IGNORED

Trump 13: More Scandal, More Fun. Yay! :/

Destiny

4 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Wow. Every time I think he's scrapped the bottom of the integrity barrel, he manages to sink even lower. 

Right? 

Yo, Donny, your desperation is showing! 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember if this was posted already or not. 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/25/1637641/-Pruitt-lied-to-senators-in-saying-he-did-not-use-a-private-email-server-for-official-state-business

Two years before Scott Pruitt was chosen to lead the Environmental Protection Agency that he wants to wreck, Fox 25, the Oklahoma City Fox affiliate, began seeking documents through the Freedom of Information Act relating to his term as Oklahoma attorney general. In the process, the station learned that Pruitt had used a private server for some emails he sent and received relating to official government business. Now the state attorney general’s office has confirmed that Pruitt did, in fact, do this.

Although it is illegal under federal law to use private email accounts for official government business, under Oklahoma law, using private email to conduct state business is not illegal as long as those records are included in searches for public documents. However, during his confirmation hearing before the Senate Environment and Public Works committee, Pruitt testified that he didn’t use private email for state business.

I'm sure it's not a big deal that he lied. Lying is apparently only bad if you're a Democrat. 

30 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Wow. Every time I think he's scrapped the bottom of the integrity barrel, he manages to sink even lower. 

Yeah, that's the first response of the 70 year old man baby, to point at others and whine about how they're doing wrong. 

Has anyone seen Rachel Maddow yet on the DHS document on the travel ban?

The Rachel Maddow Show has obtained, exclusively, a Department of Homeland Security intelligence assessment document. The document, from the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, makes the case that most foreign-born, U.S.-based violent extremists are likely not radicalized when they come to the U.S., but rather become radicalized after living in the U.S. for a number of years.

The document follows another piece of research from Homeland Security that undercut President Trump’s rationale for a travel ban as a means of keeping violent extremists out. On Friday, the Associated Press published an analysis from Homeland Security that said citizenship in any given country – including the seven countries listed in the executive order – is likely an unreliable indicator of whether someone poses a terrorist threat.

The new assessment, obtained by the Rachel Maddow Show and dated March 1, tracks 88 violent, foreign-born extremists in the United States. More than half of them had been in the U.S. more than 10 years before they were indicted or killed.

Homeland Security tonight has confirmed the authenticity of the document. The department says production of it began in August 2016, and that it likely would have reached the White House. We have asked the White House for comment tonight. They have not responded.

Louise Mensch, who I mentioned previously in this thread, still insists that James Comey is the good guy in all of this: 

I see her point on this. I believe at least several Republicans in the House and Senate are in on the Russia scandal. So it does make sense that Comey wouldn't want to share what he knows with them. 

What do you guys think?

@RoseWilderI don't think we've even scratched the surface of those who have accepted Russian campaign donations, or have had inappropriate contact.

I truly believe that this has the capacity to be either the greatest attack ever on constitutional democracy in the US,and its eventual undermining, or the biggest scandal ever in US politics.

Which it is, depends on how many, in House and Senate, actually have both a conscience and the best interests of the country, rather than themselves and their various agendas, at heart.

ETA I think there are also multitudes of other scandals regarding tRump, including abuse of office for financial gain, which will slither slowly out. And if they are also not addressed, then the office of the Presidency is permanently marked.

36 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Louise Mensch, who I mentioned previously in this thread, still insists that James Comey is the good guy in all of this: 

I see her point on this. I believe at least several Republicans in the House and Senate are in on the Russia scandal. So it does make sense that Comey wouldn't want to share what he knows with them. 

What do you guys think?

I have mixed feelings about Comey. I definitely think he contributed to Agent Orange's election in November, but I think he was strong-armed into releasing the Hillary stuff right before the election by some uber-conservatives in the Bureau. There were many reports that the NY Field Office, which has a culture all its own, was gathering dirt and pushing him to release the info in the most damaging way possible. I think he should have fallen on his sword after the election and resigned, but he didn't.

I do think that many politicians on both sides are going to be exposed for having ties to Russia, some more than others. Those who want to have a hope of a future in politics should seriously consider coming clean now, before the NYT or WaPo exposes them.

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

Trump's agenda for today:

1.  Visit Catholic elementary school in Florida and talk about vouchers

2.  Spend rest of the day (early weekend!) at Mar-a-Lago

Does he plan on being an actual president any time soon?  What am I talking about, Bannon is the real president.  Trump is just his bitch he trots out on occasion to scribble his name on something.

6 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

And we're up to 12 now: 

1. Ted Cruz

2. Devin Nunes

3. Paul Ryan

4. Tom Cotton

5. Lindsey Graham

6. Orin Hatch

7. Steve King

8. Rand Paul

9. Chuck Grassley

10. Mitch McConnell

11. Richard Burr

12. Trey Gowdy

If this keeps up I'm going to have to learn to use the spoiler tags because the list is going to get VERY long. 

I'm torn between wanting to know the full extent of the kompromat on these guys, and fearing that I'd have to rip my brain out and run it through the sanitize cycle on my dishwasher after seeing it. Seriously, what could the Russians have on these guys that is so insanely bad that they would sell out their own country to keep it concealed?

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I saw on Twitter that Trump learned about this from Drudge who got it from Gateway Pundit. Parker Molloy has made a helpful diagram of how information starts in the fever swamps and ends up in the White House:

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Does he plan on being an actual president any time soon?  What am I talking about, Bannon is the real president.  Trump is just his bitch he trots out on occasion to scribble his name on something.

He was so presidential just the other night. What do you mean? He was able to speak for an hour without throwing feces against the wall! :angry-banghead:

Sorry... I'm losing my sanity. 

Did you all see the clapback to the tweet I posted earlier? 

Fucking great! 

Also, it took him three tries to tweet the word, "hereby," correctly, earlier. The funniest part is that he tweeted about education next. Haha. DeVos must have been helping with his spelling 

24 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm torn between wanting to know the full extent of the kompromat on these guys, and fearing that I'd have to rip my brain out and run it through the sanitize cycle on my dishwasher after seeing it. Seriously, what could the Russians have on these guys that is so insanely bad that they would sell out their own country to keep it concealed?

I saw on Twitter that Trump learned about this from Drudge who got it from Gateway Pundit. Parker Molloy has made a helpful diagram of how information starts in the fever swamps and ends up in the White House:

^^^^ This looks like a bad Keith Haring painting.

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Forgot to mention that "I'm going to be a daughter" Ivanka was there, as was her truant daughter.  Because five year olds really want to learn about school vouchers while cutting school.

"Ready to engage: Patrick Stewart applying for US citizenship so he can 'fight' Trump"

Patrick Stewart is unphasered by President Donald Trump. In fact, the "Star Trek" captain wants to become a US citizen so he can "fight" his presidency.

The actor made the comments when he was asked on ABC's "The View" about a tweet he wrote last month: "Had the worst sleep of my life last night. But I was sleeping less than 300 yards from where Donald Trump sleeps. Could there be a connection?"

"I resisted social media for years and now I'm pretty fully involved," he told the hosts Thursday. "The first night I was in Washington, I had the worst night sleep for years and years and years. And it was only in the morning when I got up and drew the curtain that I realized what it might be. But it was a fairly innocent tweet. I did not directly insult your President."

"He's not mine," co-host Whoopi Goldberg responded, drawing laughter and claps from the audience.

"He's not mine, either," Stewart said. "You know, we have our own problems. We have Brexit. But I'm not a (US) citizen. However, there is, maybe it's the only good thing as the result of this election, I am now applying for citizenship. Because I want to be an American, too."

The "X-Men" star continued: "Because all of my friends in Washington said there's only one thing you can do: fight, fight, oppose, oppose. But I can't do it because I'm not a citizen."

Arnold Schwarzenegger quits Celebrity Apprentice, blames Trump.

ARNOLD Schwarzenegger says he will not be returning as host of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice because of fellow Republican President Donald Trump.

“Even if asked (to do it again) I would decline,” The Terminator actor told Empire magazine. (...) “With Trump being involved in the show people have a bad taste and don’t want to participate as a spectator or sponsor or in any other way support the show. It’s a very divisive period right now and I think the show got caught up in all that division.” (...) Schwarzenegger added: “When people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people (started) boycotting it.”

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I don't remember if this was posted already or not. 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/25/1637641/-Pruitt-lied-to-senators-in-saying-he-did-not-use-a-private-email-server-for-official-state-business

I'm sure it's not a big deal that he lied. Lying is apparently only bad if you're a Democrat. 

He didn't lie:

a) he misunderstood the question;

B) he presented an alternative fact;

c) he has an R next to his name so he could not have possibly told a lie; and

d) this is a witch hunt and you are so mean.

5 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Right? 

Yo, Donny, your desperation is showing! 

Every time I think I can't get more furious, he keeps adding to my rage.

An interesting analysis: "The web of relationships between Team Trump and Russia". Too much to quote, but interesting graphics and a person by person listing of those closest to Agent Orange. It doesn't go into Congressional ties. I'm sure that will be out soon.

Oh my, it looks like the shit is about to hit the fan...

Maybe, to balance out my list of traitors to this country, I should also make a list of patriots: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/03/the-web-of-relationships-between-team-trump-and-russia/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trumprussia-231pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.49ebdda55075

Reps. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) and Walter Jones (R-N.C.) signed a letter urging the chairmen of the House Ways and Means Committee and Senate Finance Committee to ask for copies of Trump's tax documents from the last decade.

The letter was spearheaded by Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and signed by most of the 193-member House Democratic Caucus. It argues that letting members of Congress see what’s in Trump’s tax returns would clear up any questions about whether his business ties offer conflicts of interest. [...]

“Disclosure would serve the public interest of clarifying President Trump's conflicts of interest in office, the potential for him to personally benefit from tax reform, and ensure that he is not receiving any preferential treatment from the IRS,” the letter states.

4 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Can we frame this? 

I'm in tears! 

How white of him.  I'm getting all stabby again.

47 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Ya know is anybody going to tell orange shit stain that treason is against the law?

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Oh my, it looks like the shit is about to hit the fan...

Orange fuck face needs to duck.  Or use Pence as a  human shield

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Yea, but Moldavort will just blather on how Schwarzenegger's ratings were BAD and SAD and how his were the greatest ever in the history of the TeeVee 

This is how Fox News is responding to the Jeff Sessions sandal: 

So now publicly meeting with a Russian Ambassador in an official capacity, with cameras present, is the same thing as having a secret, private meeting that you later lie to congress about. i think I can see why ever Fox News viewer I know is an idiot who is completely incapable of logical thought. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived