IGNORED

Trump 13: More Scandal, More Fun. Yay! :/

Destiny

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Howl said:

Here's a very interesting note from the comments section at Talking Points Memo, in respone to another commenter speculating that perhaps it was a Russian in Trump Tower who was wiretapped:  

A few comments further along,  this same guy posts a link to this Dec. 2016 article in USA Today:  Why does Donald Trump like Russians? Maybe because they love his condos

Interesting angle.  Like I said, the text quoted above is not from an official source, but sounds interesting.  I don't quite see how the money laundering angle would work if the money was being paid as rent, unless the landowner kicks back part of the rent to whoever is leasing.  

Yeah that came up in property class not too long ago, about how sometimes people organized crime will way overpay to buy or rent a given property in order to help them launder money.

From what I understand one way money laundering happens is that the person renting the property owns the company they're renting the property from.  They put their ill gotten gains in as rent and get it back from the company. 

This whole Agent Orange administration stinks worse than a diarrhetic Hutt. 

Well get the smelling salts and point me to the nearest fainting couch. I am stunned STUNNED that Trump lied again: 

35 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

It would be interesting for a president to wind up in jail...

2 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Well get the smelling salts and point me to the nearest fainting couch. I am stunned STUNNED that Trump lied again: 

I have an image of Trump waving his hand and saying, "these are not the tax returns (or proof, insert whatever here) you're looking for" and expecting us to say, "these are not the tax returns we're looking for. Move along, move along."

Except we all know he's more likely to quote a Sith Lord than a Jedi.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

If the proof existed, Kellyanne and the other minions would be flashing said proof, every time a camera came within a country mile of any of them. It would be excellent PR, and he's an blithering idiot to not take advantage of the good publicity such a move would create. Hell, even I would grudgingly give him his due, if he really was donating his salary to some worthwhile place like a food bank, or an animal shelter.

Nope, the proof doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. When it comes to charitable donations, Trump's already shown that he's all hat, no cattle.

Speaking of his minions, is Scottie Nell Hughes still shilling for Trump?  

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

If the proof existed, Kellyanne and the other minions would be flashing said proof, every time a camera came within a country mile of any of them. It would be excellent PR, and he's an blithering idiot to not take advantage of the good publicity such a move would create. Hell, even I would grudgingly give him his due, if he really was donating his salary to some worthwhile place like a food bank, or an animal shelter.

Nope, the proof doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. When it comes to charitable donations, Trump's already shown that he's all hat, no cattle.

Speaking of his minions, is Scottie Nell Hughes still shilling for Trump?  

I agree.  They'd be showing anyone who would listen how great a guy he is.  My guess is that once he became president elect, he found out that presidents have to pay for food, clothing (including any formal attire needed for state dinners and the like), any other essentials a person normally needs, travel not related to government (i.e. he has to pay the equivalent of a first class ticket for himself, his staff, his family, and anyone else he takes with him on his weekend trips to Mar a Lago), haircuts and stylists, etc.  Pretty much everything except rent or upkeep of the White House (it's government property so the government is in charge of upkeep) or travel for government business.  This is why the president gets a salary.  I'm sure he didn't realize this before being elected and now doesn't want to have to fork over his own money to live in D.C. and do this job.

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

It would be interesting for a president to wind up in jail...

Correction. It would be justice if this presidunce wound up in jail.

Parasitic presidunce adviser Roger Stond admits contact with suspected Russian hacker Guccifer 2.0.

From the Independant on the subject:

One of Donald Trump's senior advisers has admitted that he had contact with the figure claiming to be behind the hacking of Democratic emails during the US presidential election. [...]

The Republican Party strategist [said] that they had made contact after the hacking had taken place.[...]

Nicknamed "the dirty trickster", he has a reputation in Washington for underhand campaign tactics and the promulgation of conspiracy theories about his political rivals.

He was banned from major American news networks during the 2016 electoral campaign after he used a racial epithet to describe an African American journalist.  [...]

Last week the veteran Republican campaigner repeated Mr Trump's unsubstantiated allegation that Barack Obama had ordered wiretapping in New York's Trump Tower ahead of the presidential election.  

"I believe that [Mr Trump] was under surveillance by the federal government, by the intelligence agencies, while he was the Republican nominee for President," he told Russia Today, the international television network funded by the Russian government. "This is a scandal bigger than Watergate."[...]

Mr Stone also said he had a "perfectly legal back channel" means of communicating with WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, whose organisation released the trove of hacked Democratic emails.

From the Washington Times, on the same subject:

“It was so perfunctory, brief and banal I had forgotten it,” the political consultant told The Times on Friday with respect to a private Twitter exchange he had with “Guccifer 2.0,” a pseudonymous entity explicitly tied to the DNC hack. [...]

Mr. Stone wrote an article for Breitbart News on Aug. 5 attributing the DNC breach to Guccifer 2.0, not Russia, and swapped a handful of direct messages with the persona in the weeks that followed, according to copies of the conversations provided to the Times.

In one of the messages dated Aug. 14, Mr. Stone said he was “delighted” that Twitter had reinstated Guccifer 2.0’s account following a brief suspension. Two days later, Mr. Stone again privately messaged the Twitter account and asked for it to retweet a column he had written about the prospects of the 2016 presidential election being “rigged.”

“wow. thank u for writing back, and thank u for an article about me!!!” Guccifer 2.0 wrote Mr. Stone in the interim, referring to the Breitbart piece. “do u find anything interesting in the docs i posted?”

“i’m pleased to say that u r great man,” Guccifer 2.0 wrote in an Aug. 17 message to Mr. Stone. “please tell me if i can help u anyhow. it would be a great pleasure to me.”

The U.S. intelligence community later concluded with high-confidence that the Russian government directed the DNC breach, among other operations, then utilized the Guccifer 2.0 persona in order to publicly release data obtained in the hacks.[...]

While Mr. Stone’s private exchange is on the surface mundane, its existence could nonetheless be problematic for Mr. Trump, whose administration has been repeatedly dogged in recent weeks over its ties to Russia.

The Smoking Gun reported earlier this week that U.S. authorities had obtained private messages sent between the two accounts during the course of conducting a federal investigation. Both the DNC breach and Mr. Trump’s purported ties to Russia are the subject of ongoing probes.

When asked last month if anyone from his staff had communicated with Russia during his campaign, Mr. Trump said: “Nobody that I know of.”

From the New York Times, also on the same subject:

It is the first time that someone associated with Mr. Trump has confirmed any type of contact with Guccifer 2.0, which claimed to be a Romanian hacker and took credit for the hacking of the Democratic National Committee.

But Mr. Stone insisted in an interview that the contact had been brief and involved nothing more than the exchange of a few direct messages, well after the party committee had been hacked. “Even if he is a Russian agent, my cursory exchange with him happens after he releases the D.N.C. stuff,” Mr. Stone said on Saturday. “There’s only one exchange with him. I had no further exchanges.”[...]

American officials have said that Mr. Stone is one of several Trump advisers under scrutiny over their ties to Russia.

In August, Mr. Stone wrote on Twitter that John D. Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, would soon go through his “time in the barrel.” Weeks later, WikiLeaks began publishing a trove of Mr. Podesta’s hacked emails, the daily release of which was seen as damaging to the campaign.[...]

Mr. Stone, a subject of fascination in Republican politics for decades, parted company with the Trump campaign in the summer of 2015. He still advises Mr. Trump at times, and shares the president’s view that Democrats’ allegations of collusion between the campaign and Russia are a smear. He denied any knowledge of what the hackers were up to before their attacks. “This is a witch hunt,” Mr. Stone said. “It’s the worst form of McCarthyism. Seems as if you’re not for nuclear war with the Russians over Syria, then you must be a traitor.”

In an assessment of Russian election meddling released in January, American intelligence agencies said they had “high confidence” that Guccifer 2.0 was a persona through which Russian intelligence officials sought “to release U.S. victim data obtained in cyberoperations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets and related material to WikiLeaks.” [...]

During the campaign, Guccifer 2.0 used social media to invite individual reporters and Republican operatives to request specific caches of documents.

Not long after, reports began circulating that Russia was behind the hacks, and that the materials were being spread as part of a campaign to undercut the candidacy of Mrs. Clinton. Still, that did not stop journalists and Republican operatives from dealing with Guccifer 2.0, and Mr. Stone was hardly alone in having contact with the hackers.

The fact that this Roger Stone had contact with Guccifer/the Russians and is a conspiracy theorist Breitbart contributing white supremasist tangerine toddler advisor is not surprising. The fact that he admits to the contact kinda is. Is this admission deflecting something else? Or am I being too cynical now?

The thing that's the most infuriating to me right now is that people like Paul Ryan and Jason Chaffetz keep insisting that there's no proof that anyone had contact with Russia, or were in any way involved in throwing the election for Trump, and yet Trump's own people keep admitting it. 

Carter Page

Paul Manafort

Michael Flynn 

Jeff Sessions

Roger Stone

They've all admitted they had contact in some way. And there have been a few other people whose names escape me at the moment. I think we're up to about 8 people admitting there was contact. And yet Ryan and Chaffetz and their slimy ilk are all trying to convince us there's nothing to this scandal. 

11 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

We all know that the ONLY thing Agent Orange is donating his salary to is himself. He doesn't give money to anyone or anything else. Look at the whole situation where he kept saying he had donated to a charity for veterans, but only did so after being hounded repeatedly. I hope the whole Russia situation blows up sooner rather than later (it can't blow up soon enough in my eyes) and he gets removed from office, preferably in a prison jumpsuit. Boy, going from being a "billionaire successful businessman" to earning a dollar a day in prison would be quite the letdown for the tangerine toddler. Can you imagine the tantrum when he finds out that prisoners can't have cell phones?

Trump wants to hear how the ACA impacted you. After you submit your story you get a video of him reading a script about how terrible the ACA. 

I made sure to praise the ACA and discuss the problems with Trumpcare in my reply. I don't think he likes this failing health care act being named after him. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/obamacare-share-your-story

41 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

We all know that the ONLY thing Agent Orange is donating his salary to is himself. He doesn't give money to anyone or anything else. Look at the whole situation where he kept saying he had donated to a charity for veterans, but only did so after being hounded repeatedly. I hope the whole Russia situation blows up sooner rather than later (it can't blow up soon enough in my eyes) and he gets removed from office, preferably in a prison jumpsuit. Boy, going from being a "billionaire successful businessman" to earning a dollar a day in prison would be quite the letdown for the tangerine toddler. Can you imagine the tantrum when he finds out that prisoners can't have cell phones?

I just thought of the movie My Fellow Americans and how it might turn out to imitate real life after all...

Spoiler

In particular the end where the TV reporter says, "Nine months after he took the oath of office former president and convicted felon Ted Matthews today began serving his sentence at a federal prison in Stafford, Virginia."

That would be so delicious if we got to hear the words, "...former president and convicted felon Donald J. Trump today began serving his sentence at the federal prison in <insert town name here>."

Ryan has no spine or morals and will bend to the will of whoever will give him the most power. I really hope he gets taken down at some point soon so we no longer have to see him. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Ryan has no spine or morals and will bend to the will of whoever will give him the most power. I really hope he gets taken down at some point soon so we no longer have to see him. 

I had a FB friend say that Ryan is now the face of Social Darwinism.  Hopefully by the time it's all over if you look up the term Social Darwinism it'll have Ryan's picture next to it in the dictionary.

12 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I understand there is also no tangible proof that Trump has divested himself from his businesses...and of course, we are still waiting on those tax returns that he said he was going to release.

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

The thing that's the most infuriating to me right now is that people like Paul Ryan and Jason Chaffetz keep insisting that there's no proof that anyone had contact with Russia, or were in any way involved in throwing the election for Trump, and yet Trump's own people keep admitting it. 

Carter Page

Paul Manafort

Michael Flynn 

Jeff Sessions

Roger Stone

They've all admitted they had contact in some way. And there have been a few other people whose names escape me at the moment. I think we're up to about 8 people admitting there was contact. And yet Ryan and Chaffetz and their slimy ilk are all trying to convince us there's nothing to this scandal. 

Jared Kusher

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived