Fundyland to have the shower very close to the wedding.  People travel quite long distances to go to both.  Elizabeth Munck's (original) shower was the weekend before - and she called off the wedding to Joseph Maxwell immediately after it.  

That said, my fingers are crossed.  I hope Tabitha does change her mind and cancel the wedding.

Really? I had no idea Elizabeth Munck got that close to the wedding day when calling it off. No wonder Steve is salty. Ha! My cousin called off his wedding about 3 weeks before the day. Then they ended up getting married a few years later. Then divorced. 

It would be sad if she couldn't have the normal fundie stuff like a shower. I assume the fundies enjoy that sort of thing. 

• Upvote 6

Are they getting married in Powell, TN? If so, I do not believe they have applied for a marriage license because it's not been published in the newspaper yet....The Knoxville newspaper publishes all marriage licenses granted each week and includes Powell. 

• Upvote 14

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Really? I had no idea Elizabeth Munck got that close to the wedding day when calling it off.

Six days!  I'm so glad the poor fun-loving girl backed out of Maxhell.

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Six days!  I'm so glad the poor fun-loving girl backed out of Maxhell.

Take that Steve! 

:pb_lol:

If you can't tell, I cannot stand Steve. Imagine that man as your father in law. Just kill me instead thanks.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Closed Womb said:

She might not be getting a shower, given that he is older and has (presumably) an established home.    

Tabitha still lives at home though. Plus, he just comes off like an immature slob (ya know, in addition to being a rapist) so I just don't get the vibe he has some sleek Restoration Hardware bachelor pad. Nothing about this dweeb in his neon orange shutter shades comes off to me as "established."

So it would still make sense to hold a bridal shower to get some nice towels, serving dishes, and decorative objects. Plus, these Fundie girls get screwed out of so many other little celebrations non-fundies get, I always think it really sucks if they don't at least get to really enjoy the wedding events and lead up. 

But my fingers are still crossed that she said "I'm better than this," and called it off. 

(And I'm with you on how unfair it is that the people who marry and have kids later, and so have hosted the bulk of the showers, are expected not to have showers themselves. Preach it sister.)

• Upvote 21

3 hours ago, Dillies said:

Are they getting married in Powell, TN? If so, I do not believe they have applied for a marriage license because it's not been published in the newspaper yet....The Knoxville newspaper publishes all marriage licenses granted each week and includes Powell. 

The registry does say the wedding is in Powell.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

But my fingers are still crossed that she said "I'm better than this," and called it off.

I honestly think her dad would need to decide that the risks of negative publicity and a hit to his reputation aren't worth the chance she's taking with this guy.

• Upvote 5

Maybe they aren't getting a marriage liscense like the pearls. That way theor marriage is holier than the Sodomites. 

• Upvote 5

I really hope that Tabitha has called it off, she deserves better. I'm just not sure that she thinks that way. :( 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I really hope that Tabitha has called it off, she deserves better. I'm just not sure that she thinks that way. :( 

She does deserve better.  I'm guessing she knows that.  

I think she wonders if this will be here only chance.  And, sadly, it might be.  

Seriously, I'm just heartbroken for her.  

• Upvote 13

I get panicking that it could be your only chance, especially as marriage and baby-making is the be all, end all for fundie women, but come on. Use some of that faith you're always talking about and have faith that either someone better WILL come along or you were just meant to be single. Because I mean...

Dying without ever having sex / a romantic relationship / marriage / kids: disappointing, to what degree will depend on your personality and life goals, but certainly not life-ruining. Still totally possible to have a very fulfilled and happy life without any of those things.

OR...

Marrying a convicted rapist: ?!

• Upvote 40

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

OR...

Marrying a convicted rapist: ?!

But he said he's saved, and if he's saved he wouldn't lie, salvation washes away all the nasty, it's gone oh why are people so mean, daddy said it's OK, persecution.

• Upvote 8

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, EmiGirl said:

That way theor marriage is holier than the Sodomites. 

That's an... unfortunate comparison. :brainbleach:

• Upvote 10