IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 5: Engagment on the Horizon

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

This last season ended with Jinger's wedding and honeymoon, where she and Jeremy had some PDA in the kitchen, and Jeremy got hit with a boomerang. We were also introduced to Joy's friend with fellowship, Austin, who has now become her fiancé.

This is the show that doesn't end... (I had that song in my head, and I just had to share the gift LOL)

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Friend with fellowship," LOL! I finally watched the new episode. Did we know about Jim Bob's tiny upstairs office before? Is that the old prayer closet?

6 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

"Friend with fellowship," LOL! I finally watched the new episode. Did we know about Jim Bob's tiny upstairs office before? Is that the old prayer closet?

Now it's the "come hither, those who want to court my daughters" closet.

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Previous thread here:

This last season ended with Jinger's wedding and honeymoon, where she and Jeremy had some PDA in the kitchen, and Jeremy got hit with a boomerang. We were also introduced to Joy's friend with fellowship, Austin, who has now become her fiancé.

This is the show that doesn't end... (I had that song in my head, and I just had to share the gift LOL)

Thank you for the ear worm i'll have for the rest of the night :my_biggrin:

I'm really curious how they work those "ask JB if I can court/marry" things.  Either the guys just do it and then JB tells them, "Okay, now we have to do it again for the cameras, let me call TLC" and then work up some sort of dumb staging, OR said guy knows that if he wants to ask a Duggar girl to court he has to go to TLC first, then they tell him when they'll be at the house filming and he has to come by then and catch JB. It's not possible the second way.  "Oh, JB, we just happen to want to have a camera in your office today. Can't tell you why."  So clearly it's done the first way.  And I guess the asking the actual woman is a re-create -- or not?  I don't think they're good enough actors to actually fake that.  Seems like TLC and everyone else is in on the actual asking, but not the woman?  Like, "we'd like to film at Fort Rock camp today."  And Austen's like, "I really want to go up to the Rock." And TLC says, "Can we film you?"  Austen:  "Uh, sure."  And Joy's like, "Uh ... something's up."

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Previous thread here:

Let me guess. Everybody is super excited.  Michelle blinked and Joy got engaged.  Jimblob can't believe he will be giving his daughter away,l

50 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Let me guess. Everybody is super excited.  Michelle blinked and Joy got engaged.  Jimblob can't believe he will be giving his daughter away,l

Michelle will say "Sweet Joy Joy, it seems like just yesterday, that I gave her to Jill."

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Michelle will say "Sweet Joy Joy, it seems like just yesterday, that I gave her to Jill."

Dude, you owe me a new keyboard! :P

Well, given how TLC has to set up lighting and sound, they have to block out the scenes, put chalk or tape marks down, I think it has to be very obvious to the Duggar women what is up.  I think they have truly had a few surprises such as jeremy showing up at lunch, but Jinger knew they were being filmed for something.  I don't think Jill could possibly have been surprised as I think Michelle was her stand in for the blocking.  Maybe Jana kept Jill busy at a store on the street, but I'm not sure how she could have mistaken the set up. 

3 hours ago, st4rfl33t said:

i'm just happy Joy didn't say "TOTALLY!"

but she did say she was so excited to do wedding planning with Austin 

Will she use Sierra is the question ? 

2 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

So the next season will be all about the courtship-- after they are married already? 

no next season is already filmed - the birth of Henry , JIll pregnant which we see in when April ? 

think October of this year when she is married and pregnant 

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Well, given how TLC has to set up lighting and sound, they have to block out the scenes, put chalk or tape marks down, I think it has to be very obvious to the Duggar women what is up.  I think they have truly had a few surprises such as jeremy showing up at lunch, but Jinger knew they were being filmed for something.  I don't think Jill could possibly have been surprised as I think Michelle was her stand in for the blocking.  Maybe Jana kept Jill busy at a store on the street, but I'm not sure how she could have mistaken the set up. 

But I thought that stand in blocking thing was a different day ? because it was raining the day Michelle was there and it was sunny they actually filmed....

I am sure Jinger just thought she was having lunch with Jessa and it was just being filmed. 

If TLC wants to keep milking this, the other six Duggar kids need to find girlfriends or boyfriends. Jana, John, Joseph, Josiah, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah are the only ones who can legally get married.

14 minutes ago, nst said:

But I thought that stand in blocking thing was a different day ? because it was raining the day Michelle was there and it was sunny they actually filmed....

I don't think it works that way.  They aren't going to leave the lighting and such sitting out on the street overnight.  :)  You get the scene ready to shoot and then you shoot it.  It was raining in NY until minutes before they filmed.  As in let's get this done right now while we have a chance. 

7 minutes ago, season of life said:

If TLC wants to keep milking this, the other six Duggar kids need to find girlfriends or boyfriends. Jana, John, Joseph, Josiah, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah are the only ones who can legally get married.

Joseph potentially does. I don't know about the rest of them but Joseph is definitely being speculated about.

4 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Aw man, well that's gonna be in my head for the rest of the night now! 

This is the show that doesn't end, Yes it goes on and on my friends! The Duggars started breeding for Jesus and TLC, and they'll continue breeding now forever TOTALLY!!

ahem. Now that that's out--so not surprised about the engagement, I'm just surprised that they're saying it just happened. Since they already showed Austin asking JB for permission (ugh), I just assumed like many here that it had already happened. 

6 hours ago, st4rfl33t said:

Now it's the "come hither, those who want to court my daughters" closet.

The Potential Suitor Interrogation Station

4 hours ago, season of life said:

I suspect that Jim Bob, in cooperation with his ego, wants lots more grandchildren with the last name Duggar.  So I think he's probably coaxing some of the guys.

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jessa's scavenger hunt proposal either was in fact a nightmare for the crew because the number of Release & Waivers needed for ALL the background people OR all those people were pulled in a casting call.  I'm guessing the latter.  The sheer number of setups for that would have taken likely all day.

Then UP sort of copied Jessa's scavenger hunt for Michael and Brandon's engagement.

58 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Then UP sort of copied Jessa's scavenger hunt for Michael and Brandon's engagement.

I personally think that was all Brandon. 

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I personally think that was all Brandon. 

ITA. It was very consistent with all the gifts he gave her during their courtship. UP even filmed some of the prep process, like the whole plan to get her there and scoping out places to hide clues. 

13 hours ago, trustworthy said:

I'm really curious how they work those "ask JB if I can court/marry" things.  Either the guys just do it and then JB tells them, "Okay, now we have to do it again for the cameras, let me call TLC" and then work up some sort of dumb staging, OR said guy knows that if he wants to ask a Duggar girl to court he has to go to TLC first, then they tell him when they'll be at the house filming and he has to come by then and catch JB. It's not possible the second way.  "Oh, JB, we just happen to want to have a camera in your office today. Can't tell you why."  So clearly it's done the first way.  And I guess the asking the actual woman is a re-create -- or not?  I don't think they're good enough actors to actually fake that.  Seems like TLC and everyone else is in on the actual asking, but not the woman?  Like, "we'd like to film at Fort Rock camp today."  And Austen's like, "I really want to go up to the Rock." And TLC says, "Can we film you?"  Austen:  "Uh, sure."  And Joy's like, "Uh ... something's up."

This makes me wonder, how come we don't know this?  How come no one is talking?  How do they keep everyone so quiet?  There were supposedly all these guys interested in Jana, but she turned them down.  How come none of them are telling of their experiences in dealing with JB or their impressions of jana or whatever.  They could make a few bucks off of that.

Maybe they're not total slimeballs? I don't know, going to a tabloid and dishing your lame story about being rejected by Jim Bob Duggar seems like a pretty sketchy thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe they're not total slimeballs? I don't know, going to a tabloid and dishing your lame story about being rejected by Jim Bob Duggar seems like a pretty sketchy thing to do. 

Yeah, totally agree that it's sketchy.  But what kind of person goes to JB looking to marry one of those girls in the first place?  Can't be the most upstanding kind of guy.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived